Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Perhaps we could compile a list of ideologically correct junk foods? I need a verdict on whether these carne asada fries are authentic enough!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Perhaps we could compile a list of ideologically correct junk foods? I need a verdict on whether these carne asada fries are authentic enough!

There's a pretty decent percentage of restaurants and food processing plants that have semi legal immigrant labor and shady labor practices. It's better to just not eat.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Shbobdb posted:

"Nah man, my daddy totally eats good food too!"

He is trying to defend his shitlord dad who eats literal garbage and says that it is the only thing that doesn't make him sick. Have you ever eaten at a Bob Evans or a Cracker Barrel? That poo poo is a culinary holocaust.

But no, keep defending the dude who is trying to say those places are the kinds of places that won't get you sick. It's cool.

Quit tripping, you already admitted that you freaked out without reading his posts.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
I'm waiting at a car dealership and they're playing Fox News. Some middle aged guy in a visor profusely thanked the clerk for saying "merry Christmas." I feel like I'm in hell.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

FuzzySkinner posted:

I wish there were more figures within churches across the country that would be willing to stand up against people like Phil Robertson and his supporters.

It wouldn't certainly shut up quite a few of the bible thumpers to be told they're focusing their efforts on trivial bullshit, and told that Jesus wouldn't be accepting of their behavior.

This article is along those lines.

http://intheparlor.wordpress.com/2013/12/19/what-you-believe-about-homosexuality-doesnt-matter/

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Shbobdb posted:

"Nah man, my daddy totally eats good food too!"

He is trying to defend his shitlord dad who eats literal garbage and says that it is the only thing that doesn't make him sick. Have you ever eaten at a Bob Evans or a Cracker Barrel? That poo poo is a culinary holocaust.

But no, keep defending the dude who is trying to say those places are the kinds of places that won't get you sick. It's cool.

Is this the part where you tell us how your dad is totally cooler than his dad?

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
My dad isn't a member of the petit bourgeoisie, capitalosers :smuggo:

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I'm waiting at a car dealership and they're playing Fox News. Some middle aged guy in a visor profusely thanked the clerk for saying "merry Christmas." I feel like I'm in hell.

When I used to feel that way I would play any old Hour of Slack episode in the car. (Or Firesign Theatre.) They're free to download, although gratuities are always appreciated. I've been away from the big city for five years now and I guess I've gotten less thin-skinned or something, but I just don't seem to notice the teabagger talk no mo'. And instead of stealing all the "Remember Benghazi!" signs along the highway, I just laugh at what an rear end somebody has made of himself, and paid a sign company to be able to do it too. Odelay, odelay.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wolfsheim posted:

I'm not siding with Shbobdb or anything because he's being kind of an rear end in a top hat about it, but you can definitely get sick from eating McDonald's? Maybe it's just because I live in godless Portland but due to the availability of so many other, better options I only eat at fast food chains anywhere between weeks and months apart. I noticed if I go too long my body will actively reject that poo poo, and I can actually become somewhat nauseous when eating it.

Because, you know, I want to perpetuate another classic D&D food detail :shobon:

The point is that when traveling and unfamiliar with what local places are awesome and what local places are a week away from being shut down by the Board of Health its usually a safe bet to go with places like Cracker Barrel or McDonalds. And sure, there's food on those menus that could make you regret eating but there's also probably plain, milquetoast items that if you eat in moderation you can satisfy your stomach and get back on the road with minimal issue. And odds are you know what items on the McDonalds menu upset your stomach and which don't if you eat there occasionally.

But yes, of course, if you're home find the good food and skip the franchises. But franchises exist largely because of familiarity and that when you're out of towner they are known quantities. And for what its worth I also go months between fast food when at home and often get sick when I do eat it, but I can probably safely chalk that up to over eating because its been months so I kind of over indulge.

The one time I ate at a Cracker Barrel it was for exactly this reason. I was with a group of friends traveling and very unfamiliar with what the area and they decided the Cracker Barrel was a safe enough place that had enough things on the menu to cover our group's tastes. My only real memory of the meal was that it was pretty bland and I had to negotiate with the waiter for something green.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

White Protestant males are not the establishment because we can't oppress gays and blacks as easily anymore (but still pretty easily).

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Who is Steve Deace, and why did he tag this article "Palin" when she isn't referred to once?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/12/19/duck-dynasty-bible-religion-palin-robertson-column/4124181/

A very damaged human being whose major accomplishment in political life was getting the Iowa state senator that had to resign for getting caught with his hand in Michelle Bachmann's cookie jar originally elected.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

My Facebook feed right now.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Typical Pubbie posted:

This is just really confusing. Do they really need to make an effort to not feel ashamed because they're straight? Are they suggesting that only one group can have pride at any given time and must coopt other groups symbols in order to absorb their power? I mean as a heterosexual individual I don't understand how I'm supposed to be invested in this movement.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

cafel posted:

This is just really confusing. Do they really need to make an effort to not feel ashamed because they're straight? Are they suggesting that only one group can have pride at any given time and must coopt other groups symbols in order to absorb their power? I mean as a heterosexual individual I don't understand how I'm supposed to be invested in this movement.

Sexuality hierarchy works by highlander rules.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

cafel posted:

You aren't its a tone deaf movement done by retards in order to push back against some sort of perceived societal slight that fails to take into consideration that maybe gay pride is being pushed so that many people in their discovery of their orientation aren't ashamed of whatever they end up finding themselves to be.

How many teenagers commit suicide due to their overwhelming burden of being heterosexual?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Only caught a bit of it when I was out doing some shopping, but Rush's substitute today, Mark Belling (though I kept hearing Bell-end because I'm apparently 13), seemed to be half-seriously advocating for a conservative alternative to Bitcoin, Rush Coins. I hope it happens. :allears:

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

ReidRansom posted:

Only caught a bit of it when I was out doing some shopping, but Rush's substitute today, Mark Belling (though I kept hearing Bell-end because I'm apparently 13), seemed to be half-seriously advocating for a conservative alternative to Bitcoin, Rush Coins. I hope it happens. :allears:

These pundits are so far behind the times. Everybody knows dogecoin is the hot new crypto currency.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

ReidRansom posted:

I would love to see the complaints from Rush listeners when they can't mine them on their 10-year old Compaqs and eMachines.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I had no idea that bitcoins were too liberal for Dittoheads.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Rushcoin ads will show up in the show, where they'll send you a voucher good for Rushcoins that you can obtain without using a computer to get.

Also, Rushcoins will have to be the exact opposite of bitcoins where instead of 1 btc being worth a $100, it's $1 for 100 r$c. You can be a r$c MILLIONAIRE for only an investment of a few thousand dollars!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Scamming people with gold schemes must be getting less and less effective for right-wing radio. It's time to diversify.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Lycus posted:

I had no idea that bitcoins were too liberal for Dittoheads.

What isn't? One of the many guilty pleasures of enjoying Limbaugh's inevitable demise will be seeing his audience split 700 ways and tear each other apart over those obvious RINOs trying to fill his shoes.

I'm kidding, of course. There's nothing guilty about it.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

cafel posted:

It seems to come from a basic misunderstanding of what gay pride is in the first place. Gay people start a solidarity movement basically saying, "We're here, you're not alone, and we're not going to let people treat us like poo poo anymore," and somehow people hear, "Gay people are better than straight people!!!!1!" It's basically mistaking no longer having quite enough privilege to gay bash with complete impunity for being oppressed.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

ReidRansom posted:

please, please do this

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Guilty Spork posted:

It's basically mistaking no longer having quite enough privilege to gayanybody-bash with complete impunity for being oppressed.

Conservativism.txt

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Typical Pubbie posted:

I wonder when they'll be taking back shoving stuff up your butt for pleasure.

e: also good dance music and tasteful interior design

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

The one thing I don't get is from the right wing talking heads that I heard from today (including Mike Huckabee who is starting yet another campaign about this). Why should I be tolerant of these people?

They're clearly creating a rather hostile environment in this country, clearly doing damage to the Christian faith, and are clearly bigoted.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

FuzzySkinner posted:

The one thing I don't get is from the right wing talking heads that I heard from today (including Mike Huckabee who is starting yet another campaign about this). Why should I be tolerant of these people?

They're clearly creating a rather hostile environment in this country, clearly doing damage to the Christian faith, and are clearly bigoted.

They straight up believe that gay people are unrepentant sinners that must be saved, and that their sexuality is an affront to God. For the best of them, they think they're doing gay people a favor by pointing out their impending damnation. For the worst, it's an opportunity to judge and hate. But in all cases their observations of gay people are objective fact according to their religion. So when Phil Robertson or whoever makes these claims about gay people, it's statement of religious belief, and criticism of those comments is an attack on religious freedom. Thus the real problem here is the persecution of people based on religion.

To understand this you have to come from the position of surety that they're right in these convictions. They simply do not entertain the possibility that what they're saying is wrong or hurtful or bigoted.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
They're just treating people like how they would want to be treated.

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

No home should be without one.
In the least surprising development in the history of the universe, Sarah Palin didn't read the GQ interview she defended:

quote:

When pressed by Fox News host Greta Van Susteren whether the language Robertson used when talking about his opposition to homosexuality was graphic and offensive, Palin admitted she didn’t know what Robertson had said.

"I haven’t read the article. I don’t know exactly how he said it,” Palin said Monday on Fox News’s “On the Record with Greta Van Susteren."

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/12/sarah-palin-duck-dynasty-interview-101500.html

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

RetroHelix posted:

In the least surprising development in the history of the universe, Sarah Palin didn't read the GQ interview she defended:

But I though she read all of 'em, Katie. :confused:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
How the gently caress did she get tripped up by Greta Van Susteren? Van Susteren has been Palin's unofficial media officer since the 2008 campaign.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Reading is hard. Really, really hard.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If she could feel shame I bet that would be really, really embarrassing.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

With all that time spent getting fabulous in hair and makeup, how do you expect her to stay informed? Leave Sarah ALONE!

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Radish posted:

If she could feel shame I bet that would be really, really embarrassing.

That's the thing - there is no shame in being wrong for these people. What matters is she took a swing for her team and win or lose, she's a good guy. It's pandering to idiots, for idiots. There are no consequences for what the Right does. Credibility does not matter to them and it's maddening.

It's like when you hear these GOPshitthatdidnthappen.txt stories and confront it with facts or disprove whatever, the response is always "Well it was just a nice story" or something similar.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Phone posted:

Reading is hard. Really, really hard.

I would honestly believe if someone told me that Sarah Palin cannot read.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

RetroHelix posted:

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/12/sarah-palin-duck-dynasty-interview-101500.html
Fox News, newest member of the GOTCHA MEDIA

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

With all that time spent getting fabulous in hair and makeup, how do you expect her to stay informed? Leave Sarah ALONE!

Yo please don't go this route. There are plenty of excuses to crap all over Palin for being a repugnant person without bringing her appearance into it in a gendered attack.

Leave that poo poo to them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poor nose
Oct 29, 2005

I think it was more of a tongue in cheek nod to the "Leave Britney ALONE!" video.