Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Flipswitch posted:

The only thing with the penta is I refused to stop jump sliding into my explosions and got killed more than once for it. :v:

Oh, I get gibbed by my own grenades all the time. One bad bounce and you're on the ground. I keep having issues with the Stug, too, but that's part of the appeal.

The appeal of having skillz. :c00l:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Wow, PS4 Warframe's RNG hates me. I've been running Saturn nodes off and on for the last week and have yet to get a single Orokin Cell. I just want to finish Trinity :negative:

dark_3y3
Sep 24, 2002

"Identity Crisis" Murderer.
Been playing for a while now on the ps4 and I can't find the bonus base damage to rifles mod for the life of me. I have pistols, mêlée, and shotgun but not one drat rifle. I got at least 2 to 3 element mods for each weapon so I'm good so far but it's still annoying as hell.

Just stepped into my rhino a couple of days ago and I feel invincible in it. I'm only level 20 with it but it don't matter, rhino gives no fucks about anything. I imagine this is what it would feel like to be the Juggernaut. Question I have is if the mood that increases mod duration works with iron skin

dark_3y3 fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Dec 24, 2013

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

Iron skin works as a layer of extra health on top of your shields, it lasts until it gets used up, and you get more by increasing power strength.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

The rifle damage mod you are looking for is called Serration, and its rarity is a common complaint among players. I've seen it sold for as low as 10p on the trading channel.

InfiniteNoodles
Jul 9, 2008
I got used to being able to tank one penta shot with iron skin so I never learned to watch for ricochets. Now it does so much damage it one-shots me through iron skin. It's still my favorite weapon.

Redchaostry
Nov 27, 2008
Is the Boar sub-par? I have this (nearly OCD) thing of leveling everything to max, and I am just not inspired by the Boar. Perhaps I lack the mods for it or something.

Research, do you have to be a member of a clan or what not to do it?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Vauban Helmet alert for another hour.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Got my Boltor building... I feel like the difficulty ramped up at Mars, or maybe it's just I'm using the wrong stuff for Corpus, but my new weapons haven't leveled enough that I can slot Magnetic poo poo onto them.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

The trick is to just get enough mods that make weapons good against everything.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Sometimes I dig Survival missions. Got through 25 minutes on Saturn and walked away with two orokin cells and the rifle ammo mutation/conversion mod. :toot:

Building my potato now and I guess I'll finally have to decide between Rhino and Trinity until I get off my butt and farm more cells up. Beelining for Europa for control modules in the meanwhile.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The scarf from the steam sale looks pretty cool but you can't recolor it if anyone was wondering.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Any PS4 super-bros wanna help me get a Control Module? (aka: Do some babysitting?)
I'm ILL_MITCH and I'm on naoooow.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

dark_3y3 posted:

Been playing for a while now on the ps4 and I can't find the bonus base damage to rifles mod for the life of me. I have pistols, mêlée, and shotgun but not one drat rifle. I got at least 2 to 3 element mods for each weapon so I'm good so far but it's still annoying as hell.

Just stepped into my rhino a couple of days ago and I feel invincible in it. I'm only level 20 with it but it don't matter, rhino gives no fucks about anything. I imagine this is what it would feel like to be the Juggernaut. Question I have is if the mood that increases mod duration works with iron skin

Iron Skin doesn't care about duration at all, so if you just want to use Stomp and Iron Skin there's no downsides to just sticking a maximum Fleeting Expertise on Rhino, making it really cheap to infinitely recast Iron Skin.

Now, you can make Iron Skin last longer by increasing power strength. So Blind Rage / Focus.

Eventually, you might want to have Rank 2 Blind Rage, maxed Fleeting Expertise, maxed Focus and maxed Streamline, so you can get +57% power strength and +75% power efficiency, seeing power efficiency (how much it costs) doesn't go above 75%. Blind Rage and Fleeting Expertise are corrupted mods, though, so they can be tricky to get.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So if I pop a tower key, am I playing by myself? I popped one once and was by myself and promptly got my rear end handed to me. I want to make the most of it, and get some decent credits. How do tower keys work with wanting to play with others?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Feenix posted:

So if I pop a tower key, am I playing by myself? I popped one once and was by myself and promptly got my rear end handed to me. I want to make the most of it, and get some decent credits. How do tower keys work with wanting to play with others?

You need to use the key and then invite people to your game from the clan before you actually start the level. You can also invite from in the level if you haven't finished the objective yet. They aren't open to public matchmaking.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Also, tower keys are only used up when you successfully complete the mission.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

hooah posted:

Also, tower keys are only used up when you successfully complete the mission.

Good to know because I just got my poo poo pushed in.

Anyone wanna run a tower with me on PS4? I invited everyone on the clan list who is online, but no go...

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Feenix posted:

Good to know because I just got my poo poo pushed in.

Anyone wanna run a tower with me on PS4? I invited everyone on the clan list who is online, but no go...

Best thing to do is just jump into our PS4 party. You'll see the same handful of us nearly every night.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Doji Sekushi posted:

Best thing to do is just jump into our PS4 party. You'll see the same handful of us nearly every night.

What is the PS4 Party? I assume its a chat party, but how would I find ya?

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Feenix posted:

What is the PS4 Party? I assume its a chat party, but how would I find ya?

Just send me a friend request. It's my SA name without the space. I'm usually in a party with the regulars. I just logged off for the night, but the others will likely be on for hours yet.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Doji Sekushi posted:

Just send me a friend request. It's my SA name without the space. I'm usually in a party with the regulars. I just logged off for the night, but the others will likely be on for hours yet.

Sent you a friend request. (great avatar on PSN, btw!) So how do I find the others in chat?

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Feenix posted:

Sent you a friend request. (great avatar on PSN, btw!) So how do I find the others in chat?

If you open up the Party Chat app it'll show you all the parties that people have open to friends of friends so you can just jump in from there.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Crowbear posted:

If you open up the Party Chat app it'll show you all the parties that people have open to friends of friends so you can just jump in from there.

Ah So I'll need Doji to accept me first.. I see. (as I see no party chats in my list, presently.)

Understood. :)

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
My client has been all kinds of wonky lately. Verified my cache -- YOU'RE MISSING 193 FILES. :psylon:

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

Pretty bummed that I lost the Cicero Injector mission at 98%. The difficulty ramped up insanely towards the end, right at the time that I started running low on Soma ammo, and they trashed the machine. I don't want to do it with a team because there's so much potential for poo poo to go south (connection issues, people forgetting their anti-toxins), but with my current equipment and mods I don't think I can solo it.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

TheBlandName posted:

The Afuris is similar. You get 3 reloads. Don't waste them.

Slotted extended clip, max ammo, and pistol ammo scavenger.

91 bullet clips, 400 bullets total.

Slotted max firing speed/reload as well.

I do jump-slides and fire those suckers pulling off some John Woo poo poo.

Afuris make you feel like an action hero.

Forma'd Excaliber and Nekros because their lack of aura polarity bothered me.

Vriess fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Dec 24, 2013

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
To add on about the Penta - one nice "feature" is that it's great when you're in a low level frame or against a huge pack by yourself, etc., because you can, to an extent, engage mobs outside of LOS. You can sit in relative safety and drop grenades behind their cover, down stairs, around corners... you can sort of do that with the Ogris but not as easily.

I actually haven't run into any issues with the five grenade limit even with multishot, because I rarely fire more than twice without detonating. I usually end up setting them off in midair, actually.

Don't know how anyone would consider the Ogris more stylish, it's a huge ugly box.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Broniki posted:

Pretty bummed that I lost the Cicero Injector mission at 98%. The difficulty ramped up insanely towards the end, right at the time that I started running low on Soma ammo, and they trashed the machine. I don't want to do it with a team because there's so much potential for poo poo to go south (connection issues, people forgetting their anti-toxins), but with my current equipment and mods I don't think I can solo it.

Plant farming for the Vermillion Antitoxin is so annoying and painful that I did the exact opposite, when I was finally able to craft it I made sure to go friends and extreme overkill (Nova M. Primes and Frost Globe, maxed out weapons). While the defense mission itself is a fun challenge, the risk of failing it and having to farm that poo poo all over again if you insist on soloing is just not worth it.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Broniki posted:

Why would people forgetting their own antitoxins matter if you're slamming a vermillion in there anyway?

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Kanos posted:

Why would people forgetting their own antitoxins matter if you're slamming a vermillion in there anyway?

It doesn't, and if what's on the wiki is anything to go by, it's actually detrimental to the group if all you want is 100 points, since additional anti-toxins increase the length of the mission. 4x Vermillion is supposedly 4x longer which, considering how quickly it scales, is probably insane.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
I had a successful Cicero in first try with 3 other people, who are not that great. But one of them had an Ogris so he could kill off all the Grineer squads far away before they got close. I spent most of the 30 minutes just hanging around the injector, occasionally put up a globe around it when some Grineer managed to slipped through. The other 2 members were a non-factor. Near the end all 3 of them managed to get killed because they were trying to grab mods. I had to go in and saved them. Being Frost with a Penta against Grineer sure is a thing. The mission is quite easy but you'll need someone with an Ogris, and a Frost. Penta sure helps too.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I mean, you don't need that, just decently geared people. I think the highest the defense mission goes up to with 100 pts was level 30 or so which wasn't a problem for me and the goons I went with (compare it to high tier voids or alerts where enemy levels get insane at 50+). At best make sure you have one person who can handle something like that and maybe a frost and you should be fine.

Seconding why would you go alone with a vermillion if you could have just brought 3 buddies along for the ride and slotted it in.

e: In fact I found the mission pretty boring since I sat around with our frost while the other two goons ran to the cave bottleneck and took care of stuff there. The enemies don't spawn from enough different positions to make it too interesting.

evilentity
Jun 25, 2010
Penta is loving great, mine does about 7k per trigger. There is very little reason to shot more then once before detonating. Going to forma it at least 4 times :getin:

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Airbursting the grenades also counts as headshots on anything unfortunate enough to be in the killzone.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Dez Orwell posted:

Airbursting the grenades also counts as headshots on anything unfortunate enough to be in the killzone.

Getting headshots with the Magistar owns.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

wid posted:

Near the end all 3 of them managed to get killed because they were trying to grab mods.
The best part about this is that you extract from mission normally, not defense-style, and mods stick around.

Clocks posted:

e: In fact I found the mission pretty boring since I sat around with our frost while the other two goons ran to the cave bottleneck and took care of stuff there. The enemies don't spawn from enough different positions to make it too interesting.
It always takes DE a while to hammer out the enemy pathfinding decently, which makes for unintended consequences when pushing these new tiles for events.
The first event defense I did was on the huge open tile with the injector in a large building in one corner, that had a cylindrical tunnel as a back entrance. The Hellions broke. They just... broke. They would jumpjet once, land, warp to a different spot, and start standing around like lemons for the rest of the game, jamming up the rest of the dudes trying to come in. The Grineer couldn't even figure out how to get out of the back entrance tunnel. If you looked out into the open area there would be Hellions standing around all over the place and other Grineer trying to path around them. We actually started going out of our way to try clearing up the jams by killing Hellions because it was getting kind of boring.

And then there's the matter of uneven spawn distribution.
The second event defense I did had the injector exposed in the center of a big platform, dudes coming from all sides. I roamed in circles around the injector platform until noticing one incoming path wasn't occupied by someone and still had lots of dudes coming in, so I camped out there, starting with the Aklex I was releveling, and moving up close for Ignis and Rhino Stomps when the Aklex was running low on damage. Turns out that the mapgen weighted my chosen path so heavily for enemy spawns that I had twice the kills of anyone else at the end, despite the Nyx and other Rhino coming by my spot occasionally to kill a bunch of dudes.

Both times, the biggest hazard to the injector was projectiles shooting past us and hitting it. Mostly miter blades. That's about the only reason for you to mind your positioning a bit, if you're not Frosting.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

evilentity posted:

Penta is loving great, mine does about 7k per trigger. There is very little reason to shot more then once before detonating. Going to forma it at least 4 times :getin:

Yeah, I'm loving the Penta...until I blow myself up with a grenade that bounces off an enemy's head. :v:

Speaking of Forma, is there a recommended layout for polarity slots on rifles and such? Wondering how to build the best weapons.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Holy poo poo the PS4 map is starting to piss me off. How DE could have totally overlooked the fact that when you click a planet to go to its map, for SOME dumb loving reason your cursor is actually ALWAYS in Mercury on either the Terminus or M-Prime mission and if you move the analog to pick a mission it will ALWAYS jump back to Mercury and you have to scroll through EVERY mission every goddamn time and navigate the little system maps to get to the mission you actually want is loving beyond me. I'm up to Saturn now and it's already getting tedious as all gently caress, I can't imagine how annoying it must be on the outer planets, jesus.

It's a fun game, but loving A, DE's QA and testing is almost as bad as Obsidian. Seriously. :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Redchaostry posted:

Is the Boar sub-par? I have this (nearly OCD) thing of leveling everything to max, and I am just not inspired by the Boar. Perhaps I lack the mods for it or something.

Research, do you have to be a member of a clan or what not to do it?

First, you have to keep in mind that it does primarily Impact damage, which wrecks Corpus shields but does average damage to other factions.

Second, it has both a large spread and damage falloff, which means you need to be fighting at close-mid range. The spread is actually the more important factor, and you can mitigate it with a Tainted Shell mod; I have one at I think rank 5 (8 point cost) and it hits in a nice fist-sized pattern at mid range. You can eliminate the fire rate malus with another mod if you want, but with the Boar's high base fire rate it's still usable as-is.

Otherwise the usual modding rules apply, stick on Point Blank, Hell's Chamber, and Blaze if you have it, along with whatever elements are good against what you're fighting. Boar Prime is actually a better weapon now (it wasn't before Damage 2.0), but regular Boar is actually still pretty high in the DPS rankings (if you care).

Fuzz posted:

Holy poo poo the PS4 map is starting to piss me off. How DE could have totally overlooked the fact that when you click a planet to go to its map, for SOME dumb loving reason your cursor is actually ALWAYS in Mercury on either the Terminus or M-Prime mission and if you move the analog to pick a mission it will ALWAYS jump back to Mercury and you have to scroll through EVERY mission every goddamn time and navigate the little system maps to get to the mission you actually want is loving beyond me. I'm up to Saturn now and it's already getting tedious as all gently caress, I can't imagine how annoying it must be on the outer planets, jesus.

It's a fun game, but loving A, DE's QA and testing is almost as bad as Obsidian. Seriously. :wtc:

My question is: how did that get through Sony's nearly 3 week verification process?

sleeptalker fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Dec 24, 2013