Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Lizard Wizard posted:

My vote should be obvious.

GET THIS MAN A LIZARD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Props for Fizzicist for stopping FF from dying in the name of LPing... Or just posting a weird fever dream of an update.

Actually I almost want to see that.

Happy Holidays, in any case. And get well soon, FF!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Wizard Roar

Anoki needs a wizbro to go along with finally having a nice day. :3:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Anoia posted:

Props for Fizzicist for stopping FF from dying in the name of LPing... Or just posting a weird fever dream of an update.

That almost actually happened because I'm definitely funnier when fever-addled, as evidenced by the fact that yesterday I spent at least an hour and a half discussing various types of wizard. Like nail wizards, cat wizards, door wizards and maths wizards. I also spent a large chunk of last night rambling to Fizz about flans and getting the treatments for fever and hypothermia mixed up.

Literally the only reason I haven't decided to give you a fever fuelled update is because I'm not 100% sure I would remember how to edit screenshots...or even to do it in the first place. Also I have a terrible sense of humour and I generally think my updates are pretty unfunny as it is, they would probably be a misspelled mess of terrible Dad jokes and bad puns at the moment.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Faerie Fortune posted:

maths wizards.

The proper term is mathemagicians. :colbert: The wizard conversation sounds like a fun one, though.

Anyway, yeah, get well soon!

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

MarquiseMindfang posted:

The proper term is mathemagicians. :colbert: The wizard conversation sounds like a fun one, though.

Anyway, yeah, get well soon!

A buddy of mine came up with Grammathurgics, the Magic of Grammar... I found it hilarious at the time.

Fizzicist
Nov 14, 2009

Anoia posted:

I was half tempted to convince her to do an update. It would have been interesting to see how many different ways she could think of saying "They're doing something why am i awake get away from the loving windows".

I think I might have robbed you all, looking back...

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Fizzicist posted:

I think I might have robbed you all, looking back...

Do a drunk update, it'll be much the same thing but you'll feel less crap doing it!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Drunk update would be interesting but a) I don't drink and b) have you ever gotten drunk while on 1500mg of pennicillin a day?

I haven't but I've had to look after someone who made some bad decisions and did just that. It was actually what put me off alcohol in the first place. I love you all but I'm not risking my health for a weird update :p

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I thought I had all the expansions I needed, but this thread has convinced me otherwise. Luckily Sims3 stuff is on steam sale.

I'm also enjoying this thread, so thanks for the entertainment.

Thunderclan
Dec 24, 2013
I am greatly looking forward to seeing what new trouble these sims get into. Between this lp and the one eating only apples did I have nearly died laughing. :D

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I had promised you a Christmas present but my health had other ideas.

Basically in my fevered state I was watching Pork Lift and wateyad's FFXIII LP because it has a youtube playlist and I like LPs where I can zone out and listen to the commentary without really paying much attention to anything. So anyway, flans appeared. I loving love flans when I'm not in some kind of waking fever dream so in my infinite wisdom I decided my gift to the thread would be a tiny little sparkly pink crochet mini flan. I haven't finished yet due to me still being ill though but I will post it up when it is! Maybe I'll give it away to a random goon, who knows?

For now though, I do actually have a bonus update in the works, brought to you by my lovely girlfriend buying me the two most recent expansions in the steam sale :3:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
That would be awesome. :) Still wishing you the best on your recovery. You're doing great.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Faerie Fortune posted:

Basically in my fevered state I was watching Pork Lift and wateyad's FFXIII LP because it has a youtube playlist and I like LPs where I can zone out and listen to the commentary without really paying much attention to anything. So anyway, flans appeared. I loving love flans when I'm not in some kind of waking fever dream so in my infinite wisdom I decided my gift to the thread would be a tiny little sparkly pink crochet mini flan. I haven't finished yet due to me still being ill though but I will post it up when it is! Maybe I'll give it away to a random goon, who knows?

Yesss flans are the best, this sounds amazing :3: Get well soon!

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

If only it were Flandragora, because it was the spiciest and puniest of all flans.

A fabulous sparkly flan is still awesome though.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Bonus "Update" - Fever Fuelled Flan

...I wasn't joking about the flan. Merry Christmas!

actual bonus update sometime today or later tomorrow

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Faerie Fortune posted:

Bonus "Update" - Fever Fuelled Flan

...I wasn't joking about the flan. Merry Christmas!

actual bonus update sometime today or later tomorrow

Oh my god :swoon:

That's the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
D'awww, adorable!

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Oh! That kind of Flan! Adorable.
I thought you were cooking.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

That's just Flantastic!

I must say I'm quite a flan of this thread.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
apples came to my Animal Crossing town yesterday which reminded me that I still want a wand.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Hope you feel better soon. Really enjoying the science machine, and now it can be balanced out within the house to boot!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I promise you all that I didn't die of fever...although it did feel like I was at times. There will be an update within the week, so Roar will be getting his wand very soon!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Faerie Fortune posted:

I promise you all that I didn't die of fever...although it did feel like I was at times. There will be an update within the week, so Roar will be getting his wand very soon!

Disappointed that there was no play on words, with "wand" being one of the all-time classics.

Still, it's great that you feel better.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Update is in the works as we speak! I'm playing the game right now and forims user eating only apples is unfortunate enough to be on the recieving end of my "humour" as I do!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Faerie Fortune posted:

Update is in the works as we speak! I'm playing the game right now and forims user eating only apples is unfortunate enough to be on the recieving end of my "humour" as I do!

Ha ha ha :suicide:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Update 8 - Yer a wizard, Roar!

Its been a while, guys! Luckily, the house is just how we left it!

But first, look at this shiny new loading screen! The lovely Fizzicist bought me the two expansions I was missing, Island Paradise and Into the Future! We won't be seeing content from either of these yet but there are plans!

Anyway! We last left off at around 4:30pm. Class activities are over for the day and its time to chill out!

First things first, though..

Congratulations, Roar! You're a wizard!

We also get this news! Whenever certain things happen, it will affect your descendants. In Roar's case, his becoming a wizard has changed the future a little.

The thought that the future is now changed as a direct result of Roar's actions unnerves him somewhat :ohdear:

Snuggles cares a little less, and is quite comfortable in his favourite place in the house - cross legged on the kitchen floor, brooding.

Roar gets right into it and starts playing with his new wand! :3:

...are you okay, Roar?

There's a few places on campus we haven't been yet so I send our goons here! The coffee shop! Its a nice place to read and relax, and also get a coffee and a cake! Rebels like to hang out here a lot too. In fact, each of the three social groups has a lot associated with them. Rebels have the coffee shop, Jocks like the bowling alley and Nerds like to congregate around the Comic Shop!

Goon updates!

There's a podium here! Rebel sims can use it to organise and announce protests, but Eevee is using it to practice his speech for world peace. Its bringing up his Charisma skill, and his grade!

apples there is something seriously wrong with you.

Dachshunds eats the tastiest pie I've ever seen (seriously I've never had a key lime pie but they look lovely) and Roar browses the book collection while Jimmy stares at him creepily.

and look who I found outside, broadcasting with his mini radio!

Unfortunately, everyone is boring and after less than half an hour of being at the coffee shop, they come back home. Boo!

Snuggles chats to Muscle Wizard and we find out another trait of his! Snuggles here is applauding him for his vegetarianism which is an interaction only available to use on sims who have the Vegetarian trait! We're learning more about him every day.

Its just past 6pm and Jimmy heads to bed. Nerd.

Roar picks up some of the Mac and Cheese that Eevee made earlier, but he looks a bit upset, I wonder why...?

Oh right, because there's nowhere to eat. Clean this poo poo up you pigs! After not finding anywhere to eat in the dining room, he settles for eating on the couch in front of the TV.

Snuggles and apples have a nice group conversation with Muscle Wizard! This is the last time this update someone is nice to him, by the way, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Snuggles gets this want and then makes this face. I'm scared.

apples checks the oven for the fifth time today. You nerds a boring! Let's do something fun!

That'll do! The list of people we're allowed to invite is based on the relationships of all household members, not just playable ones. Meaning that even though we haven't met them, we can invite these couple of goons that Asala knows. Nifty!

Roar continues to be adorable with his magic stick, apples gets the bonfire ready for the party. But where's Dachshunds?

Goddammit. Stop being mean to Muscle Wizard! Roar looks utterly traumatised! Look what you're doing to that poor boy.

Roar has gained his first level in Magic! :toot: He can now cast a good luck charm, and make things into other things!

I was just too late to catch this but what you're seeing here is the aftermath of Muscle Wizard slapping the poo poo out of Dachshunds. She kinda deserved it, the big meanie.

But there's no time for that, the party is starting! MarquiseMindfang is here..

...and Roar gets this! Turns out that Mindfang is a vampire, which I don't think I set at creation so someone is turning the students! :ghost:

This moodlet is actually kinda misleading as it implies that Roar is gonna get bitten soon, but he almost definitely won't be, as vampires require a certain amount of relationship with someone before they'll be able to bite them and Mindfang and Roar haven't even met yet.

Jimmy wakes up for no reason and heads to the dorm's gym to stand there and listen to music for a bit.

Thesaya is here too, looking rather disgusted at nothing in particular.

Almost everyone is around the fire and getting this moodlet from it but something is missing. We need something else for it to be a good college party.

Aha! A bong bubble blower! This'll do nicely!

:science:

Goonlove!

This is one of those rare times when everyone in the house is actually together, in the same place, doing the same thing. Its a bonding moment for everyone! Someone even threw a test tube in the fire to make it all sparkly~

Well, until Dachshunds discovers the bong bubbles and sits down away from everyone else to blow the gently caress outta some bubbles!

More goonlove updates!

Eevee gets this message. He was invited to a party that was set to begin half an hour before ours. When you miss a party, the person throwing it calls you to say they missed you. But..

...he's right here! What the hell, game?

Its midnight and here's where everyone is at the end of Thursday! The housemates and party guests are chilling out by the fire, Dachshunds is mad because nobody wanted to blow bubbles with her. Tomorrow is the goons' first set of exams, that will help determine their grade for the term! That's right, time to see if these bozos have survived their first term of university! How do you think everyone will do, guys? There might even be prizes for those who predict correctly!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Hooray, it's back!

I think everyone will easily pass, As and Bs all round.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
I'm thinking they'll all do terribly.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

True key lime pie is not green. :colbert: It's actually a weird greenish yellow color and kinda tart by default, so most places add food coloring and sugar to make it more palatable. Everyone should try both styles at least once to compare, though.

But enough about pie! Welcome back, FF! I'm glad you're better, and I can't wait to see what these new expansions add.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Hey, you're back! And I'm a vampire! So cool. :allears:

I'm glad this is back on track, I was so looking forward to the wizardy shenanigans. I wonder what kinds of higher tier magic there are? I know almost nothing about this game.

Good to see you well, anyway~

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Every part of every human being-even their ugly sides-is beautiful. There is no limit to beauty.
Yay! Another update!
I'm glad you're feeling better, Fae, and I can't wait to see how this continues.
Also, seeing how they have been doing quite some stuff to boost their grade as far as I've seen, they'll pass.
And oh, bonfire parties. :allears: I love how they just drop hygiene to 0 so every sim in your household goes to take a shower every time they stand around the fire for 10 seconds or so.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I think my sim is as much of a recluse as I am... which means we will never see her.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Key lime pie is the goddamn best. I think you should treat yourself to some, Faerie.

Faerie Fortune posted:

There's a podium here! Rebel sims can use it to organise and announce protests, but Eevee is using it to practice his speech for world peace. It's bringing up his Charisma skill, and his grade!

"And now that we have finally ridden ourselves of Azure Horizon, true peace may begin."

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Are these twilight vampires that can come out in the day? Because I'm totally down for being a vampire wizard.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Watch out for likable vampires. If people become friends/best friends/lovers with them, they will pretty often decide to turn into vampires themselves. A single good/good sense of humor/flirty vampire can cause a horde of them.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Sweet, you got into the future, you know that it's time for you to make the robot fraternity from Futurama, right?
Into the Future is my favorite expansion so far, it has Star Trek doors. That's not the only thing I love about it but Star Trek doors!

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Hey it's me!
I am truly in awe that you managed to find a hairstyle so very close to mine. And my disgusted face is eerily close to the one I usually pull when someone points a camera at me. As in, I make faces, not that I dislike having my picture taken.

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Every part of every human being-even their ugly sides-is beautiful. There is no limit to beauty.

Roar posted:

Are these twilight vampires that can come out in the day? Because I'm totally down for being a vampire wizard.

No, when vampires get out in the sunlight they get a negative moodlet which tells them to go inside. If they stay outside for too long, the moodlet will change to "too much sun" (which lasts for two days) and they lose a lot of their powers and their "thirst" need (which replaces the hunger need) will drop very fast. This is especially jarring for student vampires because they might have class activities outside, which take long enough for them to get the "too much sun" moodlet. (I don't know if you can actually make a vampire move and have the class activities inside) It's a very easy way to kill a vampire. I'm speaking from experience.

Short version: No, sunlight is very painful for vampires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Aww, just painful? No more dumbass vampires sitting in an outdoor hot tub until they die?

• Locked thread