Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
The only way to judge the replacement would be to hear his OH MY GOD or HOLY SHIITU :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Oh hey they're also making a live-action Battle Tendency https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl1G-xSe-90

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Uznare posted:

Here's a PV for the upcoming season https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQqkpbt2Ero

And it looks like we're getting a new cast for part 3 for the most part, with only OnoD returning.

Jotaro - Daisuke Ono
Joseph - Unshou Ishizuka
Abdul - Kenta Miyake (???)
Kakyoin - Daisuke Hirakawa
Polnareff - Fuminori Komatsu

Some people seem to be upset about Sugita not being Joseph anymore, but honestly Ishizuka is the most perfect choice for that role.

Just hearing the music in that PV gets me hyped as hell, I dunno if I can make it 4 more months.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Who's doing the OST this time around anyway?

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

Hace posted:

Who's doing the OST this time around anyway?

Official site hasn't said anything yet. There's not even a music section yet.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Oh hey they're also making a live-action Battle Tendency https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl1G-xSe-90

I want a professional wrestling show based on JoJo, in the style of WWE.

Don't change a thing, just make it live theater in a ring.

Edit: get the announcer from the anime to commentate.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Uznare posted:

Jotaro - Daisuke Ono
Joseph - Unshou Ishizuka
Abdul - Kenta Miyake (???)
Kakyoin - Daisuke Hirakawa
Polnareff - Fuminori Komatsu

So basically:

Jotaro - (Jotaro in All Star Battle, Erwin in Attack on Titan)
Joseph - (Jet Black in Cowboy Bebop, Kizaru in One Piece, Mr. Satan in Dragon Ball Kai)
Abdul - (Bobby in Macross Frontier, Scar in FMA:Brotherhood)
Kakyoin - I have no idea what recognizable roles he's done that I care about
Polnarref - Jack poo poo in terms of big roles.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

onepixeljumpman posted:

Official site hasn't said anything yet. There's not even a music section yet.

They would have to be insane to change to a different team, the music was one of the highlights of last season.

onepixeljumpman
Jun 23, 2010

In a world where one bear has a shotgun: Fuck.

mr. stefan posted:

They would have to be insane to change to a different team, the music was one of the highlights of last season.

Oh, I'm sure the team will stay the same. It's more about the lead composer. Each Part has a different feel, so changing the lead composer to meet each Part makes sense. They did it with the first two, after all. The only one I can name drop other than Iwasaki is Kou Ohtani, but I don't know if he's a good pick for this Part.

There's also the matter of the ED. Licensing fees aside, "Holy Diver" or some other DIO song would be an easy pick, and it's not like there's any subtlety about who the villain is.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I'd be fine with more Iwasaki but if he's gone I think Sawano would be the best fit. He's currently doing Kill La Kill.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
It's very unlikely the composer for part 3 will be Iwasaki. He made a couple of very disapproving statements while Battle Tendency was running about the sound direction (he wasn't happy about how some tracks were used) and the production staff will probably want to swap out composers again anyway.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
I know it'll never happen but I wish Yoko Kanno would compose a Jojo score.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Perigryn posted:

I know it'll never happen but I wish Yoko Kanno would compose a Jojo score.

gently caress, Kanno would be perfect for Part 4.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The music in that PV was pretty darn rad, I must say. Whoever the composer may be, I'm tentatively excited for the music already.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I'd be fine with more Iwasaki but if he's gone I think Sawano would be the best fit. He's currently doing Kill La Kill.

Yeah I could totally see this being a track in Jojo, like when they get to Egypt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpjuqDc8fYg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpDg8Oz6cos

Kaiser Mazoku fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Dec 23, 2013

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Crap, the games' Kakyoin was the best... Oh well. Hope he will not screw up his character establishing moment.
You know what I'm talking about.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Kakyoin's new voice actor is Orlando Bloom's dub voice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvFCgvnxjwo

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
I'm seriously ashamed of myself (SBR spoilers)

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

...What am I missing here?

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

...What am I missing here?

I explained the joke right under the pictures. It's a weird thing I made based on Sarkozy's old catchphrase.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Just popping in here to say that I have no idea if there's a part she would fit, but I totally want Yuki Kajiura at some point.

ADullMin
May 3, 2013

by Ralp
She can do part 5 because of teamwork.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm incapable of coming across JoJo slash on the internet, without having a burning in my gut telling me that it's canon.

source - http://raeoffrecord.tumblr.com/

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
The Jojo series has gone a lot of places, but all of them more or less have been some variation on Shonen battle comics - even with the mystery stuff in diamond is unbreakable.

Right now with Jojolion though, it's in a rather new and unique place that I'm really enjoying - surrealist psychological horror. :stare:

Was always interested in seeing what would happen if basically just relatively regular people with no pretense of battling it out Shonen style with stands happened to get stand powers, and how that would affect them. It seems to have brought us to a very strange and interesting place.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 30, 2013

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

Spacedad posted:

Was always interested in seeing what would happen if basically just relatively regular people with no pretense of battling it out Shonen style with stands happened to get stand powers, and how that would affect them. It seems to have brought us to a very strange and interesting place.

Isn't that the whole point of Stardust Crusaders?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Vagithug posted:

no that's Diamond is not Crash

in stardust crusaders it was a bunch of manly men and psychopaths

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Vagithug posted:

Nah, everyone who got a stand seemed to be weirdly into the whole stand-fighting thing. Jotaro was initially hesitant, but that barely lasted for one chapter.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Spacedad posted:

even with the mystery stuff in diamond is unbreakable.

You know, I never really got much of a mystery vibe from part 4 at all. I mean I know it's a story about the main characters trying to figure stuff out, but very rarely is the reader in a situation where THEY can try to figure things out. For the first half of dealing with Red Hot Chili Peppers, it's them trying to figure out the stand's user, but there aren't hardly any clues, and nobody knows who Akira is beforehand, so there isn't much of any way to figure things out on your own. Then once the second half gets going, immediately after they establish that there's a killer in town they show off Kira, completely removing any and all mystery from the story for the reader. Jojolion feels waaaaay more like a mystery, because the reader is just as in the dark as Jousuke, and there are enough hints to keep everyone guessing and maybe we can figure it out if we think about it hard and smart enough.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Jotaro was just freaked because he thought it was an evil ghost or whatever. Once he found out it was just his soul in fabulous weird buff Incan stone form he was all good to go punch some fools.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

CodfishCartographer posted:

You know, I never really got much of a mystery vibe from part 4 at all. I mean I know it's a story about the main characters trying to figure stuff out, but very rarely is the reader in a situation where THEY can try to figure things out. For the first half of dealing with Red Hot Chili Peppers, it's them trying to figure out the stand's user, but there aren't hardly any clues, and nobody knows who Akira is beforehand, so there isn't much of any way to figure things out on your own. Then once the second half gets going, immediately after they establish that there's a killer in town they show off Kira, completely removing any and all mystery from the story for the reader. Jojolion feels waaaaay more like a mystery, because the reader is just as in the dark as Jousuke, and there are enough hints to keep everyone guessing and maybe we can figure it out if we think about it hard and smart enough.

Yeah, I wouldn't call it a mystery either. Part 4 was mostly about a group of guys that knew a killer was loose, but had no real way of finding him so they just decided to cheat at dice and find stamps.

Also Akira's plan was to kill Joseph because he was the only person who could find him. He did this by... showing himself to the group and tell them his plan. I don't think mystery was high on the list of priorities when it came to writing this part.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
While re-reading Dr Slump recently, I came across this:

Seems familiar?

So Polnareff and Kakyoin are Toriyama fans, it seems.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Dec 30, 2013

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Aw, I wish they'd used Polnareff's ASB voice for the anime as well. I was already reading his lines in Sanji's voice. :(

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Well, that joke makes a little more sense now. I assumed it was some Japanese pun / wordplay, and while this doesn't really clear that up, it sorta explains it a teensy bit more.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Well, that joke makes a little more sense now. I assumed it was some Japanese pun / wordplay, and while this doesn't really clear that up, it sorta explains it a teensy bit more.

It IS Japanese wordplay:

1: clap your hands. The onomatopoeia for the clapping sound is "pan".
2: raise two fingers. The English word "two" is pronounced "tsuu" in Japanese.
3: make a circle with your fingers. The Japanese word for "circle" is "maru".
4: shade your eyes with your hand like you're looking far away. The Japanese verb for being visible is "mieru".

Put all that together and you get "pantsu maru mie", which translates to something like "panties in plain sight".

How the Frenchman Jean-Pierre Polnareff knows this, we may never find out.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Doc V posted:

How the Frenchman Jean-Pierre Polnareff knows this, we may never find out.

Polnareff also becomes a member of the Italian mafia. He's obviously a connoisseur of foreign cultures.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well, the French really like anime and manga, so maybe he actually reads Slump.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I like the idea that Polnareff is just a nerd who likes manga - it seems fitting for Polnareff, and Kakyoin might recognize it solely based off the fact he's Japanese.

Now let's figure out why Mista carries a Japanese superstition. Why Araki didn't just make 6 the unlucky number he's scared of is beyond me, since that's way more universal.

ADullMin
May 3, 2013

by Ralp
I'm pretty sure Kakyoin was a big nerd too.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

I like the idea that Polnareff is just a nerd who likes manga - it seems fitting for Polnareff, and Kakyoin might recognize it solely based off the fact he's Japanese.

Now let's figure out why Mista carries a Japanese superstition. Why Araki didn't just make 6 the unlucky number he's scared of is beyond me, since that's way more universal.

Didn't he have a bad experience that caused him to fear the number 4? It's been a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Something happened during his childhood, yea. They didn't go into detail about it, though.

• Locked thread