Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

MustelaFuro posted:

This was a really fun battle that I was sure I was going to lose at one point. My opponent even thanked me for not quitting and I replied that I don't do that and that sometimes unexpected wins occur. And one did happen. Also, what was up with swagger missing twice in a row?
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoublesbeta-72061019

Swagger has an accuracy of 90, so it will only miss when you really need it to hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I got a perfect dratini from the first egg. A true christmas miracle.

Also, looks like we have for about 6 to 8 hours before the pokebank opens for Japan. I hope they are generous with wonder trade.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Swagger has an accuracy of 90, so it will only miss when you really need it to hit.

The same rule applies to High Jump Kick, Toxic, Play Rough, Crabhammer, Aqua Tail, etc

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Ruggington posted:

The same rule applies to High Jump Kick, Toxic, Play Rough, Crabhammer, Aqua Tail, etc

Don't forget Icicle Crash.

I've lost 2-3 matches solely to missing Icicle Crash on a critical turn.

The worst one was missing one on an M-Ampharos instead of EQ to catch Staraptor (his only safe Switch-in to EQ) on the switch-in as well and then losing Mamoswine to Focus Blast.

This would go on to literally lose me the match with 10% hp left on his M-Ampharos, go figure.

vvv Focus blast might as well be Aura Sphere against me :negative:.

Also Compound Eyes thunder supposedly has a miss chance (about 9% or so, effectively) but I don't believe it, except when I use Galvantula, of course.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 24, 2013

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I despise Focus Blast. Its such a strong move, but 70 accuracy is to low. I refuse to use it. Because when I do use it, it misses every loving time.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Militree posted:

So speaking of Espeon. I started Eevee breeding and got myself one. I would love to utilize magic bounce but I'm not sure what to do with it. I was thinking dual screens, but it seems Kelfki does that better. Maybe Baton Pass support?

What do you guys use with him?

I'm going to try to partner one with my Avalugg, which is efficient enough for Battle Spot formats and can handle anything except the things that Magic Bounce neutralizes. Avalugg with an Impish nature (or whichever is the one that increases defense and lowers special defense), full EV investment in Defense and HP, and Sturdy, holding a Rocky Helmet, knowing Recover, Mirror Coat, Avalanche, and one other attacking move (Earthquake).

If you expect the opponent to switch in a special attacker, use Recover so you're at full health, then use Mirror Coat to blow it out of the sky. If you expect a status move, switch in Espeon or Xatu. If the opponent persists in using a physical attacker, watch and laugh as they suicide on your Rocky Helmet. Have a priority user or a fast mega evolution or something in your third slot to mop up. It's like a more fun Wobbuffet and works very well in the Battle Maison.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Digging the new nicknames. Not sure why you went for the second bulk up when sacred sword ignores stat boosts. But yeah, goofus and gallant are pretty fitting. I once named a shiny gallade named goofus. Here you can see him in action. (gen5)

https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&vid=&bid=489454539398

The highlight for me was taunting sableye after it mummified itself.

Hey, thanks! I didn't know that about sacred sword. I guess that truly makes it bulking season scrafty's biggest weakness.

If anyone has any advice about my sylveon, I would be happy to hear it. I love having wish and heal bell on a team, but when I'm not in a position to take advantage of them he seems pretty useless. right now he has draining kiss and psyshock. Should I maybe drop one of those moves for something debilitating, in hopes of setting up my wishes better?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Bongo Bill posted:

If you expect the opponent to switch in a special attacker, use Recover so you're at full health, then use Mirror Coat to blow it out of the sky. If you expect a status move, switch in Espeon or Xatu. If the opponent persists in using a physical attacker, watch and laugh as they suicide on your Rocky Helmet. Have a priority user or a fast mega evolution or something in your third slot to mop up. It's like a more fun Wobbuffet and works very well in the Battle Maison.

This part doesn't work terribly well against hyperoffensive special guys (to be fair most of them won't take EQ or Avalanche very well on the switch). The really awkward position is to be in against Sableye who can recover to reduce and lower Avalanche damage and then mess up the switch-in with a knock off.

Ignite Memories posted:

Hey, thanks! I didn't know that about sacred sword. I guess that truly makes it bulking season scrafty's biggest weakness.

If anyone has any advice about my sylveon, I would be happy to hear it. I love having wish and heal bell on a team, but when I'm not in a position to take advantage of them he seems pretty useless. right now he has draining kiss and psyshock. Should I maybe drop one of those moves for something debilitating, in hopes of setting up my wishes better?

HP Fire is almost a must-have on sylveon in singles sets because otherwise it's completely walled by ferrothorn or forretress. Also it lets her punish Scizor on the switch-in.

Also iirc Heal Bell is pokebank only (which is only really a pain for getting it on an in-game sylveon)

Zoness fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Dec 24, 2013

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
This was an interesting match. Many of you know my team is based around a contrary Malimar, and this is what happens when the opponent has a choice scarf ditto. I think I handled it well by buffing it further before the topsy-turvy swapping. I barely eked out a win, somehow.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoublesbeta-72083896

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
PSA: Don't overdo the stat boosts.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014beta-72097761

Would of lost this game horribly if the other guy hadn't kept stacking curse on his Avalugg. He could of just used icicle crash on my switch and it would of been gg. Instead all his stat boosts go to waste because they can't stop a single flamethrower.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Internet Kraken posted:

PSA: Don't overdo the stat boosts.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014beta-72097761

Would of lost this game horribly if the other guy hadn't kept stacking curse on his Avalugg. He could of just used icicle crash on my switch and it would of been gg. Instead all his stat boosts go to waste because they can't stop a single flamethrower.

I don't get why he charmed your murkrow. Also that is a man that loves his boosting moves and getting wrecked by Charizard with his multiple bugs. (I guess it's a good thing for him you don't run a charizard)

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Zoness posted:

I don't get why he charmed your murkrow. Also that is a man that loves his boosting moves and getting wrecked by Charizard with his multiple bugs. (I guess it's a good thing for him you don't run a charizard)

I have no idea, probably because he didn't know how foul play worked and assumed charm would decrease the damage. He really had no reason to keep Meowstic in given charm is pointless when your partner is an Avalugg.

I should of lost that and got lucky because I outpredicted my opponent. Here's a game I won because sometimes I'm a lucky motherfucker;

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014beta-72108344

Consider this a PSA against 70 accuracy moves. FOUR Blizzard misses :shepface:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Internet Kraken posted:

I have no idea, probably because he didn't know how foul play worked and assumed charm would decrease the damage. He really had no reason to keep Meowstic in given charm is pointless when your partner is an Avalugg.

I should of lost that and got lucky because I outpredicted my opponent. Here's a game I won because sometimes I'm a lucky motherfucker;

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014beta-72108344

Consider this a PSA against 70 accuracy moves. FOUR Blizzard misses :shepface:

That's not the Blizzards fault. That's what he gets for using Abomasnow.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Only a few more days till I can get Eeelektross and Frillish and poo poo. I can't want to see how they look in the new engine. And in Pokemon-Amie!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Blizzard had its time in the sun.

(That time was G1. 90% accuracy. Were they INSANE?)

Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Only a few more days till I can get Eeelektross and Frillish and poo poo. I can't want to see how they look in the new engine. And in Pokemon-Amie!
Yeah, a big reason I can't wait to get my guys transferred is to see what they look like in X/Y. The new models are so good. And yeah, I want to pet them too. :shobon:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

The Leper Colon V posted:

Blizzard had its time in the sun.

(That time was G1. 90% accuracy. Were they INSANE?)

Plus Tauros could learn it for some reason (and used it to deal with Golem).

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Zoness posted:

Plus Tauros could learn it for some reason (and used it to deal with Golem).
I still feel like Tauros was less absurd than Amnesia Snorlax/Slowbro.

Why, yes, I would like to double my special in one turn, thank you.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Tauros being good doesn't have much on 100% natural crit rate with Slash from Persian.

Crit was Base Speed / 512, and Slash multiplied crit rate by 8 :wtc:

vvv Don't forget about 20% crit rate!

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Tauros was arguably the best Non-Mewtwo pokemon in Gen 1. Only Chansey really comes close. 110 Speed, STAB Hyper Beam and Body Slam off of 100 Attack, Blizzard for the Rock/Grounds and Earthquake for Gengar is just ridiculous.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I can't wait to have Porygons in my life again.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Q9WG-WWWW-WWW3-UYMS
RGHG-WWWW-WWW3-UYN9

I think I did pretty well considering I forgot I still had Tropius in the party in the first match. :doh: Breloom however is totally better than Chesnaught though, so thanks for the suggestion guys. Metagross will be leaving shortly as well, as someone dumped a 4IV Adamant Larvitar onto Wonder Trade for me. :)

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
According to Serebii, in order to be able to use Pokémon Bank you need to set up a Nintendo Network ID. So, make sure you do that, I guess.

BLUNDERCATS! noooo
Oct 30, 2008

Anung Un Rama, Urush Un Rama
Baton Passing Shell Smash to a Malamar with Destiny Bond is nuts.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-72167840

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Kraken you asked me to nickname my pokemon and this is what happened:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-72172347

I don't like this new team as much.

Okay actually it's pretty funny:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-72175410

All right this team might be somewhat legit:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-72178284

Zoness fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Dec 25, 2013

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Hammerite posted:

According to Serebii, in order to be able to use Pokémon Bank you need to set up a Nintendo Network ID. So, make sure you do that, I guess.

Not seeing where it says that, hope it's not true because last time I ran into this infuriating glitch that didn't let me work eShop correctly.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-72191213

In which Momma Steel both Carries a team and puts someone in an idiot loop.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
According to Serebii, shiny charm is back

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

According to Serebii, shiny charm is back

Hopefully it'll remain that way for, like, forever. Rewards in cold hard items is always much better than just a piece of paper. Though I do like how the diplomas are now displayed in your room. Is that the same in XY? I haven't really gone out of my way to obtain them, you seem to have a fairly large shelf space.

And for being mad enough to actually complete the Pokedex, shiny Pokemon is definitely a great reward.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Have Cottonees now if you goons are too anxious to wait til Friday!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

korusan posted:

Any Females with Prankster? I need one please.

FC is 0989-2944-5596. IGN is Clue

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Dec 25, 2013

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

korusan posted:

I'll extend this by mentioning I have the ability to make Feebas, Cyndaquil and Mudkip eggs currently.

Working on getting more and more stuff as I can.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Zoness posted:

Videos and Stuff.

I've watched your videos and seriously how many people do you run into that try to boost their stats after their taunt has ended, while the Sableye is still out.

:downs:: "Oh boy my taunt is gone now, maybe I can boost my stats now and take out that mean old Sableye!"

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Any Females with Prankster? I need one please.

FC is 0989-2944-5596. IGN is Clue

None at the moment. Sorry, I traded a bunch on GTS for legendaries I don't have. Will get back ASAP. Looking for rare evo stones if anyone has them btw

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Persian has been working out.
New

Old

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
Somehow I've been doing a lot of barely winning battles I think I'm going to lose. Peter Pinklage the Sylveon pulled through in this like some sort of anime gambatte spirit cliche. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoublesbeta-72201463

BLUNDERCATS! noooo posted:

Baton Passing Shell Smash to a Malamar with Destiny Bond is nuts.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-72167840

This is brilliant and I love it. I wish I could "like" the fight somehow.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

korusan posted:

None at the moment. Sorry, I traded a bunch on GTS for legendaries I don't have. Will get back ASAP. Looking for rare evo stones if anyone has them btw

I'm sure I can toss you one somewhere for the Cottonee once you get it. Either post in here or PM when you've got it.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Shogunate posted:

I've watched your videos and seriously how many people do you run into that try to boost their stats after their taunt has ended, while the Sableye is still out.

:downs:: "Oh boy my taunt is gone now, maybe I can boost my stats now and take out that mean old Sableye!"

A lot. Generally the taunt is safer for me as long as I don't need Sableye alive later since even if it 2hko's Sableye it's still crippled and usually kills with taunt still up. It's even better when they keep trying to boost against my team that uses a Ditto.

Incidentally this is why I think SD/KS Aegislash is a really bad set.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-72191213

In which Momma Steel both Carries a team and puts someone in an idiot loop.

52% on Gliscor hot drat. Also constant switching against Aggron instead of using moves :laffo:.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Dec 25, 2013

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!
For this Christmas I'm giving out all my 4 IV Bold Wish/Yawn Eevees over wonder trade. Hopefully I can get a cool pokebank guy, who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Zoness posted:

Also constant switching against Aggron instead of using moves :laffo:.
There are a few situations, mostly when someone is bad at prediction, where switching back and forth (with added help from Protect) is a good strategy. Like, running out the clock before the idiot gets Toxic-ed to death because he doesn't wanna switch and lose his boosts.\

That was not one of those situations.

• Locked thread