Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ConanThe3rd posted:

Counterpoint: Gabe is a fuckwit whose teeth have been scheduled for a kicking for at least three months or so.

How can you hate Gabe, he just wants to bring the best wrestling show to us all. He's the best gm! :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ConanThe3rd posted:

Counterpoint: Gabe is a fuckwit whose teeth have been scheduled for a kicking for at least three months or so.
Jensen alt account found

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Shouldn't Bazza be Triple H then?

No, Gabe is definitely closer to Triple H; gabewinslol is the VGCW equivalent of King of Kings playing as Raw ends with Triple H standing triumphant. Hell, everyone was half convinced he'd pull some light switcher-offer poo poo at TLC.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

How can you hate Gabe, he just wants to bring the best wrestling show to us all. He's the best gm! :unsmith:
Gabe is the virtual boy of GMs

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

No, Gabe is definitely closer to Triple H; gabewinslol is the VGCW equivalent of King of Kings playing as Raw ends with Triple H standing triumphant. Hell, everyone was half convinced he'd pull some light switcher-offer poo poo at TLC.
Yeah, thinking about it now, Gabe really loves to put himself over lesser talent a hell of a lot more.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Waugh I missed XMas broadcast cause I was doing family things. Gosh dang it grandma!!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Waugh I missed XMas broadcast cause I was doing family things. Gosh dang it grandma!!

Likewise, sounds like I missed a really good episode too. :( Oh well, off to Zylche's channel!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Awesome show. I like Segata so I didn't mind him winning. All the Christmas theme music was great. Poor Wily and Barret just didn't stand a chance. I was hoping to see Christmas Scorpion though...

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

PaybackJack posted:

Awesome show. I like Segata so I didn't mind him winning. All the Christmas theme music was great. Poor Wily and Barret just didn't stand a chance. I was hoping to see Christmas Scorpion though...

Ermac, then?

...Ermac was just an error message at first. It'd explain a lot.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Bloodly posted:

Ermac, then?

...Ermac was just an error message at first. It'd explain a lot.

No, I just meant Scorpion with a Santa hat.

Actually that everyone wasn't wearing a Santa hat is a little disappointing. We gotta get on the ball for next year. Christmas theme music and Santa hats for everyone!

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Bazza said that next Tuesday there won't be a show because of the whole New Year's thing. Which is cool, he's stuck to the weekly schedule pretty well so he's earned a break. Happy holidays!

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

:siren: RECORDING OF LAST NIGHT :siren:
Playlist

VGCW 2013-12-24 - 00 - Fun Facts
VGCW 2013-12-24 - 01 - Intro
VGCW 2013-12-24 - 02 - Match
VGCW 2013-12-24 - 03 - Plot
VGCW 2013-12-24 - 04 - Inferno Match
VGCW 2013-12-24 - 05 - Plot
VGCW 2013-12-24 - 06 - Fatal Four Way Cage Match
VGCW 2013-12-24 - 07 - Plot
VGCW 2013-12-24 - 08 - Match
VGCW 2013-12-24 - 09 - Tag Team
VGCW 2013-12-24 - 10 - Plot
VGCW 2013-12-24 - 11 - Match
VGCW 2013-12-24 - 12 - Plot
VGCW 2013-12-24 - 13 - Match
VGCW 2013-12-24 - 14 - Plot
VGCW 2013-12-24 - 15 - Plot
VGCW 2013-12-24 - 16 - Match
VGCW 2013-12-24 - 17 - Plot [END]

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
Gaben is the best heel in VGCW history.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Aww man, I missed the return of the real greatest GM ever. :(

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

What a show. Only Bazza can make a room of 1000 internet people mark for Jesus. :allears:

Also Segata is one hell of a fighting champion and has never "bullshitted his way into a victory" during his entire career. Get over your pokeman losing already. :colbert:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Tonfa posted:

Also Segata is one hell of a fighting champion and has never "bullshitted his way into a victory" during his entire career. Get over your pokeman losing already. :colbert:
Segata was better when he was a running gag.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
Best, most creative show on Twitch. Here's to another year!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Oh my God thank you so much this time, I was so sad I had to miss out on the Christmas special, but now that the recordings are here, I'm gonna have a great Christmas Day!
Happy Holidays VGCW fans!

Ahaha Pyro doing this pose was one of the highlights of that night.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Dec 25, 2013

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Tonfa posted:

Get over your pokeman losing already. :colbert:

Segata is great and a great champion and has not bullshitted his way to either of his two belts.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

In this context, where the outcomes are usually a coinflip most of the time, what is 'bullshitting their way to the top'? What would you consider examples of this?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Bloodly posted:

In this context, where the outcomes are usually a coinflip most of the time, what is 'bullshitting their way to the top'? What would you consider examples of this?

"Someone I don't like wins" is usually the answer to this.

(Christmas episode owned)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Segata is boring as a main eventer and was better as a backstage assaulter.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Lotta ungrateful people ITT, dude died to save the world AND brought honour to the casual title(s). Only halfway there, Jesus :smugbert:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Py "My Hands are on Fire" ro wishes you all a Merry Christmas!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I really hate to see the Dragons reduced to job fodder, but Heavy casually shoving Jimmy off the top rope whenever he went up was loving hilarious.

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Dec 25, 2013

Lugubrious!
Jun 12, 2001

My favourite thing about the Dragons is that they look like jobber tag team from the 80's.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Pyro kind of piggybacked off of Heavy at first but he really shined towards the end, that was pretty much the most action he's seen in VGCW in ages.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Pyro is like the best kept secret in VGCW. Dude's been dynamite for entertainment ever since his redesign, except nobody noticed his matches own because it's the Pyro. With the added visibility he gets from being teamed with a colorful newcomer and copping some of that new penny shine for himself, it's like we're rediscovering Pyro all over again.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I hope that the Heavy gets a singles career instead of just being Pyro's tag partner. He is really fun to watch and a total powerhouse.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I miss Pyro being called the Dominator.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I miss Pyro being called the Dominator.

If he/they start winning lots, turn it on. If they lose for a bit, remove it. Gotta earn that title, you know?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Have we ever actually seen Pyro's ball-crusher before? That came out of nowhere and was super hype.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Pigbuster posted:

Have we ever actually seen Pyro's ball-crusher before? That came out of nowhere and was super hype.

Chat calling it the Spy-check was the perfect storm. MGS3, TF2...it all fell in place. A beautiful moment.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

Pigbuster posted:

We've seem it from Kefka, but I'm pretty sure we haven't seen it from The Pyro until now, since unlike Kefka, the ball crusher is his finisher instead of a normal move.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

With more exciting tag teams like Team Fortress and with Gamecenter FU being the dominating champions for quite a while, I'm hoping we get more focus on the co-op divisions. Maybe two tag team matches a night instead of one.

vvv I completely forgot about how glitched the tag entrances were. Haha, I can't blame him for not wanting to deal with that then.

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 25, 2013

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Pretty sure the reason there's only one per night is because making multiple tag entrances work in story mode is way too much of a pain to be worth it. Another tag tournament would be great, though.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
So I just got 2K14 for Christmas. Is there any way to find out the good tags to search for the show's CAWs? I've already done "vidya".

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

So I just got 2K14 for Christmas. Is there any way to find out the good tags to search for the show's CAWs? I've already done "vidya".
VGCW and BAZZA worked for me with '13

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

Regarding Segata: I brought this up on the official forums, but there are plenty of wrestlers on the roster who are more than capable of defeating Segata in a championship bout: Scorpion, Red, Nappa, Kefka, Mr. Satan, Falcon, Arino, etc. However, the way the booking is now, these upper-midcarders (I put Segata in that teir as well) are instead thrown up against main eventers rather than competing in casual division, and they seem to be stuck in this limbo of being too good for the casual division but not quite good enough for the main event and the Hardcore title. Instead, Segata's contenders have come from the ranks of the lower-midcard like Duke and Barret and Knuckles, guys who just aren't that good (or at least, not as good as the wrestlers I listed above). It's sort of similar to Raphael's championship run where weak competition makes the champion look better than he really is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

ConanThe3rd posted:

VGCW and BAZZA worked for me with '13

I tried those and SNST, didn't get much.

• Locked thread