Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Cowcaster posted:

You people with your boomerang ground-slams and your giant obscenely damaging greatswords. In my day we had a stupid metal stick called a Bo and we baseballed groups of enemies across the map with it just fine.

Why back in my day we didn't have alternate weapons! We had swords and more swords! Walls were for hiding behind and not for running on! And we didn't even have mods! And we all had 7000 shields and upgrades were a tree!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Cowcaster posted:

Great, now you've reminded me how lousy the Volt's overload animation looks now compared to what it looked like in closed beta.

At least these days you don't have to float there for four seconds like a tool, but I guess the tradeoff was back then Volt overloading would kill the entire level instantly because it had a chain range of roughly 15 rooms.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Buying the volt with plat was the best decision I made. It's seriously one of the best frames. The amount of damage you can do with it is asinine.

For once I'm getting top damage % using it. Having a potatoed Ignis helps too :)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Kanos posted:

At least these days you don't have to float there for four seconds like a tool, but I guess the tradeoff was back then Volt overloading would kill the entire level instantly because it had a chain range of roughly 15 rooms.

You were also invincible while floating there, and no longer are with the short animation, so.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Christ, these last ten mastery ranks on the MK-1 Braton are going to be murder.

At least I unlocked Europa so I can hopefully get a control module drop soon and work on building Trinity.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I've been sitting on a lapis for several days now. Once in a while I pop into the clan chat and see if anyone has one and wnats to group up for at least 50 points, but no. Silence. I understand that all the overachievers had that poo poo done in a day, but what about the rest of us, slowpokes?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Nitrox posted:

I've been sitting on a lapis for several days now. Once in a while I pop into the clan chat and see if anyone has one and wnats to group up for at least 50 points, but no. Silence. I understand that all the overachievers had that poo poo done in a day, but what about the rest of us, slowpokes?

The thing is, once you get your 100 point run in there's absolutely no reason to bother taking a picture of a single plant, and the way the event works guarantees you won't want to. No plant pictures, no anti-venom. Which leaves all the people who haven't gotten their runs in yet in the lurch.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance

There's still 3 levels left :psyduck:

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
And it's exponential, so those last three levels represent 87.5% of the work needed to reach max.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It wouldn't be so bad if the UI wasn't making GBS threads itself while trying to mod a high level serration.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Goons, what is the best/most fun punchy kicky melee?

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance

Argas posted:

It wouldn't be so bad if the UI wasn't making GBS threads itself while trying to mod a high level serration.

Also, the "apply" and "cancel" buttons are way too loving close.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Yardbomb posted:

Goons, what is the best/most fun punchy kicky melee?

Obex or Kogake, though I prefer Obex because it suits my Valkyr's Corpus bits. The Kogake is probably the better all around choice though. Ignore anyone who says Furax, that poo poo has terrible animations. Also everyone forgot the Ankyros exists for good reason.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Dec 25, 2013

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Furax and Loki for invisible butt-punching. Works like a charm and hides your shameful animations from friends and foe alike.

Hulk Hands are worth it.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Cowcaster posted:

You were also invincible while floating there, and no longer are with the short animation, so.

I... don't think it does. The first time I met Stalker I tried to fry him with Overload (this was back when Electricity damage was rear end), he just walked up to me hanging there and chopped me to death with his Hate. This was back when Stalker was such a scrub you just had to stand on a box to kill him.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

fookolt posted:

There's still 3 levels left :psyduck:
Serration is the cross all Warframe players have to bear.

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

Nitrox posted:

I hear you. That's why I had an issue with people saying "we've got until January, there's no rush." The time limit was always just a couple of days, because that's when most people would get the event out of the way and then never touch it again.

Best idea seems to be to just craft a Vermillion and then try to rope whoever you can find into doing it with you.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Broniki posted:

I hear you. That's why I had an issue with people saying "we've got until January, there's no rush." The time limit was always just a couple of days, because that's when most people would get the event out of the way and then never touch it again.

Best idea seems to be to just craft a Vermillion and then try to rope whoever you can find into doing it with you.
Vermillion is such an rear end in a top hat item that it requires winning the jade lottery 8 times. I've spent over 4 hours (total) to find less than half of it so far :( And that poo poo gets te-di-o-us

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Nitrox posted:

Vermillion is such an rear end in a top hat item that it requires winning the jade lottery 8 times. I've spent over 4 hours (total) to find less than half of it so far :( And that poo poo gets te-di-o-us

Just keep scanning the first garden and abort the mission if it's not there. I got 4 within like, 15 minutes trying.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

wid posted:

I... don't think it does. The first time I met Stalker I tried to fry him with Overload (this was back when Electricity damage was rear end), he just walked up to me hanging there and chopped me to death with his Hate. This was back when Stalker was such a scrub you just had to stand on a box to kill him.

Originally, way back in the mists of time, Warframe ultimates made you totally invincible during the animation. This eventually got removed, so for a while(during one of his low points in usefulness, actually) Volt was stuck with the ridiculously long Overload animation but wasn't invincible during it.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Tortolia posted:

Christ, these last ten mastery ranks on the MK-1 Braton are going to be murder.

At least I unlocked Europa so I can hopefully get a control module drop soon and work on building Trinity.

You don't want to get control modules through Europa - doubly so on the PC.

You want to get a tower key (15min in a survival is a guaranteed one) and then go play a Tower 1 or Tower 2 mission with goons.

Because Europa is actually way harder and way more annoying than Tower 1 missions, while being a worse source of control modules.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Helter Skelter posted:

Yeah, that's why stuff like Excal/Volt/Loki and the sentinels are actually pretty okay deals to just buy outright with plat: pre-slotted, pre-potatoed, and you skip the build time/resource cost.

I'm still not a huge fan of that particular pack, even discounted, but it's not a completely awful deal I guess.

Well, the guns in it looked neat, plus I was basically out of new weapons for Mastery points. I think it worked out. I do like the Amphis slam attack, though, nice high stun proc.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So if I want to go full Anime Katana mode in this game I should stick with the Excalibur?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Fat_Cow posted:

So if I want to go full Anime Katana mode in this game I should stick with the Excalibur?

Nope!

Excalibur is no more melee-oriented than any other frame. Slash Dash, his melee-themed power, doesn't actually care about your melee weapon at all. Single one-handed swords are pretty much junk, but if you really want to use one then Loki's your best choice of the starters: Invisibility not only extends your survivability but also doubles your melee damage while it's active.

Actually, if you're going full anime, the Galatine might be a good sword choice. It's like six-feet long and hits like a truck. What's more anime then that?

Ankle-biter
Mar 10, 2004

Thank you Grizzlebees... I was hungry.

Male Man posted:

What's more anime then that?

Using the big sword...with a female frame! :ninja:

Speaking of which, my Nova will be out of the oven in a few hours...Merry Christmas to me!

Lagonazer
Jan 3, 2012

Come here friends.
Hug me! Oh yeah. Hug me.
If anyone cared about the winter steam skins, the unparalleled quality skin was for the Ankyros. :laffo:

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
If thank that was already datamined and posted here, at least I think I got the info from that thread which made me not care about the super-mega-rare drop anymore.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Fat_Cow posted:

Best melee frame is Rhino because Iron Skin means you get to ignore CC/damage and just cut stuff to bits.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Piell posted:

Best melee frame is Rhino because Iron Skin means you get to ignore CC/damage and just cut stuff to bits.

Trinity with perma-blessing is far better and way more anime than Rhino.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Lagonazer posted:

If anyone cared about the winter steam skins, the unparalleled quality skin was for the Ankyros. :laffo:
That's funny as hell.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, the Syndana and the Vauban skin was the only ones I cared about (and got for a total of like 4 bucks on the first day). It's also pretty funny that two of the Tigris skins sold for 165 bucks each the other day.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Shoutouts to the goon who gave me serration and thunderbolt. Much love, thank you for holding me down. My karak destroying man/clone and machine alike.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Anyone in the clan willing to part with some corrosive ammo types for whatever plat you think is good? I just can't be sussed to play this event with all of it's scanning and foundrying and coordinating with 3 other players to have separate toxins and what-not.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I got the PS+ pack, how long does it take the extra Plat to be added to your account?

Kneejerk
Jul 28, 2010

Felt Presence,
Ghostly Humming
Sometimes when my friend is in a mission his screen will flash a red hue for 30 seconds or so and then he'll just outright die, without even bleeding out first. I'll be in a mission with him doing nothing different except using another frame (he's using Loki) and it'll only happen to him. Any idea what's happening?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Kneejerk posted:

Sometimes when my friend is in a mission his screen will flash a red hue for 30 seconds or so and then he'll just outright die, without even bleeding out first. I'll be in a mission with him doing nothing different except using another frame (he's using Loki) and it'll only happen to him. Any idea what's happening?

Does he see any messages talking about vengeance or such before it happens? There's something called the "Stalker" that has a random chance of spawning in mid-mission, claiming to be avenging a boss you've killed. Thing is, it's hilariously buggy--I've been whacked twice for supposedly killing bosses I hadn't even unlocked.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Fat_Cow posted:

I got the PS+ pack, how long does it take the extra Plat to be added to your account?

Quit the client and sign back in, it should show up then.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I was in the clan for a while but got removed due to inactivity. Any process for getting back in?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Just reapply through the app in the OP as though you were a new player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
If I understand this event correctly, you only need a group score of 50 points to get the toxin + status chance mod set, right? That seems markedly easier than all this Vermilion business.