Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

awesmoe posted:

Get all the DLC. Customs are great but buy as much DLC as you can afford so they keep making it. Get all of it. All the DLC.

I own like %95 of all dlc for RS1 and 2014.

Still it owns being able to play ACDC and Metallica in RS2014. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarq
Apr 25, 2008

by Ralp

keyframe posted:

I own like %95 of all dlc for RS1 and 2014.

Still it owns being able to play ACDC and Metallica in RS2014. :v:

I was showing the game to a friend that plays guitar. After he did a decent sight read of House of the Rising Sun I asked him if he was ready to get owned...

And cued up For Whom the Bell Tolls. Good times.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Tarq posted:

I was showing the game to a friend that plays guitar. After he did a decent sight read of House of the Rising Sun I asked him if he was ready to get owned...

And cued up For Whom the Bell Tolls. Good times.

House of rising sun is way harder to play than For Whom the Bell Tolls. :confused:

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

awesmoe posted:

yes yes no

edit vvvv:

all just using cherub rock.

edit2: buy 10 DLC songs anyway dont be a tightass

Awesome! Thanks, off to Smithy's I go.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Macavity posted:

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or something but all the original rocksmith DLC is 50% off right now. It's pretty lame they won't sell the new stuff cheaper too.

That's the default, store-wide discount, and has nothing to do with Rocksmith 2014 being a daily (which is what we were discussing).

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Game is $49.99 on all platforms with the cable at Best Buy.

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe

King Vidiot posted:

That's the default, store-wide discount, and has nothing to do with Rocksmith 2014 being a daily (which is what we were discussing).

It's the winter sale. So it's weird that some DLC is on sale during the winter sale and some isn't, even when the base game is further discounted on a daily deal.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Is Ninja Slide N 2014's equal to Big Swing Baseball? Game just seems like it simply just... doesn't loving work half the time.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dewgy posted:

Is Ninja Slide N 2014's equal to Big Swing Baseball? Game just seems like it simply just... doesn't loving work half the time.

The game doesn't work for you? I don't have any problem sliding around in it.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I guess I should clarify. On the low E any slide less than three frets long it's pretty much ignoring. My little ninja guy does a flip, the game yells random advice at me (check your fretting finger! slide faster!) and the little fucker just sits there like an idiot.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES
So I just went ham and bought like ~200 bucks worth of rocksmith 1 dlc and the importer tool. Question: Do I need to install rocksmith 1 to get all the songs on rocksmith 2014?

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I'm not really sure. Rocksmith 2014 downloads a 220mb "RS1 Disc Compatibility" and 32mb "RS1 DLC Compatibility" file. DLC Songs are like 4-5mb each though so I can't imagine that it includes all that data on it's own.

Rocksmith is the first game on Steam with cross-game DLC so it's running into some wrinkles.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

ScienceAndMusic posted:

So I just went ham and bought like ~200 bucks worth of rocksmith 1 dlc and the importer tool. Question: Do I need to install rocksmith 1 to get all the songs on rocksmith 2014?

I didn't have to on OSX, so you likely won't have to on Windows. I think it works based on your Steam library.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Man soloing on 12 gauge strings on E standard tuning is NOT fun. My fingers hurt so bad right now. :negative:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:siren: Rocksmith 1 is $7.49 for PC/Mac on Amazon. Go get it! :siren:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

PaganGoatPants posted:

Thanks for the heads up, picked this up for myself. Now I just have to get...everything else :(

Link is here if anyone's too lazy to look

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I finally figured out how to get customs to work last night. There is some great stuff out there!

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Is that PC AND Mac? Its only showing Vista and I'm paranoid.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
I don't think the first Rocksmith was ever released for Mac but you should be able to use steam to activate the CD key so you can buy+import old Rocksmith DLC for RS2014.

To get the 50ish tracks from the DVD into 2014 you'll have to buy the import tool DLC because they reworked them into different arrangements with a new file format.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

magiccarpet posted:

Is that PC AND Mac? Its only showing Vista and I'm paranoid.

The CD key activates on Steam afaik so it's good to go.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Right, you can't play RS1 on Mac but if you have it in your Steam library then you can import the tracks into 2014 on either OS.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I just got rocksmith for my 360! Super pumped. I recently started getting back into guitar after a long hiatus. This should be a great tool for learning songs. If I can get my hands on a 360 version of the first game, I can import the songs, right?

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009

Day Man posted:

I just got rocksmith for my 360! Super pumped. I recently started getting back into guitar after a long hiatus. This should be a great tool for learning songs. If I can get my hands on a 360 version of the first game, I can import the songs, right?

Yes. $10.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Nocheez posted:

I finally figured out how to get customs to work last night. There is some great stuff out there!

All the metallica songs have the most amazing distortion tone ever. I can't stop playing Unforgiven and Orion. :allears:

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

So, looks somewhat difficult to get a cheap used copy of rocksmith 1 on 360. Anyone have a copy they'd be willing to let me borrow if I pay for shipping both ways?

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009

Day Man posted:

So, looks somewhat difficult to get a cheap used copy of rocksmith 1 on 360. Anyone have a copy they'd be willing to let me borrow if I pay for shipping both ways?

I could be wrong, but I do think you can load the songs from a game the songs have been pulled from. If it's anything like rock band you've got a single use code in the package that allows the transfer.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's based on having a save game, I believe. When Rocksmith was released they had no idea there'd be a sequel so there wouldn't be a code in the box for that.

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009
If that's the case then hell yeah :-)

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Tried playing that Satch Boogie song... :staredog:

Yea that's not gonna happen for another year at least.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I just had to drain the nastiest blister under a blister.

Thanks game! That makes three fingers with blisters and broken skin!

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

PaganGoatPants posted:

Does it register on Steam and if so, could a kind American goon please buy a copy for this wretched frostback? (will paypal you the money promptly)

Zylen
Mar 25, 2005

The third time, the exception becomes the rule

Renegret posted:

Stop playing for a while.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Renegret posted:

I'm pretty sure my left hand has gone through like a dozen fingerprints recently. Fresh out of the shower my fingertips look like they're from a body they found floating in the river.

But god drat can I ever BEND. :black101:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Renegret posted:

Goonsandcommonsense.txt

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Mr.48 posted:

Does it register on Steam and if so, could a kind American goon please buy a copy for this wretched frostback? (will paypal you the money promptly)

Yes, and you can use a fake address. Amazon don't care none

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

toymach1ne posted:

Yes, and you can use a fake address. Amazon don't care none

I just get an immediate "this title is only available to US customers" message when I try to complete the purchase. Should I try adding a new US address, creating a whole new account, or can somebody just help this Euro dummy out since it's Christmas?

Crash Fistfight
Mar 29, 2007

First now I understood the true complexity of women.
Just add a US street address. Use google to find a real one.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

Crash Fistfight posted:

Just add a US street address. Use google to find a real one.

I tried but I think it still requires a payment method with a US billing address. Oh well.

londonmoose
Mar 22, 2011
Use your normal payment method but change the billing address on it to the fake US one, or is that what you have been doing?

If that doesn't work, maybe your bank is fussy, you can also buy yourself an Amazon US gift card with your normal payment details, apply it to your account details and use that balance, along with the fake US billing address to buy the game. That's usually worked for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
You just need to change your billing address to a US one. I've used a Tucson, AZ address for years and it's worked fine. You will get charged sale tax if it applies to the State you chose, tough. I find the 3% sale tax laughable compared to the 22% tax in my country so I don't even bother to look for a tax-free state.