Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012
Glory to the Carthaginian Empire! Glory to Phoenicia! Just hope that they don't get swallowed instantly by the other American empires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere
B, because lower tech costs are better

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
B, because I want a B-C tie. Kongo and Mali as colonisers, Carthago Nova Nova already there. (Bonus points if they reclaim Cartagena and Tunis!)

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?
Brazilian Carthage all the way.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

B. Because screw Carthage!

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

B

fake edit:
code:
[b]B[/b]

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Anyone that doesn't vote Black is racist! :colbert:

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

C

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

A stands for Ęthiopia.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Oooh. C.

NeoAnjou
Jul 22, 2010
At the risk of being unpopular, A as I have the same reaction to Prester John as other people seem to have for Carthage.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I also vote for Black Power, because an alt-hist timeline with Africa not sucking would be pretty awesome. Oh, but keep some of the Prester John stuff from A if possible because it sounds fun.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
Lets go B!

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Flesnolk posted:

I also vote for Black Power, because an alt-hist timeline with Africa not sucking would be pretty awesome. Oh, but keep some of the Prester John stuff from A if possible because it sounds fun.

Meh, we got Greyhunter and the Ghanan Empire. If we keep making everyone advanced there will be nowhere to expand our colonies.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Carthage!

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
C sounds like good fun, plus a way to add some more competition for the Tawantinsuyu in the New World.

Although elements of A would be nice. Pagan resurgence in Africa thanks to strange, universe-displaced writings telling of the Snake in the Well and the Ogoonu who are its favored servants.

Just remember, in the likely event that C wins, that the ancient Phoenicians would have hybridized with the Mapuche by this point. In other words, they should be tough customers on land as well as at sea.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

A is for Africa.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Voting B

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

B, though if we go the Carthage route we might as well go whole hog and add a Jewish culture bloc in Darkest Africa around the abandoned mines of Solomon for maximum eurocentrism

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
A 8
B 23
C 28

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Voting B for the potential of more interesting Great Powers.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Why do you make me choose between C and B. I want them both.

Guess I'll vote C.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

StrifeHira posted:

Why do you make me choose between C and B. I want them both.

Then vote B to create a tie, which would lead to a compromise.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Carthago!

LordGugs
Oct 16, 2012
C is just too awesome.

Hyord
Aug 24, 2011
C

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

C

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom
C

Vaga42Bond
Apr 10, 2009

Die Essensrationen wurden verdoppelt!
Die Anzahl der Torpedos wurde verdoppelt!
B

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

C is for Carthage!

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
B is for both! (if we tie)

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D
C so that we can have some oddball worldwide version of the Punic wars somewhere down the line.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I guess I'll go for Carthage but I'd like a side order of B. So chalk me up or the CB radio.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Going to dodge the bandwagon and go A, just for the literary references.

Though Qart-Hadash is pretty cool.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I'm digging the thought of New Carthage,myself.

Spirit Tree
Jan 22, 2007
Photosynthesising
Bees.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Wyld Karde posted:

I'm digging the thought of New Carthage,myself.

There already is/was one. we're onto the sixth Carthage at least. (Three of which were in the Americas in the original timeline.)

Semquais
Dec 5, 2013
C

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

Bobbin Threadbare posted: