Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
Tina's is definitely the best DLC. Hammerlock's kind of sucks - it's a pretty short (albeit kind of funny) actual story and relies more on one-off quests. Tina's is a blast. Totally worth the money even if you're not season pass.

For just a single DLC run-through, I might actually recommend TVHM. If you want more challenge and better loot then UVHM is obviously the way to go, but Tina's is at level 50 with a few bosses over that, and there are already a few bosses that are a bit of a pain in the rear end. For an actual party, it would probably be more fun to play something that you won't get stuck on for too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
Alright, I think we'll do Tina on TVHM then if my friends agree. Thanks for the advice.

And my PSNID is grizzlywilde. Thanks!

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Of course, the final target is The Warrior.

Aaaaaand, he's dropping a Flakker. :sigh:

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

smashpro1 posted:

Of course, the final target is The Warrior.

Aaaaaand, he's dropping a Flakker. :sigh:

They did change it to make bigger explosions so it might be better.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Edward IV posted:

They did change it to make bigger explosions so it might be better.
NOPE.AVI

It still has the same issues which makes it only semi-useful in most circumstances. I went into Southern Shelf and was letting psychos run up to me to get some point-blank kills and it KEPT. loving. MISSING. Nor could it hit anything at ranges I get kills with using white Torgue shotguns.

:downsgun:

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Are all Legendary guns dropping with higher frequency today? Or am I just insanely lucky that I got both the Veruc and Lyuda off of "The Good, The Bad, And The Mordecai"?

Insetik fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 10, 2013

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
Thanks for all the stuff goon (I think Elephant Ambush?)! Although you have now presented me with a whole other problem of having to figure out which guns/items to put on which character, because I don't have any mules. I have three characters with filled inventories and banks now. But at least I'll have some presents for my friends at the LAN, thanks!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Sioux posted:

Thanks for all the stuff goon (I think Elephant Ambush?)! Although you have now presented me with a whole other problem of having to figure out which guns/items to put on which character, because I don't have any mules. I have three characters with filled inventories and banks now. But at least I'll have some presents for my friends at the LAN, thanks!

Happy to help! Hit me up if you need anything else. :)

Daemonqueller
Aug 16, 2004

Is there any point in buying the DLCs if I haven't completed TVHM yet?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Daemonqueller posted:

Is there any point in buying the DLCs if I haven't completed TVHM yet?

Yes. There are some really cool quest reward items/gear and a lot of funny jokes to laugh at. The Torgue DLC is amazing and a must-play.

Daemonqueller
Aug 16, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yes. There are some really cool quest reward items/gear and a lot of funny jokes to laugh at. The Torgue DLC is amazing and a must-play.

Alright I am in. What level are the DLC enemies in normal mode? I read somewhere that they max out around level 28.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Daemonqueller posted:

Alright I am in. What level are the DLC enemies in normal mode? I read somewhere that they max out around level 28.

On normal all the dlcs scale to your level and then cap at level 30 with the exception of tiny tina's dlc which is a post storyline dlc. On TVHM mode all the enemies scale to your level up to 50 and then UVHM scales to whatever level you are, up to level 80. Now bosses are usually 2-5 levels above what ever the level cap is for that playthrough.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012
Reading the thread, I saw claims that side quests on normal would scale to your level until you accepted them, but it doesn't work that way for me. I'm level 25, just did Opportunity, and quest givers who I didn't even talk to until recently are offering level 8-12 quests. What am I doing wrong?

I finally got my first legendary drop from a loot midget yesterday: a level 21 Deliverance with a scope that does about one third the damage of my Torgue Triple Hulk. :jerkbag:

Blue Steel
Aug 19, 2009

GET YOUR BITCH ASS OUT OF E/N AND BACK TO TFLC
I played Borderlands and it was a great ride, and I was looking into purchasing Borderlands 2, as I was MIA when it came out last year. Used copies are pretty cheap, $10-15, but then I noticed the GOTY recently came out at full price. Which do you think is the better value for someone who hasn't played Borderlands 2 at all?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Blue Steel posted:

I played Borderlands and it was a great ride, and I was looking into purchasing Borderlands 2, as I was MIA when it came out last year. Used copies are pretty cheap, $10-15, but then I noticed the GOTY recently came out at full price. Which do you think is the better value for someone who hasn't played Borderlands 2 at all?

GOTY, beyond doubt. Two additional characters, four DLCs (one of which could probably be passed over) alone make up a good reason to get the GOTY version.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Blue Steel posted:

http://www.borderlands2.com/gameoftheyear/index.html

Award winning title, Borderlands 2

4 Add-On Content Campaigns ($15 each)

Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty
Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage
Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt
Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep

2 New Playable Characters ($10 each)

Gaige, the Mechromancer
Krieg, the Psycho

First level cap increase ($5)

Plus new battle arenas, heads and skins, golden keys and more! (the special edition pack ins and the preorder arena)

If you're going to dump time into borderlands 2, the GOTY version is the one you want.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
So I just loaded up BL2 and there's v1.10 update that's 590MB.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/11/21/borderlands-2-ps3-patch-1-10-out-on-november-26th-adds-dlc-support-and-more/

quote:

Added support for upcoming downloadable content.

(Tiny Tina DLC) Addressed an issue with “Dwarven Allies” which would cause a blocker if players picked up the third rune letter prior to completing the “Solve ancient dwarven puzzle” objective.

(Tiny Tina DLC) Murderlin will now respond if you have accepted but not completed the mission “Roll Insight”

(Sir Hammerlock DLC) Addressed an issue where damage dealt to Dexiduous, after destroying a crit region, would be too low when the player was lower level than Dexiduous.

(TK Baha DLC) Addressed an issue that could cause the flying pumpkin head to regenerate health in Hallowed Hollow.

Summoning Deathtrap with “Sharing is Caring” enabled no longer causes a Turtle shield’s health penalties to be applied twice.

Adjusted drop rates of unique items from Doc Mercy, Mad Dog, Savage Lee and McNally to be more consistent across all modes.

Added checks to enforce the maximum overpower level and remove invalid gear.

Addressed a manufacturing error where rare Maliwan SMGs were created with the incorrect body part.

Addressed a glowing issue with the Gunzerker Skin of Steel skin.

Further corrected the alignment of holographic sights on pistols.

Addressed an issue where completed repeatable missions would not show text in the mission acceptance screen.

Addressed an issue where defendable targets would not have a health bar

Added the ability to delete DLC content from the PS3 via the “DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT” menu.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

If anyone is at all interested, Borderlands 2 DLC is on offer for today only on Xbox Live. The game is 75% off on Games on Demand. The Psycho pack, UVHM2 and first Headhunter are 50% off. The season pass is 33% off.

Remember it's today only so if you haven't got any of the newer DLC since it isn't in the season pass, now is a good time to grab it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
So I downloaded the Halloween and Thanksgiving Headhunter packs to give them a whirl with my Lv 72 Siren and for what its worth, they are alright but holy poo poo is the Pumpkin King an absolute nightmare of a fight if you aren't packing full legenderies, the small Pumpkin dudes will heal him almost as fast as you can damage him.

I know the candies that drop when they die help a lot but the King himself does HUGE aoe attacks and throws bombs everywhere, I recently tried it at Overpowered Lv 1 and it was impossible, I guess us mere mortals who don't have easy access to legendary gear are sorta screwed.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
What is Overpowered anyway? Someone gave me a sniper rifle that said it required Overpowered 2 to use and I had no idea what that meant.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

What is Overpowered anyway? Someone gave me a sniper rifle that said it required Overpowered 2 to use and I had no idea what that meant.

Basically when you finish a run through of Digistruct Peak you unlock Overpowered Mode, it basically levels up the loot and enemies by 1, so Overpowered 1 guns are equivalent to Lv 73 and so on, you unlock additional levels by finishing increasingly difficult runs of Digistruct Peak.

So unless you eventually want every single enemy to be a massive brick wall, don't bother with it.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
So there is finally some measure of closure to the Loot Hunt: http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1123/borderlands-2-100k-loot-hunt-stats-and-winners

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
So I have just got this and all of the DLC from the sale. I got a load of golden keys. Is there a best time to use them? Is it worth saving them up until max level or do they become useless after a certain point?

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009

Dravs posted:

So I have just got this and all of the DLC from the sale. I got a load of golden keys. Is there a best time to use them? Is it worth saving them up until max level or do they become useless after a certain point?

Use one each level or two (more often if you've been having trouble finding anything good). At max level you can start working for legendaries, and Gearbox releases shift codes for Golden Keys pretty regularly anyways. They always get you purple/etech (possibly blue for relics) items at your current level. They don't become completely useless at max level, but it's a waste to hoard them all until then.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
Does anybody think the latest DLC is worth downloading? I like Marcus well enough but the fact that all the heads are snowmen or something kind of makes me skeptical that it's worth three bucks.

I bought T.K. Baha's Bloody Harvest, and thought it was kind of unfufilling and crappy. I heard Torgue's mini DLC was a bit of a middle finger, but I didn't buy it. Are they just done making good playable content? Did they push the late add-on content to the team that worked on the Alien game?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Seneschal posted:

Does anybody think the latest DLC is worth downloading? I like Marcus well enough but the fact that all the heads are snowmen or something kind of makes me skeptical that it's worth three bucks.

I bought T.K. Baha's Bloody Harvest, and thought it was kind of unfufilling and crappy. I heard Torgue's mini DLC was a bit of a middle finger, but I didn't buy it. Are they just done making good playable content? Did they push the late add-on content to the team that worked on the Alien game?

If anything Torgue's was the best of the DLC as it fleshed out Torgue High-Five Flexington and the Torgue Corporation a bit. And the raid boss is right up there with Dexidous in brutality on UVHM.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

How do the Headhunter DLCs scale with level? Or are they set up at a specific level?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Neo Helbeast posted:

If anything Torgue's was the best of the DLC as it fleshed out Torgue High-Five Flexington and the Torgue Corporation a bit. And the raid boss is right up there with Dexidous in brutality on UVHM.

The Snowman boss in the latest headhunter pack is a hard hard fight, its not a Hyperious level of bullshit but it made me angry a few times.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I might play some split screen BL2 coop on the PS3 this Christmas - I've almost finished PT2 of my first PC character. Do the console versions compensate for gamepad controls in anyway, because I imagine Zer0's sniping tree would be considerably trickier without a mouse?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Rinkles posted:

I might play some split screen BL2 coop on the PS3 this Christmas - I've almost finished PT2 of my first PC character. Do the console versions compensate for gamepad controls in anyway, because I imagine Zer0's sniping tree would be considerably trickier without a mouse?
It has a slight lock-on, like call of duty. It works OK because you just get used to drifting up to the head after locking on.

I snipe splitscreen and to be honest the graphic effects from your co-op partner (in my case, Gaige) are a bigger problem.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It has a slight lock-on, like call of duty. It works OK because you just get used to drifting up to the head after locking on.

I snipe splitscreen and to be honest the graphic effects from your co-op partner (in my case, Gaige) are a bigger problem.

Thanks. Split screen is always going to be a compromised experience, but this'll probably just be for a short bit of fun with my brother. I don't plan to do repeat playthroughs on the console, if I even finish the first one, like my PC character(s).

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

For anyone who still plays Borderlands and hasn't got the Headhunter DLC's because they are unsure about them, then I'd advise you to save your money, its literally 1 longish quest, a raid boss fight and a short quest afterwards, and that's it, the heads you unlock are a Pumpkin from TK Baha's, a Turkey from Torgue's and a Snowman from Marcus's.

The bulk of the DLC's, are as I said, one long quest which is pretty much padding as they are all fetch quests, go here, and do this, now go there and do that, and so on, there's "funny" dialogue to go with it but it just feels so hollow to me.

The raid bosses you face off with are all bullshit in difficulty, they are obviously balanced for a full team of 4, its absolute hell for people going in alone as all 3 bosses do huge aoe attacks, have loads of backup and are bullet sponges on higher difficulties, but the real kicker? they drop virtually no loot upon death, you get some when they die but not half as much as when Bunker or the Warrior died, the heads are quest rewards/rare drops, and the skins are also very rare drops.

I bought them because they were cheap but in retrospect, I shouldn't have bothered.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Just for anyone still debating getting this:

Game of the year Edition is on sale on Steam for $15

:torgue:

EDIT: I'm :derp: & forgot this is the console thread. Still, if you have any PC friends, pass it on.

Doodles fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Dec 23, 2013

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

If you got the GOTY edition, then feel free to have an asshaul's worth of keys!

quote:

Date: 12/25
No of Keys: 20
PS3: W3W3J-6RB3S-69RCT-STWBT-WX6S6
WinPC/Mac: 5JWT3-WTKXX-KJ6WB-333BJ-9W3SJ
X360: KJWTJ-T9366-3WW5R-CR3BT-R9JZR
Expires: Unknown
Source: Pitchford's Twitter

If you're on the 360 and would like another hand and/or idiot compounding your problems, send me an invite. My GT is the same as my username here.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Also those codes work for the non GOTY version (confirmed on 360)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Confirming that it worked for non GOTY PS3 as well. Nice.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Judge Tesla posted:

The raid bosses you face off with are all bullshit in difficulty, they are obviously balanced for a full team of 4, its absolute hell for people going in alone as all 3 bosses do huge aoe attacks, have loads of backup and are bullet sponges on higher difficulties, but the real kicker? they drop virtually no loot upon death, you get some when they die but not half as much as when Bunker or the Warrior died, the heads are quest rewards/rare drops, and the skins are also very rare drops.

I had absolutely no problem killing The Pumpkin King or Wattle Gobbler solo on UVHM. They were both pathetically easy. Level 72 Siren using a DPUH.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
20 Keys is a lot and it definitely got me stoked to play this as soon as I got home for Xmas.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 26, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

The Duke posted:

I had absolutely no problem killing The Pumpkin King or Wattle Gobbler solo on UVHM. They were both pathetically easy. Level 72 Siren using a DPUH.

The Duke posted:

using a DPUH.

You can't gauge their general difficulty using a gun that's ten times better than any other gun in the game, seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
OK so I keep seeing everyone talking about the DPUH. What's so good about it? I have one but I've never used it. Talk me into it.

• Locked thread