Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

The Ignis is best for wrecking crowds of non-heavy units, so you shouldn't worry as much about the target types that only heavies have. That means: for Grineer, you focus on Flesh and Ferrite, so use Corrosive and Heat; for Infested, you focus on Infested and Flesh, so use Gas; for Corpus it's a little more spread out, but Magnetic and Heat is a good way to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
He's on PS4, they don't have those HP types yet.

vvv: yes on the previous page I recommended those types.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Dec 26, 2013

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Denzine posted:

He's on PS4, they don't have those HP types yet.

Corrosive and Magnetic still work for Grineer and Corpus respectively.

For Infested I think pure heat + something else like Corrosive worked just fine because Gas damage wasn't strong against them in the old versions of damage 2.x, but I can't really remember the exact numbers, just that I used that with great effect.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

what...
http://imgur.com/a/MtWIb

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

What am I looking for here?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
It looks like a few shots of the new whip bugging out a bit and staying extended.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

7c Nickel posted:

It looks like a few shots of the new whip bugging out a bit and staying extended.

Oh, sure. Corpus whip does that all the time, too.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance
For the Soma, is there anywhere I can go to make it even better than this (other than working on Serration)?

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

fookolt posted:

For the Soma, is there anywhere I can go to make it even better than this (other than working on Serration)?

Hammer Shot (rare from Nightmare mode), Critical Delay, and Heavy Caliber (both from Orokin Derelict vaults) are possibilities, but otherwise that looks about as good as it gets, damage-wise.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

fookolt posted:

Switching out one of your elements for Hammer Shot (probably fire) has a very slight negative impact (like, fractions of a percent) on overall damage (assuming a fictional enemy neutral to all damage types--I'm doing back-of-the-envelope math here) in return for increased status chance. Swapping one for Critical Delay drops your DPS by an appreciable amount but gives you better control and more reliable crits. As for Heavy Caliber--dropping an elemental mod for it will increase your damage at Rank 3 HC and above, but you're gonna quickly compromise one of Soma's biggest assets. I guess if you keep it low it's not that bad.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
As someone who runs a max hcal in soma, there's loving zero drawback to running max hcal in soma. You only lose first-shot accuracy.

Which is largely irrelevant.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Can anyone recommend an upgrade to the Breton that can be constructed with drops attainable for a new player? I can access all of Mercury and a chunk of Venus.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

BitBasher posted:

Can anyone recommend an upgrade to the Breton that can be constructed with drops attainable for a new player? I can access all of Mercury and a chunk of Venus.

Alsace-Lorraine.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance

Denzine posted:

As someone who runs a max hcal in soma, there's loving zero drawback to running max hcal in soma. You only lose first-shot accuracy.

Which is largely irrelevant.

So if I get Heavy Caliber, does it mean I won't have perfectly accurate first shots? Because I really do like being able to one shot kill plink everything to death like a super Latron :(

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Just started playing this and it's horribly addictive.

What the gently caress on the security hacking minigame though. That is the least-fun loving minigame I have ever seen and I can't believe they haven't removed it yet :psyduck:

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Finally got around to using Oberon (after applying two formas to Rhino, God-King of frames) and...I'm having a blast with 75% efficiency and Reckoning. ALL THE SLAM, ALL THE TIME. (Of course, it will probably drop off once I deal with higher-level enemies than those in the Venus invasion.)

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
You know, all the complaints about this game are true, but there is still nothing more fun than taking #1 damage with a level 8 Penta on a series of Neptune mobdef runs. Helps it's got a single forma, but still, it's running only Serration and blowing away some Nova's tricked-out Soma.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Thank you little pubbie newb, you didn't even know how to revive people, and now I'm out a Lapis pot. At least you know how to now. I'm going to spend the rest of this afternoon wondering how he managed to make it to earth without anybody explaining this to you or upgrading your guns much.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Some random alert pops up today on PS4, a fellow goon and I decide to do it. A couple pubbies join us. Everything's going pretty ok but on the way to extraction, one pubbie decided to rush to an elevator and activate it before the rest of the group reaches it.

The elevator is one of those longer ones, we get annoyed. The pubbie gets killed while we're descending. We rush to reach him and then stand there watching him bleed out while I tossed sticky grenades (e: colored neon pink) on him for good measure.

Are we the problem with today's youth?

Doji Sekushi fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Dec 27, 2013

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Doji Sekushi posted:

Did you teabag him?

If not, that sounds about right. If you're going to rush and abandon your team, you shouldn't expect any help.

Also, dying before the exit isn't a huge deal in Warframe, you just miss out on the mission reward credits or use a revive.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

endlessmonotony posted:

Did you teabag him?

If not, that sounds about right. If you're going to rush and abandon your team, you shouldn't expect any help.

Also, dying before the exit isn't a huge deal in Warframe, you just miss out on the mission reward credits or use a revive.

Tea bags may or may not have been involved.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

NGDBSS posted:

Finally got around to using Oberon (after applying two formas to Rhino, God-King of frames) and...I'm having a blast with 75% efficiency and Reckoning. ALL THE SLAM, ALL THE TIME. (Of course, it will probably drop off once I deal with higher-level enemies than those in the Venus invasion.)

This.

I use Reckoning with equilibrium. At high levels, almost impossible to avoid damage taken if I want to get in the middle of a mob for reckoning - the health orb drops give me energy too. All the slam all the time indeed. I have been doing Varro in Ceres - the smallish map is perfect for reckoning.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Doji Sekushi posted:

A couple pubbies join us.
Did the reasonable pubbie also express their displeasure? :allears:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I "purchased" the free PS+ starter pack back when it went live in November, but now when I launch the game it doesn't acknowledge it (after I downloaded the pack).

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
A funny glitch with Oberon: apparently if you used your heal power at the right moment before you died, you got somewhat revived, but is unable to change your posture from the bleed-out posture, even as you're able to use your powers and your main weapon. So you're like this infant warframe that slowly scooches around on the floor on his butt.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

So as I browsed the pc starmap I noticed a rather peculiar thing; is Tel Regor's head upside down in the stage picture? Just mouse over the boss node he is in and you will see what I mean.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Mindblast posted:

So as I browsed the pc starmap I noticed a rather peculiar thing; is Tel Regor's head upside down in the stage picture? Just mouse over the boss node he is in and you will see what I mean.

Regor wears an upsidedown version of the usual helmet mask for some reason.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
The dojo banner completed, and our proud logo is indeed emblazoned upon it.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance

Valatar posted:

The dojo banner completed, and our proud logo is indeed emblazoned upon it.

It's...beautiful.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Regor wears an upsidedown version of the usual helmet mask for some reason.

And then they made a special upside-down fitting helmet for him and his mask that (I believe) they gave to butchers and eviscerators rather than, say, correcting the mask. Not sure whether that says something good about DE's creative process.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
"I need you to build a metal rod with some fabric with something drawn on it" "Alright, I will need some polymers and also the neural part of an infected creature" :psyduck:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Hey man, Space Feng Shui is expensive. :colbert:

fookolt posted:

It's...beautiful.

I put another one on the other side to match it, as well as a big hanging one in the deuling room, if anyone has some spare polymer bundles they feel like getting rid of.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Dec 27, 2013

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Vauban Systems on Phobos for another 30 minutes.

Kneejerk
Jul 28, 2010

Felt Presence,
Ghostly Humming
So yep, turns out the problem my friend was having was indeed Stalker-related. That makes it four times now that he's been assassinated and none for me, despite the fact that I play more than him and have killed more bosses. What an unlucky guy.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Vauban Systems on Phobos for another 30 minutes.

Goddamnit.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Doji Sekushi posted:

Some random alert pops up today on PS4, a fellow goon and I decide to do it. A couple pubbies join us. Everything's going pretty ok but on the way to extraction, one pubbie decided to rush to an elevator and activate it before the rest of the group reaches it.

The elevator is one of those longer ones, we get annoyed. The pubbie gets killed while we're descending. We rush to reach him and then stand there watching him bleed out while I tossed sticky grenades (e: colored neon pink) on him for good measure.

This. This is GOON clan.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
WarframePC: :siren: Reactor alert on Yam, Sedna, 2 hours left :siren:

edit: this game is making me crazy. fixed.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Dec 27, 2013

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
I was going after some morphics last night and ran the mobile defense right before Nef Anyo. I got seven morphics, this has happened once before. They seem to be the way to go to get some of that annoying poo poo. The only problem is that when you're doing it with pubbies they run off and try to defend a console solo and fail the god drat mission.

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Rinkles posted:

I "purchased" the free PS+ starter pack back when it went live in November, but now when I launch the game it doesn't acknowledge it (after I downloaded the pack).

This was probably a server issue, because I got the pack perks today fine after logging in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

I didn't really like warframe pc, but for some reason I've been having a lot of fun with warframe ps4. Just made it to mars and built myself a boltor. How do I apply for the goon clan? Psn is Valisk.