Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Rythe posted:

Just got my Secret Santa presents from my mysterious Transformer goon.

I know I got a Starscream and a Springer, I think Starscream is from the Fall of Cybertron but not sure about the Springer. I am clueless about the tank guy, he has a sweet samurai vibe going on with him and a really neat hidden sword sheath in the tank turret. To top off the great Transformers I got that awesome Lego creator set and it is amazing I don't have that already, since my Lego collection is stupid big.

Thanks a million for the great toys, I really like the way Springer looks in his helicopter form, he will look great next to the Generations Springer.

Is there a archive of Transformers instructions? I have looked around and haven;t really found one, would be nice for the tank guy, he has a bit going on in the transforming parts.

You're welcome! I'm glad you dig all that stuff, and I'm happy it got there before Christmas. I really enjoyed the Lego Thundercracker a whole back and I was hoping you didn't have him already.

I'm sorry I forgot the instructions; I just thought of including them today. I keep them obsessively so I feel pretty dumb. Blergh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

GD_American posted:

Local news had a piece on Toys for Tots handouts, showed some little kid getting a Generations Metroplex (mighta been mine even) and it blowing his mind. Pure awwwwwwwww in liquid form.

A lot of TF fans have been donating a lot of Metroplexes to various charity gift drives, from what I've seen. A collection outside of a Target near SF had three of them stacked up behind their table.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Keldroc posted:

They fit inside the feet when they fold up against the body for jet mode, or so Google tells me. I've never tried that.

I don't think there would be room for that. I haven't handled an original seeker in years but those fists were pretty big iirc and the feet while decently sized weren't quite that big.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Other posted:

I don't think there would be room for that. I haven't handled an original seeker in years but those fists were pretty big iirc and the feet while decently sized weren't quite that big.

Mine aren't handy but from memory I would have to say you're right. I don't know where the fists would go in jet mode, though. I don't think there's room to cram them in the cockpit, either, and that would just look stupid anyway.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I've been able to cram the seeker fists underneath the plane where the cockpit would go in robot mode. May not look the great from underneath but friction holds them in and it works on both the originals and reissues. It actually holds them in fairly well.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
What's a fair price to ask for Classic Magnus + armor (with box) + add on kit ?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

catch22 posted:

What's a fair price to ask for Classic Magnus + armor (with box) + add on kit ?

I'd say $150 isn't unreasonable.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

BotCon 2014 finally confirmed to be in Pasadena, CA. Unfortunately, the hint for the exclusive toy theme seems to indicate Shattered Glass Beast Wars, which I would say is an amazingly dumb choice for the G1 30th anniversary convention, but...FunPub gonna FunPub.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

If they're going to do a con for G1's 30th Anniversary, do something nuts like BotCon figures that are G1 molds like those eHobby figures in the 2000s.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Something like a G1 mold of someone like Drift or Lockdown would be amazing.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

BizarroAzrael posted:

Something like a G1 mold of someone like Drift or Lockdown would be amazing.
Funpub can only do retools and repaints. They can't do their own interesting mold ideas. On the other hand, they sell at third part prices anyway, so if third party can compete with inferior resources to Hasbro, then it kinda makes you wonder if ... Then again I suppose to push for something like that they'd have to be really dedicated to giving fans what they want, instead of what they rationalize they want.

I wish I could read Keldroc's post and not think "yep, that's FunPub" but it's impossible for those people to go any lower anyway. I hope everyone is looking forward to heroic indestructible Waspinator and surly brutish evil Rhinox, and then a bunch of other blatant zero creativity repaints.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
When Rattrap and Tankor were shown, a bunch of people assumed that 2015 would be SG Beast Wars because they'd finally have enough molds to do it and they wouldn't be able to resist Heroic Tankor versus Evil Rhinox.
Apparently they have a Buttplug Megatron in Optimus Primal colors that's shown up.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

SpikeMcclane posted:

When Rattrap and Tankor were shown, a bunch of people assumed that 2015 would be SG Beast Wars because they'd finally have enough molds to do it and they wouldn't be able to resist Heroic Tankor versus Evil Rhinox.
Apparently they have a Buttplug Megatron in Optimus Primal colors that's shown up.

..."Buttplug Megatron"?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I got Caelus (AKA FoC Swoop) today. He's... a little disappointing. The instructions aren't particularly clear and a lot of the parts that peg together in pteranodon mode barely reach or are tight fits so he's already got a few stress marks on tabs and a wing already popped off from me misinterpreting what to pull. The beak doesn't tab in to the head in pteranodon mode so his face pops out all the time, and the wings don't tab in to the body in robot mode without pulling the shoulder tabs out so they just kind of flap around on his back. The arms also don't go anywhere in pteranodon mode, which gives him a big fat body, but the designers were kind of limited by physics unlike the in-game design so I don't hold that against them.

It's still a better figure than Hasbro FoC Grimlock, but after how much people talked up this company's FoC Omega Supreme I guess I had my expectations set a little high. On the plus side he looks really nice, and has some extra touches that weren't strictly necessary but add to the figure like moving wing claws and flaps on the back. I still plan to buy the rest of the Dinobots if they make them, but if anyone else gets one just be careful on the initial transformation.

Also his big arms prevent him from standing in a proper pteranodon pose, but that'll probably only bug you if you're into dinosaurs like me.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

DoctorWhat posted:

..."Buttplug Megatron"?

The one where you shove a cyberkey up his bumhole.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

SpikeMcclane posted:

The one where you shove a cyberkey up his bumhole.

Oh, yessssssss. Yessssssss! Yes.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gammatron 64 posted:

Oh, yessssssss. Yessssssss! Yes.
Did anyone else hear the voice and not like it :(

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Did anyone else hear the voice and not like it :(

Speaking of that voice: http://youtu.be/KfQeocUHbbY

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So PNW/Seattle goons if you're familiar with Palace Gifts in Chinatown, there was a fire in the building tonight and Steve watched them spray thousands of gallons of water into the windows above his store. Steve is pretty sure all his inventory was destroyed, so once he can get in/get cleaned up, he's going to have a fire sale on whatever is salvagable from the water damage. I know there are terrible things going on in the world but that news ruined my night. Steve has been way too good to the PNW TF community to have something like this happen to him, so I hope its not as bad as he thinks.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Oh, that Kaye. He's a good guy, yesss...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Rage posted:

So PNW/Seattle goons if you're familiar with Palace Gifts in Chinatown, there was a fire in the building tonight and Steve watched them spray thousands of gallons of water into the windows above his store. Steve is pretty sure all his inventory was destroyed, so once he can get in/get cleaned up, he's going to have a fire sale on whatever is salvagable from the water damage. I know there are terrible things going on in the world but that news ruined my night. Steve has been way too good to the PNW TF community to have something like this happen to him, so I hope its not as bad as he thinks.

Oh drat, that's terrible. I'm going to go to Seattle in late January/early Feb, and Palace Gifts is on my to do list after being unaware of its existence last time. I hope he can pull the store through this.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Oh drat, that's terrible. I'm going to go to Seattle in late January/early Feb, and Palace Gifts is on my to do list after being unaware of its existence last time. I hope he can pull the store through this.

We're hoping so too. His online arm is ToyDojo.com with his partner Eddie, but he's not 100% what all he'll be able to salvage/rebuild in the building.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I mostly feel horrible for him, but I am also bummed out because I was gonna blow about $300 there tomorrow.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I got a Covenant of Primus for Christmas. This thing is sweet as hell

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Captain Magic posted:

You're welcome! I'm glad you dig all that stuff, and I'm happy it got there before Christmas. I really enjoyed the Lego Thundercracker a whole back and I was hoping you didn't have him already.

I'm sorry I forgot the instructions; I just thought of including them today. I keep them obsessively so I feel pretty dumb. Blergh.

Yeah man I love everything, I already know where that Lego plane is going to go in my collection, it will probably have something to do with a Batman mini-figure too.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

FINALLY. I thought I'd missed his annual Christmas video. :kiddo:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Guys! There was a new Thew video and no-one said anything!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?L2ScPN5-XEc

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

The_Doctor posted:

Guys! There was a new Thew video and no-one said anything!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?L2ScPN5-XEc

That's because it doesn't exist. :tinfoil:

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2ScPN5-XEc

No clue why the other link didn't work.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

funtax posted:

Here:

Nice 'bonus' at the end there.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Got my Chinese Springer today:

I was expecting this to be super cheap, but it's surprisingly decent. The alt modes hold together very well, though there's some floppiness in robot mode. It's so close to good, I actually wish a different company would rip off the basic design, fix it up a bit, and put out their own Springer.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So does it seem that generations is going to continue through 2014 and co-exist with Age of Extinction? Because I'd hate for the line to go on haiatus again.

I'm still waiting for an official generations Bludgeon figure. I mean I've got the ROTF Bludgeon, HFTD Banzaitron, and GDO Megatron. But still I need one that has the official classics blessing, it just doesn't feel right that TF prime got a brand new Bludgeon and Huffer figure before Generations. :negative:

That and they seem to finally be getting close to releasing way more of the Targetmasters, Powermasters, and Headmaster guys for generations if the computer list is correct. I'm hobnestly tired of realistic vehicles and really want all the weird poo poo that came later on in G1.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Dec 27, 2013

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.
Can someone post the image that shows the IDW reading order starting at Death of Optimus Prime with the sidebar that shows other things worth reading like Spotlight: Wheelie and LSotW?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

funtax posted:

Here:

What the gently caress where is his hair. Where is his hair.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

It's still there, it just slid down his face and is resting on the bottom.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Xenomrph posted:

He mentioned it at the end of his Universe Treadshot review and I got a good laugh out of it.
http://youtu.be/HEinJjEaRlw?t=3m37s

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

He shaved it off because he said the long hair felt gross all the time.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
The trouble with that is once you shave your noggin for a while, even hair a quarter inch long feels long and gross.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Peter Bazooka posted:

Can someone post the image that shows the IDW reading order starting at Death of Optimus Prime with the sidebar that shows other things worth reading like Spotlight: Wheelie and LSotW?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Robots in Disguise #24 is pretty :stare:
Having Megatron appear as an apparent ally just to get loving torn in half exactly one panel later, for example.

Out of all the silly things and the rising casualty count, though, the thing I'm having the hardest time wrapping my head around is Waspinator being shoehorned in and given this crucial role. Amidst all this apocalyptic stuff going on and everyone missing limbs and the Autobot/Decepticon populations being down to apparently like 10 dudes, Waspinator just zipping around with Shockwave and the Undead Titan is so loving surreal.

GrimGypsy fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Dec 27, 2013