Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiNDRiVE
Nov 8, 2012

TotalLossBrain posted:

Nearly all jetskis are direct-drive without gear box. Most 4-stroke Yamahas (MR1 engine) have a reduction gear box.
Jet-pumps start being useless at around 7500 rpm.

The particular 1100 that is pictured above puts out about 110-120 HP, though torque is a much more meaningful number in this application.
The strongest stock Jetski engine made today is a Kawasaki 1498cc 4-stroke, super-charged and intercooled. It's sitting at 310 HP.

The strongest stock 2-stroke made was likely the Yamaha 1200R, a triple-cylinder pushing about 150 HP.

The most impressive 2-strokes in Jetskis are performance engines for standups. Current pants-creamer is the XS1400R, a 2-cylinder, 2-stroke 1400cc engine.

It makes what's shown in this video possible, and keep in mind that it showcases only the older 1200cc engine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbn9ibhpol0

Good video haven't even seen one of those xscream 1400's yet but the dasa 1100 is an arm ripper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
I don't care what it's from, it's a still frame of a burning human corpse that I just had to explain to my extended family on the couch.

MiNDRiVE
Nov 8, 2012

Splizwarf posted:

I don't care what it's from, it's a still frame of a burning human corpse that I just had to explain to my extended family on the couch.

Have they never seen the wars in the stars before?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

MiNDRiVE posted:

Have they never seen the wars in the stars before?

Hey I'm just gonna start posting dead bodies and dicks and butts out of context. It's cool because they're from movies and that makes it ok. Everyone has seen a movie.

:downs:

Is not even like people are asking for it to be removed just loving tagged.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Sorry guys, edited. Forums are family friendly again.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

MiNDRiVE posted:

Good video haven't even seen one of those xscream 1400's yet but the dasa 1100 is an arm ripper.

DASA's are really ported very mildly compared to what XS does to their competition packages. The 1100 from DASA isn't all that spectacular, especially if it's on the +10 mm crank instead of the +16 mm.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Splizwarf posted:

Quit browsing the forums at family events you loving goon.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

tactlessbastard posted:

Quit browsing the forums at family events you loving goon.

I was kinda wondering in what context you would have people watching you browse a forum...

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
What's the rating in Star Wars again? Calm the gently caress down.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Star Wars is loving PG, shut the gently caress up you cry babies

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Holdbrooks posted:

Fixed since apparently not everyone work in medicine and see that type of stuff daily. :doh:

Aren't you a pharmacist?

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

n8r posted:

Aren't you a pharmacist?

Yep, Doctor of pharmacy :science: but I work closely with ICU and ER at my current hospital and will be working quite a bit in the OR at my next one.

E: Also I laughed really hard at the Star Wars pic and the general reaction after.

Holdbrooks fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Dec 27, 2013

A Melted Tarp
Nov 12, 2013

At the date

TotalLossBrain posted:

Nearly all jetskis are direct-drive without gear box. Most 4-stroke Yamahas (MR1 engine) have a reduction gear box.
Jet-pumps start being useless at around 7500 rpm.

The particular 1100 that is pictured above puts out about 110-120 HP, though torque is a much more meaningful number in this application.
The strongest stock Jetski engine made today is a Kawasaki 1498cc 4-stroke, super-charged and intercooled. It's sitting at 310 HP.

The strongest stock 2-stroke made was likely the Yamaha 1200R, a triple-cylinder pushing about 150 HP.

The most impressive 2-strokes in Jetskis are performance engines for standups. Current pants-creamer is the XS1400R, a 2-cylinder, 2-stroke 1400cc engine.

It makes what's shown in this video possible, and keep in mind that it showcases only the older 1200cc engine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbn9ibhpol0

I want that Yamaha 1200R engine in an R6 chassis.

Actually, just give me some sort of insane reed valved 800 or 900cc two stroke on an Aprilia 125 chassis. I want my suicide to involve 120 horsepower of raw, whining fury and 300lbs wet weight.

NeoTokyo22
Sep 23, 2012

old pic but this is off an '02 cougar with the duratec. It turns out they don't like when all 3 cats are plugged

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Brilliant spot to put a rivet.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Probably exceeded max load on the rear seat :smug:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

front wing flexing posted:

Probably exceeded max load on the rear seat :smug:

Yeah, that rubber-on-metal spark action that motorcycles are so famous for. :rolleyes:

Also, the sparks are coming from the wrong direction, unless he's a stuntman riding in reverse at high speed.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Fucknag posted:

Yeah, that rubber-on-metal spark action that motorcycles are so famous for. :rolleyes:

Also, the sparks are coming from the wrong direction, unless he's a stuntman riding in reverse at high speed.

That's def not a photoshop. It for reals happened.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
The sparks could be coming from the trailer beside them.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Or from the grassy knoll.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

KozmoNaut posted:

Or from the grassy knoll.

That's not a very nice thing to call her!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Guys, we Photoshopped that picture here, on these forums. I was here for it. Are your attention spans really that short?

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

Geirskogul posted:

Guys, we Photoshopped that picture here, on these forums. I was here for it. Are your attention spans really that short?

I wouldn't touch GBS with someone else's keyboard :colbert:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Warning, I'd guess this dude had some pretty serious injuries from this, but nothing gory is shown.

Tire explosion caught on video: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9b7_1388141366

Ron Pauls Friend
Jul 3, 2004

`Nemesis posted:

Warning, I'd guess this dude had some pretty serious injuries from this, but nothing gory is shown.

Lucky for him he was thrown clear of the falling 200 lbs tire

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

`Nemesis posted:

Tire inflation cages exist for a reason :stare:

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

Why the hell would you be anywhere near a tire like that when you're seating a bead?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Because in mother Russia, bead seats you

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Soviet Union, motherfucker

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Yes, I'm pretty certain he'll be on his rear end for a little while after that. Cripes that must have hurt to land simultaneously on your head and kneecaps :gonk:

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

EightBit posted:

Tire inflation cages exist for a reason :stare:

Good time as any to post (or possibly repost) this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3_PMhBa_-c

Also, split rims.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Everyday Lurker posted:

Good time as any to post (or possibly repost) this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3_PMhBa_-c

Also, split rims.

When my dad was a young guy he saw a dude more or less gutted by a split rim blowing free. The poor fucker was standing in a pit while his buddy above was bouncing tires down to him.

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008
I've done one 22.5" split rim. I'll never do it again. Even with the cage I kept involuntarily turning a leg inwards to protect my jewels. Unfortunately our large forklift has split rims, but with inner tubes at least.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
And this is why I am getting bolt-together military wheels for my truck, gently caress all that noise. No way in hell do I want anything to do with split rims/locking ring rims.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

Everyday Lurker posted:

Also, split rims.

I've never had to deal with split rims and hope I never do. Having a circle of metal fly at me at millions of miles an hour seems like a lovely way to go.

That video also yielded a genuinely funny YouTube comment.

some dude on youtube posted:

Me and my mates all climb into the cage when we blow one of them up. drat tire can find its own place to hide.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I've done split rims on vintage Vespa scooters I don't see what the big deal is!!!

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
I think my forklift has split rims. :ohdear:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Doesn't your forklift have solid tyres though?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Speaking of horrible failures, anybody got tips for removing rounded off brake line fittings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Vicegrips if you can. and be prepared to recut the line and throw down a new fitting. or just be super lazy and re vice grip the line back to where ever it was it came from.