Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Maybe it's just me, but for me, Girls is a television show that airs on Sundays on HBO.

gently caress OFF!

Girls is a television show that airs on HBO on Sundays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Maybe it's just me, but for me, Girls is a television show that airs on Sundays on HBO.

If I didn't know better, I'd think Girls is an exercise in getting people to write Think-Pieces.

It should be noted that I really like Girls, but like, 95% of people who have ever watched an episode have an incredibly strong reaction to the show, whether it's positive or negative, which is hilarious to me. In a good way.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Cactus posted:

I've never had so many :words: put in my mouth before. They taste like straw.

It's actually the delicious taste of white bread. We've been serving a lot of that lately around here. We've got a real surplus of it.

Also I'm pretty sure Girls is a television show on HBO guys. Sunday nights usually. Get it right.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm just glad we can finally address the channel and night of the week Girls airs on. I've felt that it's on HBO on Sundays for a while now, but I need validation I guess.

vvv Forget food. Arrow is the Saints Row 4 of TV. vvv

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Dec 27, 2013

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
boy, it's almost as if comparing food and media is stupid because you cannot eat a movie or TV show any more than you should watch a hamburger

No that can't be right.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That's how Paula Dean made a living.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yoshifan823 posted:

boy, it's almost as if comparing food and media is stupid because you cannot eat a movie or TV show any more than you should watch a hamburger

No that can't be right.

I would not doubt for a second that there are people here and in CineD that have tried to eat a movie or television show before. It seems like the perfect endgame for those truly too obsessed with media.

And I drat sure know there are people that watch food. There a whole TV channel devoted to it!

Also I'm glad that we've finally put an end to all the controversy surrounding the television show Girls on HBO. That one was a headache for a while but I feel everything will be ok with it going forward.

X-O fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Dec 27, 2013

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Yoshifan823 posted:

It should be noted that I really like Girls, but like, 95% of people who have ever watched an episode have an incredibly strong reaction to the show, whether it's positive or negative, which is hilarious to me. In a good way.

I'll also preface this with the fact that I really like Girls normally and usually have no trouble with interpreting the show with relative certainty... but I am equally torn in mutually exclusive directions about the season 2 finale, and I have absolutely no idea which direction is real. It was either an amazing satire and I loved it, or it was totally sincere and I hated it. The reaction I'm having is pretty much the definition of cognitive dissonance.

Maybe its even more than that. Like, I finally get how that cat in Schrodinger's Box feels, and I'd rather linger in uncertainty than know for sure.

Yoshifan823 posted:

No that can't be right.

Hannibal loves to watch bob's burgers while eating girls. Wait. Thats not right either.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Maybe its even more than that. Like, I finally get how that cat in Schrodinger's Box feels, and I'd rather linger in uncertainty than know for sure.

...No, I- Ugh, you're the worst.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

When I finish with season 5 of The X-Files, should I watch the movie? I remember liking it when it came out, but I was 15 at the time, and people seem pretty down on it now.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

...No, I- Ugh, you're the worst.

If you were about describe the actually meaning of analogy, its cool bro.

I know thats not what its about :)

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
drat, I must have done more drugs than I'd first thought.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

What's the gist of Farscape? Netflix has it up and I've heard good things, but know pretty much nothing about those 90s era sci-fis like it, Babylon 5, Stargate, etc.

All I know is that it's about a human who ends up in deep space with some badass muppets. I guess I'm curious whether there's a running arc or not? Does it get a solid ending or abruptly cancelled? Quality pretty good overall, or does it take awhile to get going? Ya know, that sort of stuff.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

What's the gist of Farscape? Netflix and I've heard good things, but know pretty much nothing about those 90s era sci-fis like it, Babylon 5, Stargate, etc.

All I know is that it's about a human who ends up in deep space with some badass muppets. I guess I'm curious whether there's a running arc or not? Does it get a solid ending or abruptly cancelled? Quality pretty good overall, or does it take awhile to get going? Ya know, that sort of stuff.

It's a good mix of stand alone and arc episodes, the ending is solid but only if Netflix has the mini-series conclusion up, called Peacekeeper Wars and quality is good to start with, gets better quickly. It's the best science fiction show of the 90s, though SG1 isn't far behind.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

When I finish with season 5 of The X-Files, should I watch the movie? I remember liking it when it came out, but I was 15 at the time, and people seem pretty down on it now.

Yes, the first movie is good, it's the second one that's god-awful shite.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Attention Americans!

I'm on a mission from the once Great Britain, where TV is a barren void of entertainment. Anyone seeking comedy will be no doubt aware that the schedules are full of poo poo these days, and any Brits recommending shows will generally go back decades and suggest (truly great) things like Spaced, Red Dwarf, The Day Today, Black Books etc. With a single decent sitcom left (Peep Show, which has taken about 15 years to produce about 40 episodes), it's not often we can say 'Oy mates, there be something on telly boxes that is worth watching!', but today is one of those days!

You see, what essentially killed scripted comedy in the UK is the panel show. For some reason you guys never really took to it, the closest non poo poo example is @Midnight which is brill. There was that Kurt Braunohler show a year or two ago, but that doesn't come under 'non poo poo' sadly. Panel shows are essentially excuses to put comedians in a room and not really compete to win a quiz, but to just have a laugh. American TV execs think you guys don't understand this oh-so-difficult concept so that's what you don't get them I guess.

Anyway, passive aggression over. On with the point!

These are the contestants for this years Big Fat Quiz of the Year. 'A bunch of bloody Brits I never heard of' I hear you say, but look closer. That there is Kristen Schaal. Kristen has broken tradition of being a good US comic who goes on a UK show and then kinda just sits there in confusion for the entire episode, contributing nothing and depressing those of us who tuned in just to watch them (David Cross on Nevermind The Buzzcocks is coming to mind, although I can't specifically remember why). No, Kristen, who I'm aware can sometimes be hit and miss, absolutely loving EMBRACES the format from the word go. She is your entry point into watching this.

So what is this blasted thing you want us to watch, and why?

Once a year, host Jimmy Carr (he's our Anthony Jeselnik I guess, except with tax avoidance!) puts together 3 teams of 2 comedians and asks questions about the events of the year. Some are British orientated, but don't worry about those - the TV round was a complete blank to me because I refuse to watch the awful stuff. Some of the answers you'll know, some you won't. The contestants generally know next to nothing and will instead respond with funny/offensive comebacks instead. That's it! Simple stuff. As with most years, the quiz completely breaks down by the end of the night (it's quite long) and it's generally laugh out loud funny for the whole time, in my opinion.

So, to introduce the teams to you

Team 1
Jack Whitehall - opinions are split on Jack, he's quite a posh studenty kind of comic and I can see why that winds people up. I only really know him through this show, and I think some of his stuff is pretty funny.
Jonathan Ross - has been involved with TV for what feels like decades. Was the reason that Russell Brand got kicked off the BBC when the two of them made mean prank phone calls to an old man. It genuinely seemed funny at the time, but bad in reflection. He's a good guy, I don't really know who to compare him to. I can see him being friends with Craig Ferguson though, if that helps?

Team 2
Dara O'Birian - Irish comedian, generally known for being host of Mock the Week - a panel show on the BBC that is more popular than it really deserves to be. He's a pretty funny and likeable guy though.
Kristen Schaal - she's one of you, your gateway to the 'I don't understand this question' because generally Kristen won't either. The voice of Louise in Bob's Burgers, the best animated show on US TV. Maybe tied with Archer.

Team 3
Noel Fielding - an odd chap, again is love/hated by the public depending on your tastes. Most known for The Mighty Boosh, which started great but went poo poo in its last year. Was a hipster before Britain knew what hipsters were I guess.
Richard Ayaode - mostly known for The IT Crowd, which isn't as good as people say but is one of the last few tolerable British sitcoms. Should be known more for his great film 'Submarine', and he directed that amazing 'My Dinner with Andre' episode of Community. He's pretty excellent.

There's a fair few Americans popping up asking questions, including Paul Rudd, Will Ferrell and Steve Carrell. You know them!

One more thing...

You possibly don't know who Danny Dyer is. That's fine, in fact - that's enviable. He was known for being a 'tough guy' in various films (some decent, most shite - he's the king of Straight to Video movies over here), for thinking he's well tough in real life, and now he's sunk to the bottom of his career and is in one of our dreadful soap operas.

What he's just as well known for, is this response in one of our trash 'lads mags'

He's a prick essentially, and someone who I don't imagine has much of a sense of humour about themselves. So it's especially fun to see the comedians poke fun at him for about 5 minutes while he tries to get his question out. Worth watching for that alone. He does his best to pretend he's cool with it, but he's not a very good actor.

Right, I've got a spare 90 minutes or so because US TV kinda just shuts down at Xmas for some reason. Also you won't shut up and I want for the words to stop. How do I watch this thing?

OK this is where it might get tricky, because being in the UK it's a lot easier for me.

Here's the link to the episode: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/big-fat-quiz/4od#3624116

I believe if you run Hola in Firefox specifically (according to a Facebook post I read) then you should be fine. I guess? Try it - http://www.hola.org

Anyone with any resourcefulness will be able to find it online if you can't get this working.

Enjoy!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

EL BROMANCE posted:

and now he's sunk to the bottom of his career and is in one of our dreadful soap operas.

Hey, I quite like EastEnders and I :negative:

I'll try and check it out tonight, my TV queue is quite empty at the moment.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

What's the gist of Farscape? Netflix has it up and I've heard good things, but know pretty much nothing about those 90s era sci-fis like it, Babylon 5, Stargate, etc.

I'm watching through it now and someone coined it as a low-budget Mass Effect TV show. Yes, there are badass muppets and everything comes with this really weird alien vibe (because, you know, this guy just got sent to the other corner of the universe and is experiencing a lot of weird alien stuff). The CG is horrendous as is some plots and dialogue but it makes up for it.

The first 6 episodes are kinda rough in that they were all made prior to the show getting picked up. Once you pass those, there's quite a lot of good character development and stories. I was very surprised by how much the characters grew on me.

Please note that Netflix has the episodes in the wrong order so go by this order. I've also discovered the first couple of second season episodes are out of order on Netflix as well so keep an eye out.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

EL BROMANCE posted:

Attention Americans!

I'm on a mission from the once Great Britain, where TV is a barren void of entertainment. Anyone seeking comedy will be no doubt aware that the schedules are full of poo poo these days, and any Brits recommending shows will generally go back decades and suggest (truly great) things like Spaced, Red Dwarf, The Day Today, Black Books etc. With a single decent sitcom left (Peep Show, which has taken about 15 years to produce about 40 episodes), it's not often we can say 'Oy mates, there be something on telly boxes that is worth watching!', but today is one of those days!

You see, what essentially killed scripted comedy in the UK is the panel show. For some reason you guys never really took to it, the closest non poo poo example is @Midnight which is brill. There was that Kurt Braunohler show a year or two ago, but that doesn't come under 'non poo poo' sadly. Panel shows are essentially excuses to put comedians in a room and not really compete to win a quiz, but to just have a laugh. American TV execs think you guys don't understand this oh-so-difficult concept so that's what you don't get them I guess.

Anyway, passive aggression over. On with the point!

These are the contestants for this years Big Fat Quiz of the Year. 'A bunch of bloody Brits I never heard of' I hear you say, but look closer. That there is Kristen Schaal. Kristen has broken tradition of being a good US comic who goes on a UK show and then kinda just sits there in confusion for the entire episode, contributing nothing and depressing those of us who tuned in just to watch them (David Cross on Nevermind The Buzzcocks is coming to mind, although I can't specifically remember why). No, Kristen, who I'm aware can sometimes be hit and miss, absolutely loving EMBRACES the format from the word go. She is your entry point into watching this.

So what is this blasted thing you want us to watch, and why?

Once a year, host Jimmy Carr (he's our Anthony Jeselnik I guess, except with tax avoidance!) puts together 3 teams of 2 comedians and asks questions about the events of the year. Some are British orientated, but don't worry about those - the TV round was a complete blank to me because I refuse to watch the awful stuff. Some of the answers you'll know, some you won't. The contestants generally know next to nothing and will instead respond with funny/offensive comebacks instead. That's it! Simple stuff. As with most years, the quiz completely breaks down by the end of the night (it's quite long) and it's generally laugh out loud funny for the whole time, in my opinion.

So, to introduce the teams to you

Team 1
Jack Whitehall - opinions are split on Jack, he's quite a posh studenty kind of comic and I can see why that winds people up. I only really know him through this show, and I think some of his stuff is pretty funny.
Jonathan Ross - has been involved with TV for what feels like decades. Was the reason that Russell Brand got kicked off the BBC when the two of them made mean prank phone calls to an old man. It genuinely seemed funny at the time, but bad in reflection. He's a good guy, I don't really know who to compare him to. I can see him being friends with Craig Ferguson though, if that helps?

Team 2
Dara O'Birian - Irish comedian, generally known for being host of Mock the Week - a panel show on the BBC that is more popular than it really deserves to be. He's a pretty funny and likeable guy though.
Kristen Schaal - she's one of you, your gateway to the 'I don't understand this question' because generally Kristen won't either. The voice of Louise in Bob's Burgers, the best animated show on US TV. Maybe tied with Archer.

Team 3
Noel Fielding - an odd chap, again is love/hated by the public depending on your tastes. Most known for The Mighty Boosh, which started great but went poo poo in its last year. Was a hipster before Britain knew what hipsters were I guess.
Richard Ayaode - mostly known for The IT Crowd, which isn't as good as people say but is one of the last few tolerable British sitcoms. Should be known more for his great film 'Submarine', and he directed that amazing 'My Dinner with Andre' episode of Community. He's pretty excellent.

There's a fair few Americans popping up asking questions, including Paul Rudd, Will Ferrell and Steve Carrell. You know them!

One more thing...

You possibly don't know who Danny Dyer is. That's fine, in fact - that's enviable. He was known for being a 'tough guy' in various films (some decent, most shite - he's the king of Straight to Video movies over here), for thinking he's well tough in real life, and now he's sunk to the bottom of his career and is in one of our dreadful soap operas.

What he's just as well known for, is this response in one of our trash 'lads mags'

He's a prick essentially, and someone who I don't imagine has much of a sense of humour about themselves. So it's especially fun to see the comedians poke fun at him for about 5 minutes while he tries to get his question out. Worth watching for that alone. He does his best to pretend he's cool with it, but he's not a very good actor.

Right, I've got a spare 90 minutes or so because US TV kinda just shuts down at Xmas for some reason. Also you won't shut up and I want for the words to stop. How do I watch this thing?

OK this is where it might get tricky, because being in the UK it's a lot easier for me.

Here's the link to the episode: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/big-fat-quiz/4od#3624116

I believe if you run Hola in Firefox specifically (according to a Facebook post I read) then you should be fine. I guess? Try it - http://www.hola.org

Anyone with any resourcefulness will be able to find it online if you can't get this working.

Enjoy!

I think this was the best Big Fat Quiz yet, with the possible exception of the Big Fat Quiz of the 90s, when Jack Whitehall had to face Blobby. Even the "joke" team (Jack and Jonathan) was pretty funny. ESPECIALLY compared to that year when David Walliams and Miranda Hart sucked all life out of the show.
Noel Fielding can be one-note, and I have zero interest in his stand up, but when you have a mix of comedians like this I think he's quite welcome. Really, that's pretty much the genius of panel shows in the first place. There's too many of them, but they only ever really suck if the banter between the panel never really gets going (Was It Something I Said comes to mind, which should be much better given the cast).

I don't know how it happend, but I've really warmed up to Jimmy Carr and think he's quite excellent now. His prewritten jokes are almost always endearingly horrible, and/but he is great with banter and comebacks and thus makes a perfect host for shows like this. I also have to say, the episode of 8 Out Of 10 Cats they shot right after news of his tax evation hit the airwaves is quite a sight to be seen.

Being British certainly helps when it comes to them mentioning C-list celebs like that The Only Way Is Essex girl. But I'm not British either and that's never really stopped me from enjoying the shows. And really, you pick a lot of the references up along the way. If you know Jersey Shore, it's really not that hard to get a joke about Geordie Shore even without having seen it.

DominoDancing fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Dec 27, 2013

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Outside the Danny Dyer bit it was a bit of a rubbish show, not one that I would really recommend to Americans. There was nothing particularly funny and all the good bits were things you get in every one(Charles Dance, Mitchams Primary School). If you're really interested there's the one with Mr. Blobby and the one with Russell Brand and Noel Fielding from before Russ was famous and Noel was poo poo.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Spatula City posted:

oh my god, it's the same actress as Ruby MK.1, wtf. How could she be pretty decent on Supernatural and disastrous on Arrow? :iiam:

Yeah I don't know why she's so bad in Arrow.

raditts posted:

Speaking of which though, I've been watching Supernatural on Netflix with my wife, and comparing Katie Cassidy then with now, it's like goddamn she got her entire face replaced with aftermarket parts.

It throws me off whenever she appears in Arrow because she looks like she's been replaced with a real doll based on her.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Dec 27, 2013

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

It throws me off whenever she appears in Arrow because she looks like she's been replaced with a real doll based on her.

Wow. Had to google what she looks like now since I don't watch Arrow (yet), and yep. That's a Ruby realdoll

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Deadpool posted:

It's actually the delicious taste of white bread. We've been serving a lot of that lately around here. We've got a real surplus of it.

Also I'm pretty sure Girls is a television show on HBO guys. Sunday nights usually. Get it right.

No, if TV is bread, then Girls is the marmite that gets spread all over it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

quote:

Once a year, host Jimmy Carr (he's our Anthony Jeselnik I guess, except with tax avoidance!)

That's not fair, Jimmy Carr can be funny sometimes.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I like Kristen Schaal, Jimmy Carr, and Richard Ayaode quite a bit but every time I've ever tried to watch one of these panel shows you guys have I don't like them at all. So I'm conflicted.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
You mean actors aren't funny without scripted dialogue :monocle:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sex House actually did deserve all the praise it got. It was what America wanted to see.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
edit: ^^^^ Also, this.

I only overhype shows in order to be heard above the normal white noise of everyone else's posts.

:smug:

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Yoshifan823 posted:

No that can't be right.

On the next episode of Hannibal, Dr. Lector prepares the star of his favorite TV show a very special dish. Wonder bread, aerosol cheese product, and sliced talkshow host.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

mrking posted:

On the next episode of Hannibal, Dr. Lector prepares the star of his favorite TV show a very special dish. Wonder bread, aerosol cheese product, and sliced talkshow host.

Can Hannibal make Guy Fieri editable?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Rarity posted:

If you're really interested there's the one with Mr. Blobby and the one with Russell Brand and Noel Fielding from before Russ was famous and Noel was poo poo.

I thought this one was a good intro to Americans simply because Kristen offers an American viewpoint throughout, which would be fun to watch along with. The Mr Blobby bit was great, but will mean absolutely nothing to kids who didn't grow up with that damned monster (and the accompanying song).

Not sure what you mean about 'before Russ was famous', dude has been huge years before BFQ started, from like 2003 onwards. Big Brothers Big Mouth escalated him to a height where everyone knew who this guy was. I agree, him and Jonathan together are the best.

I don't watch panel shows normally: there's too many of them, I don't care about most of the guests, it's generally an excuse to use old standup material and I just burnt out. Can't even be bothered about QI or HIGNFY most of the time now. But there's something about BFQ that really works for me, and I thought last nights was genuinely great (I went in simply hoping it wouldn't suck). Slight inebriation undoubtedly helped, but I love how it just falls apart each year.

Can't remember if I watched last years or not, or was in such a haze I won't remember it at all, so might queue that up for this evening.

DominoDancing posted:

I don't know how it happend, but I've really warmed up to Jimmy Carr and think he's quite excellent now. His prewritten jokes are almost always endearingly horrible, and/but he is great with banter and comebacks and thus makes a perfect host for shows like this. I also have to say, the episode of 8 Out Of 10 Cats they shot right after news of his tax evation hit the airwaves is quite a sight to be seen.

I don't think I've seen his last two DVDs, but yeah despite the fact that C4 completely overloaded our screens with him a few years ago, he's pretty funny and is a good host. That quiz show he did years back was pretty good, the one with non-famous contestants doing fairly awful things? I've not watched much 8 Out of 10 Cats, but I was surprised to the quality of the Countdown episodes they did. They could've (and should've) toned down the air of misogyny though.

quote:

Being British certainly helps when it comes to them mentioning C-list celebs like that The Only Way Is Essex girl. But I'm not British either and that's never really stopped me from enjoying the shows. And really, you pick a lot of the references up along the way. If you know Jersey Shore, it's really not that hard to get a joke about Geordie Shore even without having seen it.

Yeah, I've never sat through a moment of TOWIE or Chelsea, so I didn't know who those people are but the message is quite blatant. In the roundup at the beginning of that round, showing the year of UK telly... I could name maybe 2 or 3 shows (Bake Off), but I hadn't even seen those. Nothing made me think I've missed out to be honest, and I forgot about Sex Box completely. I kind of wish I'd seen it, as that was the bonkers C4 I used to love growing up.

raditts posted:

That's not fair, Jimmy Carr can be funny sometimes.

Haha, I think Jeselnik completely suits the material he's delivering. He sounds sincere, while you genuinely know he's not, but has a wonderful sneer to it. He's a hatable character played incredibly well.

Deadpool posted:

I like Kristen Schaal, Jimmy Carr, and Richard Ayaode quite a bit but every time I've ever tried to watch one of these panel shows you guys have I don't like them at all. So I'm conflicted.

Schaal was better last night than I've seen her on pretty much anything, including her special. She got the format completely, and was happy to shout out her brand of craziness and the audience receipted to it well. Ayaode wasn't quite as busy, but I'm sure he's always pretty quiet on these things. His comments about Robin Thicke were particularly excellent though, I'm glad he was back. Carr is pretty much standard Carr, no bad thing.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Just saw the first commercial for the next season of THE FOLLOWING. I need to take a shower now.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I really liked that Big Fat Quiz, especially for a reminder to anyone who thinks that British television isn't as bad as American television.

I mean seriously, Sex Box.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Deadpool posted:

Not even QI? I can't imagine someone not finding at least something to like with QI.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

I really liked that Big Fat Quiz, especially for a reminder to anyone who thinks that British television isn't as bad as American television.

Speaking as a Brit I seriously think this is an objectively wrong opinion to have

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

raditts posted:

Not even QI? I can't imagine someone not finding at least something to like with QI.

I'm British and I think QI is boring, overly long drivel populated mainly by intolerable, uncharismatic has-beens.

I do like Stephen Fry though.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

I'm British and I think QI is boring, overly long drivel populated mainly by intolerable, uncharismatic has-beens.

I do like Stephen Fry though.

You are deeply and profoundly broken inside.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

BrooklynBruiser posted:

I've watched QI since the beginning and even I admit it's getting stale. The show has really felt like it's going through the motions for at least a couple of seasons now.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

BrooklynBruiser posted:

Ding-dong! You're wrong!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009
At least QI haven't done any panels about Islam that I know of.

• Locked thread