Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life
Onstad said on Thanksgiving last month that he was no longer working on the holidays, calm down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

cletepurcel posted:

Onstad said on Thanksgiving last month that he was no longer working on the holidays, calm down.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
:siren:NEW STRIP:siren:

Scrambles... :smith:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

SCRAMBLES!

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

And now, in addition to the Joe Satriani of pissin' chicks off, we have the Cal Ripken of not making rent.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

:smith: I guess Scrambles never got that water. Also, alt text

Two of the last four panels are....illuminating.

Ubik posted:

And now, in addition to the Joe Satriani of pissin' chicks off, we have the Cal Ripken of not making rent.

Don't forget bein' the Thomas Edison of handing a dude his rear end.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Is that a 1973 Honda Civic?

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Can someone remind me who Scrambles is?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
His name is Scrambles, and he's lost.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
This story obviously takes place in the land of the decades-old reference. Maybe we'll finally get to see that drum machine up in action!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Still waiting on some closure as to who put that hair on Ray's dang nachos, too.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Probably the same person who had some delight on the back of his couch.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Whatever happened with Satan's Banjo? And how come we've never seen Pat's sister or her husband that Ray boned

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

And who stole his laundry? Pat never really answered the question.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Who just got yelled at?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Teodor did.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
This is a strong contender for best opening line to any Achewood ever.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Add "five ounce garlic shart" to my list of phrases I'm dying to use somewhere but I never remember when an appropriate situation comes up.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Took a couple reads for me to realize there's no way Teodor is coming out of this with Penny in his life.

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Took a couple reads for me to realize there's no way Teodor is coming out of this with Penny in his life.

Yeah, for some reason it took me a few tries to parse that last panel.

Indie Rocktopus
Feb 20, 2012

In the aeroplane
over the sea

With Penny, Scrambles... dropped plot threads from over the years... I wonder if Onstad is building towards some kind of concluding arc? Could this be the end of Achewood?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Indie Rocktopus posted:

With Penny, Scrambles... dropped plot threads from over the years... I wonder if Onstad is building towards some kind of concluding arc? Could this be the end of Achewood?

It definitely has the feel of "wrapping a few things up before calling it a day", doesn't it? :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Onstad just keeps twisting the knife re: Scrambles :ohdear:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It definitely has the feel of "wrapping a few things up before calling it a day", doesn't it? :smith:

It's yawn inducing whatever it is.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I don't see this as all. If anything, he seems happily re-engaged with the universe he's created.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Can Ray just buy Airwolf again? :(

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Teodore's calm resignation regarding his circumstances is more depressing than Roast Beef's constant despair. :smith:

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
I want a T-shirt that says Dutch Oven Superstar but I am too old to have some kind of nonsense on a T-shirt.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

You can do anything you want in life. Become the ruling body.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ryonguy posted:

I want a T-shirt that says Dutch Oven Superstar but I am too old to have some kind of nonsense on a T-shirt.

How do you feel about jerks?

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
A friend and I got drunk and designed/purchased matching T-shirts referencing a panel of a Half Life 2 fancomic. So I've already been down this road before.

Said friend isn't one anymore due to my being a jerk, and having bonded quite a bit over Achewood this thread is sometimes painful.

tacoman165
Feb 9, 2005
You better hope Teodor kept that "Legend of Sleepy Hollow" LP lying around.

satan!!!
Nov 7, 2012
Can someone explain the meaning of the car having two badges? I assume it indicates poverty/despair/misery somehow but I can't figure it out.

e: Apparently Criollo isn't a type of car, now I really have no idea.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

satan!!! posted:

e: Apparently Criollo isn't a type of car, now I really have no idea.
I think that's the point.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

treasureplane posted:

I don't see this as all. If anything, he seems happily re-engaged with the universe he's created.
Maybe he's just using 'wrapping up an old thing' as a way to motorvate himself into peeling out.

Uatu The Lurker
Sep 14, 2003

I can say no more!
Already I have over stayed my time in this ephemeral sphere!
Since we're all askin' questions, I gotta question: what the gently caress happened to Vlad's hair during The Badass Games? http://www.achewood.com/index.php/index.php?date=06082006

Has he been rockin' a piece this whole time, and just thought he'd look harder for the BaGs without it, or what?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Sometimes dudes shave their heads if they live someplace warm.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Mister J posted:

Since we're all askin' questions, I gotta question: what the gently caress happened to Vlad's hair during The Badass Games? http://www.achewood.com/index.php/index.php?date=06082006

Has he been rockin' a piece this whole time, and just thought he'd look harder for the BaGs without it, or what?

I never noticed that Vlad works at a pawn shop before, but it makes perfect sense.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
I don't buy the idea of "wrapping up unfinished plot threads" because this is not in keeping with the kind of absurdist existentialism that underlies the comic itself. Putting things in neat boxes is a crutch, in reality, all of our plotlines go unfinished.

So I reckon he's just poring back over older comics from before the golden age and looking for a foundation to get back to his roots.

That or he's betrayed the very basis of absurdism that has made this comic great. That too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I never noticed that Vlad works at a pawn shop before, but it makes perfect sense.

Wow I didn't know that symbol meant anything. Today is a day of learning!