Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
S14 truck enclosure in progress.

A RB25 turbo setup on a RB26 because I wanted to look at something.

The T6 manifold on the shipping table. Screw this thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilersquirrel
Oct 16, 2004
My little sister is awesome and bought me this account.
If you're on a Delta Dental plan don't go to Maxine Moncrieffe off Alafaya and 50 in that medical/insurance complex. Just drive out to one of other DDSs that accept Delta in Oviedo or the west side.

Her office did the shittiest job on fillings ever, sunburned the gently caress out of my gums and lips curing the fillings, and tried to pull shady car dealer tactics for unnecessary services like crazy. I can only imagine the poo poo they try to pull once you're drugged up.

Not really car related but they will charge you top dollar for the dental equivalent of booger welds.

e: they also skimped on the novocaine at first, fuckers.

Kilersquirrel fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Dec 18, 2013

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
What is the purpose of the loop just before the flange for the turbo?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

mutt2jeff posted:

What is the purpose of the loop just before the flange for the turbo?

Probably best way to route for wastegate.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

meatpimp posted:

Probably best way to route for wastegate.

Bingo. Had to be a single wastegate in this application.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

rscott posted:

Getting dental insurance that doesn't cost more than the total amount of benefits they would pay out over a year seems to be impossible from what I've seen.

That is, like, because they want to make money. Also: insurance to prevent catastrophic damage or handle it is one thing, but if you're looking for something to split big ugly payments up into smaller payments every month, that's called a payment plan.

Yes, I know this sucks.

ultimateforce posted:

Nah, my wisdom teeth need to go. My jaw aches pretty much every day and makes wearing a welding helmet the drizzling shits. They also said that the years I wasn't being so tooth crazy have basically ruined them and they are going to rot out anyway.

A year ago they had to numb my whole mouth to properly scrape the poo poo off my teeth, this time my gums hardly even bled when they flossed them (except for these loving wisdom teeth again). :smug:

Hey if I wasn't such a dumbass my whole life I'd have nice teeth right now. Wowee!!
Jesus gently caress. That really blows. Somehow I escaped any serious consequences from my few years of being a lovely disgusting goon and not taking care of my teeth, in fact the dentist complimented me on how clean and well kept they were and said to keep up the good work... after several years of barely brushing. This was in ~2008, I decided to stop being a retard after that.

The Midniter posted:

^^^^^ Haha suck it dude, I had eleven baby teeth pulled over the course of a single summer to make room for the adult teeth, then the tragedy below for a total of fifteen. Who can topple my record??

I had my wisdom teeth out at 18 on my mom's Cadillac insurance plan. They gave me a valium drip to calm me down, then nitrous to put me out. Guess what? I loving woke up during the middle of the surgery (four impacted teeth that all needed to come out), with the surgeon gripping the tooth cracker with both hands and one foot up on the tray next to me for leverage.

The best part? I was so drugged up at the time I thought it was hilarious, not terrifying at all. I promptly closed my eyes and drifted back into dreamworld. Soon thereafter I flirted poorly with the recovery nurse, flipped her off jokingly on my part but she thought I was serious, and sang "How Sweet It Is" to no one in particular.

Drugs are fun!!

That blows, but this guy has it worse. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=340316

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
I hit on the nurse, then when she turned away from my advances I told her I was going pick up hot chicks at the 7-11 across the street with my 'charming smile.'

I was bleeding profusely with gauze shoved in my cheeks and I don't even like women what the gently caress was in that gas.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

:siren: No black 10px boarder on these images. :siren:

Took some quick product photos for the website today.

Professional photo booth.

Billet collectors.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
those billet collectors are nifty but are they more cost effective vs having you weld one up?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

How big are the tubes on the collector and how much would one cost?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Holdbrooks posted:

those billet collectors are nifty but are they more cost effective vs having you weld one up?

About the same after all the labor involved.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Cakefool posted:

How big are the tubes on the collector and how much would one cost?

1.25" and I think the collectors are going to retail for around $500. They still aren't listed for public sale yet, we are getting a batch without our logo embossed on them for the general public.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
Please fabricate one of these.

https://www.mdewtree.com

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

3 months, ha.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Rich got a bug-eye WRX and boy does that take me back. I wish I would have gotten one back in the day over a stupid Mazdaspeed Protege.

Live and learn I guess?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Go grab yourself a 9-2x. It's just as fun as a bug-eye, and isn't eye-searingly ugly.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

West SAAB Story posted:

Go grab yourself a 9-2x. It's just as fun as a bug-eye, and isn't eye-searingly ugly.

I wish I could find one of these at all here in Ontario.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

8ender posted:

I wish I could find one of these at all here in Ontario.

Heres two.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Automatic and too expensive. Although I had no idea they did the 9-2x all the way till 2006. The ones I was looking at we're bugeye era ones. I'll have to keep that in mind.

8ender fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 23, 2013

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

West SAAB Story posted:

Saving up to buy a Corvette.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

ultimateforce posted:

You say Corvette, but I read Firebird.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
Saab 9-2 Aeros are very uncommon in Orlando

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

CarForumPoster posted:

Saab 9-2 Aeros are very uncommon in Orlando
Especially since I moved. :downs:

The 9-2x was only produced in 05 and 06. 06 Aero manuals are super-rare. They made less than 700.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

West SAAB Story posted:

You say Corvette, but I read Firebird.

"It's got the 'Vette engine." :smug:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Do you have a mullet and a pube stache?

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
If you don't keep the tape player and jam out to it you're not cool. :colbert:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
"That's what I love about these high school girls, man.. I get older, they stay the same age".

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Oh good, I'm not the only one who can drat near quote that whole movie. :350:

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
This thread just took a turn in the right direction, I tell you what.

ironblock
Aug 23, 2013

Screw practicality, best 1 mile commute ever.

ultimateforce posted:

I went to my local Chevy dealer to ask about C7s, and they said to get one now you have to pay $20k over list and wait most of next year. I had to wave my expensive watch in the sales guy's face before he'd even agree to let me sit in it, but the keys were locked in the boss' office, and he was predictably gone for Christmas.

Anyways, the point is that Corvettes fuckin' rule, and you should get one. I'm saving for that C7, but I think it's gonna take a while :saddowns:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I have a rather dumb question for you, UF (shocking, I know): how feasible is it to use a procharger/turbo set up instead of the TT setup on the GTR's that you get in? Is it not worth it compared to twin-turbos? I know a few people who are looking to twin-charge their Cobalt SS's so that got me thinking about how good a setup like that would be on a different car.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

There is like zero extra room in the Skyline engine bay as it is, I think that would be the main problem from the start.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Tusen Takk posted:

I have a rather dumb question for you, UF (shocking, I know): how feasible is it to use a procharger/turbo set up instead of the TT setup on the GTR's that you get in? Is it not worth it compared to twin-turbos? I know a few people who are looking to twin-charge their Cobalt SS's so that got me thinking about how good a setup like that would be on a different car.

Read around the Cobalt forum and you'll find that a twin-charged setup on our cars is a waste of time. It'd be better to do a LSJ-T swap.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Read around the Cobalt forum and you'll find that a twin-charged setup on our cars is a waste of time. It'd be better to do a LSJ-T swap.

I would be curious what cars twin-charging ISN'T a waste of time on. It seems like only when you need to eek out that extra bit of power in certain applications is twin-charging worth it.

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007

Lightbulb Out posted:

I would be curious what cars twin-charging ISN'T a waste of time on. It seems like only when you need to eek out that extra bit of power in certain applications is twin-charging worth it.

Here's a road application: the VAG 1.4 TSi - 170 hp. Better mileage than the N/A 2.0 and more power. I have no idea what the longevity would be though.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Lightbulb Out posted:

There was a compound charged big block marine engine in last month's Hot Rod magazine. 2,500hp pretty much on tap at all times.

If you are going for more than one power-adder just run nitrous like God intended. Come on, people!

ultimateforce fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Dec 27, 2013

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

My grandparents had the exact same Fleetwood Bounder as in the show Breaking Bad at one point. What engine came in it? Theirs was gasoline.

I can't find poo poo online about it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Probably a big block Chevy or Mopar.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I think 80s Bounders are a Chevy 454. They're built on a Chevy P30 chassis like most 80s motorhomes.

The usual motorhome maintenance nightmares apply: cooling is extremely fun. Motorhomes combine the best expensive problems of domestic American work vehicles with the best expensive problems of owning a house.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Dec 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

That is what I was wanting to find out. Big blocks are my new thing to obsess over.

• Locked thread