Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Yuriy posted:

Riff Raff would be a Kevin Federline level heel

Riff Raff as the Higher Power. Book it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Chris Jericho ‏@IAmJericho posted:

Ok guys here's the deal...Im not coming back anytime soon next year! No secrets, no shenanigans, no plans. Sorry!! I still love you tho...

Sure you're not. :v:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The best one was Tensai denying he was coming back to WWE the day before he debuted as Tensai.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I can't link it from here but Mark Henry was in a bit of a Twitter spat with Sinn Bodhi and Jake Roberts last night. Apparently Mark 'buried' Bodhi on some talk show, saying the Kizarney gimmick was poo poo, and Bodhi reacted as you'd expect.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

By speaking in gibberish?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The replies were in that stupid OccAsionAL CaPS LOCk thing he does, IIRC. Jake and Bodhi are tight apparently?

The highlight was Mizzark saying he'd tear Bodhi's skin off with his bare hands.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

The replies were in that stupid OccAsionAL CaPS LOCk thing he does, IIRC. Jake and Bodhi are tight apparently?

The highlight was Mizzark saying he'd tear Bodhi's skin off with his bare hands.

From what I heard, Jake trained Bohdi and worked as his agent for a while, getting him bookings.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Jake had a "retirement" match with Kizarny a few times. One on a PWG show.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm surprised he could even post, considering Twizzitter isn't even a valid URL.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Mark Henry posted:

"I buried no one.I spoke my truth. It burned out before it started,work was good gimmic wasn't."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah, Henry's right on the money there, that gimmick was poo poo. Though I'm not sure Sexual Chocolate has room to be throwing stones.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Endorph posted:

Yeah, Henry's right on the money there, that gimmick was poo poo. Though I'm not sure Sexual Chocolate has room to be throwing stones.

In the Attitude Era Sexual Chocolate was a perfectly fine gimmick, hell he even got over with it somewhat. Not a single person ever gave a poo poo about Kizarny.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Plus I doubt Henry thinks of Sexual Chocolate as the second coming of Ric Flair or anything. He likely laughs it off when anyone asks and points down at the pile of money he's sitting on.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Weren't a lot of Henry's gimmicks designed specifically to get him to quit?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

kizarney loving sucks

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

Weren't a lot of Henry's gimmicks designed specifically to get him to quit?

Pretty much, because he was on a guaranteed 10-year contract, and he really was pretty terrible back then, so they tried drat near everything to get him to quit so they wouldn't need to honour the rest of his contract.

And Mark being Mark, he held them to every penny of the contract.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

yea ok posted:

kizarney loving sucks

I saw him wrestle MVP live and let me tell you it was a wrestling match.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

VogeGandire posted:

Pretty much, because he was on a guaranteed 10-year contract, and he really was pretty terrible back then, so they tried drat near everything to get him to quit so they wouldn't need to honour the rest of his contract.

And Mark being Mark, he held them to every penny of the contract.

Mark Henry is the best and I love him.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Enzo Amore favorited one of my tweets and now I am dead of extreme happy. :neckbeard:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Spikeguy posted:

Where is Jerusalem? Has anyone told Jerusalem he's been stunnered? Why, oh God why, did he accept/not accept Austin's cyber beer?!

Uh, pretty sure he's not here because he got dropped on that stack of dimes he calls a neck :colbert:

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

Wasn't the gimmick essentially a less well spoken Bray Wyatt mixed with a Juggalo? Or am I miss-remembering this

Edit: Nevermind, I hit Youtube - it was some kind of Carnival rat thing

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

He was literally in two matches. He beat MVP in a match the crowd shat on (which to be fair wasn't really Kizarny's fault, it was in the middle of that 'MVP loses to everyone for half a year' story and the crowd was sick of it), then he lost in a battle royale and was gone.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Didn't they also drag out his debut too long since the initial vignette so nobody cared by the time he debuted?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Didnt the same thing happen with Scotty Goldman?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Manwithastick posted:

Didnt the same thing happen with Scotty Goldman?

Nah Scotty Goldman, Ryan Braddock, and Gavin Spears just showed up randomly and then jobbed a lot and were released.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

KungFu Grip posted:

Nah Scotty Goldman, Ryan Braddock, and Gavin Spears just showed up randomly and then jobbed a lot and were released.

Somebody forgot about What's Crackin'.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

KungFu Grip posted:

Same with Vance Archer, Trent Barreta, Cayden Croft, and Tyler Reks. Eric Escobar and Ricky Ortiz also never did much.

If you weren't watching ECW in its last year or so, there were a good dozen or so mediocre guys who did gently caress all, and then I guess some of them showed up on that endless NXT season.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Reks actually lasted a pretty decent amount of time before retiring to do Computer Work, similar to Blitzkrieg.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Evan Bourne posted:

My favorite Annual PPV will always and forever be @WWE's Royal Rumble. Wait, that gives me an idea...

For those keeping track, it has been more than two years since his last televised match.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

smashpro1 posted:

For those keeping track, it has been more than two years since his last televised match.

I feel like he tweeted something like this last year too

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

I feel like he tweeted something like this last year too

Well, this was on PWI a little while back...

PWinsider.com posted:

Evan Bourne is finally expected to return to the WWE ring in the next 4-6 weeks. They expect to use him at WWE Live Events to get his ring rust off before bringing him back to television.

If he came back at the Rumble it'd be cool for a surprise entry pop, but then he just spoiled the surprise with that tweet if he does it.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Skunkrocker posted:

a surprise entry pop

I don't think Evan Bourne has to worry about getting one of those.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Skunkrocker posted:

Well, this was on PWI a little while back...

If he came back at the Rumble it'd be cool for a surprise entry pop, but then he just spoiled the surprise with that tweet if he does it.

this was mentioned recently with who might show up in the rumble, is Evan Bourne really that recognisable and memorable? I honestly don't know, only back watching regularly the last year and don't think I've ever seen him wrestle.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I know the name. I'm assuming other people know more than I do as that is generally the case.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Bourne was good, but it's been over a year at least. (Two?) Guy got hosed up bad. And then he hurt his foot.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Maxwell Lord posted:

Bourne was good, but it's been over a year at least. (Two?) Guy got hosed up bad. And then he hurt his foot.

Yeah, he got popped for fake weed off of the wellness program, got a 60 day suspension, then while off pretty much disintegrated his foot. That's a pretty lovely string of luck.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Chewy Bitems posted:

this was mentioned recently with who might show up in the rumble, is Evan Bourne really that recognisable and memorable? I honestly don't know, only back watching regularly the last year and don't think I've ever seen him wrestle.

Arrive. Immediately hit top turnbuckle. SSP onto 4-6 dudes.
Let's face it, dude's gonna get a jesus pop from that one.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm pretty stoked for Bourne to come back. He never really got much character but he was more fun to watch than a lot of other flippy guys and had some incredible matches with Jericho. The thought of Bourne against ANY member of The Shield - especially Rollins - is going to kick all kinds of rear end.

Really though once Neville comes up from NXT, all other high flyers might as well pack it in.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sticklefifer posted:

I'm pretty stoked for Bourne to come back. He never really got much character but he was more fun to watch than a lot of other flippy guys and had some incredible matches with Jericho. The thought of Bourne against ANY member of The Shield - especially Rollins - is going to kick all kinds of rear end.

Really though once Neville comes up from NXT, all other high flyers might as well pack it in.

I always liked Sydal over Pac, Sydal/Bourne is just so incredibly crisp and his execution is perfect. He's not as mindblowing as Pac/Neville, but I've never seen him have the kind of bad matches Pac sometimes had on the indies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The main thing I remember about Bourne is that he had a bunch of moves that landed him straight on his knees and it made him look like he'd never have a career past 25.