Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Maybe you could also voluntarily impose a 2 week ban on yourself from posting in this thread. That would be nifty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
I don't agree with ohno but I think his posting is fine. Otherwise it'd just be a boring echo chamber of TMO hate in here.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

hayden. posted:

I don't agree with ohno but I think his posting is fine. Otherwise it'd just be a boring echo chamber of TMO hate in here.

Agree. He may be objectively wrong but he isn't inflammatory.

truavatar
Mar 3, 2004

GIS Jedi
If anyone has any Dufrenite collecting dust in the bank, I could use some for my Shammy's Totemic. Happy to pay.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Been enjoying the hell out of this server in the low levels, the raid scene still appears as unappealing as ever. As a casual EQ player who never has had to deal with any raiding baffoonery: how it appears to me is really loving childish.

I think the concept of one guild denying their outdated content to keep other guilds from proceeding is absolutely backwards and damaging to the community as a whole.

I think anyone who purposefully trains anyone for any reason is a sack of poo poo. Unless you're Fansy, then that poo poo is hilarious.

But who cares what I think, I'll just enjoying the hell out of this server on my mid twenties enchanter without a care in the world what's going on in the metagame. Part of me just hopes people learn to compromise and coordinate by the time I get there.

My big question is, if the appearance and camping of these targets is so vital and they appear so rarely, why not just increase the spawn rate? I understand that is not classic. Perhaps it will really gently caress up the economy with an influx of ridiculous gear. But when demand is so high for these targets you have everyone at each others' throats, the availability of the target might alleviate some of the pressure.

I obviously do not know what I'm talking about. :smith:

Kren
May 11, 2005
I'm actually intrigued by the prospects of the Team PVP server. Alecta was in my raiding guild back on Sullon Zek and was pretty vocal about the pvp systems in place (spell resists, DTs, etc.) in EQ. If he can fix all that for p99, the server will probably be pretty fun. While SZ was a huge cesspool, it was quite a rush to kill raid bosses while fighting off a bunch of other players at the same time.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

What's the hardest part of the Enchanter Epic that I should buy a MQ for?

I have about ~8k saved up and would spend it on getting a tough part of the quest done.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

The toughest part would be getting at least another 192k of plat to actually afford it.

According to a quick google you can't MQ since it's a combine.

ChadBroChill17
Sep 6, 2007
Plato, Heidegger, Aristotle, LOL
Okay - which one of you sperglords is Nirgon?

Yomofo
Jun 7, 2005

by Cyrano4747
I saw this thread had 97 new replies so I knew it had to be good. This server is loving nuts. The amount of cheating/drama that gets created by a 14+ year old video game is unbelievable.

I'm really curious how much plat was actually duped. I'm sure it was a significant amount for the ban net to be cast so wide.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
All drama aside, there is nothing better than EverQuest and a long 2-week holiday break I tell you what.

ChadBroChill17
Sep 6, 2007
Gonna be doing some low hp kiting later if anyone wants to be bait. I'm 42.

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

Is there an active goon guild? I'm gettin back into p1999 and it'd be nice to have some people to hang with when the groups are hard to find. I'm a 15 necro right now if anyone wants to hit me up when you're on. MAYBE POWERLEVEL ME AND MAKE ME STRONG AS HELL I DUNNO

ChadBroChill17
Sep 6, 2007
There is <Unknown Guild> but not a ton of members. I was in it originally and ended up in <Knights Who Say Ni> instead. I miss the chat, but this guild helps with ports, groups, etc.

Mauzeraut
Aug 15, 2005

Ka-BEWWWWM!

Elephunk posted:

What's the hardest part of the Enchanter Epic that I should buy a MQ for?

I have about ~8k saved up and would spend it on getting a tough part of the quest done.

The wonderful part of this epic is that it can't be MQ'd at any point past the beginning of it.

The lovely part of this epic is that one of the easiest targets, Verina Tomb, is contested all to hell.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Hey P99 goons, I havent logged in for about six months. So it sounds like Velious is still not out, and TMO (almost) disbanded over duping? I was in Divinity, are they still raiding stuff?

Fart Cannon
Oct 12, 2008

College Slice
Does anyone have any starter rogue gear they'd be willing to part with?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Shaman's decent here? Thinking of giving one a whirl and maybe starting a Troll for the regen? People seem torn between trolls for regen or ogres for frontal stun. IIRC, iksars have an even worse xp penalty, which I don't want to mess with.

I've played a necro and a wiz to 65 on EqMac and PEQ. Wizards pretty boring-necro I liked because I didn't die much, but I felt pretty useless in groups and didn't care to solo that much.

I played a monk back on live in 2002 until about level 45 or so, but I really don't want to pull or melee much, so I figure I'll try a Shaman for a few and see how I like it. Just depends on if I can deal with no PoK books and the slow progression. I tried a few toons a couple months ago to about level 5 or so but it left a bitter taste in my mouth. EqMac was where it was at for me. PEQ is awesome when our goon guild is around, but if not you pretty much have to box in order to accomplish anything, because that's all anyone does there it seems. I'm a casual player that can usually log on for 2 hours each weeknight and maybe 4 hours each day on the weekend, give or take.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
Shamans are good, but if you are worried about the lack of PoK and slow progression you might want to give thought to a Druid for ports and solid solo ability. However, a Troll Shaman is still a good choice for the added regen, the neat clickies, SoW, good solo ability, and more group friendly buffs.

Xodi
May 20, 2004

Xodi is.. alien dinosaur? wtf?! (thanks OMG ITZ JAMES)
Had the wild itch up my bum to play some EverQuest and lo and behold Saidar has been reclaimed. Probably for the better, I was using him to grind out sweet sweet platinum to help myself and provide goonerosity. Glad to see that wizard being played properly.

I'll fire this up tonight and be playing as Xodiaen, some iksar monk guy thing. I've a lot of characters of various levels if anyone wants to get together and smash things. I may even have a few pieces of gear layin' about that I can't use.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Xodi posted:

Had the wild itch up my bum to play some EverQuest and lo and behold Saidar has been reclaimed. Probably for the better, I was using him to grind out sweet sweet platinum to help myself and provide goonerosity. Glad to see that wizard being played properly.

He is Hayden's and he got level 60 mostly by being an untalented sponge. Ha ha.

Is he even logging in anymore?

rsjr
Nov 2, 2002

yay for protoss being so simple that retards can win with it
Still have many platinum for sale if anyone is interested in jumping into this server since they made the end-game more friendly.

I've never been banned. No one, and there are quite a few goons, who has purchased anything from me has ever reported being banned (5 million+ sold). The plat is just sitting there, I might as well get rid of it. I haven't played in two years now.

Shoot me a PM.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

moolchaba posted:

Can I come be a in talented sponge and get 60? Only 1.7 levels to go.

Hoppy Goodness
Nov 26, 2007
Any goons want to waste an hour or two helping Rhume get the totemic helm? I have the chamois, so I just need help killing the Glacier Bear in Everfrost. I'll pay you in hugs and air mandolin lessons!

GIMpy12
Jun 10, 2004

nwin posted:

Shaman's decent here? Thinking of giving one a whirl and maybe starting a Troll for the regen? People seem torn between trolls for regen or ogres for frontal stun. IIRC, iksars have an even worse xp penalty, which I don't want to mess with.

I've played a necro and a wiz to 65 on EqMac and PEQ. Wizards pretty boring-necro I liked because I didn't die much, but I felt pretty useless in groups and didn't care to solo that much.

I played a monk back on live in 2002 until about level 45 or so, but I really don't want to pull or melee much, so I figure I'll try a Shaman for a few and see how I like it. Just depends on if I can deal with no PoK books and the slow progression. I tried a few toons a couple months ago to about level 5 or so but it left a bitter taste in my mouth. EqMac was where it was at for me. PEQ is awesome when our goon guild is around, but if not you pretty much have to box in order to accomplish anything, because that's all anyone does there it seems. I'm a casual player that can usually log on for 2 hours each weeknight and maybe 4 hours each day on the weekend, give or take.

Bleh quit play on PEQ, But really if you liked necro and felt you didn't bring enough to the group shaman are very similar. That being said you're lookin at over a quarter million for 55+ spells, if you don't join a poopsock guild and they ever make it out of a guild bank.

Edit: Whatever you do don't make an iksar. In this era a lot of shaman high end armor is plate that you can't wear. Most of my buffs come from Jaundiced clickies, if im not doing anything extra important, it saves a ton on mana especially when you're in a melee heavy group and everyone wants stats.

GIMpy12 fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Dec 26, 2013

truavatar
Mar 3, 2004

GIS Jedi

Hoppy Goodness posted:

Any goons want to waste an hour or two helping Rhume get the totemic helm? I have the chamois, so I just need help killing the Glacier Bear in Everfrost. I'll pay you in hugs and air mandolin lessons!

Isn't the bear on like a 6-8 hour spawn cycle?

[edit: Happy to help any way I can as a lvl 19, btw. Daxiangmao in game.]

truavatar fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Dec 26, 2013

Hoppy Goodness
Nov 26, 2007

truavatar posted:

Isn't the bear on like a 6-8 hour spawn cycle?

[edit: Happy to help any way I can as a lvl 19, btw. Daxiangmao in game.]

Ooof, I suppose you're right, I see that now. Thanks for offering to help though!

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

gently caress it-gonna try my hand as a rogue and see how I like it.

J. Philliam Graves
Dec 26, 2008
Posting in the thread because I'd like to join the goon guild if it's still there! Barkyo, half-elf ranger ready to get lost in Queynos for hours!

Hoppy Goodness
Nov 26, 2007

J. Philliam Graves posted:

Posting in the thread because I'd like to join the goon guild if it's still there! Barkyo, half-elf ranger ready to get lost in Queynos for hours!

I got Barkyo into the guild, gave him some of my old gear, but if anyone has ranger stuff I'm sure it's better than what I had.

Anasurimbur
Nov 18, 2010

SHODAN Processing Component 43893
So, "find a titanium version."

How exactly does one do that with a game so old?

Also, are they planning on bringing Luclin in at all? I miss my beastlord.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Anasurimbur posted:

Also, are they planning on bringing Luclin in at all? I miss my beastlord.

No. It will never happen on this server. Velious is the end.

They still have ideas post-Velious, but likely it'd be a new server, and blue99 would stay as-is.

Anasurimbur
Nov 18, 2010

SHODAN Processing Component 43893

xZAOx posted:

No. It will never happen on this server. Velious is the end.

They still have ideas post-Velious, but likely it'd be a new server, and blue99 would stay as-is.

Fair enough. It sounds awesome.

I admittedly got into the ending of Velious raiding and was raiding regularly in PoP. Velious and Kunark are mostly a series of dragons, right? Up near the Scars of Veeshan and such?

I'd like to see a server up to at least LDoN. I admittedly really enjoyed LDoN and PoP. I hope that's not shameful.

Gah. Everquest is such a fun game.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Anyone able to send an invite to Pokest? I'll be in game most of tonight after 8 EST. I'm in EC.

nwin fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Dec 28, 2013

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Xodi posted:

I'll fire this up tonight and be playing as Xodiaen, some iksar monk guy thing. I've a lot of characters of various levels if anyone wants to get together and smash things. I may even have a few pieces of gear layin' about that I can't use.

Sorry bud! I also had the itch to come back and reclaimed it since it didn't seem in use.

moolchaba posted:

Yep playing a couple times a week, usually on an alt these days though.

Anasurimbur posted:

So, "find a titanium version."

I googled "everquest titanium" and the answer is on the bottom of the first page for me. Alternatively you can buy a copy on Amazon but if I remember right it's stupidly overpriced.

Xodi
May 20, 2004

Xodi is.. alien dinosaur? wtf?! (thanks OMG ITZ JAMES)

hayden. posted:

Sorry bud! I also had the itch to come back and reclaimed it since it didn't seem in use.

poo poo, ain't nothing but a thing. You put your heart and soul into that guy, got plane gear and the whole nine yards. I just used 'em to deck out a few guys with farmed plat. Was curious if I left any monk gear or tink bags on him, can't seem to find mine on any of my guys. Reaaaally hoping I didn't give them away during my last "Ok, we're done with this" fiasco.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

Anybody wanting to dump some gear for me to start working in the commonlands tunnel? I've been camping sisters and I have about 1200 saved up and hope to work the market to get enough to gear my cloth-wearing level 22 enchanter. Not really needing a handout, but just hoping to get gear on the cheap, you see. :)

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Xodi posted:

poo poo, ain't nothing but a thing. You put your heart and soul into that guy, got plane gear and the whole nine yards. I just used 'em to deck out a few guys with farmed plat. Was curious if I left any monk gear or tink bags on him, can't seem to find mine on any of my guys. Reaaaally hoping I didn't give them away during my last "Ok, we're done with this" fiasco.

Nope there wasn't really much on him. I think a couple of pieces of his gear were sold off by Illtair when I gave him the char but nothing has been added that I know of. There might have been some really crappy stuff I gave away but it was so long ago I'm not sure.

GIMpy12
Jun 10, 2004

nwin posted:

gently caress it-gonna try my hand as a rogue and see how I like it.

Honestly I have a untwinked rogue im slowly leveling and I love it. My mainhand is a jagged chokidai spine (100PP) and if im hastened I can still pull aggro if I start backstabbing early. Ragebringer is a waste early on unless you have a pally buddy to root tank otherwise you're going to be tanking for sure.

GIMpy12 fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Dec 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Just dinged 15 on my ranger. Nybright sisters are getting a little slow...are rangers still the red-headed stepchildren of groups? Wondering if I should head to Unrest or Upper Guk for the next 5-7 levels. Which dungeon would I be more effective in?

• Locked thread