Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

This loving match. Holy poo poo.

Even if you never watch another WVGCW match, watch this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
It looked like one of the tables got caught on the middle rope, and I guess the game qualified that as sufficiently set up for the table to break? Pretty amazing match, all told.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

PoptartsNinja posted:

If anyone has any good Divas ideas, I want to make another Diva soon but I can't think of many I'd like to try my hand at. Kaine is beyond my skill, unfortunately.

Mistral.

All the bosses from Rising would be right at home in the ring. They even come with theme songs.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

PoptartsNinja posted:

If anyone has any good Divas ideas, I want to make another Diva soon but I can't think of many I'd like to try my hand at. Kaine is beyond my skill, unfortunately.

I've wanted to see Deneb from Ogre Battle for a while.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Wonder Pink of the Wonderful 101.

It's really nice to see Tina on a good foot for 2k14, couldn't have finished that match better if you tried.

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
UmJammer Lammy.

Baron La Croix fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 28, 2013

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Those boots exist, game! WHY CAN ONLY MEN WEAR THEM?! :argh:

Edit: I'm at work and not actually working on a CAW right now, to avoid getting anyone's hopes up/dashed.

VVV I don't know who you're referring to.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Dec 28, 2013

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

PoptartsNinja posted:

I totally could (and he's on my list, Morte needs someone to hang around with), but Boo is low priority because he'll be hollow from the back and ugly (see also: why Morte doesn't have a moveset, and why I've never finished Floater).

My current project is Juan Aguacate. :ssh:

Free Curly :v:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Shieldhill posted:

Boo is a funny word. Boo. Boo for VGCW. Make it happen Poptarts.

Do we HAVE a chicken suit? I can't imagine so, because who'd want to make the Gobbledegooker?

Wait. A man pretending to be a chicken trying to be a man.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

I totally could (and he's on my list, Morte needs someone to hang around with), but Boo is low priority because he'll be hollow from the back and ugly (see also: why Morte doesn't have a moveset, and why I've never finished Floater).

Tron Bonne, WVGCW needs more criminal organizations!

Comedy option: Clementine from Walking Dead. Put her in a tag team with Ellie from The Last of Us.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Quiet Python posted:

It looked like one of the tables got caught on the middle rope, and I guess the game qualified that as sufficiently set up for the table to break? Pretty amazing match, all told.

In one of the previous games I won a tables match by legdropping a standing opponent through a table that he was carrying. Table physics :allears:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Tron Bonne is a fantastic idea for a CAW but I doubt you'd be able to pull off the hair.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

CommonSensei posted:

Here you go:

What an amazing spot. Everyone in both Steam and Twitch chats stopped whatever they were talking about and went "Holy poo poo!"

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

PoptartsNinja posted:

If it's possible to remove just one arm with that invisible limb glitch, make Baiken from Guilty Gear.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

PoptartsNinja posted:

Ever since I beat VLR I've been hoping someone might take a crack at Phi.

Not sure if the design is CAWable without making it look bad, though.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Suspicious Cook posted:

If it's possible to remove just one arm with that invisible limb glitch

It's not, unfortunately. You also can't do anything skin-tight with it (or the skin tight thing vanishes) and toggling through torso options gives you a bunch of glitchy, randomized stuff if you don't choose the first one that makes the torso visible.

Edit: Project Complete!

Juan Aguacate
from Guacamelee!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 29, 2013

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

PoptartsNinja posted:

Juan Aguacate
from Guacamelee!

This totally rules

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'm for it, anything for more awesome spanish music.

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman
So, has anyone tried to make Reyn yet or any other character from Xenoblade?

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

Yes! The division desperately needs more Luchadores, and this is a great CAW.

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
Is Juan fighting Dirk the Dying in those shots?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Yeah, that's Dirk's alternate costume. :ssh:

I wanted Juan to be fighting a skeleton and (not counting Morte) Dirk's the only one I've got.

VVV Give it some time, you asked late last night. It's possible SNST just hasn't had a chance to check the forums yet, since it's his CAW he'd be the one to ask.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Dec 29, 2013

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Does anyone know what search terms I can enter to get Jeff Gerstmann? I tried asking on the main forum, but haven't got a single reply yet. Is he just not up there? That would be a shame.

TOH
Jun 24, 2013

Hope thrusts alone!

Justin_Brett posted:

Ever since I beat VLR I've been hoping someone might take a crack at Phi.

Not sure if the design is CAWable without making it look bad, though.

I've got one I just made some adjustments to, will upload her sometime today (I have one up already but I'm not happy with her face or entrance):

TOH fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 29, 2013

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I hope she's got lots of high flying moves, so that way when she botches them we can blame it on Radical-6.

TOH
Jun 24, 2013

Hope thrusts alone!
Yeah, she's about speed and aerials.

Lugubrious!
Jun 12, 2001

PoptartsNinja posted:

Juan Aguacate
from Guacamelee!

Also seconding the awesomeness of this CAW.

My only nitpick would be that I think Juan is rocking the briefs-over-tights style, if I recall correctly...

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Lugubrious! posted:

My only nitpick would be that I think Juan is rocking the briefs-over-tights style, if I recall correctly...

Yeah, the only tights that let you replicate that have a British flag on the rear end. I was going to try it anyway (and paint over the flag) but I ran out of layers doing the mask.

VVV Nope. Undies go under, always. They're the 'skin layer.' The game treats them the same way it does tattoos and body art. 'Out of Layers' also means I can't give him two pairs of underoos.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Dec 29, 2013

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

PoptartsNinja posted:

Yeah, the only tights that let you replicate that have a British flag on the rear end. I was going to try it anyway (and paint over the flag) but I ran out of layers doing the mask.

I think you can just give him another pair of underwear and put those on top of the tights.

CommonSensei
Apr 3, 2011
Were it not for Tina vs. Jessie, this would have been my favorite highlight of the last episode of WVGCW.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

CommonSensei posted:

Were it not for Tina vs. Jessie, this would have been my favorite highlight of the last episode of WVGCW.

:FOOLISH.gif:

This was pretty great. That Fran costume is spot-on, and her moment of bored preening after destroying that table is artistry on the part of the AI.

I loving lost it when Wii Fit Trainer showed up and SPORTS started playing. I picked a good day to start watching VGCW.

Cheeseman
Apr 1, 2001

deadly_pudding posted:

I loving lost it when Wii Fit Trainer showed up and SPORTS started playing. I picked a good day to start watching VGCW.

If you missed her debut, do yourself a favor.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh man, just finished the SNST Rumble, and really, it's nice to see a non-vidya character that the chat actually likes(outside of Arino/AVGN). SNST has handled Gerstmann perfectly, from his moveset to the music, and the end of the rumble just solidified that(though I kinda wish it had gone on a little bit longer). GIANT BOMB'S JEFF GARCIA is an actually entertaining character on his own and SNST's dedication to changing his shirt almost every time(though defaulting to Hardcore Dave Shirt usually) adds some variety to his look, too.

It's a Lockdown, baby.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Policenaut posted:

I hope she's got lots of high flying moves, so that way when she botches them we can blame it on Radical-6.

I was thinking one of the ring-post missile dropkicks for a finisher, for obvious reasons.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

So is tonight the night?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

So is tonight the night?

No VGCW tonight. Happy New Years!

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Shieldhill posted:

The way some people complain about booing in the chat is odd to me. It seems to come up whenever anyone besides Dan gets booed.

Now, I don't watch wrestling, but are we not supposed to cheer for the ones we like and boo the ones we don't like?

That is generally the basic 101 of 'heat' in real pro wrestling, yes. Faces try and get the crowd to cheer, heels try and get the crowd to boo: the absolute worst thing you can hear in a wrestling match is silence (barring a few rare exceptions). VGCW is different in one key aspect though, in that what creates its heels tends to be arbitrary. In actual wrestling, good heels tend to be cowardly, treacherous, arrogant, or sadistic, usually a mix of these traits. The biggest heels in VGCW tend to come from when the programming impulses line up and the AI replicates these traits by accident (Ex: Raphael 'brutally beating' Snake for the VGCW title, or Dan throwing out Ash after Ash had barely survived all the way to the end while Dan came out in the last three minutes); trying to cause them on purpose tends to get you things like Ganondorf's second heel turn, which can be argued to have fizzled because the ending of the feud with Zangief seemed like a foregone conclusion. As a result, people tend to select heels based on their own personal opinions, which is fine...except for the fact that it can end up with people debating over booing wrestlers instead of just enjoying the show, and that never ends well, as Sabin shows.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Remember that nerds get REALLY mad when people like/dislike something they personally dislike/like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
A couple of days ago, someone asked me to do Boo.

Long story short?

I did.

Minsc and Boo stand ready!

Wait, Lord British, what are you doing?

That's just not right!

Edit: I probably need to make him a little bigger.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jan 3, 2014

• Locked thread