Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Cap, a Hulk, and 2 gods. Yeah, that seems fair.

I want to know what the rope is made of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

The Lone Badger posted:

I want to know what the rope is made of.

Unstable molecules.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Carbonadeum, the more malleable form of adamantium.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Woven chest hair from Hercules and Thor.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

PupsOfWar posted:

I cannot deal with those masks.

This could only be better if Iron Man (Rhodey, I believe?) had shucked off everything but his helmet.

For a moment, I thought Sersi was meant to be balancing on the rope and the artist had messed it up.

kwokkie
Jan 19, 2011

Being a dumbass is the best form of defence.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Cap, a Hulk, and 2 gods. Yeah, that seems fair.

She-hulk is using her left arm behind her back to pull the rope, so that makes it more even.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

theflyingorc posted:

Spider-man could have gotten in without ID if the security guard had simply called the president.

(does anyone have that panel from the newspaper comic? It's actually very, very similar to that spidey super story)

I posted that. Here you go:

The MSJ posted:

Speaking of Spider-Man, let us check his comic strip this past week.

Thanks, Obama!

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Dec 28, 2013

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

PupsOfWar posted:

This could only be better if Iron Man (Rhodey, I believe?) had shucked off everything but his helmet.

Pretty sure that's Tony Stark in his post-Armor Wars suit.

:goonsay:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

PupsOfWar posted:

Those masks are gonna give them some very weird tan lines.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Hakkesshu posted:

Kang wanting to wage war on America because they pre-empted Mr. Rogers is a better villain origin story than anything Stan Lee could come up with.

That's exactly how Osama Bin Laden started.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What the hell does WACOS stand for?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
West Coast Avengers, maybe? Considering that everyone on the left right is a member.

Mr. Maltose fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Dec 29, 2013

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think their (self appointed?) nickname was the Wackos.

Obviously they just misprinted all the flags.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

No, that's not Genis, that's Wendell Vaughn, he later changed his name to Quasar and was one of Abnett and Lanning's Annihilators. He looks horribly constipated in that first panel, and he never needed a spaceship because his quantum bands were so ridiculously powerful.

The robot is called Sam and is supposed to be from the Sesame St. show, this whole issue (Spidey Super Stories #31) is actually a lame ripoff of Star Wars called 'Star Jaws' and involves Doctor Doom, the ship was meant to be a ripoff of the Falcon, and mentioning anything else about this issue will make my head hurt so read the summary here if you dare..

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 29, 2013

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

Binary Badger posted:

No, that's not Genis, that's Wendell Vaughn, he later changed his name to Quasar and was one of Abnett and Lanning's Annihilators. He looks horribly constipated in that first panel, and he never needed a spaceship because his quantum bands were so ridiculously powerful.

The robot is called Sam and is supposed to be from the Sesame St. show, this whole issue (Spidey Super Stories #31) is actually a lame ripoff of Star Wars called 'Star Jaws' and involves Doctor Doom, the ship was meant to be a ripoff of the Falcon, and mentioning anything else about this issue will make my head hurt so read the summary here if you dare..

It's actually not Wendell Vaughn either. It's Robert Grayson/Marvel Boy/The Uranian. He was a 50's hero that was later reintroduced as a member of Agents of Atlas. :colbert:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I love the Electric Company villain origin stories

from Spidey Super Stories 22

from Spidey Super Stories 24

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TV repair?

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I don't know why they even need to make new comics anymore.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

e: Oh man, I found the segment it's based on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEbhDduB1ow

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

Truly, Joseph Oppenheimer's villainy knows no limits.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Can't stop laughing at "A HORRIBLE HUMMER STOLE OUR MONEY!"

Also, who in the Marvel Bullpen was Hum Dinger and Big Tow modeled after? They look exactly the same.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He's just so 70s with his comb-over, mustache, gold lame shirt, bell bottoms and cuban heeled boots.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

redbackground posted:

Can't stop laughing at "A HORRIBLE HUMMER STOLE OUR MONEY!"

Also, who in the Marvel Bullpen was Hum Dinger and Big Tow modeled after? They look exactly the same.

It's based after an actor in The Electric Company, I bet.

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEbhDduB1ow

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Chinaman7000 posted:

I don't know why they even need to make new comics anymore.

I don't know why these are the funniest things I've ever read. I don't think anyone could reproduce the humor in these strips no matter how ironic they try to be.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

GorfZaplen posted:

It's based after an actor in The Electric Company, I bet.

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEbhDduB1ow

I cannot get over the fact that everyone speaks normally except Spider-Man, who speaks in word bubbles that are apparently visible to other people.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

uPen posted:

I cannot get over the fact that everyone speaks normally except Spider-Man, who speaks in word bubbles that are apparently visible to other people.

It's for this reason that I thought that Spider-Man was mute until the Fox Kids show started.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
It's just such a weirdly low-tier supervillain scheme. Does Hum Dinger sell vacuums for a Kirby dealer or what?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Action Tortoise posted:

I don't know why these are the funniest things I've ever read. I don't think anyone could reproduce the humor in these strips no matter how ironic they try to be.

The pacing of ideas and the cadence of the words themselves read a lot like Axe Cop.

Someone hand Axe Cop Kid the Spider-man writing gig, stat!

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I love the Electric Company villain origin stories

from Spidey Super Stories 22

They must have a hell of a time buying house insurance.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Goddamn, I want to rock in the New Year with the Doctor Doom UN Rave :allears:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jerusalem posted:

Goddamn, I want to rock in the New Year with the Doctor Doom UN Rave :allears:

Well you cant, because of
:doom: SEACREST!!! :doom:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Between Doctor Doom, Namor, Magneto, Viper, Black Bolt and Black Panther, being an UN Ambassador must be one of the most dangerous jobs in the Marvel Universe. And that's without counting the fact that it's headquarters are in Marvel New York.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

DarkCrawler posted:

Between Doctor Doom, Namor, Magneto, Viper, Black Bolt and Black Panther, being an UN Ambassador must be one of the most dangerous jobs in the Marvel Universe. And that's without counting the fact that it's headquarters are in Marvel New York.

I bet all of them still park illegally too.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I bet all of them still park illegally too.

In the office of William Kivuti, Kenyan ambassador of the UN

"Hey William..."

"No."

"Seriously, this picture came up on the wire."

"No. I'm not looking at it. I'm supposed to go home in five minutes. I haven't seen my wife in days."

"This is pretty big. Like, uhh...big."

"South Ossetia big?"

"..."

"...Iraq big?"

"Ehh..."

"Vietnam big?"

"Hmmm."

"KOREA big?!"

"...bi...bigger."

"...show it to me."

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Is there an actual way to let Marvel know how badly they need to release a collection of Super Stories? I feel like somebody there would think it was a good idea if it actually occurred to them.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

theflyingorc posted:

Is there an actual way to let Marvel know how badly they need to release a collection of Super Stories? I feel like somebody there would think it was a good idea if it actually occurred to them.

Yeah for real I would buy that straight away if there was a collection without a second thought.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

theflyingorc posted:

Whedon's got to have some clout over there, I'm surprised he hasn't pushed for it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Opopanax posted:

Whedon's got to have some clout over there, I'm surprised he hasn't pushed for it.

I assume there are some sort of licensing shenanigans going on with whoever owns The Electric Company nowadays. Probably one step more than they're willing to take for something that probably would not sell a ton. It's fantastic, and I would buy it a hundred times over, but I've also never heard of it outside of these forums.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Just wait until they announce Superior Spidey Stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
After Erik Larsen left drawing and writing Spider-Man, he had some subtle commentary on the character in Savage Dragon #2 (1992).

• Locked thread