Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'm definitely familiar with the latter, but the newer ones, less so. Thanks muchly.

Don't forget Hepcat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Got my place to stay for the weekend of the 19th worked out. I'm actually going to be able to make it to the last BtMI show. Gonna be sad times, man. Sad times for the dancing banana.

donges
Aug 4, 2012

I'd rather be vomiting and I despise vomiting. Blegh!

Literally The Worst posted:

Got my place to stay for the weekend of the 19th worked out. I'm actually going to be able to make it to the last BtMI show. Gonna be sad times, man. Sad times for the dancing banana.

My friends and I are taking a bus down from Boston, then taking a super late bus back. It's gonna be one wild loving time.

Also Andrew Jackson Jihad and Cheap Girls are playing too! What a lineup!!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

donges posted:

My friends and I are taking a bus down from Boston, then taking a super late bus back. It's gonna be one wild loving time.

Also Andrew Jackson Jihad and Cheap Girls are playing too! What a lineup!!

I knew about Cheap Girls but AJJ is news to me! Any chance of othr bands? I'd love to see Laura Stevenson do a set just for the chance that she comes out later to do All Ages Shows.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Is that for both shows? I still haven't been able to get a ticket for the 19th. Never seen AJJ before, was set to see them at a Jeff solo show, but then there was a little hurricane.

donges
Aug 4, 2012

I'd rather be vomiting and I despise vomiting. Blegh!

I knew about Cheap Girls but AJJ is news to me! Any chance of othr bands? I'd love to see Laura Stevenson do a set just for the chance that she comes out later to do All Ages Shows.

From what I can tell it's just AJJ and Cheap Girls, but a guest appearance for one last show wouldn't surprise me! I never did see Laura Stevenson play with BtMI!, and if I remember right she used to play with them every once in a while. I'd be pretty pumped.

MondayHotDog posted:

Is that for both shows? I still haven't been able to get a ticket for the 19th. Never seen AJJ before, was set to see them at a Jeff solo show, but then there was a little hurricane.

No, this is for the final show. According to the Ticketweb page for the second to last one on the 17th, The Slackers, Lemuria, and Hop Along are playing.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

donges posted:

From what I can tell it's just AJJ and Cheap Girls, but a guest appearance for one last show wouldn't surprise me! I never did see Laura Stevenson play with BtMI!, and if I remember right she used to play with them every once in a while. I'd be pretty pumped.

No, this is for the final show. According to the Ticketweb page for the second to last one on the 17th, The Slackers, Lemuria, and Hop Along are playing.

Pretty sure I'd just start jacking it in the middle of the show if she came out for All Ages Shows.

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.

donges posted:

Those supports are awesome.

Hop Along are one of the bands I desperately want to see live at some point. Apparently she goes absolutely psycho and kills it.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Home. Town. Throw. Down.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Grandmaster.flv posted:

Home. Town. Throw. Down.

Really excited to find out who the TBA night 2 band is.

Oh yeah also the Bosstones

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gabbleduck posted:

Those supports are awesome.

Hop Along are one of the bands I desperately want to see live at some point. Apparently she goes absolutely psycho and kills it.

Hop Along are loving killer and if I'd never seen AJJ before I'd be way more pumper about Hop Along.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

How would I know that the Ska thread talks more about AJJ than the punk thread?

Asian Man.

Best Record Label.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Bosstones played Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love. That's a song I never thought I'd see them play live.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

Grandmaster.flv posted:

Home. Town. Throw. Down.

:woop:

e: fingers crossed for Mustard Plug for the last opener.

Quebec Bagnet fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Dec 28, 2013

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

MondayHotDog posted:

Who enjoys ska covers of Christmas-themed blink-182 songs? I do!

http://iv4k.bandcamp.com/album/i-wont-be-home-for-christmas

Edit: They don't mention it anywhere, but if you buy it (pay what you want), the b-side is another cover, Eddie Money's "Take Me Home Tonight".

Just saw this now. One of my favorite blink songs too.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

Grandmaster.flv posted:

Home. Town. Throw. Down.

Throwdown was amazing last night. Accidentally missed the opener but showed up right in time for Mephiskapheles. loving awesome. :dance:

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Death Valley Vipers. Holy poo poo. One Bosstones song I thought I would never ever hear live. That was enough to blow me away tonight

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

Anybody come out tonight

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I did. You didn't happen to come party back at the buckminster did you?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Quest For Glory II posted:

1) JB Conspiracy - The Storm
2) Cat Empire - Steal the Light
3) Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra - Walkin'
4) FIF - Engine of a Million Plots

In 2014 we get new albums from Mad Caddies and Deal's Gone Bad :getin:

For some reason, I am surprised so many people not in Chicago know who Deal's Gone Bad are. Also, the American Ska-thic 20th anniversary show is tomorrow at The Metro in Chicago. I should've started doing cardio work a month ago to prepare, I'm worried I'll be exhausted after a couple songs.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I'd kill a man to see DGB

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

You could also see The Crombies, Mike Park's (not THAT Mike Park) newish band that also has two other DGB members in it. It's essentially the original DGB sound. Although I think there aren't any pirate songs.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I only have two weeks until the last BtMI show. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die if I don't prepare for it by drinking tons of water and my own urine and eating only meat for the next two weeks.

Ricecop69
Mar 7, 2003
I went and saw RBF at the House of Blues in LA last night. Suburban Legends and the Pietasters opened, was a fantastic show. I did find it quite funny to see only RBF and streetlight shirts on all the high school kids.

It was also hilarious to see people trying to skank while white trash bros were trying to mosh at the same time in the pit. Is this normal at RBF shows?

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.
Another song and pre-orders are up for the Bruce Lee Band EP

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/the-bruce-lee-band-returns-to-take-shots-at-the-washington-redskins

Looks like you can only pre-order the vinyl. Surprising that it looks like it's through Really Records, rather than Asian Man.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.

Gabbleduck posted:

Another song and pre-orders are up for the Bruce Lee Band EP

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/the-bruce-lee-band-returns-to-take-shots-at-the-washington-redskins

Looks like you can only pre-order the vinyl. Surprising that it looks like it's through Really Records, rather than Asian Man.

That's a pretty good song but its been done https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uUiCL3QzpU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Grandmaster.flv posted:

Home. Town. Throw. Down.

I was there all three nights, it was insane. Night 2 was the best. I didn't think of it night one, but I tracked set lists for nights 2 and 3:

2:

I'll Drink To That
I Wrote It
Old School Off The Bright
The Daylights
Where'd You Go?
Rascal King
Sister Mary
Sunday Afternoons On Wisdom Avenue
Dr. D
Death Valley Vipers
Allow Them
Hope I Never Lose My Wallet
Na Na Na Na Na
X'mas Time
Someday I Suppose
Bad News and Bad Breaks
Last Dead Mouse
(Old song I feel lovely that I didn't recognize)
Devil's Night Out
Like a Shotgun
Another Drinkin' Song
Don't Worry Desmond Dekker
They Will Need Music
Toxic Toast
You Gotta Go

Encore:
All Things Considered
The Impression That I Get
Pretty Sad Excuse

3:
Desensitized
Mr. Moran
Jump Through The Hoops
Rascal King
Waster Summer
They Came To Boston
Another Drinkin' Song
You Can't Win
Hope I Never Lose My Wallet
You Left Right
Disappearing
1-2-8
Finally
poo poo Outta Luck
Hell Of A Hat
Horseshoe and the Rabbit's Foot
Common Decency
Someday I Suppose
Chasing The Sun Away
Haji
Devil's Night Out
Don't Worry Desmond Dekker
They Will Need Music
The Impression That I Get
Holy Smoke

Encore:
Toxic Toast
Kinder Words
The Daylights
Storm Hit

I obviously missed night one, but I do remember them playing A Little Bit Ugly and it loving owned

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

All three nights. Good audio quality.

http://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=...5bLnEOPes8xaPh7

After Last Dead Mouse was The Cave.

Missing night one meant you missed Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love. My friend has seen them 103 times and that was the first time he's heard it.

Fateo McMurray fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jan 7, 2014

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I was there but I didn't get the setlist. Ain't Talkin' About Love blew my loving mind. They played a few songs I really didn't expect. All Things Considered was another.

I'm still pissed I missed Zig Zag Dance last year :(

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
If you're in the Long Island area, this show looks awesome: https://www.facebook.com/events/725284914162413/

I haven't seen Murphy's Kids in years and I can't wait.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Be sure to see The Pandemics. My friend is their trombone player/lead singer.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

lessthankyle posted:

If you're in the Long Island area, this show looks awesome: https://www.facebook.com/events/725284914162413/

I haven't seen Murphy's Kids in years and I can't wait.

Holy poo poo that's an amazing line-up. I'd love to actually see The Fad. When they did Ska Is Dead with WATU, Syracuse was the night after the last Fad show, so Doyle rode with WATU to do Vinyl Paradise at the end of the show. That was so rad.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Does anyone need an extra ticket to the last BTMI show? I had a friend drop out.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hit up Inspector 66 in the punk thread, I think he was looking to go.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

rear end Catchcum posted:

Does anyone need an extra ticket to the last BTMI show? I had a friend drop out.

I just spent $60 on one last night. :(

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
My god, By the Rivers are really fuckin' good. Vulture is a GREAT song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol3jgOJ1dnU

Here's their bandcamp http://bytherivers.bandcamp.com/

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MondayHotDog posted:

I just spent $60 on one last night. :(

Really? I only paid fifteen :smug:

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

Really? I only paid fifteen :smug:

gently caress you and your excellent username/post combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MondayHotDog posted:

gently caress you and your excellent username/post combo.

Don't hate me because I have no life and work nights most Fridays.