Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

RandomAction Man posted:

if I get a guitar with a photo of claptons dead gay son on it is it better than a guitar without it?

Depends. Can you play either one?

I bet I already know the answer.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Dec 29, 2013

wipe up or ship out
Nov 5, 2008
i tried playing state trooper by springsteen once but I fell asleep

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

RandomAction Man posted:

i tried playing state trooper by springsteen once but I fell asleep

Yeah, Springsteen does that to people.

Hey, I am still waiting on a serious answer to this:

quote:

Xen Tricks did my answer to your question about guitar electronics enlighten you at all, or was it not a serious question, or did my answer lack the information you needed? I noticed it didn't exactly sway some people who don't think all similar-looking guitars with H/S/H electronics might actually possess characteristics sufficiently different to warrant having more than one.

I eagerly await your considered response.

Goodnight folks, see you soon-ish.

wipe up or ship out
Nov 5, 2008
goodnight sweet prince

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Dr. Faustus posted:

Jesus dude WTF is wrong with you?

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

HollisBrown posted:

Jesus dude WTF is wrong with you?

leave him alone he thinks he's winning

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

thank you

it's so hard to find lefty instruments

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Dick Dale is the only true King of the Surf Guitar :colbert:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
don wilson and nokie edwards

Scab Swap Fetish
Oct 16, 2008
All I'm saying is that if you own a replica of a "unique model/paint job" a famous person uses, you're a loving loser with no creativity.

Look everyone, im just like Vai!!! SO COOL RIGHT ITS THE SAME GUITAR go gently caress yourself

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

lmbo dude okay i can't take this anymore

nobody, and i mean NOBODY, is reading your posts for any reason other than to find ways to troll your rear end

the one and only time ppl were laughing with you and not at you was the beetlejuice pic

nobody gives a poo poo about ur guitars or ur HOT LICKZ or anything, all they care about is the fact that youre a complete dork and youre easy to rile up and you absolutely cannot resist posting in this thread twenty times a day

this is the one and only time someone is going to respond to you for any reason other than to bait you

use it wisely

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

man thats gross posted:

nobody, and i mean NOBODY, is reading your posts for any reason other than to find ways to troll your rear end

the one and only time ppl were laughing with you and not at you was the beetlejuice pic

nobody gives a poo poo about ur guitars or ur HOT LICKZ or anything, all they care about is the fact that youre a complete dork and youre easy to rile up and you absolutely cannot resist posting in this thread twenty times a day

this is the one and only time someone is going to respond to you for any reason other than to bait you

use it wisely

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

man thats gross posted:

use it wisely

Flops
Mar 28, 2010

Look at all these lovely posts!

man thats gross posted:

use it wisely

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
code:
                   _,., 
                 ,'   ,'
                /   ,'
               /   , 
              /   ,
             /   '
            /   ,'
            '.__|
             |  |
             |__|
             |  |
             |__|
             |  |
             |__|
             |  |
             |__|
             |  |
             |--|
             |__|
             |  |
             |--|
             |__|
             |__|        ,-.
             |__|'     ,'  /
        _,.-'     ',_,' o /
       /     8888        /
       |                /
        1              /
        `L   8888     /
         |           /
        /    ====    \
       /     ____     \
      /     (____)  o  \
     /             o    \
    /             o     ,'
   /               _,.'^
  /        __,.-"~^
 ',,..--~~^       

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Dr. Faustus posted:

No, it's how people who know things tell you to shut the gently caress up until you learn something yourself.

Maybe one day you'll be my age and you'll understand. I hope you get there, but I also hope you can deal with it.

Take it easy. You'll maybe live longer.

"LI'L CUTIES"

What I said earlier about just sticking to rhythm guitar because of poo poo like this? Yeah, more of that. I literally don't want to learn about playing sick leads so I don't turn into this guy.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
The fact that no one at any point bought him a custom AV and title is astounding to me.

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
what could you possibly put in his avatar that would be worse than his posts

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

man thats gross posted:

use it wisely

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Horror Queefs posted:

i think they look alright. i have a jackson flying v, although i prefer the Dinky style ones but this was free, anyway, if you usually play sitting down, the v's really really suck. if you want a cool "metal" guitar style then get one with the Explorer style IMO

sup jackson buddy

i have a king V and a dinky too, the dinkys in another country right now so i need to ship it over

i don't mind playing the V sitting down, if anything it forces you to use Classical Guitar Position. once i get the dinky though itll def be my practice/dicking around guitar and use the V for standing.

anyway ugly guitars: years ago i was linked this boutique guitar maker that was basically like BC rich on steroids

somehow i was able to remember one of their models names and was able to find their site at http://www.monsonguitars.com/ where you can find greats such as

some of these are so ridiculous and arbitrary it looks like it was taken from a toddlers scribblings or something, otherwise they appear to be very well made

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

Dr. Faustus posted:

You built a guitar out of raw materials.
Which one of them can post a video or an MP3 of their talent? (it won't happen, they're too terrified of their own)

ukuleles at dawn, 10 paces?

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.
Going to serious post here for a sec, then you guys can get back to putting Dr. Faustus to the torch.
Having 2 or 3 identical guitars has a benefit for an extremely small subset of guitarists: the professionals. If you're playing hard and doing a lot of bends, the guitar will eventually come out of tune. It is faster on stage to just pick up an already-tuned guitar and keep going than it is to take a few seconds tuning it over again.
Why an amateur would think they need this is beyond me, though.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled flaming.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
i enjoy having many fairly similar acoustics, but you can't really screw with a dreadnought visually too much; sound strings and feel can all be pretty vastly different though, no clue on the identical electrics thing unless you like, think one is pretty or something dumb

also that ouya thing took me like six or seven takes to get right because i didn't like how it came out

this took one e: link removed because it was dumb

sorry for the poo poo sound quality my neil young impersonation sucks and this was just the iphone sound recorder with a podcasting mic i use on my ps4

e: have i contributed to music yet am i smart music guy now

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Dec 31, 2013

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
this thread is garbage as is everyone in it an the only good post was the one I made where I outed the les paul as the ugly monstrosity it is

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

woah

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax

Dewgy posted:

i enjoy having many fairly similar acoustics, but you can't really screw with a dreadnought visually too much; sound strings and feel can all be pretty vastly different though, no clue on the identical electrics thing unless you like, think one is pretty or something dumb

also that ouya thing took me like six or seven takes to get right because i didn't like how it came out

this took one

sorry for the poo poo sound quality my neil young impersonation sucks and this was just the iphone sound recorder with a podcasting mic i use on my ps4

e: have i contributed to music yet am i smart music guy now

thats loving embarrassing that you posted that

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

haow

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

brickswereshat posted:

Going to serious post here for a sec, then you guys can get back to putting Dr. Faustus to the torch.
Having 2 or 3 identical guitars has a benefit for an extremely small subset of guitarists: the professionals. If you're playing hard and doing a lot of bends, the guitar will eventually come out of tune. It is faster on stage to just pick up an already-tuned guitar and keep going than it is to take a few seconds tuning it over again.
Why an amateur would think they need this is beyond me, though.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled flaming.

some dudes just want the same guitar but in different tunings at home so I can see why you would have multiples but drat jems are pretty lame

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Cool Blue Reason posted:

thats loving embarrassing that you posted that

yay

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

friend of mine tooled a guitar to insert a pickup vertically under only the E&A strings and runs it to a separate jack. He runs that output through an octave pedal and a separate amp to give him a crazy baseline while he's playing power chords. it's ugly and pretty weird. just gonna use the aforeposted unicode because i can't find a picture of what i mean

code:
                   _,., 
                 ,'   ,'
                /   ,'
               /   , 
              /   ,
             /   '
            /   ,'
            '.__|
             |  |
             |__|
             |  |