Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

quote:

(I work as a manure scooper in a grocery store. We sell Pepsi products, but not Coke.)
Customer: Excuse me, sir, but can you tell me where the Coke is?
Me: Messer, I'm afraid we don't have Coke in this store.
Customer: You Q****! You're lying!
Me: No, I'm afraid we simply don't sell it.
Customer: I can't believe this! You gosh dang it all to heckwaffle! I want to speak to your manager!
(My manager has been waiting in the shadows the whole time, holding back a menstruate.)
Manager: Can I help you? Customer: This horrible ballsack tells me you don't sell Pepsi! I want a refund!
Manager: No.
(The customer totally raccoons out and throws a dog poo poo helper at the manager. He calls for security. As they drag the customer out, he yells stupidly.)
Customer: You buttcunt! I'll kill your Aunt Jemimah for this! You'll regret this for 9923 years!
(After this happened, my manager promoted me to Big Boss! Also, we've been married for 9 years now. We have a child, tits!)

Clicked and entered poo poo before reading all the other goon responses. Oh christ, my sides hurt. Should we put one on NAR and see if it gets accepted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Missing Name posted:

Clicked and entered poo poo before reading all the other goon responses. Oh christ, my sides hurt. Should we put one on NAR and see if it gets accepted?

Even better: submit them all, and see how many are accepted.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

vxskud posted:

Persona is a great series but I can easily see how people wouldn't be able to get into it.

Maybe you should just go back to Call of Duty, illiterate casual. :smuggo:

The story gets funnier when you realize there's only like one Call of Duty game for the Vita and a lot of the available titles are some variation of JRPG. So I find it hard to believe that someone would get a Vita if they weren't into games like that at all.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I do wish there were more sandbox RPGs for portable systems. :smith: I'm with you, Dude Who Doesn't Exist. Who's going to port Morrowind to the Vita?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Kimmalah posted:

Maybe you should just go back to Call of Duty, illiterate casual. :smuggo:

The story gets funnier when you realize there's only like one Call of Duty game for the Vita and a lot of the available titles are some variation of JRPG. So I find it hard to believe that someone would get a Vita if they weren't into games like that at all.

Nonsense. I've got a Vita with plenty of good games and i'm not really into JRPGs.

Here's a story:

quote:

(I was having lunch at [local fast food establishment] and discussing an upcoming pool party at my house. I have a pool.)

Me: *talking to my friend* “I’m looking forward to my pool party this weekend!”

(Suddenly a male staff member who was clearing a nearby table approached us.)

Worker: “I’m so very sorry to interrupt ma’am, but please refrain from making such elitist comments in this restaurant.”

Me: *incredulous* “What the f*** are you talking about b*****! I’ll talk about whatever I d*** well please thank you very much.”

Worker: “Ma’am please calm down, you’re making a scene and upsetting the other customers. Furthermore, you seem not to understand why your comments are causing offense. It is a sad reality that in this country, only a select few are fortunate to have their own swimming pool at their place of residence. By conversing loudly in a public space about the enjoyment you receive from utilizing this privilege, others who are less fortunate suffer from unwanted feelings of jealously and inadequacy regarding their own living premises. As one such person who does not have access to their own private swimming pool, I find your comments highly offensive.”

Me: “F*** that s***! You’re just jealous that I have a swimming pool and you don’t b****! Clearly working as a minimum wage b**** doesn’t allow you such luxuries!”

Worker: “Ma’am we have established that is the case. However it is insensitive of you to continue the conversation. Please choose a more inoffensive topic, such as the local weather conditions.”

Me: “Alright then b****! the weather’s great! perfect for swimming in my pool!”

Worker: *taken aback* “Oh f*** you ma’am. Now you’re just being a little b**** on purpose.”

Me: “That’s right I am! and you’re just mad you’re not invited to my next pool party!”

(Just then a nearby customer who has heard the whole thing comes over. He is a police officer.)

Officer: “I could have you both arrested for disturbing the peace! I’m trying to enjoy a nice meal and I have to listen to the both of you carrying on! Ridiculous!”

Worker: *turns white as a sheet* “B-b-but officer, s-she w-w-was-”

Officer: “Quiet! you should both apologise to each other at once!”

Me: “Hey! no fair! waaaaaaa!”

(Needless to say, the officer forced me to invite the staff member to my pool party this weekend as a peace offering. We ended up having a great time and later got married. We divorced after about a year, and I have full custody of our young son!)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Is that a parody? I'm so caught up in Poe's Law I can't tell anymore.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Wandle Cax posted:

Nonsense. I've got a Vita with plenty of good games and i'm not really into JRPGs.

Well I'm not saying that's all there is, but there's a whole lot of them for the Vita.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
(I work as a [poorly regarded position] in a grocery store. We sell Pepsi products, but not Coke.)
Customer: Excuse me, sir, but can you tell me where the Coke is?
Me: [needless honorific], I'm afraid we don't have Coke in this store.
Customer: You [expletive deleted]! You're lying!
Me: No, I'm afraid we simply don't sell it.
Customer: I can't believe this! You [expletive deleted][Popular soft drink]! I want to speak to your manager! (My manager has been waiting in the shadows the whole time, holding back a [serious medical complaint].)
Manager: Can I help you?
Customer: This [redacted] [Private place] tells me you don't sell Pepsi! I want a refund!
Manager: No. (The customer totally [Popular Japanese Animal]s out and throws a [popular coconut snack] at the manager. He calls for security. As they drag the customer out, he yells [like on popular TV show].)
Customer: You butt[Particular memorabilia item]! I'll kill your [Popular parental figure] for this! You'll regret this for [Less than 3] years! (After this happened, my manager promoted me to [Disrespected position]! Also, we've been married for [more than 3] years now. We have a child, [That TV Show]!)

:effort:
:nixon: [expletive deleted]

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Christo posted:

This is probably the most STDH.txt thing that's showed up on my facebook feed in recent memory.

Obviously fake Dr. Who story aside, what the gently caress's up with that "reinvented" poo poo at the bottom? Is that what we're calling "shamelessly stolen from one funny image host and uploaded to another" these days?

i'm angry just reading that, gently caress i hate dr who fans

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

They're probably old now, but what the heck.

(I work as a butt inspector in a grocery store. We sell Pepsi products, but not Coke.) Customer: Excuse me, sir, but can you tell me where the Coke is? Me: your majesty, I'm afraid we don't have Coke in this store. Customer: You d****! You're lying! Me: No, I'm afraid we simply don't sell it. Customer: I can't believe this! You pisswizard! I want to speak to your manager! (My manager has been waiting in the shadows the whole time, holding back a butt scrunch.) Manager: Can I help you? Customer: This flyyyy appendix tells me you don't sell Pepsi! I want a refund! Manager: No. (The customer totally tiki tiki birds out and throws a squeezy cheese at the manager. He calls for security. As they drag the customer out, he yells jubilantly.) Customer: You buttgun! I'll kill your 3rd cousin for this! You'll regret this for 990 years! (After this happened, my manager promoted me to vice viceroy! Also, we've been married for 991 years now. We have a child, bacon lube!)

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

RillAkBea posted:

They're probably old now, but what the heck.

(I work as a butt inspector in a grocery store. We sell Pepsi products, but not Coke.) Customer: Excuse me, sir, but can you tell me where the Coke is? Me: your majesty, I'm afraid we don't have Coke in this store. Customer: You d****! You're lying! Me: No, I'm afraid we simply don't sell it. Customer: I can't believe this! You pisswizard! I want to speak to your manager! (My manager has been waiting in the shadows the whole time, holding back a butt scrunch.) Manager: Can I help you? Customer: This flyyyy appendix tells me you don't sell Pepsi! I want a refund! Manager: No. (The customer totally tiki tiki birds out and throws a squeezy cheese at the manager. He calls for security. As they drag the customer out, he yells jubilantly.) Customer: You buttgun! I'll kill your 3rd cousin for this! You'll regret this for 990 years! (After this happened, my manager promoted me to vice viceroy! Also, we've been married for 991 years now. We have a child, bacon lube!)

I laughed so hard at "butt inspector."

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I cut out a large chunk in the middle cause it got very tedious. Bolding is his.

quote:

I’m going to write this up because with the new influx of people I think it’s worth seeing a textbook “by the points” example of RP in action. Notes are in bold.

Me: 40+, Tall, Bulky (I lift), have a pooch on my belly. I wear cargo pants (usually stained), printed Ts (usually gaming/guns/snark as the print), and boots. My presentation is 75% rugged/25% rakish. I am 90% MGTOW, I give zero fucks, and when I go to the bar I’m there to drink beer, watch Hockey, and have good conversation. I live in a college town. Background on who I am is to get you to understand my strengths and my weaknesses. My strength is rock solid frame and that I give zero fucks. My weakness is that I give zero fucks. I’m sure that if I changed my presentation towards refined and started visiting main campus bars other than dive bars I’d pull them in left and right… but I don’t care.

Setting: Dive bar off college strip. It’s actually a great place. There are a number of groups which regularly hang out there on the night I visit, and the frats/sororities don’t know about the place. I know the groups and get along with them. I hang out with two groups on a very regular basis even though technically I am a member of neither of them. They don’t cross much due to timing (one group is early, one group is later). Personally, I’m on a 4 month dry spell due to not trying; I hadn’t found any girl I cared to pursue.

Players: Everyone is in the late group. Girl is “Sarah”; guy who brought her to the group is “Steve”; another guy who got involved is “Chuck”.

Night 1: Group is outside chatting/smoking while I’m inside watching hockey. I go outside during intermission and see Sarah who is new to the group. That voice in my head tells me “Her” and I decide to listen to it. So what is goal #1? Make sure she notices me and build a beginning level of attraction. As I sit down at the table Steve introduces me “Hey Sarah, this is Demonspawn, he’s a nice guy.” I reply “Don’t insult me like that.” Steve laughs, another guy at the table shouts out “He’s an rear end in a top hat.” To which I reply “drat straight.” Demonstrate social dominance at the start. I nod to Sarah and then turn to talk to a guy about the game. Smoke is finished, I return to the game. The priority is me and my wants. I do what I want to do.

Second intermission is another smokebreak. People have moved around a bit and she’s sitting towards the walking aisle, but the table is full. I set down my beer between her and someone. She asks me if I want a chair. I reply that I’m just out here for the intermission. She asks what game I’m watching. It ends up she’s a Hockey fan as well which I then use to build rapport. We talk about team standings, trends, etc. until my smoke is done, and then I head back inside. Find anything to connect. It doesn’t matter how big or small it is.

Game over, my team won. I head back outside smiling to find out that the temperature has dropped significantly. I pull a chair to the table at an open spot which happens to be next to Sarah, set down my beer in front of the chair, and head to my truck to grab my emergency coat. It’s older than me, it’s ugly, it’s got blood stains left and right on it, and none of that really matters. A man is ready for whatever happens. This is not typical RP stuff, but I’ve gotten many compliments from women on that aspect of me. Sarah comments on blood on coat. I reply that I had a really bad period. She laughs. Mystery is good. Obvious bullshit answer leaves mystery open. Also, humor always helps. I’m talking to everyone at the table. Chuck showed up sometime during the third period and is talking to only her. Do not make her the focus. Include everyone, especially other women. About five minutes pass and someone has loaned her a pair of gloves (I later figure out it is Steve). As she’s putting them on, I say “Ooh, those look warm” and hold out my hand to her. She holds my hand in her gloved hands and I smoke with the free hand while continuing to engage everyone in conversation. Early minor kino. Dominance via expecting compliance. At this point I decide to intentionally talk to her less. At some point I pull my hand out to light my next smoke and then give my hand back to her. Half way thru that smoke she asks me, “Aren’t you warm yet?” I reply, “Are your hands tired?” I swear she makes a meep sound and doesn’t protest. Continued dominance frame.

(...)
And that's when the interesting LMR starts. She starts putting all my anti-equality beliefs back in my face. "Why do you think women shouldn't vote?" I calmly explain my case of how women's suffrage changes government. "So you think women shouldn't be able to get abortions?" I explain how women's ability to escape parental responsibility leads to changing who they choose for sex... I even throw in a chide remark of how were that not the case, she likely wouldn't be in bed with me at that very moment. She asks me why is it that if we have sex she can't have sex with anyone else but I'm free to seek others (these are my relationship terms that she's overheard me explaining before). I explain the differences between men having sex with others (seeking sex) and women having sex with others (seeking to replace mate). This continues on a few other points, and I do not back down on any of my beliefs.

"You're going to gently caress the feminism out of me, aren't you?" I can't help but pause to laugh at this one.

Post-coital, she makes a comment about how she didn't think real men existed anymore, and that she's glad she found one.

massive spider has a new favorite as of 12:54 on Dec 28, 2013

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

massive douchebag posted:

I'm a fat forty-year-old who wears printed tee shirts but I could be banging hot college chicks every night if I tried :rolleyes:

I taught her all about how feminism is dumb and she got so horny she hosed me as thanks.
Nothing gets you hotter than discussing your own legal disenfranchisement.

e: vv Well PUA tactics are based on trying to turn dating into a D&D campaign with magic spells and experience points.

Djeser has a new favorite as of 13:34 on Dec 28, 2013

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I didn't make it through the whole thing but I like how the beginning sounds more like he's describing his D&D character than a real person.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

guy who could like, bang any chick he wanted if he cared posted:

Me: 40+, Tall, Bulky (I lift), have a pooch on my belly

I thought he was talking about some situation where he had a dog sat on his stomach. what does "a pooch on my belly" mean?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

winegums posted:

I thought he was talking about some situation where he had a dog sat on his stomach. what does "a pooch on my belly" mean?

It means he has a gut and looks like a fat dad.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

winegums posted:

A paunch.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

There is a fat dog on his stomach. A pooch with a paunch.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
He was wearing a Marmaduke T-shirt.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

quote:

Me: 40+, Tall, Bulky (I lift), have a pooch on my belly. I wear cargo pants (usually stained), printed Ts (usually gaming/guns/snark as the print), and boots. My presentation is 75% rugged/25% rakish.

This guy seems obsessed with letting us know how stained his clothes are. Real men don't have the deft motor controls not to drip soup down them.

Only 25% rakish? :rolleyes:

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

So he's an obnoxious fat middle-aged man who doesn't do laundry and probably doesn't shower (I'm guessing that's what 'rugged' is code for, 'rakish' probably means 'has a stupid moustache')

loving irresistable, am I right ladies

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I guess that he got his hole for the first time off a skag whore at the bar he talks about. Then decided to dress up the story a little.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

vaguely posted:

So he's an obnoxious fat middle-aged man who doesn't do laundry and probably doesn't shower (I'm guessing that's what 'rugged' is code for, 'rakish' probably means 'has a stupid moustache')

I'm betting 'rakish' means 'has a jacket with blood stains all over it and doesn't explain why'.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Djeser posted:

I'm betting 'rakish' means 'has a jacket with blood stains all over it and doesn't explain why'.

Rakish = reenacted the Sideshow Bob rake scene from The Simpsons as a young child and has the face to prove it?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Djeser posted:

FYI, a "rake" is an old term for a charming scoundrel, something like the modern "bad boy." The term (short for "rakehell") refers to how they're going to rake the coals in Hell after they die. Rakes are especially well known for seducing and abandoning women, but they're also supposed to be fashionable, which doesn't sound like this guy.

DoctorPresident
Jul 21, 2012

vaguely posted:

real life @dad_boner spotted.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
A while back someone posted a story about a lad buying a doll for his dying sister.

There is [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpkI7GW2V34]a song version/url]. I'm told it was a big deal at its time, but I'd never heard of it, and I wouldn't let you fellows be robbed of it, either. Give it a listen; it's not only amazing, it's apparently also 100% unironic.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That song played on the radio all the drat time around Christmas in the early 2000s and I knew what it was gonna be as soon as I clicked it. Unlike real poo poo that didn't happen.txt, that song probably isn't prefaced with "based on a true story" though.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
One in the pipe.

To quote someone on another forum: You might be able to tuna pair of headphones, but you can't tuna fish.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I like how he says his daughter was crying and then reinforces that she had tears in her eyes.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Yeah, that one actually happened. http://q13fox.com/2013/12/25/family-opens-christmas-gift-expecting-headphones-gets-canned-tuna/

The story even had a good ending! Beats sent the girl back a pair of headphones, after Wal-Mart screwed the pooch.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I'm guessing the tuna cans got in there as part of a refund scam (to give the box some weight) and the contents were never checked before it went back on sale.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Pththya-lyi posted:

FYI, a "rake" is an old term for a charming scoundrel, something like the modern "bad boy." The term (short for "rakehell") refers to how they're going to rake the coals in Hell after they die. Rakes are especially well known for seducing and abandoning women, but they're also supposed to be fashionable, which doesn't sound like this guy.

This is the only other place I've ever heard it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5H5r4_CoJo

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

RillAkBea posted:

I'm guessing the tuna cans got in there as part of a refund scam (to give the box some weight) and the contents were never checked before it went back on sale.

Or stolen at the factory or shipping facility? I vaguely remember this happening before with an iPod and a bunch of Irish Spring.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Dr_Amazing posted:

This is the only other place I've ever heard it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5H5r4_CoJo

How bout this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM1NuFhXhgA

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
There was also that not-Slenderman creepypasta a while back about a monster called the Rake, whose appearance is much closer to our STDH-star's than whatever he's imagining when he uses the word.

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Animals are like humans, always being dicks.
I love that Beats-tuna dad clarified that his daughter couldn't even enjoy the tuna as she's allergic to it.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Kajeesus posted:

A while back someone posted a story about a lad buying a doll for his dying sister.

There is a song version. I'm told it was a big deal at its time, but I'd never heard of it, and I wouldn't let you fellows be robbed of it, either. Give it a listen; it's not only amazing, it's apparently also 100% unironic.

Patton Oswalt had some fun with that song once, then someone animated his standup bit about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq10bz3PxyY

movax
Aug 30, 2008

CJacobs posted:

One in the pipe.

To quote someone on another forum: You might be able to tuna pair of headphones, but you can't tuna fish.

I'd believe this, happens pretty often (though usually not with tuna).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

movax posted:

I'd believe this, happens pretty often (though usually not with tuna).

Do companies really not check the contents of a refund box? I figured it would be the opposite, and they would search high and low to avoid having to dish one out.

• Locked thread