Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

MrTheDevious posted:

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("BAG31")

Thanks.

Unfortunately now the entire city of bereghost seems to be hostile to me. Everything was fine until leaving and killing the giant centepides/getting his kid in the farmers field above the friendly arm inn area. My most recent saves all have the city as hostile.

What did i do :(?

I have a serious question, how much stuff does the BG1/BG2 EE's add to the game? Are the new characters decent?

I have an installation of BGT that works, but some of the BGEE enhancements seem so nice :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Does breach get rid of stoneskin? Was fighting the shadow dragon in BG2 and none of my melee fighters were able to apply any damage at all. Even after repeatedly casting breach. It wasn't giving me messages like the weapon was too low enchanted so it wasn't that I don't think. I was getting hit rolls but no damage was applied.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
Dragons have magic resistance, it might be that your Breach failed to connect. Lower his magic resistance first.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

UberJumper posted:

I have a serious question, how much stuff does the BG1/BG2 EE's add to the game? Are the new characters decent?

I have an installation of BGT that works, but some of the BGEE enhancements seem so nice :(

They fix an absurd amount of bugs and make a really nice UI. They also add at least four new NPCs, each with their own questlines and unique areas and other fun stuff.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012

Kanos posted:

Absolutely not. His fists never even count as magic weapons in BG1 which prevents him from harming most of the dangerous enemies in the game with melee. Like I said, he's probably the single worst NPC in BG1EE from a usefulness standpoint. At least Garrick can sing.

My suggestion is to do his quest just to see it and then dump him for someone not terrible until BG2 where he's actually a great NPC.

I'm not finding him to be that bad tbh. I used EEkeeper to switch his Katana prof. for 1 in Single Weapon Style, and I've got him mainly in the back row of the 2x3 formation using slings (no prof. but he still hits things well enough), but his movement speed gets him up to melee range quickly using Drizzt's Twinkle scimitar (the one with the AC bonus) to support, or more importantly, if anything gets past my front line of Dorn and Kagain to attack Imoen, Neera or my PC who are all at least partly mages. When he's using that weapon he has -6 AC, the best of the party. He definitely isn't a front line fighter though.

biscuits and crazy fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 30, 2013

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost

UberJumper posted:

I don't recall this ever being this frustrating.

The true story of the Bhaalspawn is thus:
He was in Candlekeep, then he left, then he got eaten by a spider 10 hours later. The end.

Corvinus
Aug 21, 2006

Samopsa posted:

Dragons have magic resistance, it might be that your Breach failed to connect. Lower his magic resistance first.

Pretty sure Breach doesn't care about magic resist. It's probably Spell Deflection or a similar spell that's eating the Breaches. I think the original BG2 dragons could generally be simply Breached and then stomped, but BG2EE and SCS beefed up dragons a bit.

Corvinus fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 30, 2013

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Corvinus posted:

Pretty sure Breach doesn't care about magic resist. It's probably Spell Deflection or a similar spell that's eating the Breaches. I think the original BG2 dragons could generally be simply Breached and then stomped, but BG2EE and SCS beefed up dragons a bit.

You're right, breach does not care for magic resistance, it must be a another protection. Try Warding Whip, Dispel/Remove Magic and/or Pierce Magic.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

cheesetriangles posted:

Does breach get rid of stoneskin? Was fighting the shadow dragon in BG2 and none of my melee fighters were able to apply any damage at all. Even after repeatedly casting breach. It wasn't giving me messages like the weapon was too low enchanted so it wasn't that I don't think. I was getting hit rolls but no damage was applied.
I was having the same problem in ToB with Breaches not appearing to do much against some enemies even after I got a messages saying that my target's spell protections were removed. I ended up throwing Breach and then just spamming Greater Whirlwind Attacks. If tactics fail just use brute force.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Hughlander posted:

Is there an easy way to remove one tweak without going through the whole thing again/
The best you can do is run the tweak installer and only hit Yes to the section that contains the tweak you want to remove. Carefully keep hitting [N]o change until you get to the tweak in question and then uninstall.

Weidu (the mod installer framework or whatever) will preserve your install order by reinstalling everything in the proper sequence once you make an actual change.

Corvinus
Aug 21, 2006

Factor_VIII posted:

I was having the same problem in ToB with Breaches not appearing to do much against some enemies even after I got a messages saying that my target's spell protections were removed. I ended up throwing Breach and then just spamming Greater Whirlwind Attacks. If tactics fail just use brute force.

Liches and Rakshasa are immune to Breach, barring certain SCS configurations. Googling around, I see that Dragon Stoneskin (and druid Ironskin) is a little special and isn't affected by Breach and so Pierce Magic has to be used to remove it.

Edit: Wand of Spell Striking on WK level 2 is handy for this.

Corvinus fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Dec 30, 2013

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Rascyc posted:

The best you can do is run the tweak installer and only hit Yes to the section that contains the tweak you want to remove. Carefully keep hitting [N]o change until you get to the tweak in question and then uninstall.

Weidu (the mod installer framework or whatever) will preserve your install order by reinstalling everything in the proper sequence once you make an actual change.

Thanks! That was relatively easy.

One thing I haven't seen posted here, maybe I just missed it. You can up the BG:EE from 30 FPS to 60 FPS max and everything in the world gets a runspeed buff / combat moves faster. It's not really a cheat as everything is effected equally but makes the walking around the same map for the 4th time so much better.

Danger Mouse
Aug 12, 2008
I've run into a bug that I can't seem to find any help for anywhere. I'm playing BG2:EE and have used the BG2 Tweaks mod, specifically the 'Commoners Wear Drab Colours'. The problem is that half the npcs in the game now look like Colossus from Xmen (all silver including their skin). I've tried verifying integrity on Steam, and uninstalling and re-installing the mod, with no luck. Is this something where the colours are 'baked in' once you see an npc and wont change after that? I was shrugging it off but it's actually quite immersion breaking, so if I can't fix it I'll probably re-install and restart

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I'm pretty sure they've fixed that in BG2EE.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Insurrectionist posted:

I'm wondering, is there any way to decide who talks to Hiepherus when you arrive in Kuldahar in IWD2? I was wondering why I couldn't do the old bluff on him until I realized it's probably because it requires the actual Bluff skill (which the first walkthrough I checked agrees on), but the game insists on making my 3 Cha Cleric with probably negative Bluff skills talk to him. Re-arranging the party seems to have no effect on this. Surely there must be SOME way?

When I started reading your post I thought to myself "oh he can just rearrange the party" but if you've rearranged and it didnt help, I have no idea what to suggest. It does not help that it has been so long since I have played. Can you reform the party and tell everyone except your person with bluff to "wait here I'll brb" :v: ?

tirinal
Feb 5, 2007
Aside from shadowdancers not being flagged to receive any of the changes, has anyone found any bugs running Rogue Rebalancing along with BG2EE + SCS ? About to start a playthrough but wanted to confirm it's functional first.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Mickey McKey posted:

When I started reading your post I thought to myself "oh he can just rearrange the party" but if you've rearranged and it didnt help, I have no idea what to suggest. It does not help that it has been so long since I have played. Can you reform the party and tell everyone except your person with bluff to "wait here I'll brb" :v: ?

No, because it's right after a chapter transition AND Oswald's Risky Rides. You don't get control for a second to even quicksave between ending the previous chapter and Hiepherus initiating a talk (making the trial and error before realizing none of the options seemed to work very tedious by the way), and as mentioned, no matter how I rearranged the party, my Cleric was positioned closest to Hiepherus when the in-between-chapter 'cut-scene' ends. I can't remember having an issue with it before to be honest, but I also can't believe I was lucky enough to have a good Cha/Bluff member coincidentally in the right place every time either, and I really couldn't find the right option at all, even knowing what it should be, with my Cleric.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Dreadfully sorry Aerie I know you wanted that sword to get you rescued but my wild mage accidentally gated in a pit fiend who then because of atweaks gated in some more fiends. I'm sure you were just some kind of monster anyway.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

UberJumper posted:

Thanks.

Unfortunately now the entire city of bereghost seems to be hostile to me. Everything was fine until leaving and killing the giant centepides/getting his kid in the farmers field above the friendly arm inn area. My most recent saves all have the city as hostile.

What did i do :(?

Well since all of Bereg hates you, now's a good time to swap to EE :v: I won't play the non-EE versions again ever. UI's so much nicer and the new NPC quests are awesome. They're also really good. Dorn in particular is a loving rapetrain, though all 4 of them are solid as hell. Rasaad turns into a monster too later.

Their questlines are fantastic though even if you don't use them in your party. I've done Dorn and Rasaad's all the way through and they were both :black101:, in the middle of Neera's now and it's crazy as gently caress too. Just swap to EE version while you have a good excuse!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I just vorpal sworded the Shadow Dragon in the Umar hills. I guess that was a well timed Breach :v:.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Mickey McKey posted:

I just vorpal sworded the Shadow Dragon in the Umar hills. I guess that was a well timed Breach :v:.

Once you get Summon Planetar you just need to sick them on any dragon in SoA and the dragon will be dead in 5-10 seconds because of their vorpal effect. They didnt bother making anything immune to vorpal effects in SoA~

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

fong posted:

Once you get Summon Planetar you just need to sick them on any dragon in SoA and the dragon will be dead in 5-10 seconds because of their vorpal effect. They didnt bother making anything immune to vorpal effects in SoA~

This is hilarious.

What is not hilarious is that I got Maze cast upon my PC and have been disappeared for ~15 minutes real time, and I have 12 intelligence.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

fong posted:

Even before HLAs existed the safest way to take on a dragon was to distract it with a bunch of chaff summons while you reduced magic resistance, stacked Malison, and cast one of the save based instant kill spells.

I think it is you can stack Malison and Greater Malison and then it will statistically connect more often than not.

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
Nap Ghost
So my evil character told Dorn that Edwin was talking poo poo about him behind his back, upon which Dorn hacked him into pieces in a single blow. Not one to ruin a hilarious practical joke with a quickload I instead went to a temple to get him a rez, upon which I was informed that Edwin didn't think the incident was quite as funny as I did and left the party.

Now I can't find him at his usual spot anymore. Is there a way for me to apologize and get him back or do people leave the party permanently in such cases?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

peak debt posted:

Now I can't find him at his usual spot anymore. Is there a way for me to apologize and get him back or do people leave the party permanently in such cases?

They leave for good. Every single evil NPC will cause at least one other NPC to leave the party permanently in BG2. I think Dorn's sword-of-cutscene-power thing is the only example in BG1.

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
Nap Ghost
Oh well I didn't need his nonidentifying rear end anyway there's plenty of better mages.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
What are the steps for properly changing classes? Just finished BG1 on my ranger/cleric and want to import him into bg2 but want to change his class. I've seen the breakdown in this topic before but it's 60 pages long. It's somethin like changing his experience/level to 0?

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Use EE Keeper and:
Set hp (max and current) to 1.
Set level to 0 / 0 / 0.
Set experience to 1.
Erase all proficiencies.
Erase all spells (and inate abilities).
Set class to whatever you want.
Set all the thieving skills to 0.
Also set the 'to hit' to 20 (just to be sure -- I don't think you need to though).
Then in game, add the EXP using the debug console.

pogothemonkey0
Oct 13, 2005

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Why not just start a new character? Seems like it would just be easier to create a new dude and shadowkeeper in stats to account for the tomes in BG1.

Out of curiosity, what do you plan on changing him into?

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

MrTheDevious posted:

Well since all of Bereg hates you, now's a good time to swap to EE :v: I won't play the non-EE versions again ever. UI's so much nicer and the new NPC quests are awesome. They're also really good. Dorn in particular is a loving rapetrain, though all 4 of them are solid as hell. Rasaad turns into a monster too later.

Their questlines are fantastic though even if you don't use them in your party. I've done Dorn and Rasaad's all the way through and they were both :black101:, in the middle of Neera's now and it's crazy as gently caress too. Just swap to EE version while you have a good excuse!

The problems i am having have been with the EE edition. :smith:

Honestly i think i just need to nuke my BGEE folder and reinstall and restart fresh. Ajantis keeps giving me invalid #<some number> for his dialogues. So i think something is permanantly broke.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mickey McKey posted:

What is not hilarious is that I got Maze cast upon my PC and have been disappeared for ~15 minutes real time, and I have 12 intelligence.

So it says in the spell description that Maze is supposed to end in a certain number of rounds based on the receiver's intelligence. My PC has a 12 intelligence and the effects of Maze never wore off. The game does not pause if you alt-tab (its how I let my characters move without using the console or increasing their speed with EEKeeper) and I walked away for more than a half-hour. The only thing that happened was the party complaining about not moving - I was still under the effects of Maze and had to load. Anyone ever experience this before?

Semi-mental
Feb 5, 2007
You must be a couple of pansies

Mickey McKey posted:

So it says in the spell description that Maze is supposed to end in a certain number of rounds based on the receiver's intelligence. My PC has a 12 intelligence and the effects of Maze never wore off. The game does not pause if you alt-tab (its how I let my characters move without using the console or increasing their speed with EEKeeper) and I walked away for more than a half-hour. The only thing that happened was the party complaining about not moving - I was still under the effects of Maze and had to load. Anyone ever experience this before?

I could have sworn that if the PC gets Mazed then it's just game over, same as if you died? Or is that some other spell? Maybe that's just bugged out.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Semi-mental posted:

I could have sworn that if the PC gets Mazed then it's just game over, same as if you died? Or is that some other spell? Maybe that's just bugged out.

That's Imprisonment you're thinking of.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

That's Imprisonment. Which only does that because it removes you from the party.

Dragonrah
Aug 22, 2003

J.C. Bearington, III

Semi-mental posted:

If your PC is mazed and your party dies, it'll automatically kill you too.

Sadly this has happen to me several times.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Anyone experienced a bug where Rancor just kinda stops working for Dorn? I think it started when a Nereid killed him but he hasn't gotten the THAC0 bonus from a kill in ages.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Dragonrah posted:

If your PC is mazed and your party dies, it'll automatically kill you too.

Sadly this has happen to me several times.

My party didnt die, though. My PC got mazed, party killed the wizard that cast it, then I let the game sit there waiting for my PC to stop being mazed for 30 real-time minutes (party complaining about being idle the whole time); it never went away, forcing me to load a save.

Iggles
Nov 24, 2004

By Jove! Commoners!

You could just have bought/Console'd in a scroll of Freedom

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Captain Oblivious posted:

Anyone experienced a bug where Rancor just kinda stops working for Dorn? I think it started when a Nereid killed him but he hasn't gotten the THAC0 bonus from a kill in ages.

Yup seems to have stopped working for me about half way through bg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Iggles posted:

You could just have bought/Console'd in a scroll of Freedom

Will Freedom work on someone that the spell cant target, though? Though you just cast it in an area, dont you? I would have had to console it in because I was in the Planar Sphere, but I will keep that in mind for the future if it (apparently?) bugs out again.