Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

He looks like he's having problems moving his bowels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Knuc If U Buck posted:

He looks like he's having problems moving his bowels.

I'm hoping that shot isn't representative of his face in general, because he went from Generic Guy With Beard to Squinty McClayface. I've loved the FCO work so far, but that one just doesn't sit right.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

I'm hoping that shot isn't representative of his face in general, because he went from Generic Guy With Beard to Squinty McClayface. I've loved the FCO work so far, but that one just doesn't sit right.

Nah, I'm to blame for the bad Hanlon face, not the FCO guy nor the guy who did the alternative faces plugin. I tried to use Kristofferson as a reference, but it's clear I failed to get it right, so I'm reworking it now.

StickyNavels
Apr 3, 2009
I kind of like it. Looks like a weather-bitten cowboy.

Even further removed from the concept art than the original, though.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Has anyone gotten a separate weather mod to work in TTW's Capital Wasteland alongside URWLNV? I've tried using Xepha's dynamic weather converted for it but it doesn't seem to work, which really sucks because I really want those dang clouds/that lighting in my game.

As much as the default lighting is great for screenshots on sunset/sunrise, the rest of the day kinda looks really 'off' in comparison to the Mojave.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I would kill for both a port of Dynamic Weather to New Vegas, and a TTW compatible version. Also a decent ENB preset to use along side.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Also a heads up that the latest version of TTW alpha was just released a few days ago.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Is there any mod that adds some kind of straight pull rifles into the game? I guess the main contender is the k-31 or some other kind of Schmidt Rubin.

Edit: Of course the ideal would be a k-31 that "mods into" a Zfk-55

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Dec 26, 2013

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

There's a slew of textures missing from the Armor Collection mod, stuff from Bulletstorm and Borderlands and such. Anybody know where to get those?

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Is there a mod that allows me to turn on certain aspects of hardcore mode while turning off others? I would like weighted ammo but I do not find meter management simulator 2010 very fun.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Man Whore posted:

Is there a mod that allows me to turn on certain aspects of hardcore mode while turning off others? I would like weighted ammo but I do not find meter management simulator 2010 very fun.

This should do it:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/39157/

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Is it an accepted "normal" thing to have the game basically 'pause' for a second almost every time you turn around quickly? The actual FPS is pristine other than the pauses. And actually it's more noticeable inside of larger indoor areas than it is outside. I'm on a fairly fresh install with all official DLC in the correct load order and some visual mods installed. My system's an overclocked 2500k with a GeForce 670. Before I bothered getting into detail (and maybe trying to fix this myself, messing around with mods) I thought I'd try to see if this was a pretty common thing at all when you start tossing a bunch of visual overhauls, ENB, and higher-res textures into the game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah, that happens to me too. New Vegas has a lot of tiny micro-stutter 'hitches' that you can't really do anything about. There is a stutter remover mod that I believe is in the OP, but yeah, once you start putting in graphical mods the game chugs a little bit when you move too fast.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'll follow up on my issue in the second-to-last post, in case anyone else is looking for help with that sort of thing. I didn't consider that I'd have VRAM problems with 2GB in New Vegas but between replacement textures and downsampling from 1440p, it seems that was the case. I took the resolution down to 1080p and that alleviated the 'machinegun temporary freezing' issue by a very large amount.

hail caesar

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I'm having trouble with a New Vegas Bounties trigger in Freeside. I'm supposed to go to a spot and trigger a message about a corpse, but the message isn't popping up. The bum that NVB introduces to tell you where to go is there like he should be. I have Freeside Open installed but also have the compatibility patch for NVB there as well. Any suggestions?

radlum
May 13, 2013
I played this game for a long time in my Xbox 360 and now I want to play it modded. Any suggestions? Are there essential mods that I should have (like the Unofficial Patches, SKSE, SPERG and SkyUI are for Skyrim)?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Mission Mojave is considered the largest, most comprehensive "community fix". It's not really necessary, though.

At the very minimum you should get the Darnified UI running as it makes the text much more readable in that it's not taking up 70% of your screen.

If you're up for it, the Fook/Project Nevada Convergence is very highly recommended. I'm using the "I'm loving crazy" set up, which includes EVE, World of Pain and all that jazz and they've done a very good job at making everything play nice. A World of Pain adds in a bunch of new dungeons all around the world. They're far, far more challenging than any vanilla NV content, though, so be warned.

Also get Fallout Character Overhaul. It's linked in the OP. It basically makes the characters look like actual people rather than simulacra.

e: Some other "graphic" overhauls that I feel are very nice are

Caesar's New Regime - Basically makes there more variety among the Legion. Adds in new embellishments to their armour, also adds a few extra things to make playing in the Legion slightly more attractive.

NCR Trooper Overhaul - Does to the NCR what Caesar's New Regime does to the Legion. Adds in new, lore-friendly meshes, updates textures, adds slightly more variety etc.

These do add in new content other than just the visual updates. I do feel it's all very lore-friendly though. if you care about that (I'm a stickler for stuff like that)

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Dec 29, 2013

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Mission Mojave can break a lot of poo poo, JSawyer has all the fixes you need.

radlum posted:

I played this game for a long time in my Xbox 360 and now I want to play it modded. Any suggestions? Are there essential mods that I should have (like the Unofficial Patches, SKSE, SPERG and SkyUI are for Skyrim)?

The first thing is don't go too crazy. Pick and choose carefully or you're in for a major headache, take it from someone who always seems to reach the mod limit and has to spend hours weeding out conflicts and merging stuff. Depending on your rig you can pour all the texture and mesh replacers at it that you want, but mods that alter the game world or add tons of scripts are to prone to causing instability. Use FNVEdit and Wrye Flash to create merged and bashed patches, and ask here if you encounter any problems.

Essential: FNVEdit, Wrye Flash, FOMM, NVSE, DarnUI, CASM (remember to disable all default auto-saving), MCM, NVAC, FNV4GB (Win8 version), NVC

Recommended: NMC, Ojo Bueno, Wasteland Clothing Hi-res, Book of Water, JSawyer, IWS, Nevada Skies or Project Reality, Improved LOD, Improved LOD Noise, Signature Armor, Signature Weapons, WRP, WMM, WAR, FCO, WFO, Tailor Maid, Satchels, WMX, Precision Collision, MG NCR, LPAM, The Armory, EBT

Fixes/Restoration: Outside Bets, Pacer's Gambit, A Thorny Situation, A Van Graff Scorned, A Koch and Bohr Story, Rotface to Riches

There are also a lot of ENB presets. I like Enhanced Shaders myself as it's more subtle than most.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Dec 29, 2013

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Man, I don't know about that. Mission Mojave is kind of bad, but I'd no problem recommending NVEC BugFixes or, better yet, YUP. YUP is compatiable with just about everything because it constrains itself to just bugfixes and does not fall into Feature Creep with any "enhancements".

edit:

Fereydun, your avatar. Please inform where it's from.

GrizzlyCow fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Dec 29, 2013

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

So I found a Schmidt rubin mod but they went crazy with caliber and had to make it the 7.55. Can I remod that to a .308?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Technically 7.5x55 uses a .308 bullet so :v: But yes you can change that in the geck, load it up with the mod you wanna change set to active, then find it in the weapons tree, double click it, then:

Just click that and change it to AmmoList308 I believe.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

radlum posted:

You don't need any unofficial patch fixit mods, and don't use Mission Mojave. YUP sounds promising but I don't use it, so eh.

As for other mods, the OP of this very thread is kept up to date and has a lot of good stuff in it. Pick what looks cool. Alternately, play unmodded, find out what bugs you, then find out what's available to fix it. New Vegas is a very good experience out of the box.

Capn Beeb posted:

Just click that and change it to AmmoList308 I believe.

The important part here is that it has List. There will be some other Ammo_308 entries, but those won't let you use the various types of 308 (regular, JSP, AP, HP, etc) so be sure to pick the right one.

I had to fix a couple mods which forgot to do this for MFC so they could only use stock MFCs. Not helpful when I only have MFC Optimized, for example.

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 29, 2013

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
So I've encountered something weird. Invisible NPCs. So far it only seems to happen in indoor areas. There's no missing meshes or textures, and when I use VATs you can see the outline of them, it's just they're completely invisible. Anyone encounter anything like this?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

radlum posted:

Robco Certified and Smiley Top's robot race let you be a robot who builds/fixes other robots like some kinds of prototype Von Neuman device. Its pretty great and has a good sense of progression.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

SplitSoul posted:

Mission Mojave can break a lot of poo poo, JSawyer has all the fixes you need.

The first thing is don't go too crazy. Pick and choose carefully or you're in for a major headache, take it from someone who always seems to reach the mod limit and has to spend hours weeding out conflicts and merging stuff. Depending on your rig you can pour all the texture and mesh replacers at it that you want, but mods that alter the game world or add tons of scripts are to prone to causing instability. Use FNVEdit and Wrye Flash to create merged and bashed patches, and ask here if you encounter any problems.

Essential: FNVEdit, Wrye Flash, FOMM, NVSE, DarnUI, CASM (remember to disable all default auto-saving), MCM, NVAC, FNV4GB (Win8 version), NVC

Recommended: NMC, Ojo Bueno, Wasteland Clothing Hi-res, Book of Water, JSawyer, IWS, Nevada Skies or Project Reality, Improved LOD, Improved LOD Noise, Signature Armor, Signature Weapons, WRP, WMM, WAR, FCO, WFO, Tailor Maid, Satchels, WMX, Precision Collision, MG NCR, LPAM, The Armory, EBT

Fixes/Restoration: Outside Bets, Pacer's Gambit, A Thorny Situation, A Van Graff Scorned, A Koch and Bohr Story, Rotface to Riches

There are also a lot of ENB presets. I like Enhanced Shaders myself as it's more subtle than most.

Why do people insist on recommending WMX and not WME? WMX may have melee weapon mods, but it has really dull mods for firearms. I find WME to be almost universally better.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Infinity Gaia posted:

Why do people insist on recommending WMX and not WME? WMX may have melee weapon mods, but it has really dull mods for firearms. I find WME to be almost universally better.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess it's because they like WMX more than you do. It's a pretty radical opinion, I know :v:

Also this is probably not the case now, but I remember back when I first made the decision between them, mod compatibility between WMX and other mods I wanted to use was better than WME and those same mods.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
So I got around to playing New Vegas Bounties 2 and I'm slightly disappointed so far. It just seems to be a bunch of "Let's spawn a fuckload of enemies around you" deal. The Mongol Kid one was annoying, then there was a super mutant gauntlet in a cave somewhere...

Are they all like this? lovely pop references aside, the first one was quite fun in comparison.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Haven't seen this posted yet, so someguy2000 is quitting NV modding, at least for the foreseeable future.
http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/767749-wip-the-siege-of-firebase-zulu/page-24

Someguy2000 posted:

All,

I need to come clean with everyone.

A few months ago, I ceased working on this mod due to both professional and personal demands. Since then, I've been out of sight and out of mind in regards to both the community and team members. Considering the amount of promotion I poured into this project, that's unfair to you all. I apologize for misleading everyone, particularly my teammates.

Abruptly disappearing and then recrudescing is nothing new for me - it's actually a staple insofar as modding is concerned. As I've said before, I'm a mercurial maniac who operates in creative sprints, with sporadic fits of isolation to collect my wits. It can lead to interesting creations born from rapid development cycles (New Vegas Bounties, The Inheritance), but also unfinished fiascos (Bloodlines: The Order - a few of you might remember it). For a few days, I've been lurking at the Nexus, surveying recent work, and I'm displeased with it, to say the least. My well-intended but haphazard updates to NVB may end up doing more harm than good, and Russell remains a clusterfuck for some users.

Truth is, I have zero desire to deal with this engine anymore. With the run-up to Fallout 4 (likely out late next year), I might have an epiphany/moment of clarity and clean up some of the wrecks I've left, perhaps over the summer. I just don't know.

Releasing substandard, buggy betas while promoting mods that will never see the light of day (Sinners and Slaves) is just lovely, no way around it. I know, I know - promoting incomplete or proposed content is pretty much a mainstay of the modding community, but I feel I took it further, with interviews, developer diaries (such f***ing bulls*** in retrospect), and glib posts on mere ideas, not substance. I can do better than that.

As strange as it may sound, I sometimes hate NVBI. A hasty, three-week production culminated in a small mod that continues to eclipse all my other releases. The design was linear, the dialogue sometimes clumsy, the references obvious, and the voice acting... abysmal (Randall notwithstanding). In focusing on these flaws, I suppose I lost sight of its strengths: stability, simplicity, and a tight, easily digestible narrative. The timing of its release was also a key factor. I only bring this up because recent introspection has spurred me to re-evaluate how I mod from here on out.

Here's what I'll say about future work:
- No more diaries, interviews, or teasers.
- Finished releases only. No alphas, betas, or "It's all done except voice acting"
- I won't work on a mod that I can't get to beta in under three months. Every mod I've worked on beyond that scope has failed.
- I'll work alone (excepting voice actors or occasional art work). This is not a dig at teammates - far from it. I feel that my changeable, hyper-introverted personality undermines communication and cooperation. If you're talented, get with a team where you can flourish. Working with me is more often than not a dead end.

I've been going over some of the probable questions relating to this mod, as well as other projects, so here is an attempt at FAQ's:
Q: So, is The Siege of Firebase Zulu dead?
A: Yes, at least for the foreseeable future.

Q: Are you really finished modding for Fallout: New Vegas?
A: Yes.

Q: What about New Vegas Bounties III?
A: The characters and narrative from NVBIII will be adapated for FO4, or possibly FO:NV 2 (if it gets made). Depending on the time period (all signs point to 2299 now). If not, I'll conclude it in other means (holotapes, notes, etc.) in later mods. All my Fallout mods will remain interconnected on some level.

Q: Does this mean you'll work on Skyrim now?
A: Maybe. Maybe not. I will make familiarization with Papyrus a priority until FO4 ships. Whether or not anything comes to fruition out of it remains to be seen. I'm sitting on a half-finished vampire-hunting questline, but it's absolute s***. The player runs around with a self-loathing, skooma-addled dhampir killing a**hole bloodsuckers in each town. It's an on-rails, fedex killing spree. No deeper themes or moral ambiguity, just slaying faceless asshats. In other words, s***.

Q: Will you patch up NVBII and Russell?
A: I have zero interest in it right now. Maybe later.

Q: Will you ever answer PM's again? At the least, why not delete some old PM's so your mailbox isn't full?
A: I don't know.

Q: Are you drunk?
A: When I wrote this on word last night, yes. I decided to post it (unedited) while sober.

I had half a mind to just vanish without any explanation, but that was just too chickenshit for me. I will be gone for a bit, so please refrain from excessive groaning or gnashing of teeth if I fail to respond. This is my hobby, and I can't fake it when the motivation isn't there. The next time you hear from me, I'll have something real. Perhaps another mindless orgy of violence set amidst the high fantasy bullshittery of Skyrim. Whatever it is, it will be bloody, and it will have balls. If that goes against the grain of immersive bodices or whatever, so be it. That's just how express myself, and I can't fake it.

Lastly, I appreciate the ongoing support from the community. Even when I f*** up or go in hiding from the modding world, the encouragement never ceases. It has a funny way of inducing both guilt and renewed passion in the inactive modder. Remorse usually stems from the fact that players continue to rally around a mod that is effectively dead as disco, often encouraged by the modder's past predictions of grandiose content and exciting features. However, it can also pump life into the creative sinews, reminding modders that some people still enjoy their work, and thus future projects will have an audience. With that in mind, thank you. It's been a phenomenal run in Fallout: New Vegas, and I look forward to future work in the Nexus... eventually.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I can respect that. It takes a strong person to understand when the fault lies with them, and I appreciate his honesty. Sometimes, you just need to get away from your hobbies and try new things. I certainly have more respect for someone who addresses their own faults, than someone who is convinced that others are in the wrong for their shortcomings *Arthmoor*

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

drat it, I was really excited for firebase Zulu. I'm tired of playing cowboy, I want some war in my New Vegas and firebase Zulu seemed to be exactly what I was looking for. I hope he releases what work hes got done and maybe someone else can salvage it or at least make a mod like it.

Also New vegas Bounties II was far better than the first Bounties. :colbert:

The post seems kinda dated though in that he thinks 2299 is genuine and fallout 4 is going to ship sometime soon.

EDIT- drat it IWS I want to like you but you made my game so unstable. I never had to deal with a crash every hour and it scares me.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Dec 30, 2013

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Man Whore posted:

EDIT- drat it IWS I want to like you but you made my game so unstable. I never had to deal with a crash every hour and it scares me.

Don't know how much it might help, but one thing I've noticed is that IWS base doesn't hurt my stability all that much, but start using the add-ons for faction patrols, guards to the cities, etc. and suddenly my game has serious memory problems.

Fair Bear Maiden fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Dec 30, 2013

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Don't know how much it might help, but one thing I've noticed is that IWS base doesn't hurt my stability all that much, but start adding the add-ons that add patrol, guards to the cities, etc. and suddenly my game has serious memory problems.

Ah that must be it then, which is a shame because that is my favorite part of the mod.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
This is gonna sound demanding of me but is there any way to play NV in Borderless Windows?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

And poo poo, sorry to be a bother again, but I keep getting an "iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile" whenever I launch WyreFlash and none of my mods display. Whenever I close it, I get the following error:

"Runtime Error:

Program: C:\Python27\pythonw.exe

R6025
- pure virtual function call"

Now that's pretty obviously a problem with python, but I've uninstalled and reinstalled it multiple times, using the steps in this video, and for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to fix this. Any help?

E: Launched the debug one, here's the log:

Found Python at 'C:\Python27\python.exe'
Launching Wrye Bash in debug mode
bosh.py 12190 __init__: Using BOSS API version: 2.1.0
bosh.py 12190 __init__: Using BOSS API version: 2.1.0
PM Archive panel disabled due to Import Error (most likely comtypes)
basher.py 4842 __init__: Wrye Flash NV in ANSI Mode
R6025
- pure virtual function call
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "G:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Mopy\bash\basher.py", line 4999, in RefreshData
with balt.Progress(_("Mark Mergeable")+' '*30) as progress:
File "G:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Mopy\bash\balt.py", line 1047, in __init__
self.dialog.SetFocus()
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\wx-3.0-msw\wx\_core.py", line 10132, in SetFocus
return _core_.Window_SetFocus(*args, **kwargs)
wx._core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "hWnd" failed at ..\..\src\msw\window.cpp(561) in wxWindow::SetFocus(): can't set focus to invalid window

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Dec 31, 2013

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Try grabbing Wrye Python 08 from the optional files here and installing that.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Raygereio posted:

Try grabbing Wrye Python 08 from the optional files here and installing that.

That worked, thank you!

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Just did a clean install and loaded up on some new mods, but I'm having two problems.

Firstly, facial animations seem to be playing too fast (maybe all animations, but facial anims for sure). When characters are talking they play through the animation for a line of dialogue before the audio is finished.

Secondly, the game is crashing to desktop immediately after the Hardcore Mode option box has closed.

Anyone know what's wrong? Load order below.

quote:

Removed

I'm also using the 4GB patch

Never mind, fixed the crashing with a reinstall. Fixed the animation problem with Vsync, which I thought was already on but was actually forced off in the Nvidia control panel for some reason.

Veotax fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jan 1, 2014

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

The Iron Rose posted:

This is gonna sound demanding of me but is there any way to play NV in Borderless Windows?

There's a mod for that.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Are there any mods that cut down on the drudgery of ammo breakdown and creation? Breaking and making thousands of rounds capped at a hundred a transaction is growing intolerable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

McTimmy posted:

Are there any mods that cut down on the drudgery of ammo breakdown and creation? Breaking and making thousands of rounds capped at a hundred a transaction is growing intolerable.

Gtab's Improved Ammo in the OP.

And there's this.