Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

Pile of Kittens posted:

My bird pooped on my bedsheets and a visitor was like, wow that's gross. I told them, get used to it. What have I become?

One time someone looked in my rat cages and was like "Th...they poop in there? EW."

Well...where....where do you think they SHOULD be pooping? :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uptown
May 16, 2009
I stopped inviting one of my very good friends over because her husband doesn't like dogs and she doesn't go anywhere without him.

The dogs live here. You don't. gently caress off.

Cat Plant
Feb 11, 2007

There used to be green cats but they turned into plants because they slept too much.
I went out overnight after cleaning and washing the cat litter tray. I also forgot to fill it back up and put it out for the cat to use.

I came home to a poop under the tray lid, a wee in a plastic tray left on the floor and a wee on a square of bubble wrap that had been kicked under a piece of furniture. My cat is the best.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
One of my cats is very picky about how clean the litter box needs to be. The other has no problems with a filthy box. About twice a month I will forget to clean it every other day like I'm supposed to and I wake up to a poop on one of our rugs. They're really cheap rugs and she never does it on the carpet so I just feel bad for her every time. I'm sorry your box is too repulsive for you Terra! You're a Good Cat.

RetroVirus
Jun 27, 2004

I should be getting pet food sooner now that road conditions can be lovely from ice/snow but I still wait the last minute. Last week I waited and I was too spooked to drive on the roads so my cats had no food for a day. I gave them some dog food and scrambled eggs. :(

They didn't eat much of it and instead screamed all day. I felt like poo poo!

Clockroach
Dec 12, 2010

Ginny Field posted:

I also don't mind when someone at the vet's office or the pet store refers to us as "mommy and daddy" because people do that all the time and it seems like more of a headache to ask them to stop.
When I was a kid and helped my dad take our dog to and from the vet, the ladies working never seemed to think it was creepy to call us Mommy and Daddy. :barf:

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I did have to ask my very favorite groomer involved quite heavily with my brokedawg to stop calling me "Bindi's Mom". However, afterwards, when I started working with that groomer for real cash money, all human clients were referred to in the ungendered 'pet parent', and other gender pronouns disappeared around me. I hope I was not the cause there.

Clandestine!
Jul 17, 2010
My dog took a dump on the front step. I picked it up, bagged it, and then threw the bag at his head. He did not know what to do.

I occasionally go cat bowling. It's exactly what it sounds like.

In the middle of writing this post I noticed that my dog had rapidly defrosting poop stuck to his paw and had been running around with it there for the last 10 minutes. Goddamnit, dog! I cleaned it off, but I can't be arsed to mop the floor right now. There's no visible shitstains, so it's fine, right? :suicide:

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
When my dad talks to my cats, he refers to himself as "dad," but he refers to me as their aunt. I don't know how this works in his mind.

I refer to myself as their person. After one of them licks my hand: "Awww, you love your person!"

topenga
Jul 1, 2003
My friend has an rear end in a top hat cat who is also an attention whore. If you are not paying attention to him, he will meow constantly. We're not supposed to talk back to him because it would just encourage him (not really. He'll still meow. Because he's a dick). When I pet sit and he's around I talk back to him. I almost can't help it. It's like a compulsion. Undoing any "shut the gently caress up, cat!" training they may have done.

I should feel bad about undoing training, but I don't think it actually worked on him anyway. He's very much a "any attention is good attention" kind of cat.

Cat Plant
Feb 11, 2007

There used to be green cats but they turned into plants because they slept too much.
I say that I have a cat and she is my baby.

When I get home I say "Mummy's home!!" as she wraoh's at me.

When I forget to feed her, I say I am a terrible cat mother.

MY MOTHER'S DOGS ARE MY STEPSIBLINGS!

I am unashamed.

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

Clockroach posted:

When I was a kid and helped my dad take our dog to and from the vet, the ladies working never seemed to think it was creepy to call us Mommy and Daddy. :barf:

To be fair, a lot of the time this is because we can't remember your name.

I can remember the names of the 18-26 dogs I might have in various classes at any one time, but hosed if I can remember a single person's name. So "Fluffy's mum" it is.

Clockroach
Dec 12, 2010
I get that it becomes habit, does not stop 10-12 year old me from being mortified and going "NO, Mom is at HOME!" If it was me by myself I'd have probably been okay, or if they only acknowledged "Indy's Dad". I'm not sure what qualifier you'd give to kids though. "Look Indy, it's your family! We need your Dad to sign these forms..."

Yesterday I put my guinea pigs as a cover picture on Facebook, because it's a nice picture, and my Mother-In-Law likes and comments "Aww it's the grandpigs!"

four lean hounds
Feb 16, 2012
I just spun Higgs around in my chair so much that he finally got super-dizzy. He tried to run away and listed terribly to the left as he ran. I was, of course, laughing too hard to comfort him. Maybe that will teach him that the chair belongs to me.

He hid under the bed to recover, and now I'm tossing his puff-ball in apology. :3:

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
I can get Cael to run in super tight circles after the laser pointer. She used to get so dizzy she'd plop over on the spot, her head wobbling all around. I would laugh my rear end off at her and she would quickly get on her feet and stagger off down the hall like a drunk. Now it seems she's caught on because she'll still run in circles, but after about 2 or 3 laps she stops and looks at me all :catstare: "Do I look stupid? cut that poo poo out"

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

Clockroach posted:

I get that it becomes habit, does not stop 10-12 year old me from being mortified and going "NO, Mom is at HOME!" If it was me by myself I'd have probably been okay, or if they only acknowledged "Indy's Dad". I'm not sure what qualifier you'd give to kids though. "Look Indy, it's your family! We need your Dad to sign these forms..."

Yesterday I put my guinea pigs as a cover picture on Facebook, because it's a nice picture, and my Mother-In-Law likes and comments "Aww it's the grandpigs!"

Oh, if they're referring to the kids as the pet's parents that's kind of weird. We normally say "Indy's brother/sister".

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Last night I chased Kalli around the room holding a rat. Chell gave no fucks, Kalli wanted to die.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I guess my dirty secret is that I don't mind being called Vanya's mum, and I think it's cute. :shobon: He's a strange little creature that came into my life through no fault of his own, I raised him from childhood to glorious maturity, and I try to give him guidance and support as he navigates the world and kills vermin. "Owner" seems a bit too impersonal, and the language doesn't really have an appropriate alternate word. I get where the rest of you are coming from, though.

I also make kissy noises at him frequently so maybe my judgement isn't the best.

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Everytime my cat jumps up onto the side of the bath tub after I shower, I just have to sneak poke her in the butt to attempt to make her fall in. (Only 2 or 3 inches of water that drains slowly) I always feel bad after and towel dry her, while she attempts to claw my eyes out, but it's impossible to resist.

Also my real confession, going on with this page's theme, is that I don't give a poo poo when people call themselves mom or dad to a pet, I do it sometimes when I talk to my cat in private. I do draw the line at the creepy rear end people who create online pet personas for their pets. I also talk to cats, a lot. Especially when I'm volunteering at the shelter. Don't give a gently caress if people think I'm weird.
:goonsay:

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
I talk to my cats all the time and use a silly voice when I do, and then sometimes I catch myself talking to people in my silly cat voice and feel so, so ashamed.

E: At least I don't talk back to myself, pretending to be my cat. Whew, that would be over the line. :stonklol:

Rabbit Hill fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Dec 19, 2013

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Sometimes I forget my roommates dog is outside when I let her out to pee and she ends up sitting on the porch for a couple hours :ohdear:

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Rabbit Hill posted:

I talk to my cats all the time and use a silly voice when I do, and then sometimes I catch myself talking to people in my silly cat voice and feel so, so ashamed.

E: At least I don't talk back to myself, pretending to be my cat. Whew, that would be over the line. :stonklol:

Oh yea, silly cat voice always happens. And then I still stare incredibly at people that do baby talk to their children. I am a hypocrite.

Appropriate:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
"Hey you butt. Who's a butt? You're my fairy thing. You white creature, hey, you little brush-tailed white being, you're pointing your face at me. You miniature fox butt. You bun fairy."

Actual transcript of 100% of my conversations with my dog

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
I have a new one for me. I love my "Kitty Chorus" when I feed the cats, especially in the morning when they get their wet food. All 4 of them will sit around my feet and yowl while I clean out the bowl and put that fresh, new, delicious kitty food in there. I sometimes even conduct them.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
I have always encouraged our cats to meow with gusto while I feed them. Sometimes I give them leftovers from lunch if I had extra tuna from a sandwich or something and so they meow ALL THE TIME if I'm in the kitchen. Recently we've had my brother-in-law sleeping on the couch. The living room is right next to the kitchen and he sleeps late. He is always awoken by our kitty chorus when I'm making breakfast. I do not feel bad. It's his fault for sleeping past 10, really. :colbert:

Brillig
Oct 21, 2008

You know the world isn't fair at all. Titles aren't fairly distributed either. In time you'll learn my son. -2Bit
One of our cats associates the kitchen with both food and his favorite type of attention. This means that if my husband so much as sets one toe across the line of the kitchen floor, there is a screaming cat in there. A screaming cat that will rear up on his hind legs and headclonk you in the face as hard as he can if you get too close. One cannot have a conversation with my husband in the kitchen.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Every morning my parents' cat comes down from upstairs a little later than they do. If, as she is coming toward the kitchen for the first time in the morning, you say "kitty!", you will get one adorable meow and one only.

I am pretty sure the cat has no comprehension of what it is actually named and just assumes it is being referred to when it hears "kitty."

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!
I'm a bad cat mommy. :( I spoil my babies to death but after Yorick did this once I had to get him to do it again. Forgive my shrill cackling. He got lots of treats after! He's my big dumb puffy boy. :3:

http://youtu.be/98uwQnGSg10

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Candy Dawn posted:

I'm a bad cat mommy. :( I spoil my babies to death but after Yorick did this once I had to get him to do it again. Forgive my shrill cackling. He got lots of treats after! He's my big dumb puffy boy. :3:

Your cats look basically identical to mine, so it was like seeing my own idiot Alex stumble around with a boxhead. Virtual cat torture is the best kind.

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010

Candy Dawn posted:

You even drew faces on the box :3: That's great!

I've been sick the past few days and when I'm not feeling well every little thing gets on my nerves. Cue Laptop constantly meowing for food last night hours before food time(tm) and me getting more and more fed up with her. Three minutes til food time(tm) I scooped her up and locked her in the bathroom with me while I did my business and laughed (as well as you can with a sore throat, owww) as she frantically dug her paws under the door trying to pry it open. Once I was done I just barely unlatched it and watched her click it closed again. Unlatched it again and she finally pulled it open and slunk out glaring at me... Kitties digging and meowing at doors is only funny when I say it is, Laptop *crosses arms* Meanwhile Nimitz was waiting on the other side of the door being a good kitty waiting patiently for her foodses. Good kitty.

password is taco
Oct 23, 2012
I'm a terrible person. I watch my turtles flop around helplessly for up to 10 minutes for food before I pull them out to feed them in their little bucket. It's just so cute to see them follow me back and forth and splash water everywhere... And then when I put them into the feeding bucket, they try to climb toward the food container that I rattle before I shake some in the water. I'm the worst person. :downs:

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Candy Dawn posted:

That was so much better than I expected. :lol: Yorick is destined for cat stardom.

My PI confession of the day:

Accidentally locked my cat in the kitchen pantry for 20 minutes. Realized after I was done eating lunch that she wasn't meowing at me constantly for food and circling my legs. It's not my fault though, she zips in if I open a closed door an inch.

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!

JayJay posted:

That was so much better than I expected. :lol: Yorick is destined for cat stardom.

My PI confession of the day:

Accidentally locked my cat in the kitchen pantry for 20 minutes. Realized after I was done eating lunch that she wasn't meowing at me constantly for food and circling my legs. It's not my fault though, she zips in if I open a closed door an inch.

That's happened to me. All my cats wanna do is sit in there. They don't get into the food or anything. I can't tell to the number of times I've closed a cat in the pantry.. 9-9

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Yesterday we ran out of dog food. They got peanut butter sandwiches and a bunch of one day past expiry cottage cheese.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

adventure in the sandbox posted:

Yesterday we ran out of dog food. They got peanut butter sandwiches and a bunch of one day past expiry cottage cheese.

The rats haven't had their actual food for like a week. Instead: fat balls, cheesecake, biscuits, etc. I validate it bc they skinny and need to fatten up while it's cold.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
My cats used to have some sort of fascination with our closet in our old apartment. It was a huge closet with clutter in it. The kind of stuff that just accumulates if you live in one place for a while. There's not much they could get into, but I was always worried about them clawing up clothes or deciding it was a good place to pee. Plus, with the clutter, they could easily hide there and be very difficult to find. So we tried not to let them in there. I think this made it even more appealing to try and rush past our feet as soon as they heard that knob turn. Needless to say they got accidentally closed in there on multiple occasions. Sometimes they would sleep quietly on something not giving any shits that they were trapped. I would find them quite a while later (sometimes an hour) and other times they would meow and moan pitifully after just a moment or two.

:downs: "Have you seen Terra?
:confused: "Did you check the closet?"
:( "I haven't been in the closet in hours..."
:colbert: Go check the closet.

candywife
Mar 3, 2011
There are presents under the Christmas tree from my roommates to my cat, but I haven't gotten her anything and probably won't. Every year though, I put her in a tiny Christmas sweater that her fat gut hangs out of, and tie a santa hat on her head and laugh at her and take pictures. When I post them on facebook the replies are typically 50% "This is animal cruelty" and 50% "lmfao this is the best holiday picture"

uptown
May 16, 2009
I read:

candywife posted:

There are presents under the Christmas tree from my roommates to my cat, but I haven't gotten her [my roommate] anything and probably won't. Every year though, I put her [my roommate] in a tiny Christmas sweater that her fat gut hangs out of, and tie a santa hat on her head and laugh at her and take pictures. When I post them on facebook the replies are typically 50% "This is animal cruelty" and 50% "lmfao this is the best holiday picture"

Clandestine!
Jul 17, 2010

Clandestine! fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Nov 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:
A few months ago I adopted a blind kitty, after carefully planning this for months. I put up netting on the windows so she wouldn't fall down, got nice metal food/water bowls for her so she wouldn't get cat acne, bought around 100 lbs of various good quality cat food, all that stuff, so this was hardly an impulse decision. The kitty was the sweetest little thing and we got along great! For example, she would gently wake me up in the morning by lying down on my pillow, softly purring till I opened my eyes.
At the same time, I was not doing so hot health-wise. My scrotum felt all wonky and my right testicle was hurting... and growing. I had this guttural feeling that something just ain't right and that I would end up being away from home for a long time. Since I'm living alone, nobody would be there to take care of the cat and keep her company - cats get bored and lonely, too. My neighbors could have fed her, but she would still be lonely, and being blind, this would have been gitmo-level torture for her.
The adoption contract I signed specifically said that I could return the kitty in case of an emergency, so I did just that. Went to the hospital on the following day, turned out it was testicular cancer and I got an emergency surgery, followed by several months of chemo.
Still I felt like I wronged the kitty somehow, so I donated all of my food and cat stuff to kind people who gave her to me, and later sponsored the kitty by buying her food and litter till she found a new loving home.
The whole thing was a big fiasco and I still feel dirty because of it. :( I'm sorry, Cordy, I'm so sorry. :(

e: grammar.

A SWEATY FATBEARD fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Dec 30, 2013

• Locked thread