Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

we respect the antelope; for the antelope is not a mere antelope

biglads posted:

I've just got a nice OMC 11 year old Bunnahabhain that is rich and fruity and reminds me a bit of their old 18 year old that changed out of all recognition when they changed it to NCF (lots less sherry influence).
Which OMC is this? I tasted one young Bunna, either OMC or Provenance, at a DL tasting in January which was really bold in fruit and had a great mouthfeel despite being so young, and I'd like to try something like that again but I completely forgot to note down the bottle then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I got a bottle of Stagg Jr for Christmas. Has anyone tried it?

Yes. It is delicious. I want to get a bottle for home.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Just got the call. There's a twenty-year-old Pappy waiting for me. I had completely forgotten I was even on the list as I put my name on it two years ago. The twelve year was good but didn't live up to the hype. I hope this is worth the cost.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Bunk Rogers posted:

Just got the call. There's a twenty-year-old Pappy waiting for me. I had completely forgotten I was even on the list as I put my name on it two years ago. The twelve year was good but didn't live up to the hype. I hope this is worth the cost.

Is this a local place where you put your name on it? I can't really afford one right now but in two years I sure can.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Boris Galerkin posted:

Is this a local place where you put your name on it? I can't really afford one right now but in two years I sure can.

I signed up a couple years back with an ABC store in NoVA and complete forgot until I got the call last night. I'm not quite sure how to enjoy a bottle of something that can be flipped for $750 even of I only spent $135 but I'll give it a shot!

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bunk Rogers posted:

I signed up a couple years back with an ABC store in NoVA and complete forgot until I got the call last night. I'm not quite sure how to enjoy a bottle of something that can be flipped for $750 even of I only spent $135 but I'll give it a shot!

You enjoy it by flipping it for $750. There is absolutely no way you will feel good about yourself drinking a that bottle unless you would have been perfectly happy buying it for $750 in the first place. Sell it, go buy a handle of Weller 12, and put $600 profit toward your mortgage.

Or that's what I would do, at least. It's a once-in-a-lifetime experience, for sure, and for some folks that is priceless. If so, enjoy!

Huxley fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 30, 2013

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

What is a common price for Pappy 15? I know there's no way I can find one in a store and I want to purchase one as a gift for someone.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Sublimer posted:

What is a common price for Pappy 15? I know there's no way I can find one in a store and I want to purchase one as a gift for someone.

IIRC, at cost is $150 per bottle but right now it's going for about $550 - $800.

Armed Neutrality
May 8, 2006

BUY MORE CRABS
Man, I love Lagavulin 16 more with every glass. It reminds
me of summer camp, drinking iodine treated water next to a campfire. I never thought I'd like the taste of iodine so much.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Huxley posted:

You enjoy it by flipping it for $750. There is absolutely no way you will feel good about yourself drinking a that bottle unless you would have been perfectly happy buying it for $750 in the first place. Sell it, go buy a handle of Weller 12, and put $600 profit toward your mortgage.

Or that's what I would do, at least. It's a once-in-a-lifetime experience, for sure, and for some folks that is priceless. If so, enjoy!

Depending on where you are, use the profit to travel to a bar that has Pappy in stock and order a glass. Lot cheaper one-in-a-lifetime experience. If you can't think of where to go, I suggest New Orleans - I know at least a couple of bars there that have it permanently on the shelf.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

Sublimer posted:

I got mine for $133 at the local liquor two months ago, now it seems to be $500+ through resellers which is just insane.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Trip report to come

Edit: it is actually tolerable if unremarkable until the finish where as close as I can tell, someone dumped a bottle of rubbing alcohol into a bottle of Dewars.

KhyrosFinalCut fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Dec 31, 2013

NightConqueror
Oct 5, 2006
im in ur base killin ur mans

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Trip report to come

Ugh. I saw this at the store and wanted to puke. I can't imagine what stuff is in that bottle.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Armed Neutrality posted:

Man, I love Lagavulin 16 more with every glass. It reminds
me of summer camp, drinking iodine treated water next to a campfire. I never thought I'd like the taste of iodine so much.

Wish I could be in your shoes. Lagavulin 16 is just under $95/bottle out here.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
If you paid $120 for Pappy 15yr, then your dealer/controller fleeced you pretty good and pocketed the change. Pappy 15yr was $80 at K&L. The 20yr was $120 and the 23yr was $170.

Red7
Sep 10, 2008
Guys,

Long thread so forgive me if this has been brought up before - but are any (probably UK based) goons aware of the Scotch Whisky Appreciation Society? Its a members only shop which does Single Cask malts. In essence they select and buy a cask from a distillery and bottle themselves. Honestly some of the best whisky I've had and the because its single cask, the runs are extremely limited so you have something truly rare as well - which is nice.

Doesn't hurt that theres a club house in London (as well as Leith and Edinburgh) with an entire wall of whisky either. :)

Red7 fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Dec 31, 2013

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Trip report to come

Edit: it is actually tolerable if unremarkable until the finish where as close as I can tell, someone dumped a bottle of rubbing alcohol into a bottle of Dewars.

:spergin: But Odin has two ravens, not just one.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

Red7 posted:

Guys,

Long thread so forgive me if this has been brought up before - but are any (probably UK based) goons aware of the Scotch Whisky Appreciation Society? Its a members only shop which does Single Cask malts. In essence they select and buy a cask from a distillery and bottle themselves. Honestly some of the best whisky I've had and the because its single cask, the runs are extremely limited so you have something truly rare as well - which is nice.

Doesn't hurt that theres a club house in London (as well as Leith and Edinburgh) with an entire wall of whisky either. :)

Do you mean the Scotch Malt Whisky Society? The US branch is piloting retail sales of their bottlings in a select few shops. Hint: It's K&L.

Red7
Sep 10, 2008

kidsafe posted:

Do you mean the Scotch Malt Whisky Society? The US branch is piloting retail sales of their bottlings in a select few shops. Hint: It's K&L.

Haha, yeah had a bit of a bit of a brain fart there! Its that one http://www.smws.co.uk/ :)

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Deleuzionist posted:

Which OMC is this? I tasted one young Bunna, either OMC or Provenance, at a DL tasting in January which was really bold in fruit and had a great mouthfeel despite being so young, and I'd like to try something like that again but I completely forgot to note down the bottle then.

Bottled in September 2013 if that helps? Made some nice purchases up in Scotland this year. Costcutter in Huntley was doing Abunad'h for 30 quid!

Edit: September not October

biglads fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 1, 2014

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

we respect the antelope; for the antelope is not a mere antelope

biglads posted:

Bottled in September 2013 if that helps? Made some nice purchases up in Scotland this year. Costcutter in Huntley was doing Abunad'h for 30 quid!

Edit: September not October
Ok, then that OMC can't be the one that was in the tasting but I'll look into it anyway.

That is a sweet price for A'Bunadh

prefect posted:

:spergin: But Odin has two ravens, not just one.
I suppose the missing one is Huginn because not a lot of thought was put into that ugly thing.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!
Fun Shoe

Voodoofly posted:

Depending on where you are, use the profit to travel to a bar that has Pappy in stock and order a glass. Lot cheaper one-in-a-lifetime experience. If you can't think of where to go, I suggest New Orleans - I know at least a couple of bars there that have it permanently on the shelf.

I'm going to need the names of those bars please.
I got a bottle of Willett Pot Still Reserve for Christmas. I'm more of a scotch drinker, but I'm kind of looking forward to cracking it open and tasting it. I used to hate the flavor of bourbon, but I had a drink of Buffalo Trace a while back (at Jacques Imos as a matter of fact) and quite enjoyed it.
I also received a bottle of Crown Royal XR. It's funny what you get when you ask for scotch..

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

wangvicous posted:

Well Weller is a "wheater", meaning that the secondary grain is wheat not rye. Other wheaters are larceny and Maker's Mark.

I bought a bottle of Maker's 46 from this and it's some good stuff too.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

GEEKABALL posted:

I'm going to need the names of those bars please.

The Sazerac Bar in the Roosevelt Hotel (right across the street from the French District) has had both the 15 and the 23(or whatever the age is around there) in stock the last two times I was in New Orleans (both within the last two years). The Napoleon House (south-ish part of French District) also had the 15 last time I was there.

Of course, you should really save your money and order a Sazerac from the former and a Pimms Cup from the latter, but if you really want to try Pappy, that's a way.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Went to a new liquor store with a selection of scotch that had many distilleries I had never seen before. I opted for a bottle of Glen Grant 10, as it was on sale for ~30 bucks. It's not bad, a decent speyside whisky that doesn't offer too much to distinguish itself from other similar malts. Still, the price was pretty reasonable and I could see myself picking up another bottle of this if it was the cheapest single malt offered.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Visited a liquor store I usually don't have the opportunity to frequent and they have a bunch of bourbons we usually don't get as a result of there having been a whiskey festival in the area recently. Overwhelmed with choice I took down some names to help draft up a shopping list.

So far based on searching this thread I've figured that my "should get" list would be the following: Jack Daniels Single Barrel, Evan Williams Single Barrel, Basil Hayden's (8 year), Baker's (7 year). I've never tried any of them.

I'm also considering Booker's True Barrel but not sure if it's the Booker's that people have been talking about or a variant. Can anyone clarify?

These five bottles together would run me just under $300, trying to figure out a way to narrow it down.

Edit: Looks like it's "the" Booker's. Good thing I took pictures to get the names (and prices). Still, maybe could I get some input on how to narrow down to 3 bottles? I have a feeling the single barrels will be the recommended drops.

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 9, 2014

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Kenny Logins posted:

Visited a liquor store I usually don't have the opportunity to frequent and they have a bunch of bourbons we usually don't get as a result of there having been a whiskey festival in the area recently. Overwhelmed with choice I took down some names to help draft up a shopping list.

So far based on searching this thread I've figured that my "should get" list would be the following: Jack Daniels Single Barrel, Evan Williams Single Barrel, Basil Hayden's (8 year), Baker's (7 year). I've never tried any of them.

I'm also considering Booker's True Barrel but not sure if it's the Booker's that people have been talking about or a variant. Can anyone clarify?

These five bottles together would run me just under $300, trying to figure out a way to narrow it down.

Edit: Looks like it's "the" Booker's. Good thing I took pictures to get the names (and prices). Still, maybe could I get some input on how to narrow down to 3 bottles? I have a feeling the single barrels will be the recommended drops.

Personally, I would drop the Jack Daniels Single Barrel unless you really like Jack. I don't think it's worth the cost.

Evan Williams Single Barrel and Basil Hayden's should be run between $28 and $40, with Basil Hayden being the more expensive of the two. Baker's should also run at about $35-$40. Booker's is pricier, usually $60-$70 if memory serves correctly. If any of these bottles are above the prices quoted, think twice before buying as they're fairly common expressions of bourbon.

Assuming all of these are fairly priced, here's a little break down of my thoughts on each bourbon:
  • Evan Williams Single Barrel - My favorite of the bunch and probably the cheapest. It's a vintage release, meaning each new release is a little different from the previous one. My current favorite is the 2009 release but you'd be hard pressed to find any. Definitely buy.
  • Basil Hayden's - This, along with Baker's & Booker's are all "premium" expressions from Jim Beam. The other one that's missing from the group is Knob Creek. Basil Hayden's is the sweetest of the bunch and kind of boring. However, if you're a fan of Maker's, I think this is a nice comparison of a similar whiskey. Wouldn't buy it.
  • Baker's - This is probably my favorite of the Beam "premium" expressions. It's got some spicier notes to it and is very drinkable. I'd buy it.
  • Booker's - This will be the stiffest of the Beam products aforementioned. It comes in at a higher proof (possibly cask strength?) and has a lot of barrel in the flavor to it. It's "hot", as in tannins, and I find I nearly always need to water it down. It's an enjoyable whiskey but it's not one I keep at home. I'd buy it if you haven't had it.
  • Jack Daniels Single Barrel - This, to me, is just a smoother Jack Daniels. Nothing special, no real departure from the flavor profile. Overall, as I mentioned before, not worth the price unless you're just an absolute Jack nut and a buddy of mine is (I don't get it). Don't buy it.

Hopefully that helps. In summary, buy the EV Single Barrel, Baker's, and Booker's but do price check against what I quoted you. The prices I've quoted should be on the higher end so if this place charges more than that, be sure you think it's worth it in terms of effort to finding cheaper prices.

EDIT: Word choice.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Ran across this blog post while looking over some machine learning blogs: http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2013/12/k-means-clustering-86-single-malt-scotch-whiskies.html

While the content is pretty heavy unless you're familiar with AI/Machine Learning/Computer Science/Statistics, the most interesting portion of the post is actually this image:

Each of those colored dots represents a distillery. Each of the colors represents a particular "cluster" of flavours. For our purposes, we can consider those 'flavours' to be a style of Scotch (e.g. Speyside, Highland, Islay). Mostly what's interesting is if we say the Speyside whiskies are the red dots, then we'd expect them to all be in/around the Speyside region. Similarly, we'd expect all the purple dots to be near Islay.

No real point to this so much as I found the data interesting.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

rufius posted:

Personally, I would drop the Jack Daniels Single Barrel unless you really like Jack. I don't think it's worth the cost.

Evan Williams Single Barrel and Basil Hayden's should be run between $28 and $40, with Basil Hayden being the more expensive of the two. Baker's should also run at about $35-$40. Booker's is pricier, usually $60-$70 if memory serves correctly. If any of these bottles are above the prices quoted, think twice before buying as they're fairly common expressions of bourbon.

Assuming all of these are fairly priced, here's a little break down of my thoughts on each bourbon:
  • Evan Williams Single Barrel - My favorite of the bunch and probably the cheapest. It's a vintage release, meaning each new release is a little different from the previous one. My current favorite is the 2009 release but you'd be hard pressed to find any. Definitely buy.
  • Basil Hayden's - This, along with Baker's & Booker's are all "premium" expressions from Jim Beam. The other one that's missing from the group is Knob Creek. Basil Hayden's is the sweetest of the bunch and kind of boring. However, if you're a fan of Maker's, I think this is a nice comparison of a similar whiskey. Wouldn't buy it.
  • Baker's - This is probably my favorite of the Beam "premium" expressions. It's got some spicier notes to it and is very drinkable. I'd buy it.
  • Booker's - This will be the stiffest of the Beam products aforementioned. It comes in at a higher proof (possibly cask strength?) and has a lot of barrel in the flavor to it. It's "hot", as in tannins, and I find I nearly always need to water it down. It's an enjoyable whiskey but it's not one I keep at home. I'd buy it if you haven't had it.
  • Jack Daniels Single Barrel - This, to me, is just a smoother Jack Daniels. Nothing special, no real departure from the flavor profile. Overall, as I mentioned before, not worth the price unless you're just an absolute Jack nut and a buddy of mine is (I don't get it). Don't buy it.

Hopefully that helps. In summary, buy the EV Single Barrel, Baker's, and Booker's but do price check against what I quoted you. The prices I've quoted should be on the higher end so if this place charges more than that, be sure you think it's worth it in terms of effort to finding cheaper prices.

EDIT: Word choice.

Wow, thanks for your advice. Since posting my bit, I've looked around online a bit and the Basil Hayden's buzz appears to indicate it's pretty mild and doesn't really pop (by comparison). I am not a fan of Maker's at all (I found it really unremarkable and boring), so I will give it a hard pass.

I am not a big Jack fan either so I don't have a hard time dropping that- I was intending on getting the JD 1954 Gold Medal later this month which appears to be a much better price point for a refinement on the basic formula.

Prices in my area are steeper than most (and are in CDN) so it's tough to compare. For reference, Buffalo Trace is $42 here, with Bulleit Rye being $37. I do get the chance to whip down to New Hampshire a few times per year (where I usually get a few bottles of Woodford Reserve by default) where I know BT is commonly $25 there. So, here and now, the Baker's is $55, the EW SB is $60, and Booker's is $70.

Seems like maybe I should just get the Booker's for now as the price isn't too far off what you were saying, and get the other two at what would probably be significantly more reasonable prices next time I'm in New England. Thanks again for the speedy feedback.

Merica
Jan 28, 2009
I recently got a bottle of Highland Park 12 and I'm not sure about it. Is it something that just takes a while to get used to or is it kind of a love it or hate it type thing? Maybe I'm just not used to the peat.

I'm going to give it another try this weekend and see how I feel about it.

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.

Merica posted:

I recently got a bottle of Highland Park 12 and I'm not sure about it. Is it something that just takes a while to get used to or is it kind of a love it or hate it type thing? Maybe I'm just not used to the peat.

I'm going to give it another try this weekend and see how I feel about it.

HP12 is really a grab-bag of flavors from all of the different types of single-malt out there. It's got a little peat, a little sweetness, a little salinity, a little minerality. If its your first experience with peat, then that's probably what's bugging you; otherwise, I'd encourage you to try it again and try to pick out what exactly you don't like.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Kenny Logins posted:

:words:

Seems like maybe I should just get the Booker's for now as the price isn't too far off what you were saying, and get the other two at what would probably be significantly more reasonable prices next time I'm in New England. Thanks again for the speedy feedback.

I think your assessment is correct. EV Single Barrel is excellent but I wouldn't pay $60 for it. Looks like NH Liquor Stores sell it for $25 which is considerably cheaper than what you have available to you. Though it also looks like NH liquor store sells Booker's for $48. So that might be worth waiting on too.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Yes, I have been thinking about it and maybe it's something that can wait. Thanks for the link(s) to the NH liquor site, bookmarked. Between my wife and I, every time we go down for a trip we can bring back 3 750ml (i.e. 26 oz.) bottles of hard liquor between us so I always plan carefully. Like I said it usually winds up defaulting to Woodford Reserve but I want to round out my liquor cabinet in 2014. Thanks again for your advice.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Kenny Logins posted:

Yes, I have been thinking about it and maybe it's something that can wait. Thanks for the link(s) to the NH liquor site, bookmarked. Between my wife and I, every time we go down for a trip we can bring back 3 750ml (i.e. 26 oz.) bottles of hard liquor between us so I always plan carefully. Like I said it usually winds up defaulting to Woodford Reserve but I want to round out my liquor cabinet in 2014. Thanks again for your advice.

While I'm sure many will disagree with me, I just don't find Woodford Reserve to be that interesting of a product. Especially some of their more recent experiments like Double Oaked which I thought was just loving awful.

That said, here's some other options that are available at the NH Liquor Stores and are quite tasty:
  • Blanton's Single Barrel - The original single barrel bourbon.
  • Beam Signature Craft - newish product (released last month) that is targeted at the 'super premium' level. It's delicious and I'd buy it any day of the week.
  • Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve - Delicious premium expression of Wild Turkey.
  • Old Grand Dad Bonded - Pretty different compared to most bourbons in flavor. Has a pretty heavy rye mashbill so there's a lot of spice. One of my cheaper stand-by's.
  • Stagg Jr. - One of my top 3 whiskies. I love Daddy Stagg (George T. Stagg, known for being like rocket fuel) and I love this one as well.

Of the above, if I had to choose one, it'd be the Stagg Jr. After that Blanton's and Beam signature craft. The other two are more just solid products that I would buy if I hadn't already tried them (or in OGD's case, own them).

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

rufius posted:

While I'm sure many will disagree with me, I just don't find Woodford Reserve to be that interesting of a product. Especially some of their more recent experiments like Double Oaked which I thought was just loving awful.

That said, here's some other options that are available at the NH Liquor Stores and are quite tasty:
  • Blanton's Single Barrel - The original single barrel bourbon.
  • Beam Signature Craft - newish product (released last month) that is targeted at the 'super premium' level. It's delicious and I'd buy it any day of the week.
  • Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve - Delicious premium expression of Wild Turkey.
  • Old Grand Dad Bonded - Pretty different compared to most bourbons in flavor. Has a pretty heavy rye mashbill so there's a lot of spice. One of my cheaper stand-by's.
  • Stagg Jr. - One of my top 3 whiskies. I love Daddy Stagg (George T. Stagg, known for being like rocket fuel) and I love this one as well.

Of the above, if I had to choose one, it'd be the Stagg Jr. After that Blanton's and Beam signature craft. The other two are more just solid products that I would buy if I hadn't already tried them (or in OGD's case, own them).
I'll give that Woodford isn't exactly a daring choice. It along with Buffalo Trace are two of the first bourbons I really got into so it's probably a sentimental favorite.

Thanks for the recs. I've already tried OGB BIB and while it's strong it really was quite nice for the price. I tried WT 101 which was fine (again, for the price especially) but I could do with an entry that has a little more zing.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Bakers is delicious, I've bought it many times. Bookers I bought once and it tasted like dust, blech. Might have been a bad batch but when paying that much for bourbon I expect some quality control.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

The Booker's I had was phenomenal. I agree though, that with that price point you shouldn't be gambling.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Can anyone tell me anything about this old bottle my buddy has?

Value/age, etc.?

There isn't any date or anything on the bottle or box. Sorry about the aggressively lovely pictures, I was drunk when I took them (not on that scotch).

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
At least early 1970s, more likely 1960s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rxcowboy
Sep 13, 2008

I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth; fucked both a chick and her mom

I will get anal. Oh yes.
If you're making cocktails with bourbon, Evan Williams White label and Old Grand Dad are two that are bottled in bond, 100 proof, cheap as poo poo, and have good flavor profiles. I really like how OGD tastes, it's got a spiciness to it thanks to the rye that alot of the cheap bourbons lack. It's got sweetness too, but it's not flabby or cloying in the slightest. I wouldn't drink it straight, but I'm a cocktail man at heart and it's basically torn the poo poo out of every cocktail I've thrown it in.

The extra rye and higher proof means it's got more of a punch of flavor. So far it's done great in a Derby, Boulvadier, Chapel Hill and even a simple bourbon and coke.

I've come to the realization that bourbon is pretty much the best value of any hard liquor on the market, because for 24 dollars I got 1.75l of a product that is versatile as hell. I can even cook with it!