Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.
Political vote A for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Never trust a clone. F

Gladi
Oct 23, 2008
A, the plan is plenty crazy as it is.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
A

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Readingaccount posted:

PTN: Would that first update have happened with a damaged mech of a player faction? Doesn't really seem fair to take away the Cronus' victory... :(

What victory? The New Syrtis forces completed both primary objectives.

Also, the answer to the first question is 'yes,' in some form or another.

Affi posted:

I hate clones!

ArkInBlack posted:

Seriously, all clones do is make us regret making them down the road!

ArchangeI posted:

Never trust a clone.

Who said anything about clones? Only the Clans can make those. :sigh:

Just to clarify: There are no clones here.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 31, 2013

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Voting A for asshatery.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

A.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

A, because this is exactly the kind of poo poo I try to pull in Battletech RPGs.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

A

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Point Zero Player MVP: Ferrosol (Sergeant Fynn Bellard) - Griffin
Yantai Reservation Player MVP: Tiny (Sergeant Major Anne Bellard) - Firebee
Opforce MVP: Sub-Cornet Bud Walker - Cicada

A

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 31, 2013

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
We should all vote "F" because Hanse Davion is the rightful ruler of the Capellan March and splitting the attention of the Inner Sphere while we're fighting a war for survival against the Clans to make a bald, over-reaching grab for power is absolutely against anything that Romano Laio would ever....

Hah! I can't do it, not even as a joke.

A! A! 1000 times A!

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Say Something Resembling The Word

The Taurians will cause an incident without Liao needing to do a thing, and this way it won't be traced back to them.

B

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

A to shake the balance of power up a little.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
B, birds gotta fly, Taurians gotta commit atrocities. Let them do the hard work there; also means if any Liao-suspicious sorts in the Capellan March go nosing around, they've literally got nothing to find. In fact, they should probably be discretely encouraged to do so considering it will safely distract them from considering the clone thing.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

MadDogMike posted:

B, birds gotta fly, Taurians gotta commit atrocities. Let them do the hard work there; also means if any Liao-suspicious sorts in the Capellan March go nosing around, they've literally got nothing to find. In fact, they should probably be discretely encouraged to do so considering it will safely distract them from considering the clone thing.

Option B. Let's not overplay the hand we have while causing chaos.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

MadDogMike posted:

it will safely distract them from considering the clone thing.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Who said anything about clones? Only the Clans can make those. :sigh:

Just to clarify: There are no clones here.

Just to re-emphasis this before it becomes a thing and drives poor PTN nuts.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Just put the clone down asap. Vote F!

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

The Word is the Word.

A

Professor Malice
Nov 16, 2011
Normally I'd vote B, since it seems to be a slightly safer option in the long run compared to A as it lacks the obvious Capellan maneuvering.

However, I'm voting F because I want to vote in character and for the most interesting result.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Point Zero MvP: Griffin.
Yantei MvP: Firebee.
OpFor MvP: Cicada.

Politics: A - Say the Word.

garland336
Feb 26, 2013
PZ Griffin.
Yantai Firebee.
OpFor Cicada.

Option A because really - what other options are there

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Option A, because there's no way this plan can fail!

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

Point Zero MVP: Griffin (Ferrosol)
Yantai MVP: Firebee
OpFor MVP: Huron Warrior :argh:

Political Vote: A

F sounds great though. If there is one person in the Inner Sphere who could manage to combine those two options it's Romano Liao.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

MVPs: Griffin, Firebee, Rifleman (For doing exactly what a Rifleman is supposed to!)

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
A

A drag out super power brawl between the Capellans and the Draconis Suns leaves the Free Worlds League to step in at the end and pick up all the pieces. :unsmigghh:

Facetious Jim
Dec 13, 2009
Kill Hasek. F

Then Say the Word anyway. A

Justin thinks he's such a smart little fancy-pants, so he should be able to pull this off without a hitch. Prove your competence to Romano.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
F.

"Justin, my love, who else are you scheming to replace?"

Andrevian
Mar 2, 2010
Point Zero Player MVP: Griffin
Yantai Reservation Player MVP: Firebee
Opforce MVP: Cicada

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Point Zero Player MVP: Ferrosol
Yantai Reservation Player MVP: Tiny
Opforce MVP: Cicada

Because I like the idea of a dangerously competent and terrifyingly sane Romana, I vote for A.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Why is it that I half-suspect that if F wins out, Romano will kill the double, then produce the corpse and accuse the actual Duke of being the real double and everyone will believe it because it sounds like just the kind of Byzantine poo poo that Justin would've done?

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
To be honest I hope whatever choice wins out backfires on the Capellans. They've been doing a little to well in this LP (Beat up the Mariks, got Clan Tech through the Death Commando campaign). Destabilizing the Duchy of New Syrtis and possibly annexing it would be a bit too much, although it would make for prettier borders.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

the actual Duke

I think you need to reread the text. You've missed something important.

To avoid beating around the bush: the real Morgan was replaced when he was a child. This is the Duke of the Duchy of New Syrtis.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jan 1, 2014

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
A is the correct option here. The word must be said, the Taurians denounced and subsequently stomped on. This gives them a nice pretext to crush the Taurians and take any valuable worlds they might have as well!

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
Point Zero MvP Griffin: I like their moxy!
Yantei MvP Firebee: The name conjures a fine mental image.
OpFor MvP Cicada: Was a damned boss out there.

Politics B: Guys, guys! The Taurians will eventually destroy a refugee ship full of orphans, why waste the time making up bullshit when the space texans will do it for you?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

PoptartsNinja posted:

To avoid beating around the bush: the real Morgan was replaced when he was a child. This is the Duke of the Duchy of New Syrtis.

:negative: How did I... but... nnngh. Oops.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
It's alright. I was writing that at around midnight last night so it's possible I missed one of the cues my mind tells me I put in.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

PoptartsNinja posted:

Replaced as a child?! Yeah, I definitely did not get that from the fiction blurb, but holy hell, how did the Capellans manage to get that pulled off. And t continually indoctrinate the body-double throughout his life, until he was able to take over the Duchy? Wasn't the OTL Hanse Davion body double only introduced well after Hanse had been around and doing things?

The Cappellans.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

Replaced as a child?! Yeah, I definitely did not get that from the fiction blurb, but holy hell, how did the Capellans manage to get that pulled off. And t continually indoctrinate the body-double throughout his life, until he was able to take over the Duchy? Wasn't the OTL Hanse Davion body double only introduced well after Hanse had been around and doing things?

The Cappellans.
Man, at that point I'd almost expect something like the perfect Face Dancers from the later Dune books, who so perfectly mimic their personae they become them completely, and forget they were ever not!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Max was smarter this time around. He didn't pick some random guy off the street and brainwash him into thinking he was Hanse Davion.

He basically handpicked a baby with the same birthdate, had the kid's name changed to 'Morgan' at a point where being 'Morgan' was all the kid would remember, and had him raised specifically so he could play the role.

It also helps that House Davion's intelligence service is kinda poo poo, if the number of times canon Romano Liao was able to nearly assassinate Justin Allard (who is the head of that very service) is any indication.

Vanishing a teenager who's not highly ranked enough to warrant a 24/7 bodyguard is kinda chump change by comparison. The Federated Suns pretty much takes a "Physician, heal thyself" attitude when it comes to security for their nobles. Even really important ones like Dukes.

Edit: So, basically, what I'm saying is it's a wonder that the canon Federated Suns had any nobles left. Something Something Something ComStar *gets executed for divulging state secrets*

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

A

• Locked thread