Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

YOU'RE USELESS, FEENEY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Chris de Sperg posted:

YOU'RE USELESS, FEENEY

He was ok for us... Maybe you're not using him right?

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Word has it Reading are hosed.

Anton's dad gave both his sons £25m to invest and Anton thought a football club was a good idea. He pissed all his cash away and his dad's both refusing to lend him more and refusing to let him even return to England and the club.

Madejski is furious as he happily agreed to the delay on the remaining 50% purchase as he was told daddy has loads of cash and it would be coming, then Anton fled and they've told the club no more money will be made available and thus paying wages in Jan will be an issue. Anton overlooked all the transfers, excluding Madejski from talks, so we have people like Pog and Drenthe on the books now who are both clocking almost £60k a week.

We're now looking to find anyone to buy the club or at least Anton's 51% and word has it the investors from Oman are interested.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
When will people learn that foreigners can't be trusted to own football clubs

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
How the gently caress does someone on daddy's credit card pass a fit and proper test. What an absolute shambles if true.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
The "fit & proper test" is clearly an absolute joke, why are there no repercussions at the FA for allowing a stream of dodgy owners to destroy clubs?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Because ££££££.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Jesus, that's really loving awful. :(

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

It's crazy how many awful foreign owners teams have had recently. Anton hasn't even set foot in Britain since August.

Word has it our new part owner would be the sultanate of Oman, who's a lovely guy who was schooled at Sandringham, helped broker the recent Iran talks, etc. Sounds lovely and all, but he has no involvement in sport or company directorship in his past.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

Driving up to Barnsley, sunny as gently caress, football fans from all over at the services. Man I love Boxing Day! :getin:

Botswana!
Oct 12, 2009

They want what all Scotch people want: To kill the Queen, and destroy our way of life.
Shittu went from our player of the year to a useless fucker

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Botswana! posted:

Shittu went from our player of the year to a useless fucker
no he went from being a useless fucker to our player of the year to a useless fucker again

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

He's just being a lad and helping out the team that made him.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

FFS why do we get all the goals when we don't need them!

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Hashtag Nascar posted:

FFS why do we get all the goals when we don't need them!

just bumping up our goal difference for the post christmas promotion campaign

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Chris de Sperg posted:

WE WANT LOMAS OUT WE WANT LOMAS OUT WE WANT LOMAS OUT

You got your wish

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
#QPR XI v @Official_NFFC: Green, Simpson, Dunne, Hill, Assou-Ekotto, Phillips, Carroll, Jenas, Kranjcar, Henry, Zamora #NOTvQPR

Charlie Austin is dead then it seems

edit: hamstring apparently

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
well that was a great game lads. Still. Leeds are going up.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Scott Bakula posted:

You got your wish
lol welp millwall are hosed

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I mean I guess after the humiliation that was today's game it makes sense but I'm still shocked that they'd pull the trigger on the Lomas Experiment so quickly

He's not done a good job but it's been six months and because the oval office spent all the loving money already it's hard to see what a new boss will be able to do. The list of candidates is grim; Neil Harris as overwhelming favourite which would just be throwing a legend to the wolves because he's not turning around poo poo, some League One bosses like Karl Robinson and Russell Slade who aren't leaving their current clubs, and a bunch of unrealistic names like Holloway, Coyle, Wise, Zola, etc. (most of whom would flop because they won't have the resources). Michael Appleton is the other realistic name with reasonable odds and lol gently caress that.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Referee was loving shite

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
Passing has been godawful so far, defending too

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
No one at QPR has been taught to play the whistle, apparently

edit: oh ok apparently the linesman was flagging. Still no excuse if there's no whistle but it makes a little more sense

Lamont Cranston fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Dec 26, 2013

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

We looked poo poo and I'd rather play with ten men than see Zamora on the pitch.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

TelekineticBear! posted:

Referee was loving shite

that was the clearest red card you'll ever see in any game ever and he booked him :iiam:

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

http://www.newsatden.co.uk/29792-exclusive-warnock-would-consider-short-term-millwall-role.html

nooooooooooooooooo

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

didn't like it at leeds because there was no money to spend and the fans hated him, so he's going to Millwall

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

That 3 wins on the bounce for Boro, we're only 6 points from the playoff places. It's happening.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Yes. The Karanka effect.

YMBB
Jul 18, 2007
Thanks Leeds :)

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Adam Clayton was great for Huddersfield today why did Leeds let him go?

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

So apparently we can set-up in an attacking manner under Freedman. Maybe we should do that against teams that aren't better than us in future...

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

This time last year we went from 20th to within goal difference of the play-offs. Don't see that happening again tbh, but I really hope we beat Boro today so I can get that taste of delicious false hope back!

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

ForeverBWFC posted:

This time last year we went from 20th to within goal difference of the play-offs. Don't see that happening again tbh, but I really hope we beat Boro today so I can get that taste of delicious false hope back!

I don't think you'll beat us today we have three wins on the bounce with clean sheets to match. Also you're financially utterly hosed haha.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

How does this keep happening?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
It's ok raffles. It's ok.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Taff posted:

Adam Clayton was great for Huddersfield today why did Leeds let him go?

He had a massive falling out with Warnock

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

I went to boro and they'd sold out of parmos in buns before halftime. :(

We're playing quite awfully at the moment. Billy Sharp's gone back to Saints, ALF is sick of not playing so is likely off too, nobody will likely come in either. Our season currently feels like that moment you kick a ball up, it reaches the zenith and then slowly starts to fall.

*EDIT* Apparently an American consortium are making an offer to 100% purchase Reading and it should be in tomorrow. Looks like we will have new owners in one shape or another by the end of Jan, so may be able to buy players.

Bacon of the Sea fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jan 3, 2014

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Charlton has a new owner now after a takeover was completed today. Some dude from Belgium who is also the owner of Standard Liége and other 3 football clubs across Europe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Charlotte Hornets posted:

Charlton has a new owner now after a takeover was completed today. Some dude from Belgium who is also the owner of Standard Liége and other 3 football clubs across Europe.

He's horrid op.

• Locked thread