Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

i feel like this is a missed oppurtunity in hot dog advertising and interior decoration

just fill the building with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

i like the guy donating $1 to harass him in the comments

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

i like the guy donating $1 to harass him in the comments

hahah that owns so much

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i did the math and owning a car was costing me about $600/mo. maybe you have cheaper insurance or drive crappier cars, but that was my number. is it seriously worth $600/mo to resolve a conflict that arises a maximum of four times a month? (the weekends)

fair enough, our cars only cost us a few hundred per year

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe

hubris.height posted:

i feel like this is a missed oppurtunity in hot dog advertising and interior decoration

just fill the building with this

i guarantee 100% that realitykings would sue the poo poo out of doobie if he did that

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i did the math and owning a car was costing me about $600/mo. maybe you have cheaper insurance or drive crappier cars, but that was my number. is it seriously worth $600/mo to resolve a conflict that arises a maximum of four times a month? (the weekends)

i kept two cars despite having a train commute for a while, but when i did the numbers it was stupid. i was mostly keeping the second car just so i could have MY CAR. it was a weird ego thing

i think i put 10 miles on MY CAR the last year i owned it. i had to ask my wife to drive it to work occasionally just to stop it from rotting out in its parking spot

so do you willingly have no social life or did it arise accidentally

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

you post in yospos
pot, kettle, black

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

A Social Life: in two parts.

PART I: wherein a train exists.
"Hello, friends. Let us drink much brown liquor."
"Okay!"
Everyone has a good time.

PART II: Wherein a car must be driven
"Hello friends. Let us drink much brown liquor."
"Okay, but we must bring Dead Inside Darwin with us. He is a terrible teetotaler but he wishes to be the designated driver."
Everyone has a terrible time because some horrendous spergoid has accompanied them.

~fin~

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
last night i got home at like 6am on the light rail which was free for new years eve it owned

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

minivanmegafun posted:

"Okay, but we must bring Dead Inside Darwin with us. He is a terrible teetotaler but he wishes to be the designated driver."
Everyone has a terrible time because some horrendous spergoid has accompanied them.

nobody ever does this, and then they end up needing one of these after a few years. it's not a kickstarter but it's made by a company called quickstartaz so close enough right

http://interlockcup.com/

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
hide your shameful dui conviction by pretending to be a goony pre-diabetic who drinks warm soda

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

nobody ever does this, and then they end up needing one of these after a few years. it's not a kickstarter but it's made by a company called quickstartaz so close enough right

those giant grilles on the sides really heighten the illusion

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

:pwn:

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

Isn't the embarrassment of "I'm a terrible person who can't judge when I shouldn't drive" part of the punishment

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

It's pretty cool and awesome that every bar in America with a parking lot turns into a DUI hotspot after midnight.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

minivanmegafun posted:

Isn't the embarrassment of "I'm a terrible person who can't judge when I shouldn't drive" part of the punishment

yes. the fact this exists is a sign that it works, though. kinda like how when canada started putting anti-smoking ads with pictures of tar-filled lungs and rotten stained teeth on cigarette packs,

and all the tobacco lobbyists and smokers said "lol who gives a poo poo about the packaging, like that'll make any difference" and then a few months later all the convenience stores reported that people actually would reject the packs with the ugly teeth and say "no, just give me the one with the bent over cigarette that says CIGARETTES CAUSE IMPOTENCE instead"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i like this too

normal ohio license plate

plate you get if you have a dui

ofc that really pissed some people off, there were comparisions in the news to nazi germany and jews wearing stars. don't gubmit take away muh right to drive drank

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Sagebrush posted:

i like this too

ofc that really pissed some people off, there were comparisions in the news to nazi germany and jews wearing stars. don't gubmit take away muh right to drive drank

this is brilliant

finally, something about ohio that I don't hate

Phoning It In
Oct 17, 2010
a shame the drunky drunk plate looks rad in that throwback vintage kind of way

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

its a good license plate. for alcoholic clowns to drive. into the side of mcdonalds.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

serewit posted:

this is brilliant

finally, something about ohio that I don't hate

I didn't know about this. Half of Ohio comes to a place near here for big shopping trips, and you see the drunky plates a lot. :(

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Phoning It In posted:

a shame the drunky drunk plate looks rad in that throwback vintage kind of way
the ny plates look similar now, but for a while the drunk ohio ones really stood out

just saw the DUI one today and the driver looked pretty douchy :allears:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

they were planning to make a neon green and blue one that you'd get if you were a sex offender, too, but i'm not so sure about that one, seeing as you'd probably get your car torched on a regular basis etc. and you can get on those lists for peeing in an alleyway etc.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sagebrush posted:

they were planning to make a neon green and blue one that you'd get if you were a sex offender, too, but i'm not so sure about that one, seeing as you'd probably get your car torched on a regular basis etc. and you can get on those lists for peeing in an alleyway etc.

sounds like somebody is pro sex offender :raise:

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Sagebrush posted:

I'd pee in an alleyway for a vice city neon license plate

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Virion posted:

the ny plates look similar now, but for a while the drunk ohio ones really stood out

just saw the DUI one today and the driver looked pretty douchy :allears:

ugh the ny throwback plates are awful, I wish I could get the old ones :mad:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

best ny plates

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Install Windows posted:

best ny plates

they make me think of ghostbusters 2, so they are bad license plates

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

the throwback orange and blue plates suck cause theres not a single car on the planet whose paint job matches those colors

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

i like this too

What up Whiskey plates?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

git clone trooper posted:

the throwback orange and blue plates suck cause theres not a single car on the planet whose paint job matches those colors

i've seen some.

the cars are ugly as hell tho

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

WorkingPeer posted:

public transport owns

this isn't an example of how much public transport owns, it's an example of how much cars suck

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

git clone trooper posted:

otoh they look better than a lot of states because there's no garbage printed idyllic scenery or whatever on them

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
if your state requires registration/update stickers on its license plates, your state sucks

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

your state is a piece of poo poo

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Tora Tora Torrents posted:

your state is a piece of poo poo

commonwealth :smug: