Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Pimpmust posted:

Right, caught that when reading some comments.

A bit deceptive to have it on the first page / high ranking mod blahblabla. At least mark it as abandoned :argh:

Having more people around and a more living world than the default "12 guys in a siege tops, and the bodies will be fading out pretty quickly" is pretty high up there on my list of mods to find, but :Gamebryo:

Here's hoping any new Elder Scrolls game (after the MMO bombs) that comes out for the new consoles at least supports more dudes, but I'm afraid it will still be Gamebryo under the hood even in the year 2020...

They're developing the MMO in parallel to their other stuff, its why they set it in the past. As far as I know Elder Scrolls 6 is still on the plate after Fallout 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Pimpmust posted:

I've been looking at spicing up the Civil war and found two mods that caught my interest.

1. Civil War Overhaul
vs
2. Warzones - Civil Unrest

The aim of both seems similar, the first one restores cut civil war content, introduces random battles and ups the number of combatants.
The second one seems to aim for for HUGE (random) BATTLES (with custom # of units) and some improvements to the civil war sieges and stuff.

I'm *guessing* these won't play nice with each other, but anyone got any experience with which is better/less buggy?

I say use Immersive Patrols instead, which has a civil war module.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Zore posted:

They're developing the MMO in parallel to their other stuff, its why they set it in the past. As far as I know Elder Scrolls 6 is still on the plate after Fallout 4.

Is it even Bethesda developing the MMO? Thought it was another studio working for Bethesda (not their A game in any case, they are working on F4).

As for Immersive Patrols, I'm using that too, but does its Civil War module got all the other improved bits? (Sieging, extra CW quests etc)

It bums me out that the vanilla Civil War is less impressive out of a gameplay/design aspect than some games from the 90ies, where's the choices man? :smith:

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Pimpmust posted:

Is it even Bethesda developing the MMO? Thought it was another studio working for Bethesda (not their A game in any case, they are working on F4)
The TES MMO is being developed at ZeniMax Online Studios.

Pimpmust posted:

It bums me out that the vanilla Civil War is less impressive out of a gameplay/design aspect than some games from the 90ies, where's the choices man?
Out of the whole game I think the Civil War suffers the most from having content cut. If you dig around in the scripts and unused voice files, it appears that the original idea was to have large sieges for all cities, more varried quests involving sabotage, getting soldiers to defect and much more.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

Im_Special posted:

Whats everyone use or recommend to remove or lessen all those slow motion finishers? I can't be the only one that thinks they go off way way to often.

I actually thought the opposite and use the following mod to increase the rate from 20% to 75% of the time. You could use the mod to lower the rate as well though.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10906/

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Emong posted:

So in SPERG, is it intentional that the Spectral Warding perk from the illusion tree doesn't stack with the Mage Armor perk from the alteration tree? Because it doesn't right now.

I have Ironflesh going and it gives me 5% magic resistance if I take the perk, which matches up with the 80 armor the normal spell gives, but not the 320 the buffed version gives, which makes me think there's a bug in there somewhere.

It's been long enough since I made it that I don't completely remember, but I'm pretty sure they shouldn't be stacking at all. Spectral Warding was intended for use on light armor wearers (though it obviously works for heavy armor wearers, too). Alteration already gives a lot of magic resistance, so it would be a little unbalanced if it powered up Spectral Warding as well.

Quift
May 11, 2012

seorin posted:

It's been long enough since I made it that I don't completely remember, but I'm pretty sure they shouldn't be stacking at all. Spectral Warding was intended for use on light armor wearers (though it obviously works for heavy armor wearers, too). Alteration already gives a lot of magic resistance, so it would be a little unbalanced if it powered up Spectral Warding as well.

While you are here, I'm having 2 small problems with SPERG. 1, my dog has vanished! I asked him to stay nnext to my horse when I went into a dungeon and he has been missing eer since.. (Dog from the speaking perk)

And, the soulstone forger, how do I get one? I cannot find one in the crafting menus nor as a spell?

IN other news, does anyone know of a mod that allows smaller souls to "stack" in larger gems? Aquisitive sould gems doesn't seem to work with the soul cloak spell from apocalypse which is a real shame, so know I have plently of grand and large gemss filled with minor souls.
Otherwise I had a great set up with smart cast (in combat->soul cloak, frost cloak, frost nova). Auto-collection on minor souls when riding around in the wildernesss.

Quift
May 11, 2012

Quift posted:

While you are here, I'm having 2 small problems with SPERG. 1, my dog has vanished! I asked him to stay nnext to my horse when I went into a dungeon and he has been missing eer since.. (Dog from the speaking perk)

And, the soulstone forger, how do I get one? I cannot find one in the crafting menus nor as a spell?

IN other news, does anyone know of a mod that allows smaller souls to "stack" in larger gems? Aquisitive sould gems doesn't seem to work with the soul cloak spell from apocalypse which is a real shame, so know I have plently of grand and large gemss filled with minor souls.
Otherwise I had a great set up with smart cast (in combat->soul cloak, frost cloak, frost nova). Auto-collection on minor souls when riding around in the wildernesss.

PS I also found a decen looking mage outfit. Falmer Mage looks good enough. I cannot get the right enchantment on it since I cannot unenchant my arch mage robes but at least I do not look like the arch mage anymore and will not have to deal with all that clipping through cloaks.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

seorin posted:

Hey Seo, if I'm a Nord with the SPERG Alteration perk that doubles the power of my racial (fifty percent frost resistant in this case) does it make me immune to frost entirely? I don't understand how it would work.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

poptart_fairy posted:

Hey Seo, if I'm a Nord with the SPERG Alteration perk that doubles the power of my racial (fifty percent frost resistant in this case) does it make me immune to frost entirely? I don't understand how it would work.

I would assume, like if done with enchantments, your Frost resistance just goes to the cap, which unmodded is 85%.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Quift posted:

The only reason the dog should vanish is if you told it to wait/travel, or disabled it. Try disabling and re-enabling, that will empty its inventory into your own and summon a new dog.

I'm not sure what you mean by a soulstone forger.

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

With Resplendent Racials, is it possible to disable the Wild Senses wood elf passive (highlight moving targets while sneaking), or reduce the highlighting somewhat? The effect it creates is a bit too bright/noticable

Quift
May 11, 2012
Yes, i asked him to wait outside a cavern next to my horse. What id does he have?

There is perk in the alteration tree that claims it allows the forging of an arcane converter. But how do I forge one?

Petah
Aug 24, 2006

Keeping the American Imperialists at bay since 1948
So I just remembered that there is a very common exploit for food items that allow you to use infinite power strikes. Apparently you can power strike with only 1 point of stamina because there is usually a brief down period when your stamina hits 0, however if you eat food that applies 1 point/seconds there is no down time before regeneration.

Is there any mod or stat change that fixes this? Perhaps I could increase minimum stamina required for power strike?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Petah posted:

Is there any mod or stat change that fixes this? Perhaps I could increase minimum stamina required for power strike?
What's there to fix? If you don't want to abuse power attacks like that, then simply don't use power attacks. That or don't eat food with stamina regen, or use weapons with absorb stamina effects.

If you really want remove this "exploit" then I guess the simplest method is to grab TES5Edit, go over all Ingestibles and remove the restore stamina effects.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

Quift posted:

Yes, i asked him to wait outside a cavern next to my horse. What id does he have?

There is perk in the alteration tree that claims it allows the forging of an arcane converter. But how do I forge one?

The ref ID is unique to your game. Just disable him and re-enable him, or change the pet type. Both are options in the MCM.

You can make the arcane converter at a forge.

Quift
May 11, 2012
Cool, thanks. Had no idea that I could change my pet. I now have my own pet Dwemer SPider to go with my dwemer themed home (the tesseract).

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

seorin posted:

Make sense to me. Also I just noticed that apparently Better Vampires is giving me 5 armor for being a vampire, which is probably what's triggering that little bit of magic resistance.

Petah
Aug 24, 2006

Keeping the American Imperialists at bay since 1948

Raygereio posted:

What's there to fix? If you don't want to abuse power attacks like that, then simply don't use power attacks. That or don't eat food with stamina regen, or use weapons with absorb stamina effects.

If you really want remove this "exploit" then I guess the simplest method is to grab TES5Edit, go over all Ingestibles and remove the restore stamina effects.

I find those food items are the only ones worth eating, even without the exploit. I also find it kind of breaks my immersion if I'm constantly making sure not to spam power attacks.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
You can attach conditions to animations in the animations editor. See attached pic for what I'm talking about.

Not sure if it would work, but you could try making a mod that adds a check there for stamina. One bug I can think you might get is that if you're out of stamina and try to do a power attack, it won't even do a regular attack instead - just nothing would happen.

If you try this post a trip report.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
So, I'll just post my trip report - it works! At least it seems to work after putting something together really quick and testing just regular power attacks.

I added a condition of >= 10 stamina to the standing power attack, and even after eating vegetable soup I had to wait until my stamina began to recover normally before I could do another standing power attack. The other power attack types weren't affected because I haven't added them yet.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
I made a mod for it if anyone is interested: Power Attacks Require Stamina.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Im_Special posted:

Whats everyone use or recommend to remove or lessen all those slow motion finishers? I can't be the only one that thinks they go off way way to often.

There is an expanded killcam mod called Dance of Death which adds more killmoves and lets you tweak the probability. You could sent the percentage to zero or whatever.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is there a guide for simple model swaps? I want to try and replace the bandit skins with undead skins but want to avoid all the crappy zombie apocolypse mods.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Sylink posted:

There is an expanded killcam mod called Dance of Death which adds more killmoves and lets you tweak the probability. You could sent the percentage to zero or whatever.

I actually just tried that earlier but then BOSS said it needed cleaning with TES5Edit, I didn't know how to clean the thing so I gave up. I followed this to clean the official files, but this part was easy as it laid out exactly what and how to select them, I wasn't clear on what to select in order to clean Dance of Death though.
http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Cleaning_Guide_-_TES5Edit#Section_2:_Mod_Cleaning_Instructions

One thing that has been bothering me though and was hoping there was a mod for this, sometimes a skill up will happen but I miss the actually message because I'm in the middle of something like opening a locked chest or a slow motion finisher animation is happening, the only way I knew it happened was because I can hear its ding and well if I'm opening a locked chest it's kind of a no brainer what skilled up, but still I'd like to see the messages, anything that remedies this?

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

Im_Special posted:

I actually just tried that earlier but then BOSS said it needed cleaning with TES5Edit, I didn't know how to clean the thing so I gave up. I followed this to clean the official files, but this part was easy as it laid out exactly what and how to select them, I wasn't clear on what to select in order to clean Dance of Death though.
http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Cleaning_Guide_-_TES5Edit#Section_2:_Mod_Cleaning_Instructions

By and large if you right-click->Select None, then just check the esp that needs cleaning, the rest will pick up itself. Very rarely are there masters for a mod that the mod itself isn't fully aware of, and those are usually compatibility patches and whatnot.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Is there an updated kill cam mod that let's you force all death blows to be third person character view? Rather than the lovely glitchy cinematic camera or first person one?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Bob NewSCART posted:

Is there an updated kill cam mod that let's you force all death blows to be third person character view? Rather than the lovely glitchy cinematic camera or first person one?

I would assume the Dance of Death does that.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
This is probably a stupid question, but hear me out. I just installed SPERG to try and get some different stuff out of the game, and I'm having a weird magic issue. The spell vendors in the college aren't getting the higher level spells that would go along with having a higher level skill. Looking at wikis and such, it seems like getting the skills higher should unlock additional stuff. I've played this a few times, including one console cheated all to crap run, and this not triggering hasn't been an issue before.

Now I managed to do the really easy master quest for illusion. Those spells unlocked fine, but for whatever reason I don't have access to the expert and adept spells. I have the apocalypse spell mod as well, further down in the load order, but that's it for magic mods. Seems like that one is consistent with this issue, as I have access to the novice, apprentice, and master spells added, while not getting expert or adept. Any ideas?

Edit: Just confirmed that it isn't simply waiting for them to restock. Ah well. I'll see if doing a spankin' new save works.

Edit2: Further research indicates that it might just be a bug, rather than a particular mod issue. Lame.

bobtheconqueror fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jan 2, 2014

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Edit: Nevermind, didn't spot that Killroy above already linked the Power Attacks Require Stamina mod.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jan 2, 2014

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Raygereio posted:

Out of the whole game I think the Civil War suffers the most from having content cut. If you dig around in the scripts and unused voice files, it appears that the original idea was to have large sieges for all cities, more varried quests involving sabotage, getting soldiers to defect and much more.

When I was playing around in the editor I noticed that towns (with cells separate to the main world [Riften, Whiterun etc]) have marker placements for catapults. They look like catapults straight out of the early Age of Empires games. The Civil War arc could have been something really special if more development time was put into it.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

By and large if you right-click->Select None, then just check the esp that needs cleaning, the rest will pick up itself. Very rarely are there masters for a mod that the mod itself isn't fully aware of, and those are usually compatibility patches and whatnot.

I did just that and it was exactly what I needed to do and now it's clean, thanks.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
I'm trying to install Categorized Favorites Menu but am greeted with an error message seen here

Any idea whats up with it and how to get rid of it, everything like SkyUI and SKSE is up to date, also the instructions for this thing only say to place the favoritesmenu.swf and favoritesmenu.cfg inside the Interface menu, but I also notice there is a SKSE plugin CFM_extensions.dll that's not mentioned in the instructions, does this do anything or can I just ignore it.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Im_Special posted:

Any idea whats up with it and how to get rid of it, everything like SkyUI and SKSE is up to date, also the instructions for this thing only say to place the favoritesmenu.swf and favoritesmenu.cfg inside the Interface menu, but I also notice there is a SKSE plugin CFM_extensions.dll that's not mentioned in the instructions, does this do anything or can I just ignore it.
SkyUI has a built in version control that's complaining because you're not using SkyUI's favoritesmenu.swf. I don't remember how it's called, but there should be an option in SkyUI's MCM to disable it.

The plugin is mentioned in the instruction, just indirectly. It's inside the SKSE folder the installation instruction tells you about. CFM uses SKSE to save things like equipsets.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

SKYUI is letting you know another mod has overwritten its favourite menu component. Which you did, that expected to happen. You can disable it in the skyui menu.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
CFM_extensions.dll should probably go into <skyrim folder>/Data/SKSE/Plugins.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Im_Special posted:

I'm trying to install Categorized Favorites Menu but am greeted with an error message seen here

Go into the MCM for SkyUI, then go to the Advanced section. There should be a category for "disable version checking" with a couple of checkboxes. Just uncheck the box for favoritesmenu.swf and you should be good.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Praetorian Mage posted:

Go into the MCM for SkyUI, then go to the Advanced section. There should be a category for "disable version checking" with a couple of checkboxes. Just uncheck the box for favoritesmenu.swf and you should be good.

Cool that got rid of that error message.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

So I'm trying to install SkyUI, and it keeps flipping out and telling me I don't have the Skyrim Extender scripts installed, even after I reinstalled the entire extender several times. I ignored it and installed anyway, and it seems to work alright for now, but will this bite me in the rear end later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

Big Mad Drongo posted:

So I'm trying to install SkyUI, and it keeps flipping out and telling me I don't have the Skyrim Extender scripts installed, even after I reinstalled the entire extender several times. I ignored it and installed anyway, and it seems to work alright for now, but will this bite me in the rear end later?

If you're installing via MO then it can't detect SKES no matter what. I'd say you're fine.

• Locked thread