Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.
What's the standard EV spread for Doubles Prankster Meowstic? Do they focus on its speed at all so it can outspeed other priority users?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!

Red Suit posted:

Hello, I'm looking for Friend Safaris. Any of them will do. Mine is Psychic with Abra, Espurr, and Girafarig. FC is 2680-9056-7682

You've been added! Mine is 4210-4015-0859, with a Water safari, featuring Krabby, Gyarados, and Frogadier.

Piplup IV breeding is going swimmingly. I got a female to replace the Ditto with, so it's inbreeding all the way down from here. After that, penguin party on Wonder Trade.

Also, I thought shiny fishing chains were an actual feature, not a glitch?

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013

How Ingratiating! posted:

You've been added! Mine is 4210-4015-0859, with a Water safari, featuring Krabby, Gyarados, and Frogadier.

Piplup IV breeding is going swimmingly. I got a female to replace the Ditto with, so it's inbreeding all the way down from here. After that, penguin party on Wonder Trade.

Adding you because I like your Krabbys.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Can anyone help me evolve my Swirlix and Spritzee?

1650-1961-7988

Edit: Thanks Optimistic Puma!

Zoran fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 1, 2014

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Zoness posted:

Oh yeah, found out some stuff involving Foul Play's mechanics that are kind of weird but useful in knowing effective ways of fighting Mandibuzz and the like:

I couldn't easily find this on smogon or serebii's 'attackdex' entries.

I.e. Burn that dumb bird.

That's why my Mandibuzz holds a Lum Berry.

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

So like I said, not my fault. Nobody can judge me for it.
But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.
Human teenager Rainbow Dash was hot!

Rudoku posted:

That's why my Mandibuzz holds a Lum Berry.

I have never seen a Mandibuzz with a Lum berry. They always have Leftovers or Sitrus berry (which I only saw once).

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Wideguard is one of the most underrated moves in doubles and Aegislash is so amazing with it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014-74111239

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Blhue posted:

I'm in basically the same boat, so... 4768 7629 8819

I added you as well for those Eevees. My FC is: 1822-0006-3279

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Read like open book

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-74128517

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-74131850

I think I fought the same idiot from earlier. I mean it had to be. Who else would choose to swap an Aggron and a Tyrantitar against a Breloom instead of their Togekiss.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Pretty proud of this one http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/challengecup-74133659 Togekiss didn't have any attacking moves, but I still pulled out the win.
A lot of farting about at the end, but Telekinesis makes the next few attacks ignore evasion!

buddychrist10 fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 1, 2014

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

How Ingratiating! posted:

Im going to add you, need to get a Gyarados for my current project if you dont mind. FC is 2337-3830-3860. Pretty much just need to find a ditto safari now and my breeding program will be good to go.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Challenge Cup is far to much fun for it's own good. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/challengecup-74142468

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
I want to use a Swampert but it's movepool doesn't look that diverse and it's abilities are both pretty mediocre compared to similar typings that basically get another immunity (Water Absorb, Storm Drain) so this is what I came up with:

Swampert
252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Def
Adamant
Waterfall
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Roar/Hammer Arm/Avalanche

Unfortunately I think Gastrodon can do everything Swampert can and better.

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.

Oraculum Animi posted:

I want to use a Swampert but it's movepool doesn't look that diverse and it's abilities are both pretty mediocre compared to similar typings that basically get another immunity (Water Absorb, Storm Drain) so this is what I came up with:

Swampert
252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Def
Adamant
Waterfall
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Roar/Hammer Arm/Avalanche

Unfortunately I think Gastrodon can do everything Swampert can and better.

Except Stealth Rocks.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Nihilarian posted:

Trade for one then breed it?

But they don't keep the tutor moves through breeding :/

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Ignite Memories posted:

But they don't keep the tutor moves through breeding :/
Make a new friend and ask him to name it for you?

avlein
Jun 13, 2011

Ratspeaker posted:

What's the standard EV spread for Doubles Prankster Meowstic? Do they focus on its speed at all so it can outspeed other priority users?

You either go for maximum defensive investment (252 HP/Def or SDef) or max out speed to win the Prankster wars between you and other Meowstics. However, keep in mind that Meowstic also learns Quick Guard, which can counter opposing Pranksters quite handily.

Fake edit: Meowstic is the fourth fastest Prankster (behind Liepard, Thundurus/Tornadus and Whimsicott), so keep that in mind if you're going to invest in speed.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

avlein posted:

Fake edit: Meowstic is the fourth fastest Prankster (behind Liepard, Thundurus/Tornadus and Whimsicott), so keep that in mind if you're going to invest in speed.

Aren't the genies the only ones out of those that actually invest in speed?

Also:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-74157818

Can't stop the bird.

Also Shaymin-S needs to learn to aim, but also needs leftovers to actually use subs effectively.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Zoness posted:

Liepard does too, since it can't take a hit even with investment so you might as well take advantage of having a faster Fake Out than Mega Kangaskhan.

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."
Hi pokegoons. :blush: I'm a bit new to some of this, and old to other parts- i loved pokemon, but I stopped playing for a long, long time, and when I started up again there was all this online stuff and EVs and IVs and BBQs...I'm working it out, slowly. For now I just want some friends!

I may not understand some of the poo poo that goes down in this thread yet, but I would love a few friends to maybe trade with or learn this new nonsense from, or learn the online battle system with.

Friend Code: 0189-9813-3397
PM?: Yes!

Also: I haven't tried the online battle system yet- I know the challenges I've gotten have said 'set all to lvl 50'. Stupid Question- does this mean everyone's pokemon will be lowered AND raised to level 50? Or does it just mean that everyone will be lowered to 50 who's above 50 and that low-levels will stay low level? I invest way too much thought in my critter's feelings :ohdear: I'd hate to accept a challenge and get them all pulverized.

I have managed to get some awesome poo poo from the wondertrade though! I got a Togepi and I have all the starters! :kimchi: That makes me happy.

Freakbox fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 2, 2014

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.

Zoness posted:

Also:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-74157818

Can't stop the bird.

Is Taunt just not used in Ubers?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

why oh WHY posted:

Is Taunt just not used in Ubers?

There's serious 4MSS on most ubers mons, and poor distribution among the fatlards of the tier. Mewtwo and Yveltal are the main taunt users but usually don't have the bulk to survive a switch-in and they're both fairly weak against Ho-oh and they both have 4MSS pretty badly.

Skarmory is one of the better taunters in the tier although Skarmory has pretty bad 4MSS in ubers too.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jan 2, 2014

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.

Zoness posted:

There's serious 4MSS on most ubers mons, and poor distribution among the fatlards of the tier. Mewtwo and Yveltal are the main taunt users but usually don't have the bulk to survive a switch-in and they're both fairly weak against Ho-oh.

Skarmory is one of the better taunters in the tier although Skarmory has pretty bad 4MSS in ubers too.

Oh okay I guess that makes sense. I've never played in Ubers because it never really caught my fancy, the choice of viable mons seems to be fairly low which is never really fun for me.

Huge Liability
Mar 2, 2010

Freakbox posted:

Also: I haven't tried the online battle system yet- I know the challenges I've gotten have said 'set all to lvl 50'. Stupid Question- does this mean everyone's pokemon will be lowered AND raised to level 50? Or does it just mean that everyone will be lowered to 50 who's above 50 and that low-levels will stay low level? I invest way too much thought in my critter's feelings :ohdear: I'd hate to accept a challenge and get them all pulverized.

I'm pretty sure that 'all set to lvl 50' means that Pokemon over 50 will be lowered, but Pokemon under 50 will not be raised to 50. So if I were you, I wouldn't bring an under-leveled Pokemon into a battle like that unless they were pretty close to 50 (I've brought a level 49 Skarmory into battles like that and she did just fine.)

Thankfully, online battles don't effect a Pokemon's happiness positively or negatively at all. I guess they're all just glad to be there!

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

If 2 pokemon that both have weather-inducing abilities get sent in at the same time, what determines which weather prevails?

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Oops you almost got away without your Diddy
I just got my first victory with my terrible Team Rocket themed team and I wanted to share:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-74169770

OK, Ditto barely counts but everyone was useful!

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

Huge Liability posted:

I'm pretty sure that 'all set to lvl 50' means that Pokemon over 50 will be lowered, but Pokemon under 50 will not be raised to 50. So if I were you, I wouldn't bring an under-leveled Pokemon into a battle like that unless they were pretty close to 50 (I've brought a level 49 Skarmory into battles like that and she did just fine.)

Thankfully, online battles don't effect a Pokemon's happiness positively or negatively at all. I guess they're all just glad to be there!

Thanks for the info! I wasn't sure about it; the wording is a tad misleading. i won't be going into that until I have some level 50's, then. :3:

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.

BattleCake posted:

If 2 pokemon that both have weather-inducing abilities get sent in at the same time, what determines which weather prevails?

The pokemon with the lowest speed gets its weather activated.

Edit: For example if Tyranitar and Politoed both enter on the same turn (assuming 0 IVs in Speed on both) Drizzle would activate then Sand Stream would activate thus overriding Drizzle.

why oh WHY fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jan 2, 2014

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

So I finally face the terrible Yveltal and... caught him with a quick ball. I know his capture rate was high and all, but those things are crazy good. I missed the pretty music :(

Say, If I wanna do a simple 6 vs 6 battle with my sister, can I choose that "downlevel every poke to 50" someone just mentioned? Or is it restricted to specific battle formats?

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.

Blackheart posted:

So I finally face the terrible Yveltal and... caught him with a quick ball. I know his capture rate was high and all, but those things are crazy good. I missed the pretty music :(

Say, If I wanna do a simple 6 vs 6 battle with my sister, can I choose that "downlevel every poke to 50" someone just mentioned? Or is it restricted to specific battle formats?

Pretty sure you can use it in 6 vs 6, but it doesn't ban legendaries. This is assuming I'm remembering correctly.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Blackheart posted:

It is a setting that you can set in local battles. I use it a lot with my friends. I'm pretty sure there is a "Level All Pokemon to 50" thing you can toggle.

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

People like replaying through games with Nuzlockes and stuff to make things more interesting, but for whatever reason I like breeding up weird/difficult pokemon more than battling them. Barring Masudaing up shinies, which is from what I understand is complete bullshit, what do you think are some good breeding challenges? So far I've made 6 iv pokemon, all 0-1 iv pokemon, and a Farfetch'd with a Stick and all high-crit moves. Hidden power stuff? Thinking about putting HP Fire on an Eevee.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

avlein posted:

You either go for maximum defensive investment (252 HP/Def or SDef) or max out speed to win the Prankster wars between you and other Meowstics. However, keep in mind that Meowstic also learns Quick Guard, which can counter opposing Pranksters quite handily.

Haha, I'm not going to raise one, I just need to know exactly how many hits it'll take to kill the little bastard and get the actual battle started. gently caress Meowstic. :suicide:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Ratspeaker posted:

Haha, I'm not going to raise one, I just need to know exactly how many hits it'll take to kill the little bastard and get the actual battle started. gently caress Meowstic. :suicide:

Just use safeguard and swagger your own guys. There meowstic does nothing to you now.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Waitwaitawaitwaitwait.

Tell me more about this farfetch'd.

I might be... interested... in such a bird.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Ignite Memories posted:

Waitwaitawaitwaitwait.

Tell me more about this farfetch'd.

I might be... interested... in such a bird.
He has a leek sword.

Immer
Aug 11, 2009

It's what they were born for.
They serve no other purpose in life.
Keep doing what you're doing.

Nihilarian posted:

He has a leek sword.

This is all you need to know. Farfetch'd is the best.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I can't believe he didn't get a Steel/Flying samurai [mega] evolution >:[

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

He can always be a samurai in our hearts. :kimchi:

• Locked thread