Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dr. Faustus posted:

I didn't make the challenge. loving moron.

you just demanded that someone post their tracks you gigantic imbecile

less than a loving page ago

e: less than four posts. it was the last thing you posted before immediately saying you didn't say it

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jan 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

drunk asian neighbor posted:

15 pages back son

still ongoing - he can't stop himself it's like a car crash but the car keeps backing up and going full speed into a telephone pole

also the car has a bitchin' paintjob and an easy carry handle

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

no u

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

can we go back to posting the surfboard guy :colbert:

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

you literally challenged someone to post music in the post i quoted how are you this dumb

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

man thats gross posted:

you literally challenged someone to post music in the post i quoted how are you this dumb

THATS WHAT I WANT TO KNOW :gonk:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Dewgy posted:

you just demanded that someone post their tracks you gigantic imbecile

less than a loving page ago

I posted mine in response to that first challenge, you humongous imbecile. Except I posted mine and no one else did. You want to step up?

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known
"i'll show these loving trolls" *writes 200 long boring posts about how cool i am*

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
yeah you gread Ay moron. Salt fish is recording right now and he intend to take the throne in this thread about ugly guitars.

Who's setting up the unhackable voting system??

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

You should have changed your avatar to the guy with the surfboard guitar - at least then when you're posting boring poo poo a billion times we'd get to see something rad each time

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dr. Faustus posted:

I posted mine in response to that first challenge, you humongous imbecile. Except I posted mine and no one else did. You want to step up?

so like do you eat lead paint on a regular basis or some poo poo, is your steve vai guitar collection giving you brain damage from gnawing at the old finish on it

or loving it

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

bunky posted:

post your music asap

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
thats cool but it doesnt change the fact that youve been trying to goad someone, ANYONE, into a dueling strat-likes situation for like 10 pages now

what you need to realize is that he reason no one has responded isnt that theyre afraid of your hot licks

everyone just thinks youre an insufferable little tit

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

Anybody here could write a generic 3-chord punk song and record it and post it, and it would still be better than what you posted because it's a collection of original songs instead of 1 dude noodling badly over backing tracks followed by a few half-assed/shittily executed covers of songs a million loving people on Youtube have done better covers of

Despite the fact that you appear to have spent thousands of dollars on mostly hideous versions of the same guitar you have zero actual creative output, putting you at the level of that dude in college playing Sublime and Dave Matthews songs on their acoustic at a party - you're screaming for attention but nobody loving cares

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
i responded with a bad neil young spoof but got fairly thrashed for it

still think it was better than faustus

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Faustus posted:

That's all it took? So, the years of practice? Nevermind, here:

In 2001 the SA Musician's Lounge proposed a little solo contest. The idea was that you choose a backing track from a list of mp3s and then lay down a solo on the instrument of your choice. This was my entry, but the contest never actually happened.
I used my homebuilt Strat-style and the pair of Peavey combos that someone posted earlier. No effects, 75% gain, a little room reverb. I was going for a Robben Ford vibe but the chord progression was odd. As usual, a little EVH and Paul Gilbert found their way in there, but that's what I intended to share for the contest 12 years ago:

http://tindeck.com/listen/clxa

Later on, I was learning to use Reaper and Amplitube 3 on my laptop, and I decided to test out its Fender amps by trying to make a dual-amp setup to re-create the intro to Texas Flood. I programmed Toontrack drums, played bass, and played the guitar part. I stopped right where the vocals should start. Same ugly guitar.

http://tindeck.com/listen/mpih

And just for your amusement (horror), this is a live recording of me and a couple friends banging out the live version of Joe Satriani's "Memories" from his live EP. It's just my red Ibanez 770DX through a Rocktron Chameleon. This is the live mix right off the board. None of us could quite remember the whole tune so we took turns getting lost, but I still enjoy it.

http://tindeck.com/listen/mghk

That's this ugly guitar:

I never asked anyone to post tracks until he called me out. Not one of you have stepped up, since.
Who goaded whom?

I thought so.

Dewgy posted:

i responded with a bad neil young spoof but got fairly thrashed for it

still think it was better than faustus

LOL you would. You and your train of non-talented loudmouths.

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
like when some little poo poo on xbox live starts bragging about how tonka tuff he is and threatening to gently caress you up you dont like fly down to arkansas to fight him outside a 711 you just have a few laughs at his expense and move on with your life

this is whats happening to you right now

you are the little poo poo

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

also holy poo poo that Ed Roman site is pure gold

"Here's another one of my politically incorrect, too little too late, pain in the rear end articles reminding you that you are screwing the entire American way of life by buying expensive high end products made in Asia.

"Some people may read my rants and may assume that I was sour grapes on Superstores for self serving reasons. I have thought about it long and hard and I have assured myself that my own agenda is truly unaffected by these stores."

"Corporate Guitar Companies are ruining our industry forever. They are destroying any semblance of quality that once existed, They have taken much of the manufacturing to the Orient. It's probably already too late, Someday soon you won't be able to buy a handmade guitar."

Goddamn Orientals taking our guitars

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

Dr. Faustus posted:

I never asked anyone to post tracks until he called me out. Not one of you have stepped up, since.
Who goaded whom?

I thought so.

I posted an acoustic track but I was kinda goofing off so eh

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dr. Faustus posted:

Who goaded whom?

I thought so.

who got goaded by the internet and wrote a loving book about it and threw around challenges like a kid in middle school

i thought so

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

Who goaded whom?

I thought so.

Again those aren't "tracks," that implies some sort of creativity involved. What you posted is basically "how to solo boringly" and "how to butcher a cover"

post a real song you wrote or contributed to.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Again those aren't "tracks," that implies some sort of creativity involved. What you posted is basically "how to solo boringly" and "how to butcher a cover"

post a real song you wrote or contributed to.
Give me one good reason. You're just gonna GBS on it.
Also, I didn't solo boringly or butcher any covers. Keep judging what you can't do. It's funny.

Dewgy posted:

who got goaded by the internet and wrote a loving book about it and threw around challenges like a kid in middle school

i thought so

Thanks for admitting you started it, and I didn't.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jan 2, 2014

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

So you can back up your own challenge?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dr. Faustus posted:

put up or shut up

actually, just shut up

really don't care if you put up

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known
imagine having a guitarist like dr. fastfurious in your band

sure he might know how to doodleydoodleydoo but as soon as the slightest conflict arises he goes on a point by point rant that would last for 3 hours if you didn't kick him the gently caress out of your band immediately

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

'creative differences'

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

Also, I didn't solo boringly or butcher any covers. Keep judging what you can't do. It's funny.

Nice stealth edit retard, by your own loving description:

Dr. Faustus posted:

a little solo contest.

A solo and

Dr. Faustus posted:

banging out the live version of Joe Satriani's "Memories" from his live EP.

None of us could quite remember the whole tune so we took turns getting lost,

a butchered cover

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
WE CANT STOP

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Also I'm reposting this so it doesn't get lost in the stream of bullshit spewing out of Dr. Sperglord's mouth because it's loving hilarious

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

So you can back up your own challenge?

You one by one have made it clear you have nothing to share. I've put myself out there and you have countered with lots and lots of outrage and whiny baby logic.

I'll worry about it when one of you can play... anything.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

You one by one have made it clear you have nothing to share. I've put myself out there and you have countered with lots and lots of outrage and whiny baby logic.

So don't throw out a challenge you dunce

mods ban for failed Toxx clause pls tia

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

you cant stop
one more time

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

a butchered cover
Let me hear your attempt. It's not exactly guitar 101.

Challenge: Thrown.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Here's some hot licks I just laid down in case anybody is still up for a bitchin' guitar-off. I picked this particular song for its soulful emotional content.

Flight of the Bumble Bee at 1400 BPM. Starts at 1:15.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE-T__qtTVY

Beat that. Do you have what it takes?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

Let me hear your attempt. It's not exactly guitar 101.

Let me hear you make a piece of original music

Challenge: caught

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I tried to read this poo poo but I just can't. Someone pm me if that challenge gets accepted.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

So don't throw out a challenge you dunce

mods ban for failed Toxx clause pls tia
Toxx yourself. Between us, who has posted any music? I was called out, so I linked a few tracks. If I call you out, where are yours?

O I love you guys so much, but I have to hit the bed. While I am gone, load up this thread with your very very best guitar tracks. I can't loving wait.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

GreatGreen posted:

Here's some hot licks I just laid down in case anybody is still up for a bitchin' guitar-off. I picked this particular song for its soulful emotional content.

Flight of the Bumble Bee at 1400 BPM. Starts at 1:15.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE-T__qtTVY

Beat that. Do you have what it takes?

You know what's super funny is that he's doing that on what looks like an LTD F-50 which is like a $150 guitar

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
it's just music. christ, whats the worst thing that can happen? people can hate your music, or they can think you're a douchebag for not being able to take some criticism?

gently caress it here's a song i wrote, hope some people enjoy it.

https://soundcloud.com/harryinrio/last-word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Dr. Faustus posted:

i must admit that i am but a lowly peasant bassist... IN TRAINING :eng99:, jealous of your amazing skills at tapping poo poo onto a fretboard

• Locked thread