Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Looks like Atlanta is going to get leftovers with Clowney likely going to Oakland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Josh Lyman posted:

Looks like Atlanta is going to get leftovers with Clowney likely going to Oakland.

Depending on what the Rams do (I still suspect they trade down because I don't think they're cutting Bradford) they could end up with Barr or Matthews, either of which I think would help them immensely.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Roasted Donut posted:

He's a lame rear end geno smith rear end loser who played for turd rear end louisville in the worst conference in the country
Bortles plays in the same conference and the only difference in their SOS is that louisville didnt gain the honor of losing to steve spurrier

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Blake Bortles is probably the second best quarterback in the draft. I fully expect something like Bridgewater at #1, Manziel at #3 (I could see Gus wanting to get the next Russell Wilson), and Bortles at 4. He's definitely going in the top 10.

That said, if you are the Texans, you can't possibly pass on Bridgewater.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Kirios posted:

That said, if you are the Texans, you can't possibly pass on Bridgewater.

They easily could. :ssh:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Shh...don't give the Texans any ideas!

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

bhsman posted:

They easily could. :ssh:

I was on the Clowney team until I saw Bridgewater in his bowl and it impressed me. Though the only other game I saw of his was the UCF game where he didn't look that good.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Kirios posted:

Shh...don't give the Texans any ideas!

If the thought of Clowney and Watt tearing Luck in half doesn't give you a literal football wet dream, I don't know what to tell you.

PrinceRandom posted:

I was on the Clowney team until I saw Bridgewater in his bowl and it impressed me. Though the only other game I saw of his was the UCF game where he didn't look that good.

I'm still on the Clowney train but I'd love to have Teddy or JFF. I've done a few mocks with Clowney as the first pick so I might as well do one with a QB first just for fun.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

bhsman posted:

I'm still on the Clowney train but I'd love to have Teddy or JFF.

I'm a Bridgewater guy but at this point that's basically how I feel. It's not like the VY/Reggie/Mario draft where I was afraid we'd take Vince.

So there was Suck For Luck and poo poo The Bed For Ted. I'm having a hard time figuring out what taking Bortles at #1 would be. Shart Your Jortles For Bortles?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Arschlochkind posted:

I'm a Bridgewater guy but at this point that's basically how I feel. It's not like the VY/Reggie/Mario draft where I was afraid we'd take Vince.

So there was Suck For Luck and poo poo The Bed For Ted. I'm having a hard time figuring out what taking Bortles at #1 would be. Shart Your Jortles For Bortles?

#Chortle4Bortles is the go-to hashtag, I guess.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Catchphrases for tanking is one of my least favorite things in sports.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Grozz Nuy posted:

Catchphrases for tanking is one of my least favorite things in sports.

I'm sorry we don't have a playoff game to comfort us instead. :smith:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

bhsman posted:

I'm sorry we don't have a playoff game to comfort us instead. :smith:

What's comforting about it? I'm a nervous wreck.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If Clowney goes to Oakland I will laugh all the way to the bank. I don't know that we've had a player with that kind of athleticism on the line since like Darrell Russell. WAIT

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kirios posted:

Blake Bortles is probably the second best quarterback in the draft. I fully expect something like Bridgewater at #1, Manziel at #3 (I could see Gus wanting to get the next Russell Wilson), and Bortles at 4. He's definitely going in the top 10.

I had to look the draft order up to make sure you weren't buying the Malzahn to Cleveland rumor.

I'd actually like to see Malzahn and JFF work together just to see what happened although my brain tells me it would probably end up with a dead Manziel.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I wish RD was running my team's draft.

RD what did you think of manti teo

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

The press conferences. :allears:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I had to look the draft order up to make sure you weren't buying the Malzahn to Cleveland rumor.

I'd actually like to see Malzahn and JFF work together just to see what happened although my brain tells me it would probably end up with a dead Manziel.

Part of me regrets Ron got his poo poo together so suddenly and dramatically, because I would love to reunite Cam with Gus.

Also getting rid of Mike Shula would be nice.

himurak
Jun 13, 2003

Where was that save the world button again?
I still don't know why everyone is thinking Jacksonville is going to pass on Clowney if he's still there. What am I missing we have a defensive coach and a QB who can manage why would we over reach for something that will likely be there in the second round?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

himurak posted:

I still don't know why everyone is thinking Jacksonville is going to pass on Clowney if he's still there. What am I missing we have a defensive coach and a QB who can manage why would we over reach for something that will likely be there in the second round?

If the Jaguars go in to the season with Chad Henne as the starter with like Aaron Murray waiting in the wings than just burn that place to the ground.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

FizFashizzle posted:

If the Jaguars go in to the season with Chad Henne as the starter with like Aaron Murray waiting in the wings than just burn that place to the ground.

They could sign Mike Vick to play for five games until he breaks again, or be the next stop on the Jason Campbell Journeyman Express.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden
Jacksonville needs to parlay that top-5 pick into like four second-rounders and two third-rounders and start building some functional depth so that when a good QB comes into town his team can withstand a couple injuries.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Bortles is a pretty bad name.

Teddy Bridgewater is objectively the best name in football with Terrance Broadway shortly behind. Look for Broadway to be the first pick in next year's draft.

How quickly we forget Barkevious Mingo.

I just want to make "My son is also named Bortles" jokes so I hope Cleveland drafts him.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I still don't see why you'd take Bridgewater over Manziel

Also I have zero idea how offensive linemen are projected. Who is Ja'Wuan James and why is he being placed for the Giants?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
gently caress it. It's the Browns. Johnny Manziel it is. Otherwise gently caress it, Clowney, Evans, RB, Aaron Murray. For extra Brownsness.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

So is Tajh Boyd more like the next Drew Brees or the next Russell Wilson

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rasczak posted:

So is Tajh Boyd more like the next Drew Brees or the next Russell Wilson

Neither.

Re: Bortles

He reminds me more of Schaub than Roethlisberger. His decision making was actually pretty poor last night, but his mechanics looks good. Nitpicky about driving off his back foot, it seems to work for him when he doesn't. He probably won't test very well at the combine outside of some throwing drills.

Petty is intriguing too. He definitely needs to go back one more year.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Agreed, Bortles looks like a mobile Schaub. I hope Oakland gets Clowney and like, McCarron in the 2nd or something

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

After you guys compared him to Matt Schaub I could not be less interested in Bortles. I think Schaub's a trigger word for me or something.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

PrinceRandom posted:

MSU's DBs looked really good. I know about Dennard but are there any other prospects?

Isaiah Lewis is the only other one who will be in this year's draft. Look out for Trae Waynes next year.

B.F. Hoodrich
May 16, 2006
welp

Bigass Moth posted:

How quickly we forget Barkevious Mingo.

I just want to make "My son is also named Bortles" jokes so I hope Cleveland drafts him.

If Bortles doesn't have BORT vanity plates then he clearly lacks NFL-caliber irony and you should draft at your own risk

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

RD what did you think of manti teo

i thought it was really cool that his broke brained got clowned up and down the field against alabama all night in he national championship.

that being said he was the kinda dude you take like end of the second or third round, just not in the first

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kirios posted:

After you guys compared him to Matt Schaub I could not be less interested in Bortles. I think Schaub's a trigger word for me or something.

Mobile... Schaub? I can't process those two words together

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Kirios posted:

Which is weird because he was really good for you guys up until this year

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Here's a really dumb article about drafting Manziel #1 overall that I hate

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2014/01/it_begins_obrienmanziel_new_ye.php

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Declan MacManus posted:

Which is weird because he was really good for you guys up until this year

Whenever a team is picking #1 overall and needs a QB, the fans of that team will become hyper critical or unbelievable poison drinkers with every QB prospect. This annoying process will last until the draft actually happens. Kirios will condemn every prospect that remotely reminds him of Schaub without giving them more chances to prove their worth in the combine and OTAs.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Doltos posted:

Whenever a team is picking #1 overall and needs a QB, the fans of that team will become hyper critical or unbelievable poison drinkers with every QB prospect. This annoying process will last until the draft actually happens. Kirios will condemn every prospect that remotely reminds him of Schaub without giving them more chances to prove their worth in the combine and OTAs.

This is all 100% true. I'm not even going to deny it - the Texans so desperately need a QB that I hyper analyze each one and I look at mock drafts every day. I do not like being a fan of the team with the #1 pick - someone please help me. :(

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Kirios posted:

This is all 100% true. I'm not even going to deny it - the Texans so desperately need a QB that I hyper analyze each one and I look at mock drafts every day. I do not like being a fan of the team with the #1 pick - someone please help me. :(

take the de

take him

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Declan MacManus posted:

take the de

take him

DEs aren't sexy picks in the top 3. You need a sex bomb WR or QB there, every time. Only beta teams take OTs and DEs in the top 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Declan MacManus posted:

take the de

take him

Don't wanna. :(. I want the super exciting #1 pick in the draft quarterback and you will not deny me this!

Edit: It also helps that I'm also a fan of a team that already did the DE at #1 route. I want something fresh...something new.

Basically, I want the next David Carr (And no gently caress you, not Derek Carr) minus the horrific offensive line.

Edit: I hate to admit this because bhsman's going to have a field day with this one, but I'm even leaning towards being OK with Manziel at #1...I'm going to great making this comment.

Kirios fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jan 2, 2014

• Locked thread