Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Paid for an express delivery to have something here on or before NYE and it still hasn't arrived. Sent an email today asking the company where it was. No reply yet which is fine, but they have already sent me out a customer service satisfaction survey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
My ADHD is acting up even though I took my meds. Now I'm having trouble focusing on my video games on my day off.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I went to an co-worker's adult toy party before Christmas and got myself a present. Everyone else got theirs over a week ago but mine was never delivered. I called the hostess up and the tracking number said it was sent to my house on the 21st.

Someone stole my vibrator off my porch and now my co-workers won't stop heckling me about calling the Dildo Police. :(

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Hey, at least you know when you call em, they'll know to come quickly.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

My pipes are frozen and it's weird because it was way colder earlier this year and they didn't freeze then. Also I'm going to have to pull down walls to get at them and I thought I was done with renovations for a while :mad:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
It's fuckin' POURING outside, but if I don't go shopping for groceries right now I will have to eat frozen pizza until Tuesday because my fridge is empty and tomorrow's a vacation day so the shops are closed UGGGGGHH MY LIFE IS SO HARD :saddowns:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

I can't find a good solid place on the wall to properly mount my flatscreen TV (and I don't want to have to take a chunk of the plaster off to get back to the bricks).

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I slept in later than I wanted but I don't have anything to do today.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
My parents are telling me I have to go in to work even though the county we live in has ordered no one to leave their house unless absolutely necessary due to emergency weather conditions. Living with your parents is cheap but it sucks rear end some times.

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

this isn't hug club at all
my friend finally got a texting plan, but now she just texts me "Hi' constantly and won't tell me what she wants until after I reply.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I'm behind on a class that I really don't give a poo poo about and I just want to do the homework for another class that I'm slightly behind on.

Celery Face has a new favorite as of 07:33 on Jan 7, 2014

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer
It's so cold here in Chicago that the pipes in my bathroom froze and there is a plug of ice coming up out of my tub's drain. Also, we have to fill the toilet tank with scalding hot water to flush it manually until the weather warms up and everything thaws. My apartment maintenance guy wants to cut a hole in my bedroom wall to access the pipes and take a blowtorch to them to melt the ice.

Raudedauden
Jun 18, 2005

TunaSpleen posted:

It's so cold here in Chicago that the pipes in my bathroom froze and there is a plug of ice coming up out of my tub's drain. Also, we have to fill the toilet tank with scalding hot water to flush it manually until the weather warms up and everything thaws. My apartment maintenance guy wants to cut a hole in my bedroom wall to access the pipes and take a blowtorch to them to melt the ice.

Your apartment maintenance guy sounds like an idiot. Using a blowtorch is a great way to set your apartment on fire.

My FWP is having to wait a week for my doctor to get the results from the X-ray I had yesterday. I want to know what's wrong with me now!

Raudedauden has a new favorite as of 13:14 on Jan 7, 2014

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Raudedauden posted:

Your apartment maintenance guy sounds like an idiot. Using a blowtorch is a great way to set your apartment on fire.

I know, we're going to call the main office tomorrow and tell them about it before he's allowed to do anything. We've told them for months the guy is an incompetent moron, maybe they'll finally listen this time. In the meantime, I should call some friends and see if anyone has a shower I can borrow soon.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Blowtorching frozen pipes is an easy way to accidentally desolder your pipes or blow them up in your face.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

GWBBQ posted:

Blowtorching frozen pipes is an easy way to accidentally desolder your pipes or blow them up in your face.

Rapidly heating up ice in a pipe couldn't possibly result in anything like that.

Anyway, I don't have any socks to wear till after I do my laundry.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

My very attractive friend keeps dating ugly girls, and I always feel disappointed that he doesn't get better looking ones.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.
I missed my train this morning because I had to poo and now I have to make up the time next week.

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

this isn't hug club at all
I have so much laundry to fold.

uptown
May 16, 2009
My loving printer takes forever to start up. Maybe don't automatically turn off if there's going to be such an issue, you piece of poo poo.

e: Several hours later, still having printer issues. All the online troubleshooting isn't helping. Yes I can still print, but only through a wired connection.

uptown has a new favorite as of 01:33 on Jan 9, 2014

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Bought AssCreed IV on Steam, have to wait two and a half loving hours for the download to finish. It feels like we have not progressed from ordering things in mail-order catalogs in the 80s, I will have died of old age before I get to play this game.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

My manager asked me to cover his open today and I had no problem.

I got here at 6 because that's when I thought we opened.

Turns out they changed the open time to 7 and I forgot he told me that.

Now to sit in the dark for an hour!

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Good news! They sent an actual plumber... but he still had to cut a big hole in my bedroom wall to replace the pipes. They put in a new drywall panel and said that another crew would be back to tape it up, paint over it, and even shampoo my carpet because they tracked in slush while going back and forth, but it's been two days and nobody's called or showed up yet. It's pretty annoying having half of my bedroom shoved to the side while waiting on their asses.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
While I was away from my desk at the reception of a public pool someone stole the small sticker on my McDonalds coffee cup and it was the last one I needed to get one free :( This makes me more sad/mad than I thought it would

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Check engine light on...
Check engine light off...
Check engine light on...
Check engine light off...

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I have to go outside and it's cold. :(

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I was flying home from winter break, and they unloaded my luggage in London because they thought I'd miss my connecting flight. All my clean clothes and hygeine items were in there and I'm not getting it until tomorrow. :mad:

I also caught a cold, and found out that flying while congested can be pretty awful.

uptown
May 16, 2009
I am way too loving spoiled and I need to go on vacation before I go on a literal killing spree.

edit: I was literally on a plane a month ago and completely forgot about it. Travelling one province over doesn't count apparently.

uptown has a new favorite as of 22:47 on Jan 9, 2014

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Kajeesus posted:

I also caught a cold, and found out that flying while congested can be pretty awful.
I did that once and despite the special earplugs, the only time I heard anything out of my left ear for the next month was when on the flight back home when we were over 30000 feet.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I work in an airport but haven't flown for ten years and that is rhe last time I had a vacation. Thenagain, I had grilled sandwiches and tomato soup yesterday, so that's nice.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's 5am and I'm just going to bed now after a 5 hour gaming session. Which was great, but now I'll be tired tomorrow.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I'm too tired to play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, which is a really hard game to play when you're tired.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
I got a Keurig K-cup coffee maker for Christmas. I already have a drip coffee maker and so I only planned on using the Keurig for specialty drinks like Cider, hot chocolate, the occasional flavored coffee. Since the little cups/packs/refills whatever are so expensive. But that company knows what it's doing. It came with a few coffee packs in the box and now I'm hooked on how easy and fast it is to make a cup of delicious coffee. I ran out of the provided coffees and instead of using my original coffee maker, I want to buy more refills for the Keurig.

My coffee is too delicious and easy to make
:negative:

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

I'm meeting an old childhood friend for drinks tonight, but recently his father died and he's been kind of dick on Facebook. It's like I don't even know him anymore.

four lean hounds
Feb 16, 2012
Our pipes froze several days ago, and have finally defrosted. We're 99% certain that none of them busted as we have good pressure and can't hear any noise (and can access our crawl space to check on pipes that way too) but now I will spend the next several days in paranoid fear that we missed one and our house will get sever water damage.

We can afford repairs and are insured, but hngh, I hate the anxiety.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!
I've been running out of food and had to resort to making a Kraft Dinner to eat tonight, but when I went to put the butter in all that was in the dish had somehow melted completely. :confused:

It tasted fine, just slightly thin, but I'm still weirded out by how that could happen. It's not like the dish was by a heat source.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I drank a ton of cherry coke and I have work tomorrow and my body is not having this whole "sleeping" thing.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I bought L'instant de Guerlain pour homme deodorant instead of Égoïste becase they look pretty similar when you're drunk (and I bet Guerlain chose a similar typeface not accidentally). It doesn't smell half as nice.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

I'm building an immersion bath for my sous vide project and Amazon won't ship half the parts to my country.

Why don't you want my money Amazon? Why!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Buggiezor posted:

I got a Keurig K-cup coffee maker for Christmas. I already have a drip coffee maker and so I only planned on using the Keurig for specialty drinks like Cider, hot chocolate, the occasional flavored coffee. Since the little cups/packs/refills whatever are so expensive. But that company knows what it's doing. It came with a few coffee packs in the box and now I'm hooked on how easy and fast it is to make a cup of delicious coffee. I ran out of the provided coffees and instead of using my original coffee maker, I want to buy more refills for the Keurig.

My coffee is too delicious and easy to make
:negative:

Get some reusable filter baskets. They're usually something like 4 for $10.

My problem is that I drank a lot of red wine last night and woke up feeling awful. I just had a bowl of pho, which is like god's own hangover food, but I still feel kind of gross. I didn't even finish my food and had to take the rest home. :sigh:

• Locked thread