Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
It's cool to finally see Derby Stallion being played in a way I can understand what's going on :allears:

It's the one series I've always wished had some sort of translation so I could try it myself alas, JP only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"

flyboi posted:

It's cool to finally see Derby Stallion being played in a way I can understand what's going on :allears:

It's the one series I've always wished had some sort of translation so I could try it myself alas, JP only.

I hear ya. I've got a couple of the SFC versions, but my kanji is still weak and it's like staring into smoked glass at this point.

(The fact that I also know gently caress all about horses doesn't help.)

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

Azazell0 posted:

Serebro - Gun, if we're talking about the same thing.

Thanks. Unfortunately, the whole song is not nearly so good.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
What do you guys think is the best Tamage segment? I'm putting the video together for my panel and want to show off the tamage segment.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

bpc908 posted:

What do you guys think is the best Tamage segment? I'm putting the video together for my panel and want to show off the tamage segment.

The one with Metal Slug :v:

Actually the one where he played Metal Slug 2 with the store owner, a lovely old lady, and she had no idea she was dead. Also the one with the motorcycle.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I always liked the one in Night Of The Sickle Weasel.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

bpc908 posted:

I honestly have no idea what episode it was so good luck finding it, but the one with the shop owner whose voice would crack and go high pitch at the end of his sentences.

Arino made a joke about how the arcade cabinets were all unusually loud and then he heard the owner speak and made a joke about that too. Also anyone where he tries out batting cages. I feel I should know/suggest more since the tamage segments are my favorite bar none, but I just like them all.

AzraelDarkheart
Mar 24, 2013

HoneyBoy posted:

I honestly have no idea what episode it was so good luck finding it, but the one with the shop owner whose voice would crack and go high pitch at the end of his sentences.

Arino made a joke about how the arcade cabinets were all unusually loud and then he heard the owner speak and made a joke about that too. Also anyone where he tries out batting cages. I feel I should know/suggest more since the tamage segments are my favorite bar none, but I just like them all.

That's one of the Yoshi's Island episodes.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

A few that come to mind off the top of my head:

Tokyo Tower has a good mix of games and Abe riding.

The 10-yen game museum showcases a lot of games that would be unfamiliar to US viewers.

That candy shop is the Takeshi's Castle episode where the kid hits the jackpot right after Arino gives up.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Which episode had the tamage where they show off the mountain climbing game? I remember someone had found a link to a webpage where you could play a flash version or something.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Phoenix.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Potsticker posted:

Which episode had the tamage where they show off the mountain climbing game? I remember someone had found a link to a webpage where you could play a flash version or something.

He's played it a few times but the Takeshi's Castle episode shows it the best (and then the kid flies through the course).

I still can't believe that game's literal title is "The Mountain Climbing Game".

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Thanks! Gonna rewatch both of those now.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Serious question: if you saw Arino on location at an arcade and he asked to play a game with you, would you pick Metal Slug?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Depends, really. If there was a game at that arcade that were somehow important or meaningful to me, I'd absolutely ask him to play that with me.

But because all of those games for me are on the PC or console, heck yes I'd pick Metal Slug.

(A fighting game might be better for telling a short story appropriate for a TV show in roughly fifteen seconds, but he's poo poo at those, so)

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

zari-gani posted:

Serious question: if you saw Arino on location at an arcade and he asked to play a game with you, would you pick Metal Slug?

I would pick Street Fighter so he could show off more of his moves with Dhalsim

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

bpc908 posted:

I would pick Street Fighter so he could show off more of his moves with Dhalsim

I'd pick the Simpsons and hope he plays as Marge.

Failing that, MS2

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
I just realized I haven't watched the Night of the Sickle Weasel episode (I think) and was wondering if that was put up anywhere else after alluvion died.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

zari-gani posted:

Well I love Metal Slug, so yes.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
I can't remember the arcade part, but the one where he goes to that bar that looks like someones house. Also the ones where him and Takahashi buy up AKB48 stuff.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

zari-gani posted:

Not if I can find a Rampart cabinet for a proper arcade challenge :v:

(edit) or Twinkle Star Sprites again, but good luck finding that in America :(

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Well, the Budokan show is out there. I don't know if it's kosher to talk about where to find it.

I think this is the first live show that's not edited down to highlights. It's just two straight hours of games and some interludes that took place at the actual show. This works fine for all the games played, I think, except one, which went on for far too long and with not much variety. It also apparently took some time away from the final challenge of the night.

There was a little behind-the-scenes stuff in one of the episodes this season, but it did seem weird not having any footage of an AD sitting on the floor playing NES or something.

But overall it's a really great show, with really great games and two amazing come back from behind victories.

Chronomaster
Sep 24, 2006

kirbysuperstar posted:

Actually the one where he played Metal Slug 2 with the store owner, a lovely old lady, and she had no idea she was dead.

See, I don't know if you're trying to be legitimate there, because there's probably at least three episodes where that happens.

And to answer the question asked earlier, I'd challenge him to that one Pierrot game which I can't remember the name to.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I can only think of one specific one where that happens, personally. Couldn't tell you which one though.

As far as favorite tamage segments, the one where Arino pulls the shelf off of that crane game comes to mind.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Is there a way to make Ogawa really good or anything?

His description makes me think that like there's some way to make him the best

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Rochallor posted:

Well, the Budokan show is out there. I don't know if it's kosher to talk about where to find it.

I think this is the first live show that's not edited down to highlights. It's just two straight hours of games and some interludes that took place at the actual show.

If you go through your daily motions on the internet, I'm sure you'll find it easily.

The actual event was 2.5 hours long, so there is some stuff cut out of the TV broadcast. What stands out in particular was the fake news broadcast with Yuko Takeda and Abe as the anchorman/woman talking about the movie's title song. Also, at the very end When Arino and staff came into the audience, and Kan gave a speech thanking everyone for the 10 years of support, about how the show might last 10 more years, or 10 more days, and asked for everyone to join in shouting "Kacho off!", so it can be used at the end of the last episode. Kind of a sobering way to end such a fun time :/

Both of those spoilers spoil things not shown on the actual Budokan special, FYI.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jan 3, 2014

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

zari-gani posted:

Almost definitely. I would also be really tempted to go for Dance Dance Revolution. :slick:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

NuclearPotato posted:

I can only think of one specific one where that happens, personally. Couldn't tell you which one though.

As far as favorite tamage segments, the one where Arino pulls the shelf off of that crane game comes to mind.

Episode 31, IIRC. It's at the stationary store.

The shelf happens at Game BIG. But remember, you can't do that anymore.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

zari-gani posted:

Is Boong-Ga Boong-Ga not an option?

Edit: seriously though I bought a barcode battler and something like 100 extra game cards for it. I want to battle him and then have him autograph one of the barcode cards and get any of the staff on hand to do the same so I can battle 'them' at home.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jan 3, 2014

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

bpc908 posted:

I enjoy the ones from the two Super Mario 64 episodes. Buying unopened old games from a tiny stall, and Arino wanting to ride the S-carlater.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Alluvion.org tracker is not loading for me. Is it just me?

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

bpc908 posted:

Not actually tamage, but you could show some clips or screenshots of Arino's 40th birthday special, the one where he played Pilotwings. I think it's really special and really monumental to what makes the show so great: Arino and his dynamics with the other staff members.

Oh, and Arino riding piggyback with Abe on Hang-On. :3: That, I think, was on first season with Challenger and Atlantis no Nazo.

ScottyJSno posted:

It's been dead for ages.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Random Stranger posted:

Episode 31, IIRC. It's at the stationary store.

Yeaaah, that was it. I really like that Tamage for whatever reason.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

ScottyJSno posted:

jyrque posted:

It's been dead for ages.

Yeah, Random Stranger needs to update the OP, especially now that we've got the big season pack torrents up and running.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there any issues you guys have with the first two Nintendo Channel videos? I noticed they haven't been translated yet and I do recall the Nintendo Channel on the Wii getting shut down in the US Store a few years ago.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

bpc908 posted:

It's not a Tamage segment, but what about the "Quest of Ki" digest clips from episode 60, Bonk's Adventure? It's full of everything that makes the show great, in my opinion.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jan 3, 2014

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

bpc908 posted:

A lot of good ones have been mentioned, I also like the ones they eat stuff, especially one where the old lady is feeding Arino his noodles while he's playing a fighting game. (can't remember the episode.)

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

FredMSloniker posted:

Yeah, Random Stranger needs to update the OP, especially now that we've got the big season pack torrents up and running.

Word. Thanks.

Apollove
May 31, 2013
So what's everyone's favorite Nintendo Channel special? I personally like the Super Metroid one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Has Arino ever played Nintendo's Arm Wrestling?