Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...

Darth Walrus posted:

And he's given his new friends in the way more effective terrible right-wing a big boost, yes.

It's like forming a cocoon of dried poo poo. He's on the path of wealth and success and shaping discourse. Jesus....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

What the hell would Tommy even contribute to a think tank? Like what deep strategic thoughts does a man who, not even a week ago, publicly intimidated a man and stole his mail have?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Actually he intimidated the wrong guy so it doesn't count.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

He's the tank.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Demiurge4 posted:

What the hell would Tommy even contribute to a think tank? Like what deep strategic thoughts does a man who, not even a week ago, publicly intimidated a man and stole his mail have?

an army of deniable dimwits and fuckheads to do stuff off the books?

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Demiurge4 posted:

Tommeh wanted to jump ship.
The thinktank wants media attention.

Works well for both of them.

Even the hardest of hardcore EDL can only take so many years of watching "donations to legal funds" go up tommeh's nose or into stone island's cash registers before they start questioning his leadership, and after a brief boost over the woolwich murder, numbers at demo's have collapsed again. He can't get much more cash out of the rank and file, and he knows sooner or later, someone will try and usurp him (as has already been attempted). Best to quit now, and make it seem like his own decision.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Darth Walrus posted:

have stated that Arabs are innately racist.

That's pretty :ironicat:.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Jeoh posted:

He's the tank.

He's certainly good at generating aggro.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Reveilled posted:

He's certainly good at generating aggro.

And claiming all the loot

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I am pretty sure Tommeh just jumped ship because of the recent Golden Dawn arrests. He probably knows that if the EDL kills an Antifa kid, he is pretty much hosed.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Plutonis posted:

I am pretty sure Tommeh just jumped ship because of the recent Golden Dawn arrests. He probably knows that if the EDL kills an Antifa kid, he is pretty much hosed.

I really, really doubt there's any more to Tommeh's motivation than Quilliam waving a large cheque (or the prospect of one) in front of him.

It's also worth remembering that Quilliam has done this before but with much less success.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Yeah, he is in no way bright enough to understand the political climate around him. Say what you will about the Golden Dawn, but they have some planners in the gang.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Not strictly EDL related, but I hope to pass this along to the right circles, as this guy is sort of on par with them and I can easily see some sort of cooperation going.

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/blog/article/3145/polish-extremist-comes-to-uk

quote:

A Polish extremist linked to homophobia and anti-Semitism will embark on a speaking tour of the UK starting tomorrow Hope not Hate can reveal.

Robert Winnicki in conjunction with a UK based right wing Polish organisation Patriae Fidelis will take part in a 4 date tour of the UK, starting tomorrow in Cambridge.

Winnicki is the honorary president of Młodzież Wszechpolska (MW) which translates as The All Polish Youth Movement, an organisation that has been widely condemned as homophobic by various organisations including Amnesty International,Human Rights Watch as well as a number of Gay Rights organisations such as OutRage! and the Polish Campaign Against Homophobia.

The United Nations have also condemned MW describing them as an "extremist homophobic grouping"

MW have gained notoriety due to their staunch opposition of abortion and homosexuality with their opposition leading to violent clashes with Pro-choice and Gay Rights demonstrators.

In 2004, 2005, and 2006, members of MW violently attacked people who were taking part in pro-gay demonstrations, throwing eggs, bottles and stones at them, and were reported to have shouted "Send the fags to the hospital", "Perverts, get out of Kraków", "Let's gas the fags" and "We'll do to you what Hitler did to the Jews".

In April, MW said a historian’s claims that Jews helped perpetrate the Holocaust were “factual” and “necessary.” Winnicki, speaking about controversial historian Krzysztof Jasiewicz said that his claims were "far from politically correct but his statements are supported by historical facts".

In 2006, Polish authorities launched an investigation after a video recording from a party was leaked to the Polish press. In the video, MW members were seen mixing with Neo-Nazi skinheads, listening to Neo-Nazi bands, and saluting the swastika.

MW was formed in 1922 as an idealogical youth organisation with extreme nationalistic tendencies.It openly praised Hitler, Mussolini and favoured economically boycotting Jews, limiting their access to education and actively campaigned for segregation.

It is known that BNP chairman Nick Griffin is also a fan of Robert Winnicki.

Winnicki will be in Cambridge, Thursday evening at The Polonia Club, Friday at The Old College, Aberystwyth, Saturday in Bristol at the Polish Roman Catholic Church of Our Lady Of Mercy and finally Sunday sees Winnicki speak in London at the Polish Catholic Centre in Putney.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

quote:

It is known that BNP chairman Nick Griffin is also a fan of Robert Winnicki.

That seems a little strange, i thought a big part of the modern UK far-right impetus was "gently caress off Poles"

Tias
May 25, 2008

Well, narratives change. Right-wing conservatism and neo-nazism is pretty big in Poland, and since the UK fash have lost a lot of steam, "gently caress off poles" could become "welcome christian soldiers"?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Fash and logic do not go hand in hand, really. Polish fash are also nationalists, but they're more than happy to align with German neo-nazis. It's baffling.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

TheIllestVillain posted:

That seems a little strange, i thought a big part of the modern UK far-right impetus was "gently caress off Poles"

Their goals align much more closely that you'd think at first glance. The far right in Europe believes everyone should stay in the country which corresponds to their ethnicity, so they are quite capable of working together because when the BNP says that Polish people should go back to Poland, the far right in Poland is likely to agree. If you listened to a member of the far right in Europe describe their dream for the future they'd talk about a Europe of Nations, where every ethnicity stays in their country. So they can work together towards that goal in public, even if privately their dream is a restoration of the glorious German Reich over all Europe or the re-establishment of the British Empire or the conquest of Smyrna or whatever.

Of course the Roma, not having a nationstate, would all have to be killed, but unlike most things most fascists don't even beat around the bush about that.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Not to say that we don't still have a problem with immigrants, mind you.

quote:

Attackers who beat an Italian man to death allegedly shouted "you steal our jobs" during the violence.

Six men were being questioned by police on suspicion of attempted murder over the incident at an Italian restaurant in Maidstone, Kent. A total of nine men have been arrested in connection with the enquiry.

The victim has been named in Italian media as Joele Leotta, 19, who was working at a restaurant named 'Vesuvius', when he died.

According to The Day - an Italian newspaper, the attackers allegedly accused him of 'stealing jobs' as they launched the fatal assault.

Leotta, who died in hospital from his injuries, had been learning English and living in accommodation above the restaurant at the time, it is understood.

TheDoon
Jul 4, 2013
Anyone who proclaims that Polish people should get out of the Uk has never dated a Polish woman. I don't know they they put in the water over there but every Polish lady I've met has been super foxy and very, very friendly.

Erase the borders.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

TheDoon posted:

Anyone who proclaims that Polish people should get out of the Uk has never dated a Polish woman. I don't know they they put in the water over there but every Polish lady I've met has been super foxy and very, very friendly.

Erase the borders.

Doubly so for Bulgarians. My sister-in-law is Polish too.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Can we not do the whole "rarr them eastern european women sure are easy and sexy amirite".

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

Speaking as someone who is half polish I am pretty :ughh: about poles embracing Nazism given the multiple atrocities committed by the Nazis during their occupation of Poland.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

It's a bit harsh to say the actions of a few thugs who happen to be Lithuanian constitutes a problem with immigrants.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tortuga posted:

It's a bit harsh to say the actions of a few thugs who happen to be Lithuanian constitutes a problem with immigrants.

I was talking more about the 'immigrants steal jobs' rhetoric reportedly used to justify the attack. And if you don't think we have a widespread problem with that particular narrative, well...

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Looking at the reports on that case it seems more like a localised argument over some particular jobs rather than the Lithuanian guys attacking random immigrants for taking jobs in general. I don't disagree with your point, but that case doesn't seem like a good one to illustrate it.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Coohoolin posted:

Can we not do the whole "rarr them eastern european women sure are easy and sexy amirite".

Yes, please, and that goes for pretty much all of SA.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Zero Gravitas posted:

Speaking as someone who is half polish I am pretty :ughh: about poles embracing Nazism given the multiple atrocities committed by the Nazis during their occupation of Poland.

Neo-Nazism is seriously huge in loving Russia of all places, and cells even turn up in Israel from time to time. Just goes to show that stupidity is worldwide.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Tias posted:

Neo-Nazism is seriously huge in loving Russia of all places, and cells even turn up in Israel from time to time. Just goes to show that stupidity is worldwide.

More like memories are short, and nationalism has been an easy crutch for the powers that be since it's inception. When things turn to poo poo in those circumstances the rise of the far right is pretty much inevitable.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Did any of you watch When Tommy Met Mo?

Tommy Robinson posted:

...the vast majority of people in this country would want the burqa banned, due to the fact there could be anybody under that burqa walking down the street! What's the point in CCTV?!

:lol:

Kieselguhr Kid
May 16, 2010

WHY USE ONE WORD WHEN SIX FUCKING PARAGRAPHS WILL DO?

(If this post doesn't passive-aggressively lash out at one of the women in Auspol please send the police to do a welfare check.)

XyloJW posted:

Yes, please, and that goes for pretty much all of SA.

It's pretty funny that 'sexy eastern European ladies' has a direct analogy for prejudiced people, who stereotype eastern European women as fat middle-aged housewives with thickly-haired upper lips.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...
Because nobody in Britain ever suspects people in Muslim associated attire of being up to no good even when they have no good reason to assume that.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

I did not like the undertone of that programme, and I mean the literal undertone where they play that Ominous Mononote on an 80s Casio keyboard while the narrator "sumarises" everything they don't have to actually discuss.

Apart from that it was kind of interesting to see those people interact, but it would have benefitted from allowing them all more depth over a longer period - possibly not all crammed into one programme.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Anyone going to the counter march in Exeter this Saturday?

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Oh dear. http://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov...0021&CaseType=B

code:
Insolvency Case Details

Case Name	NICHOLAS JOHN GRIFFIN
Court		Welshpool and Newtown County Court
Type		Bankruptcy
Number		0000038
Case Year	2013
Order Date	02 January 2014
Status		Currently Bankrupt : Automatic Discharge will be 02 January 2015

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"

Kieselguhr Kid posted:

It's pretty funny that 'sexy eastern European ladies' has a direct analogy for prejudiced people, who stereotype eastern European women as fat middle-aged housewives with thickly-haired upper lips.

Interestingly this is not a trans-Atlantic stereotype. British media during the Cold War depicted Soviet/Eastern European women in the 'sexy femme fatale' style while in the USA they were shown in the manner you describe.

As a rule of thumb, you can tell whether the author of spy fiction is British or American by how the women on the other side of the Iron Curtain are shown.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

"Tiernan Douieb posted:

Nick Griffin has gone bankrupt. That's what happens when you're so racist you do everything to stop your bank balance being in the black.

:allears: maybe this year won't be so bad after all.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Bozza posted:

Interestingly this is not a trans-Atlantic stereotype. British media during the Cold War depicted Soviet/Eastern European women in the 'sexy femme fatale' style while in the USA they were shown in the manner you describe.

As a rule of thumb, you can tell whether the author of spy fiction is British or American by how the women on the other side of the Iron Curtain are shown.

Well isn't the "Western" stereotype for all of Europe south of the Loire and east of the Oder that the women are incredibly attractive until their late 20s, when they morph into fat chainsmoking beardos?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

the-master-race.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25590155

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Maybe if he didn't have a problem with all things black, he'd be in a better situation

So basically, his solicitors worked for him in his BNP membership court battle, and he hasn't paid them, so he gets to walk away from that. And he's producing a booklet on how to deal with debt, which is apparently going to be a stock photo of a white girl holding a sign saying 'declare bankruptcy'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
It gets worse:

-----

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...by-9037463.html

‘Nick Griffin might be bankrupt, but at least he’s not Michael Schumacher,’ says BNP head of press, Simon Darby

Fans of Michael Schumacher will no doubt be left gobsmacked by comments made by a British National Party press officer today.

As if working for a far right political party wasn’t tough enough, head press officer Simon Darby thought he’d make his life just that little bit more difficult when tackling the tricky-to-defend news that its leader, Nick Griffin, had been declared bankrupt.

"Look at it this way," he said. "Michael Schumacher has millions in the bank, but he'd do anything to be in Nick's position now wouldn't he."

The former Formula 1 champion is currently fighting for his life in hospital in France, where he lies in a medically-induced coma after suffering a critical head injury following a skiing accident.

Furthermore, it’s Schumacher’s 45th birthday today, and supporters of the seven-time world champion have been staging a silent vigil outside the Grenoble medical facility where he is being treated.

Needless to say, these comments are likely to be about as popular as… Being a member of the BNP must be.

During his conversation with the Huffington Post UK, Darby went on to discuss Griffin’s financial ruin in greater detail, saying that he remained "remarkably upbeat" about his current situation being played out in front of what he called a "pantomime society".

Griffin himself declared today a "good day", as his status as officially bankrupt has washed away all his debt concerns.

Darby went on to praise Griffin for being "brave" and for taking it all "on the chin for the party".

Griffin racked up towering debts after a dispute with a legal firm over professional negligence.

And professional negligence today reminds us again of one person, Simon Darby, who blew his own metaphorical trumpet for the tough morning of fielding press calls he recently endured.

"It could be worse," he laughed. "I wouldn't want to be Nigel Farage's press officer.

"Imagine being in that position when he said all those people could come into the country."

He was, of course, referring to the UKIP leader’s surprise comments over Syrian refugees. Farage urged the UK government to allow people “fleeing literally for their lives” from the war-torn territory into the country.

"At least there's nothing false about Nick," he added.

The insolvency details of the party chairman were registered on Thursday at Welshpool and Newtown County Court.

Mr Griffin tweeted: “Being bankrupt does not prevent me being or standing as an MEP. It does free me from financial worries. A good day!

"Party funds are not affected in any way. Our campaign in May will be our most professional yet and I will be lead candidate in the North West.

"I am now turning the experience to the benefit of hard-up constituents by producing a booklet on dealing with debt. No surrender."

-----

"Hey, our leader may be out of cash but at least he isn't in a coma!" - a man who is presumably paid to try and paint the BNP in the best possible light. :downs:

• Locked thread