Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Iris of Ether posted:

The 'completed' link for my entry is missing, as is duplicating that link for 'get based out'. Otherwise, all my points are there, thanks!

OK, fixed. I somehow got the link in for your themed group, but not for completed. (You forgot to re-mention that that was for get based out, in your oath complete post, but no worries.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

moths posted:

I, moths, oath for January:

8x Deadzone Plague troopers (Mantic, 28mm)
1x Necromancer (Reaper, 30mm)

I've also included some basing elements I made with my Basius pad - I don't think they need to be included but I just wanted to cover my bases. (Ha!)

ba-dum-TISH!

Iris of Ether posted:

OSL means it's robot time!

I, Iris of Ether, oath for January (1) Wyrmgear, Clockwork Dragon. Figure is Reaper Bones, 28mm scale.

Also, my apartment smells like solder flux now. :v:

Well this looks like it'll be very cool when finished!

Ledgem posted:

Oathing: Reaper bones vampire conversion and Privateer Press Beast Mistress, three Blighted Nyss Legionaires and 2 Stinger light warbeasts.

For conversions, can it still count as one if the conversion was done already? I made it before and have WIP pictures of it but I created it between oaths. Still gonna show the process but just wanted to be sure.

As Leperflesh said, this is just fine!

These oaths are Accepted!

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
I seem destined to accidentally time OSL with my yearly diorama, it would seem....

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Sorry for the lateness, but this picture will explain it all:

1 Point: Moths

This was a great job at NMM and the background adds nicely to the pic.

2 Points: Under 15

The beard is great unto itself, but the eyebrows and drunken stature on the chest work well together.

3 Points: Namenlos

A bright and varied scheme, a nice mo in there, but what really caught me was the shifting lizard on the box!

Bonus Point: Lord Hypnostache

May the Ram of Mo safely guide you

thiswayliesmadness fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 2, 2014

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

thiswayliesmadness posted:

3 Points: OneTruBru

While I don't get why you'd really want the BS over the rokkits, the conversion works well, some nice weathering and some kustom details about. Nice job.

:(

thiswayliesmadness, for exactly the same reason that OneTrueBru's November model isn't eligible for third prize from Sole.Sushi, it's not eligible for first prize from you: this was a Saved Whale, and OneTrueBru didn't do a regular Oath that month. I'm sorry but you'll have to pick someone else.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Whoops! But I still had my list of contenders open so I've gone back and adjusted it.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Wow, never thought I'd win any points for my models. Time to step up my photography game for the rest of the season!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I, JerryLee, oath to paint for January:

Two GW Chaos Obliterators and one Wyrd Miniatures Young Nephilim

(As you can see, the Nephilim was already primed gray while the Oblits are still bare metal and plastic--I don't think this is a problem?)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Whoops! But I still had my list of contenders open so I've gone back and adjusted it.

Alright, looks fine now! Thanks TWLM.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I laughed to see I'd been given credit for the Space Moustache. I didn't expect that to be taken seriously.

The best part is that I made the thing modular; it can be attached or left off depending on my opponent's sense of humour.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Bonus Point: Lord Hypnostache

May the Ram of Mo safely guide you

Wow, thanks! I did not expect to get points!

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

I, Dagon, oath one chaos space marine (GW), one Yuan Yuan merc (CB/infinity), one FCC Boomer (Mercs), and one land raiderish monstrosity (GW and card)

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

(I put some Stirland Mud on the base to see if I could use it in lieu of sand, but it ended up being too fine for what I wanted. Problem is, I didn't think that it might be considered as a colour, so if I need to prime it first then I'll oath later in the day instead.)

I, ijyt, oath one (1) Games Workshop Skaven Warp Lightning Cannon and crew.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Silly me, almost started to paint before I oathed anything

I, Lord Hypnostache, against my better judgment, oath these 5 Deathmarks and 3 Canoptek Wraiths. Both from GW 28mm.

Now that I'm checking the photo I noticed that some color is showing through from couple of bases. I tried something, didn't work out and primed over it. I hope this is okay, since none of that is going to be visible on the finished models.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.
:siren: I, Buffalo squeeze, oath for January 4 Ork Burnas. GW, 40k, 32 mm:siren:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

JerryLee posted:

I, JerryLee, oath to paint for January:

Two GW Chaos Obliterators and one Wyrd Miniatures Young Nephilim

(As you can see, the Nephilim was already primed gray while the Oblits are still bare metal and plastic--I don't think this is a problem?)
You're alright

Dagon posted:

I, Dagon, oath one chaos space marine (GW), one Yuan Yuan merc (CB/infinity), one FCC Boomer (Mercs), and one land raiderish monstrosity (GW and card)
It takes a lot of effort to read that date (focus/brightness/something?) - just something to note for next time - if it were marginally worse I'd have to ask for another picture.

ijyt posted:

(I put some Stirland Mud on the base to see if I could use it in lieu of sand, but it ended up being too fine for what I wanted. Problem is, I didn't think that it might be considered as a colour, so if I need to prime it first then I'll oath later in the day instead.)

I, ijyt, oath one (1) Games Workshop Skaven Warp Lightning Cannon and crew.

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Silly me, almost started to paint before I oathed anything

I, Lord Hypnostache, against my better judgment, oath these 5 Deathmarks and 3 Canoptek Wraiths. Both from GW 28mm.

Now that I'm checking the photo I noticed that some color is showing through from couple of bases. I tried something, didn't work out and primed over it. I hope this is okay, since none of that is going to be visible on the finished models.
Nah you're OK

Buffalo squeeze posted:

:siren: I, Buffalo squeeze, oath for January 4 Ork Burnas. GW, 40k, 32 mm:siren:

Accepted!

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

krushgroove posted:

Nah you're OK

Accepted!

Awesome, time to redeem myself for last month.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I, Loxbourne, hereby inaugurate 2014 with a most glorious oath!

Hawk Wargames DzC (10mm) UCM

1 Heavy Dropship
6 Gladius heavy tanks
2 Scimitar tank destroyers

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Query about Savin da Whales - last month I oathed a bunch of terrain and a squad of Fire Dragons, currently all of the terrain is in some state of paint from half done to finished, but the Fire Dragons I completely ran out of time on and all they have on them is one coat of white primer. Can I save da whales on the terrain and reoath the Dragons, or do I need to whale the lot?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I oath this Demon VI from Center Stage Miniatures. God help me.

It is 28mm, and by 28mm I mean 2" tall not counting the 3" wings.

edit: There is a piece of metal in the bottom left of the picture. It's cut-away flash and will not be included in the final model, just to be clear.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Loxbourne posted:

I, Loxbourne, hereby inaugurate 2014 with a most glorious oath!

Hawk Wargames DzC (10mm) UCM

1 Heavy Dropship
6 Gladius heavy tanks
2 Scimitar tank destroyers

Achmed Jones posted:

I oath this Demon VI from Center Stage Miniatures. God help me.

It is 28mm, and by 28mm I mean 2" tall not counting the 3" wings.
Accepted!

Achmed Jones posted:

edit: There is a piece of metal in the bottom left of the picture. It's cut-away flash and will not be included in the final model, just to be clear.
If it's in the picture, it must be painted! (j/k) A Challenge! Paint it and include it on your model or base somewhere! No extra points, just for giggles.

NTRabbit posted:

Query about Savin da Whales - last month I oathed a bunch of terrain and a squad of Fire Dragons, currently all of the terrain is in some state of paint from half done to finished, but the Fire Dragons I completely ran out of time on and all they have on them is one coat of white primer. Can I save da whales on the terrain and reoath the Dragons, or do I need to whale the lot?

I'll leave this for Leperflesh

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

...Out of this period a particularly cunning and strong Ork will emerge as the leader and the other Orks will gather round him...
I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint 5 Guardsmen and 1 Genestealer from Games Workshop Warhammer 40k, 1 Deathsleet from Reaper Bones, and 1 3'x3' felt sheet to make a X-Wing play mat.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

A Savin' da Whales entry must consist of 100% of what you oathed in a previous month, but failed to complete. So, if you want to do a Whales entry, you'll have to paint all the terrain and also the fire dragons.

Alternatively, if you don't care about Savin' da Whales, you could instead re-oath those Fire Dragons. Since they're unpainted, they're eligible for a fresh oath. That would let you earn points for painting them.

You can only do one or the other, though, not both. If you do decide to save the whales, keep in mind that doing so is outside of your month's oath, so you'll have to additionally oath at least one model in order to get points for the month and qualify for monthly and quarterly prizes.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Thanks, I'll probably save da whales on the lot, and post as soon as I pick one or two Deadzone spacemans to be the actual January oath.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I Signal oath to paint this Vanessa, from Malifaux/Wyrd

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Mmtheblue posted:

I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint 5 Guardsmen and 1 Genestealer from Games Workshop Warhammer 40k, 1 Deathsleet from Reaper Bones, and 1 3'x3' felt sheet to make a X-Wing play mat.

Signal posted:

I Signal oath to paint this Vanessa, from Malifaux/Wyrd

Accepted!

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.
I, Zhent, oath these 5 models for January:

Lady Justice, the Scales of Justice, and 3 Death Marshalls from Malifaux [Wyrd Miniatures].

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, oath 4 Stormboyz (GW)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Raphus C posted:

I, Raphus C, oath 4 Stormboyz (GW)
Accepted!

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008
I, Rikthor, oath these (6) Cygnar Arcane Gun Mages from Privateer Press for January!

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I, bhsman, oath to complete a Ariadnan Tankhunter, from Corvus-Belli's Infinity range:

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath to paint 6 Mantic Werewolves and 1 Mantic Lich for the month of January!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For January I, Galaspar, pledge the following oafs oath: Three Ogryns by Games Workshop, 28mm scale

As you can probably tell, one of them began life as a WFB ogre. Built him a custom ripper gun:

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jan 4, 2014

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.
For January I, Haydrian, Oath: a three piece Crisis Battlesuit team!

Models are from Games Workshop.

Any tips on magnetizing or making the different weapon/support systems swappable? Also, I had a question about the bonus objective "I rolled a 6!", how many unit markers should I be doing for full credit? I was going to make up some pinned/gone to ground/fleeing markers for infantry units, would a half dozen or so be ok?

Haydrian fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jan 4, 2014

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Haydrian posted:

Any tips on magnetizing or making the different weapon/support systems swappable?

Yup! 3x2mm neodymium magnets are perfect, so using a pin vise and 3mm drill bit (and maybe a smaller one for a guide hole), drill into the "socket" on the arms and jetpack shoulders to make a slot for a magnet. With the weapon systems snip off the tabs and drill the same hole for the magnet.

I found that most of the time it'll be a very snug fit for the magnet, so when dry fitting it might get stuck in there. If it does, just keep teasing it out with a stack of magnets. Glue 'em in with normal, thin super glue.

All I can say, is check, double check and triple check the polarity of the magnets so that they're all correctly positioned across every suit. Nothing worse than finishing magnetising all your weapons, then finding out your suits repel them on one or both sides.

ijyt fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 5, 2014

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:siren:I, SRM, oath one Space Marine captain and a combat squad of 5 Marines for January! All models are Games Workshop:siren:

The bolters are primed separately, because it's too hard to paint them when they're attached.

Conan the Librarian
Mar 1, 2006

I drink zee beer from zee glass but das boring, das boot? ew yeah das more like it keep pouring
I, Conan the Librarian, oath to paint these 6 Eldar Fire Dragons this month. They are 28mm Games Workshop figures.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I, Icon of Sin oath to paint this librarian from Dark Vengeance, the current starter set for Warhammer 40k. He's going to make such a fine inquisitor for my Grey Knights :unsmigghh:

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath a ruler and an island from GW's dreadfleet and a shasvastii seed soldier from Infinity - CB for the month of January.

The seed soldier was previously oathed, I do forsake that accursed oath and any whales that might have been saved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Haydrian posted:

Also, I had a question about the bonus objective "I rolled a 6!", how many unit markers should I be doing for full credit? I was going to make up some pinned/gone to ground/fleeing markers for infantry units, would a half dozen or so be ok?

There's no official minimum. Six will be fine, though. I think we'd probably draw the line at something silly-easy, like I don't know, a single disc painted a single color being submitted as a "marker". But the bar is pretty low for this one.

• Locked thread