Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Big Mad Drongo posted:

So I'm trying to install SkyUI, and it keeps flipping out and telling me I don't have the Skyrim Extender scripts installed, even after I reinstalled the entire extender several times. I ignored it and installed anyway, and it seems to work alright for now, but will this bite me in the rear end later?

Is it telling you it can't detect SKSE ingame? If not you're ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Big Mad Drongo posted:

So I'm trying to install SkyUI, and it keeps flipping out and telling me I don't have the Skyrim Extender scripts installed, even after I reinstalled the entire extender several times. I ignored it and installed anyway, and it seems to work alright for now, but will this bite me in the rear end later?

For real can we get this and the other regular MO questions in the OP

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Is there a more indepth guide on getting ENB to work? I wanted to try it out and I added the changes to the skyrimprefs.ini but launching the game just hangs and nothing happens.

I am using SKSE and MO but even the standard launcher won't come up with the wrapper in the skyrim directory.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Oh I started a small trees mod a long time ago, its not really complete but it does thicken up the forests in various spots. Since the creation kit isn't the easiest thing to use for finding your way around it mostly consists of some more trees in not so obvious locations across the landscape.

It uses the default models so it is only an esp and odds are you won't notice too much but if anyone wanted to keep adding trees or to use it then go hogwild -

https://github.com/sylink/skyrim-moretrees

Petah
Aug 24, 2006

Keeping the American Imperialists at bay since 1948

Kilroy posted:

I made a mod for it if anyone is interested: Power Attacks Require Stamina.

Thanks, this looks awesome. I was probably leaning more towards 10-15 stamina minimum but this might be more balanced...

edit: This works perfectly, I actually find stamina potions useful now!

Petah fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 3, 2014

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
For anybody who hasn't gotten the various Vivid Landscapes mods, the author finally released an all-in-one download for 'em all. I absolutely love the difference they make, one of the most important things outside of SMIM.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Sylink posted:

Is there a more indepth guide on getting ENB to work? I wanted to try it out and I added the changes to the skyrimprefs.ini but launching the game just hangs and nothing happens.

I am using SKSE and MO but even the standard launcher won't come up with the wrapper in the skyrim directory.

Well, two things: First, did you make the modifications to skyrimprefs.ini from MO? MO actually has its own set of .ini files, so if you manually modify the ones in the skyrim directory and then launch from MO, it's not gonna do anything.

Second, you need two things for ENB: tne ENB files and a profile (ie, Project ENB); get the ENB fileshere, unzip the file and copy everything (you can skip the .txt files) to your Skyrim base directory.

Try launching the game now, you should be getting the ENB version data on the top left corner, try doing shift+f12 to enable/disable it, you can check with shift+enter which effects are enabled and which aren't (that's what the profile is for).

Now, get the preset (ie, Project ENB), but download it manually, don't use MO. Take a look inside the .zip file, choose the present you want, like \Fantasy\performance options\Option A (SSAO-SSIL + DOF) and put the enbseries.ini file in the main skyrim directory, overwriting the one you got from the ENB main files, and that should do it.

Try them out a bit and see which you prefer and which one you can actually run, the bloody thing is murder on performance.

Finally, remember to adjust brightness in-game, or your nights are gonna look weird.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Is anyone else having problems updating MO? It won't download past 0% and the game has been CTD-ing since I first tried to update it :confuoot:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Kilroy posted:

I made a mod for it if anyone is interested: Power Attacks Require Stamina.

Going to try this tonight. I like the idea of the tweak. Right now I'm using Ultimate Combat, but I might replace it with this + a timed block mod and see how that goes.

Since you did this mod - do you know if it is possible to make Jumping use stamina?

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
I finally got Skyrim for PC with all the DLC after playing it on xbox when it first came out. So naturally the first thing I did was download a bunch of mods.

I pretty much installed all of the ones in the OP suggested for a first play-through. Everything was going fine until I got to the part where you have to go kill the first dragon at the watchtower.

I killed him twice to make sure the problem was persistent. The problem I am having is after killing the dragon, instead of absorbing it's soul and people gathering around and talking to me about being dragonborn and all that, everyone just cowers around the dragon's corpse. I can't talk to Irileth or any of them, and the dragon never poops his soul out like he is supposed to. I am guessing it has something to do with the "Run for Your Lives" mod since everyone is cowering all over the place, but I don't really know how to figure it out for sure.

Here is my load order from the Mod Organizer:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Gooch181 posted:

I finally got Skyrim for PC with all the DLC after playing it on xbox when it first came out. So naturally the first thing I did was download a bunch of mods.

I pretty much installed all of the ones in the OP suggested for a first play-through. Everything was going fine until I got to the part where you have to go kill the first dragon at the watchtower.

I killed him twice to make sure the problem was persistent. The problem I am having is after killing the dragon, instead of absorbing it's soul and people gathering around and talking to me about being dragonborn and all that, everyone just cowers around the dragon's corpse. I can't talk to Irileth or any of them, and the dragon never poops his soul out like he is supposed to. I am guessing it has something to do with the "Run for Your Lives" mod since everyone is cowering all over the place, but I don't really know how to figure it out for sure.

Here is my load order from the Mod Organizer:

Run BOSS and try it again before anything. There are a million places how to get it running with MO on the internet, I think the OP as well.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Gooch181 posted:

<Can't absorb dragon souls>
Read this.

Edit: Also read the readmefiles and descriptionpages of mods. You will safe yourself a lot of headache.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 3, 2014

Literal Hamster
Mar 11, 2012

YOSPOS
Are there any modders in the thread or guides out there that can tell me how to modify how much damage the vampire feed attack (the action, not the Drain Life spell) does?

I'm using Better Vampires 6.5 and I want to modify the .esp file to make feeding a guaranteed instant kill, but i've never tried modding before and I don't know where to look.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch

Raygereio posted:

Read this.

Edit: Also read the readmefiles and descriptionpages of mods. You will safe yourself a lot of headache.

Swapping the load order for the DLC and unofficial patches fixed it right up, thanks!

I'm also watching the load order/BOSS tutorial in the OP since I ran BOSS and it just popped a tab open in chrome that I didn't really understand. It seems to think everything is good since there are no warnings or errors, but I'd better watch the video to be sure.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm getting back into the wonderful world of downloading and installing mods, got a three questions to ask.

- Is Falskaar as dangerous to install as the OP says or will I be fine so long as BOSS doesn't say it conflicts?

- For monsters whats everyone's preference, automatic variants, skyrim immersive creatures, skyrim monster mod, or all three at once?

- Is there a mod that will let you suplex a dragon yet?

Denarius
Feb 25, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

- For monsters whats everyone's preference, automatic variants, skyrim immersive creatures, skyrim monster mod, or all three at once?

Monster mod seems like it contains a bunch of dumb stuff mixed in with some pretty cool things, I'm currently waiting for this guy who said he was adding MCM so that any creature could be toggled on or off, before I try it. Immersive creatures is in a somewhat similar situation but already has MCM compatibility so you can turn off the bullshit like Dramans and be left with a really fun experience. I'm enjoying immersive creatures a lot in my new playthrough. I don't have any experience with automatic variants. I currently have dwemer spectres by trainwiz, immersive creatures, and OBIS - Organized Bandits In Skyrim, running together and it works well so far.

-edit: While not technically a monster mod, SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators changes the behavior of existing animals and makes things like running into an entire pack of wolves possible. It certainly surprised me.

Denarius fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 3, 2014

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Automatic variants doesn't add new monsters, its a tool that allows the same monster to have multiple appearances in the game. So if you download an AV skin for wolves that makes them have tiger stripes it would let both normal looking wolves and tiger stripe wolves spawn instead of all wolves looking identical. It should be compatible with any other mod as stuff you don't have AV packs for are unmodified.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I use Immersive Creatures with the purist settings and I like it, it's pretty good. Although you will probably want to disable Cliff Racers and skeleton resurrection (or at least lower the chance) in MCM.

I have no idea why anyone would willingly add Cliff Racers to a game.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

ShadowMar posted:

I have no idea why anyone would willingly add Cliff Racers to a game.

Brb making a mod that replaces every monster and npc with cliff racers.

Also apparently a goon is the dev responsible for cliff racers in the first place. You should ask him about the appeal.

Petah
Aug 24, 2006

Keeping the American Imperialists at bay since 1948

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

- Is Falskaar as dangerous to install as the OP says or will I be fine so long as BOSS doesn't say it conflicts?

I just entered Falskaar last night but I didn't make it very far. I cleared the first cave of bandits and I was just about the free the guy from the cage but nothing will happen. Clicking on the cage door or the chain does nothing and the two NPCs just stand there doing nothing. Be sure to have a save game you can revert to incase this happens. Keep your eye on the nexus forums as some other people are having the same problem.

futile
May 18, 2009

LtSmash posted:

Brb making a mod that replaces every monster and npc with cliff racers.
Don't forget to make a dark brotherhood assassin attack my defenseless and absurdly slow level 1 mage when I try to sleep despite having done nothing in my new found province.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
So I've gotten back into Skyrim, got SPERG running and a bunch of other stuff. Saw Bound Armory was compatible with SPERG so I added it in. Whether I use 1.4 with the SPERG rebalance, or the 1.3 standalone for SPERG, I get CTDs on the main menu. Runs just fine without any of the SPERG patches. I'm stumped. Could it be MO messing it up somehow and not letting the patches see SPERG or something? Tried a bunch of different load orders also without luck.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Killsion posted:

So I've gotten back into Skyrim, got SPERG running and a bunch of other stuff. Saw Bound Armory was compatible with SPERG so I added it in. Whether I use 1.4 with the SPERG rebalance, or the 1.3 standalone for SPERG, I get CTDs on the main menu. Runs just fine without any of the SPERG patches. I'm stumped. Could it be MO messing it up somehow and not letting the patches see SPERG or something? Tried a bunch of different load orders also without luck.

Load up Wrye Bash, check for any plugin files marked in red. You're more than likely missing a master file somewhere.

E: Added an FAQ section to the second post. If you know of other questions people ask way too often, let me know.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 4, 2014

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Scyantific posted:

Load up Wrye Bash, check for any plugin files marked in red. You're more than likely missing a master file somewhere.

E: Added an FAQ section to the second post. If you know of other questions people ask way too often, let me know.

I tried Wrye, but it wasn't seeing the mods from MO. Running it directly from MO fixed it thankfully so may be worth mentioning for people new to MO.

Figured it out, somehow the SPERG DG and DB patches weren't installing. I'd select them in the installer but they'd never actually appear. Had to drag them into the main folder to get them in the mod list.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Gooch181 posted:

Swapping the load order for the DLC and unofficial patches fixed it right up, thanks!

I'm also watching the load order/BOSS tutorial in the OP since I ran BOSS and it just popped a tab open in chrome that I didn't really understand. It seems to think everything is good since there are no warnings or errors, but I'd better watch the video to be sure.
You're still doing it wrong though. Each patch ESP needs to go after the file it patches:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Hearthfires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp

You really need to at least read the drat installation instructions the mod gives you before asking for help. This poo poo is right there - you don't even need to scroll down.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Gyshall posted:

Going to try this tonight. I like the idea of the tweak. Right now I'm using Ultimate Combat, but I might replace it with this + a timed block mod and see how that goes.

Since you did this mod - do you know if it is possible to make Jumping use stamina?
Maybe, but not by doing what I did for this mod, which was to attach some conditions to the animation events. I don't know how to change/add attribute consumption for various actions. It might be in the executable itself.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch

Kilroy posted:

You're still doing it wrong though. Each patch ESP needs to go after the file it patches:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Hearthfires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp

You really need to at least read the drat installation instructions the mod gives you before asking for help. This poo poo is right there - you don't even need to scroll down.

That's exactly how my load order looks thanks to the link that Raygerio posted. He also suggested reading the readme files already, albeit in a much nicer manner. I even mentioned in my last post that I was watching the tutorial videos so I could learn how to deal better with mods. If my asking for help pissed you off, you could always just ignore it if you don't have anything constructive to add.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Gooch181 posted:

That's exactly how my load order looks thanks to the link that Raygerio posted. He also suggested reading the readme files already, albeit in a much nicer manner. I even mentioned in my last post that I was watching the tutorial videos so I could learn how to deal better with mods. If my asking for help pissed you off, you could always just ignore it if you don't have anything constructive to add.
You said you just switched up the load order, which going by your previous post didn't appear to be enough. But sure, in the future, I will refrain from helping you out. Cheers.

Mage Ham
Apr 28, 2010

Gooch181 posted:

When BOSS is done re-ordering your mods, it opens a browser tab that contains a summary of the results. Clicking on 'summary' will give you some basic information, namely if there were any unrecognized plugins or warnings.
I've never gotten a warning, so I'm not sure what would provoke one (mods with excessive dirty edits, perhaps?) but unrecognized plugins are those that aren't in the BOSS 'master list', so it doesn't know where to put them. If you have any unrecognized plugins, be sure to have a look at their description page for any special instructions, since BOSS will have left them alone.

If you dig a little further, you can actually get a detailed run-down of a lot of technical information about what BOSS thinks needs cleaning, etc., etc., but it's generally not vital (although it could be helpful if you run into trouble).

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

All three at once, along with ASIS increasing spawn rates. :getin:

Alongside the awesome Personalized Music, so I'm frying cliff racers and tricerotops to the soothing strains of Rammstein and Pantera.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Petah posted:

I just entered Falskaar last night but I didn't make it very far. I cleared the first cave of bandits and I was just about the free the guy from the cage but nothing will happen. Clicking on the cage door or the chain does nothing and the two NPCs just stand there doing nothing. Be sure to have a save game you can revert to incase this happens. Keep your eye on the nexus forums as some other people are having the same problem.

Alternatively: Bring Serana. Unless something's changed since I last played, she'll run right up to that chain and pull it over and over until you leave.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...
30 hours into my first playthrough I'm loving the exploration, massive world, and constant stuff to do but was on the verge of quitting thanks to a never-ending slow time bug, perk trees so unbalanced I felt forced into enchanting/smithing and some skills that feel more grindy than an MMO (a feat in itself!) and what do you know, SPERG fixes that poo poo right up and makes the good stuff even more fun to boot. Amazing.

hampig fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jan 4, 2014

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

Petah posted:

I had similar problems and found this in the mod description:

quote:

IMPORTANT: Do NOT use the console during this to set stages, open doors or disabled objects! Falskaar has been rigorously tested and nothing should be broken, so by doing this you void any hope for support, and will most likely break stuff.

:rolleyes:

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

That's especially funny because I remember seeing a comment from him on the last video of Gopher's Falskaar videos where he said he's never actually played through the entire mod from start to finish.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Was looking at Realistic Needs and Diseases and got a question for those that have it,
the *gluttony* part where you move 30% slower if you have one too many apples kind of puts me off it, is there a way to disable that?

Quift
May 11, 2012
Does anyone have a mod that chaanges the dovakhin to a leftie? I'm left handed myself and it feels much more natural to strike with the left hand, with the shild or ward in the right.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I've never tried it, but can't you just bind the shield to your right hand and sword to your left? The game seems pretty accommodating when it comes to which hands are used for what.

Though, I guess with shooting an arrow you'd still be firing as a right-hander.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch

King Vidiot posted:

I've never tried it, but can't you just bind the shield to your right hand and sword to your left? The game seems pretty accommodating when it comes to which hands are used for what.

Though, I guess with shooting an arrow you'd still be firing as a right-hander.

I thought the same thing but didn't want to post without trying. It seems to force the shield to be in your left hand, even if you equip a weapon in it first.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I think you always have something in your right hand, even if it's a fist weapon. I don't think you can block or get kill cams with a weapon only in your left hand, and I can't remember how running power attacks work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quift
May 11, 2012
I play as a mage now, and it always buts the ward in my left hand regardless of choice.

Does anyonne have any experiecen of the SKSE script cleaner?

I created a textfile (SKSE.ini) in the correct location and added the line ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

And now my game plays at a crawl. I left it running for 18h and it still lags to an unplayable level. So, should I let it run for another 24 h or disable the future? I want to remove a few mods and clean up my save a bit due to an increase in CTD's.

Edit:

Found this guide on the nexus forum.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1096727-save-game-cleaning-tutorial/

Which answered most of my questions.

Edit 2.

In fact, is there any way to turn off the process? It appeard that this method may have actually broken my game? It lags horribly, (it was fine before, except from a few ctd:s. It was never laggy). Neither deleting the .ini file or settting the value to =0 works. I do not think this is the problem anymore since my save file is down to 9 mb on a level 55 character.

Quift fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 4, 2014

• Locked thread