Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rob Ford
Aug 12, 2013

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSYGfiz91lY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Dr. Faustus posted:

Get this:
I'll stop posting about me when you all do.

"hey guys, please don't eat the brownies i've baked. they taste really great, and i put nuts and honey in them. they are some of the greatest brownies in the world and you should totally try one. hey, WHAT THE gently caress? i told you not to eat my delicious amazing brownies! what are you, stupid?"

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I know, it's really weird, isn't it? Go count how many times my Seafoam Green JEM was quoted after Captain Capslock posted it on page one, or page two, or how Ulgar posted my collection pic on page two.

Funny how you'd feel singled out under circumstances like those, but hey they handed me the keys to the thread.

Ootrek posted:

"hey guys, please don't eat the brownies i've baked. they taste really great, and i put nuts and honey in them. they are some of the greatest brownies in the world and you should totally try one. hey, WHAT THE gently caress? i told you not to eat my delicious amazing brownies! what are you, stupid?"

I didn't post this abominable thread.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

shut up shut up shut up oh my god just shut up

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Fonzarelli posted:

shut up shut up shut up oh my god just shut up

Yeah!

Everybody should be able to love their guitars, and not be hosed with. Imagine a world...

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Harry in Rio, this one's just for you:

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Faustus posted:

I know, it's really weird, isn't it? Go count how many times my Seafoam Green JEM was quoted after Captain Capslock posted it on page one, or page two, or how Ulgar posted my collection pic on page two.

Funny how you'd feel singled out under circumstances like those, but hey they handed me the keys to the thread.
if you spent as much time learning music appreciation and theory every day as you have bitching in this thread you might be a decent musician

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Dr. Faustus posted:

I didn't post this abominable thread.

:downs:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

DIE FOR YOUR CAUSE, THROW YOURSELF UPON YOUR SWORD

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Fax Sr posted:

sup thread

Haha wow, they should have made all of those knobs gears so that when you turn one they all turn.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

stratdax posted:

Harry in Rio, this one's just for you:

well when they sell that as having an eq, at least its not a bunch of knobs, right?

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Harry in Rio posted:

well when they sell that as having an eq, at least its not a bunch of knobs, right?

Sorry that's my bad, here you go:

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
^Gah, beat me to it.

Also, guitarfail.com seems to be pretty on the money for this thread.

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

stratdax posted:

the knobs control how bright the LEDs are and are otherwise useless

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

stratdax posted:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Dolphin posted:

if you spent as much time learning music appreciation and theory every day as you have bitching in this thread you might be a decent musician
I took music "preesh" back in 1988. I learned everything from African Poly rhythms to Musique Concrete and I am just a product of the guitarists who were doing huge things when I was 16. Maybe I'll never be a decent musician, but I like a lot of the songs I've played on, and I have loved a lot of the gigs I've played, and I will be God Damned before I let you or anyone else judge me in an Ugly Guitar thread.

Keep on truckin' haters.

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

Dr. Faustus posted:

I like a lot of the songs I've played on, and I have loved a lot of the gigs I've played, and I will be God Damned before I let you or anyone else judge me in an Ugly Guitar thread.

Keep on truckin' haters.

:mitt:

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Faustus posted:

I took music "preesh" back in 1988. I learned everything from African Poly rhythms to Musique Concrete and I am just a product of the guitarists who were doing huge things when I was 16. Maybe I'll never be a decent musician, but I like a lot of the songs I've played on, and I have loved a lot of the gigs I've played, and I will be God Damned before I let you or anyone else judge me in an Ugly Guitar thread.

Keep on truckin' haters.
everything from african poly rhythms to musique concrete eh. fancy that lizzy.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
That is one awesome guitar right there.

Dolphin posted:

everything from african poly rhythms to musique concrete eh. fancy that lizzy.

There's a lot of other stuff in between there, Dolphin.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Harry in Rio posted:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Perhaps you would also like this one? Because I sure do:

Rob Ford
Aug 12, 2013

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjDQ96nrIOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

stratdax posted:

holy poo poo all of those knobs

thank you

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

stratdax posted:

there is no god

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
Wow! Here's a video of a man who couldn't wait to give a HIDEOUS guitar to Yngwie Malmsteen. The video includes the guy giving it to him apparently suffering the beginnings of a heart attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0NR7PzyKcQ

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Captain Tolerable posted:

holy poo poo all of those knobs

thank you

Harry in Rio posted:

there is no god

You're welcome, Captain Tolerable.
Harry in Rio, this one isn't quite as impressive, but what it lacks in knobs in makes up for in strings (of which it has 10).

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

stratdax posted:

You're welcome, Captain Tolerable.
Harry in Rio, this one isn't quite as impressive, but what it lacks in knobs in makes up for in strings (of which it has 10).

hahahaha hooly poo poo. This might be my favorite one all thread.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Brown Blitzkrieg posted:

Yo, I hate these songs because the mixing is loving awful and there's nothing clever about them.

I showed it to a professional jazz musician the first song and she said "It's the most boring song you've ever showed me"

ok i just finally gave this a listen and this dude here is right, the mixing sucks, the drum programming sucks, and holy poo poo don't put that much chorus on your bad synth patches

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

Salt Fish posted:

hahahaha hooly poo poo. This might be my favorite one all thread.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

drat well I'm not sure how I can top that.

Oh well

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

ic ame

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

nothing of value was lost here

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
edit: nevermind, i don't like being an internet bully

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

killhamster posted:

ok i just finally gave this a listen and this dude here is right, the mixing sucks, the drum programming sucks, and holy poo poo don't put that much chorus on your bad synth patches
Wait, what song do you think you are talking about? Because the "boring" one is all three-piece drums/bass/guitar with no chorus at all.

I admit the mix is bad, but I had no monitors then. The song is still what it was meant to be: heavy, low, slow, and simple.

Are you judging some other track that doesn't have drum programming?

Help me out, ok?

quote:

weird. how come your music sounds like you don't know anything about music then?
How am I supposed to answer that? There is no accounting for taste. Not everything you've heard is "my" music, but I tend to turn the beat around and I like to make modulations that really catch the ear.
Music is one of the most subjective artforms in existence. Why do you have to fight about it?

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jan 4, 2014

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Larry Horseplay posted:

Ha, I'm almost as old as Faustus and we made fun of that poo poo music back then because it was poo poo. Why is anybody playing it like 20 years later it was loving horrible.

• Locked thread