Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
do you ever sometimes gently caress the carrying handle or at least think about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Fax Sr posted:

do you ever sometimes gently caress the carrying handle or at least think about it

The "monkey grip" is a gimmick and nothing more.

When Vai was on stage he used to sling the guitar around his neck and stuff like that. It was part of the performance like the fan that blows his hair back is now.
Me, I never hold the guitar by the monkey grip. I used to tell people who gave me poo poo about it that I hung my cock through it. But I had a JEM and they didn't, so who's to compare?

No, I handle those JEM instruments the same way I carry all my guitars. As far as I am concerned the monkey grip isn't there; because I never touch it, except when polishing the instrument.

I think a lot of Vai-haters don't get that he was most famous during a time when on-stage antics meant more than playing. That trend I think has reversed, but Ibanez (especially Ibanez in Japan) has become a VERY respected brand since 1988.

But to answer your question honestly, I sometimes tell some idiots that I gently caress the monkey grip.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Dr. Faustus posted:

I never touch it, except when polishing the instrument.

You post like a jack-off, you play guitar like a jack-off, and your sole redeeming quality is the adorable look of confusion you get when no one in the room want to high five you when you cum.

Congratulations?

Oops. To contribute,

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Frankenstyle posted:

You post like a jack-off, you play guitar like a jack-off, and your sole redeeming quality is the adorable look of confusion you get when no one in the room want to high five you when you cum.

Congratulations?

Oops. To contribute,

Ow, that really hurt, Frankenstyle.

P.S. - That guitar is beautiful.

Oops, to contribute, why don't you contribute?

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jan 4, 2014

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
Whooooo Hooooo!

High Five!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Frankenstyle posted:

Whooooo Hooooo!

High Five!

You play guitar like a what now?

Frankenstyle posted:

No, it's my job to poo poo on people who do a thing I can't begin to do! It's my JOB, don't you GET IT? gently caress them! I will smite them!

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jan 4, 2014

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Dr. Faustus posted:

You play guitar like a what now?

I'm listening to my first album as I type this. I only played guitar on one track on this one, because it was easier to drink during shows if I was just singing. I could post it with a few clicks, but I won't. I won't because you want me to.

How hard are you right now?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Frankenstyle posted:

I'm listening to my first album as I type this. I only played guitar on one track on this one, because it was easier to drink during shows if I was just singing. I could post it with a few clicks, but I won't. I won't because you want me to.

How hard are you right now?
Aww.. I'm flaccid.
Do you have a second or third or nth album to teach me a lesson about playing the guitar? Because I would learn from that.

What kind of narcissist are you, listening to yourself as you post?

Jesus, you loving monster.

I like how you played guitar because you were drunk. You must be a real scary gunslinger if your best work, which you won't share, is when you were wasted.

Goddamn, Frankenstyle, I owe you a huge apology. Or I don't.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jan 4, 2014

Programmer Humor
Nov 27, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
all guitars are beautiful

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
Even ones that perspective trick you into looking like a six-gun shootn' dwarf?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
i find multiscale guitars to be pretty fcuking ugly, particularly on a guitar that costs 2k or more

http://www.mayones.com/en/katalog/regius/mayones_regius_7_VF_multiscale_baritone_EN

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
multiscales are one of those things where you're guaranteed the person using it won't be making any music worth hearing

e: i'm sure i bitched about it before but why do all these super-expensive new custom shop builders always use really doofy headstocks

both of those cost at least a couple thousand dollars and they look like some cheap offbrand chinese bullshit. actually that blue one is like 7 grand

at least ran gets it right and goes whole hog

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jan 4, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
O hey, you're almost all full of poo poo and you can't play. HTH.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

I don't play keys. He had a pair of keyboards and a MOOG pedal. One was a Roland SY-22 I think, and the other was a gently caress if I know, a DY-something. He now has like two MIDI controllers and a variety of keyboards on cards that he uses in his cover bands now. I know very little about it.
But I love the way my Ibanez 770DX sounds through my stereo Peavey 50-watt combos on that tune, and I think his bass sounds awesome, and the drummer's kit sounds pretty good.

...you, complaining about the chorus on the intro hurts me so much. Really.

No, actually, go gently caress yourelf. It was a great showcase tune for 1995.

Oh, that's this ugly one:

Oh look generic 80's-90's Ibanez superstrat #9823690

Gotta love the matched fret markers and selector switch

Also I've mentioned this before but wipe the Cheeto dust off your hands before you play and clean your fretboard you disgusting piece of poo poo, it looks like you could scrape that poo poo off with a fingernail

No wait tell us more about polishing the dickhole in your gross green guitar

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

After the Burial are p. good but one of their guitarists reeeeaally loves Lacoste for some reason

Also I love ESPs but their custom shop makes some fugly stuff

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

The poo snake guitar is currently winning this thread because we know that someone thought that looked really good

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat
In a few weeks I shall have a have a bit more free time due to finishing off some commissions. Should I build an intentionally disgusting guitar?

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

White Dog Eggs posted:

A thought occurs to me, in a few weeks I shall have a have a bit more free time due to finishing off some commissions. Should I build an intentionally disgusting guitar?

recreate surfguitar with poosnake and dick holes

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

If I could get my hands on a surfboard for free I would totally do this. Carving is too much effort for no pay-off though so I'd probably just glue one of these on it;

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

Seafoam green if u pls

e: or just take the crappiest Ibanez you can find and see how many jem-style holes you can make in the body before the whole thing just collapses

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

If there is one thing I associate with butts, it's wine glasses.

Edit: Should have made an electro-acoustic and put the jackk socked in the rear end. This guitar is a wasted opportunity and that saddens me :(

Barnaby Rudge fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jan 4, 2014

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:
if 'small is beautiful' then

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face
I ruined all of them

Ever Forthright Guitarist -

Astrobastard fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jan 4, 2014

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
8 string lmbo fuckin nerd

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

quote:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

remember 2010? it's back...in guitar form!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

White Dog Eggs posted:

In a few weeks I shall have a have a bit more free time due to finishing off some commissions. Should I build an intentionally disgusting guitar?

Make one with a glory hole so you can get an anonymous bj while you shred.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

Snowy posted:

Make one with a glory hole so you can get an anonymous bj while you shred.

So far we've got a seafoam green surfboard guitar with a snake, monkey-grip/dickhole AND and a glory hole. Anything else?

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

White Dog Eggs posted:

So far we've got a seafoam green surfboard guitar with a snake, monkey-grip/dickhole AND and a glory hole. Anything else?

Make one incorporating the Doge meme, because a) it will be stupid and annoying, and b) because some nerd will still pay an excessive amount of cash for it

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

White Dog Eggs posted:

six humbuckers, gold everything, all the knobs and switches in your shop, a pickguard strategically placed to guard absolutely nothing, and ideally it should be 15+ strings

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

have one of the guitar's fin things get really pointy and spiky in a bunch of directions, just like a random chunk of a metal guitar

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

White Dog Eggs posted:

8 strings

fanned frets

make the 12th fret inlay a bitcoin qr code and/or have the first few frets say RON PAUL in old english script

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

comes along bort posted:

8 strings

fanned frets

make the 12th fret inlay a bitcoin qr code

yessssssssssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx