Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

neogeo0823 posted:

Ah, thanks, this is good info. I didn't know that emulated dolby was a thing, much less that it was a feature of my computer, and not the headphones. I recently upgraded my motherboard to an MS-7817(specifically B85M-P33) Does anyone know if that board has the same functionality? My googling doesn't seem to be turning up anything of worth on the subject.

It's mostly a feature of sound cards and some quick googling makes me think that your motherboard is one of the 99% that does not have it integrated. But it's cheap enough that it's worth adding on via a sound card if you enjoy that form of directional audio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Puddin posted:

Oh hey I can help on that!

I just bought a pair of these, for $100 they would be a good buy.

I listen to techno and they sound great for what they are. I'm sure there are better ones out there but I happy with them.

They are pretty balanced, bass response is strong but doesn't drown out any other frequencies or anything like that.

Sound isolation is pretty good, though I have small ears so they basically seal around my whole ear.

Comes with two cables, one with an inline mic and one pure cable, you can plug in the cable to either end, and if the need be, plug a second pair of headphones in to share your input with someone else. (Up to 5 in the chain I believe). Also has a really nice pouch that is quite thick for protection in bags and stuff.

The only thing I would say is that if you have a big head they could get uncomfortable on extended use due to the small amount of padding on the top.

Really? :stare: Well now I'm torn again. Can you pause/stop/start music and the like from Apple/Android devices via the cord?

In any even, I suppose I'll expand on this, or repost it rather, just for a backup. What's the general consensus/recommendation on Wireless/Bluetooth headphones? I've been using cheap Plantronics BackBeat 903 for about 2 years now, and have really enjoyed them. Being able to walk around the office without being tethered to something is great, as is being able to clean/cook/whatever around the house at home. I listen to talk radio/podcasts pretty much exclusively, so these have worked out fine. Unfortunately the casing on one side is starting to crack, so I know their time is almost up. What's the goto Bluetooth headphones? I don't need mic capabilities, and I know the Sennheiser-RS120-Wireless-Headphones have been recommended once, but I'm not sure if they do Blutooth or not, and would be interested in hearing other people's opinions/recommendations as well :)

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 4, 2014

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

I have a pretty fucking good palate, passed BJCP and level 2 cicerone which is more than half of you dudes can say, so I don't give a hoot anymore about this toxic community.
I never heard the Monster DNA, I have the DNA Pro. Outside of the atrocious fit, they sound great. Shame the fit is awful and the aesthetics are childish. If the DNA fit well and sound as good as the DNA Pro then they will definitely be worth $100.

Edit: the DNA Pro fit is so poor that almost everyone in the review group is having the exact same fot issue. I can't get aperfect seal either so I am definitely losing some bass response. I definitely won't recommend the DNA Pro for $279 retail though. $150 maybe but the fit is that aweful to the point I couldn't recommend them.

Dunno about the DNA though.

Midorka fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jan 4, 2014

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

eightysixed posted:

Really? :stare: Well now I'm torn again. Can you pause/stop/start music and the like from Apple/Android devices via the cord.

They're apple control certified, I actually haven't tested them on my android phone yet, mainly been using them on my PS4.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
My brother got a pair of the regular DNAs. They fit pretty comfortably for the short time I tried them and they sounded good to me. I wouldn't pay $200 for them, but $100 wouldn't be insulting.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

eightysixed posted:

Umm- this thread isn't that long yet. :colbert: I was referencing my question that was asked only a couple pages back

Give these a look, http://www.amazon.com/JayBird-BlueBuds-Sport-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B00AIRUOI8/

Sorry but I'm too lazy to re-read your first post, so I can't recall if you wanted IEMs or not.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Budget - I would like two options: one that is 500 and under, and one above 500.
Source - Most of the time, it will plug directly into my receiver at home. I typically listen to vinyl pushed through a phono preamp and then into the receiver. I also play console games and occasionally watch Blu-Rays and television through it. Potential, occasional travel, but I will probably keep my Bose QC15s for that purpose.
Isolation Requirements - Edit: none, I live by myself
Preferred Type of Headphone - Over ear. I want my mind blown.
Preferred Tonal Balance - I listen to everything, so something that would sound good all the time.
Past Headphones - Bose QC15 (I like them for traveling but my understanding is that they don't really sound that great and I want my mind blown); Bose in-ear (great for exercising and travel).
Preferred Music - I listen to everything, mostly through vinyl, occasionally through 320KPS Spotify streaming.

beergod fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jan 4, 2014

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

I have a pretty fucking good palate, passed BJCP and level 2 cicerone which is more than half of you dudes can say, so I don't give a hoot anymore about this toxic community.
$500 opens up a lot of options. My favorite are the Audio Technica Ad2000. They are very lively headphones, you'll forget that you're wearing headphones and just fall into the music. They are very easy to drive, I've enjoyed them from my iPod and my desktop set-up. They are very comfortable as well. You can get them for $400 used if you don't mind used.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Tactical Lesbian posted:

Give these a look, http://www.amazon.com/JayBird-BlueBuds-Sport-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B00AIRUOI8/

Sorry but I'm too lazy to re-read your first post, so I can't recall if you wanted IEMs or not.

No worries :) I'd definitely prefer over-the-ear, but I'm not married to it. You had originally suggested these, right? - http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-RS120-Wireless-Headphones-Charging/dp/B0001FTVEK/

I have a real nice Onkyo receiver, but I use my headphones most at the office, where I'm streaming Bluetooth audio podcasts and talk radio from either an iPad or a full blown Bluetooth adapter. Those Sennheiser's won't pair over Bluetooth, will they - but they look so sweet :ohdear:

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I really think your limit will be your cartridge, followed by a DAC for non-vinyl listening. I'd invest in even a basic $100 DAC for anything that isn't your vinyl. For headphones, it's really a matter of your sound preference. Sennheiser is known for a sound stage that I'd assume would be great for vinyl listening and your budget puts you at the HD650, which is a solid headphone. ATH-AD2000X's have a great sound stage as well, but are a flatter frequency response. The 650's are around $350 and the 2000X's can be had for ~$500 on eBay. From there, HD700's are apparently really good but are in the 500-and-above price point.

But all of this considered, I would honestly invest in a good vinyl needle/cartridge for your record player. The sound quality difference will be substantial for not much more money, and you've said it's your main source for listening so I'd start there and then work on headphones, followed by proper amplification.

Now, an ideal setup would be to buy a good amplifier with a preamp for phono and a pair of headphones, as receivers typically have a very weak headphone output and are put in as afterthoughts.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
This is my cartridge.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009MK3A/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can you elaborate on your ideal setup? Do you mean connecting the headphones directly to the table?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Xovaan posted:

Now, an ideal setup would be to buy a good amplifier with a preamp for phono and a pair of headphones, as receivers typically have a very weak headphone output and are put in as afterthoughts.

Honestly, he can probably get 99% of the way there by running a decent headphone amp (like a $100 Schiit Magni) from the Tape Out on his receiver, assuming it isn't noisy or anything. He could also get a Modi as a DAC and have a nifty mini stack going next to/on top of the receiver. Or get a $35 FiiO Taishan DAC if only having optical/CoAx isn't an issue.

Also, if the cartridge is something like an AT95e or better then I wouldn't really be in a tremendous rush to replace it. IMO the realm of diminishing returns with carts starts to ramp up once you start going $70+ (I know that opinion might be borderline heresy to a lot of other vinyl dudes).

Edit: Beaten with this:

beergod posted:

This is my cartridge.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009MK3A/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can you elaborate on your ideal setup? Do you mean connecting the headphones directly to the table?

Yeah...your cart's fine. You don't need to replace that. And I think Xovaan means running the table to a dedicated headphone amp with pre-outs.

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 4, 2014

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Assume I go with his setup or yours: which headphone would you guys recommend or is the Bose good enough?

EB: your suggestion is like bloop bleep speak to me. Can you translate it?

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Yeah that's a good cartridge. Basically you want a phono preamp with specs for your turntable and some form of dedicated amplification for your headphones if you really want to get the most out of a setup of that nature. Your budget is good enough that you're in really quality amp category if you decide to go that route, but unfortunately I can't comment any further since I'm pretty green to vinyl.

I would stop over to Headphonia and check out their reviews in your budget range as well: http://www.headfonia.com/buyers-guide/ All headphones are different. If you're going for a specific style, I think they do a good job of describing without having to put on a pair yourself.

edit: for layman: preamplifier: http://www.head-fi.org/t/553588/do-turntables-require-preamps

Then you attach that to an amplifier, which ensures proper power goes to your headphones so you don't lose certain frequencies otherwise lost with power issues.

If you want your mind blown, it's an entire source change down the line to the turntable/ipod/etc. I've heard great things about the HD700 (500+ range) http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-700-Headphone-Black/dp/B0070U8KSM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1388817157&sr=1-1&keywords=hd700 and with that cartridge, a proper phono preamp, and an amplifier rated for the HD700 you'll definitely be in for a treat. Of course, good hi-fi can get expensive but having recently built a Beta22 to experience that level of music, I can say the rewards are tangible and worth it.

But this is one of many options which is why it's difficult and scary and why I haven't upgraded my ATH-AD900's yet. :ohdear:

Knot My President! fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 4, 2014

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
I realize we're getting off topic here, so if the mods want me to stop derailing the thread I will.

In the interim: this is the preamp I'm running from my turntable to my receiver: http://www.guitarcenter.com/BBE-FJB-200X-Phono-Preamp-103540886-i1155721.gc

You're suggesting I 1) upgrade the preamp 2) continue to run the turntable to my receiver 3) run a headphone amplifier to my receivers headphone output jack and 4) plug new headphones into the headphone amplifier

Does that all sound about right?

Oh poo poo I didn't even realize the phono preamp had a plug for my headphones. So you mean plug the headphone amplifier into the phono preamp directly?

beergod fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jan 4, 2014

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

beergod posted:

Does that all sound about right?

No. His suggestion entails that you bypass the receiver altogether and run the turntable through a phono preamp and into a dedicated headphone amp for exclusively headphone-based listening.

It's not specifically a bad idea, per se- but it does mean that you'd have to unplug and reconnect all of that poo poo if you ever wanted to play your LPs through your stereo or get a separate turntable/preamp just for that (so in my book that makes it a bad idea).

If you want to keep your current equipment, then you can easily run a headphone amp from the Tape Out on your receiver, which would bypass the receiver's amplifier stage and basically achieve the same function without requiring you to do any unplugging (you might have to turn the speakers off tho, but that shouldn't be a big annoyance).

As for your preamp, I don't know if it's particularly good or bad. If it isn't noisy then it's probably fine.

All that said, a potential third option (particularly if you're already the sort of person who can and would swing several hundo on stuff like headphones and cartridges and whatnot) is to go whole-hog and build a separate dedicated stereo setup just for vinyl and digital music (like from a computer DAC or AirPort Express) around a vintage ('70s era) receiver and keep the 5.1 setup just for TV stuff. Lots of those old receivers have headphone outs that are just run straight off of the same circuit as the speaker outs and can provide tons of power without the need for a separate headphone amp. Most tend to have really good built in phono preamps. They're also gorgeous and awesome and relatively cheap for the sound quality and generally just a great way to take your vinyl hobby to the next level without drinking too much audiophool KoolAid. All of the cool kids are doing it :getin: .

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Holy gently caress I have to do that.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

head-fi posted:

If you main goal is to use it with headphones, I would recommend a proper headphone amplifier/DAC.
Most receivers have very high impedance headphone outputs, which are especially bad with low impedance headphones, but just bad for headphones in general.

Ideally the headphone output should be 1/8th the impedance of your headphones or less for proper damping:
http://www.benchmarkmedia.com/discuss/feedback/newsletter/2011/12/2/0-ohm-headphone-amplifier-sonic-advantages-low-impedance-headphone-amp

Even 600 ohm headphones should be connected to something less than 75 ohms, and most receivers seem to be around 100-120 ohms, if they even specify what the output impedance of their headphone jack is in the manual.

Also, the other main issue with vintage electronics is the capacitors go out pretty regularly, requiring $300-$500 at a shop if you cannot replace the components yourself (since you want a complete rebuild). Also, the quality of integrated amplifiers in these devices varies pretty wildly and documentation of circuitry is hard to come by, although it does exist... somewhere. Maybe. Vintage electronics are awesome but do require a lot of TLC (and DeOxit) and they're fairly heterogeneous/hit-or-miss.

I have a Nakamichi TA-2A I've used for my headphones (and my A/D/S speakers, which are awesome and I got for $40, but that's for another thread) and while it has gobs of power and works, it just doesn't sound right due to the aforementioned damping issues, among other things (capacitor plague being one of them).

If you're handy, DIY amplifier kits are fun and really rewarding but you'll burn a hole in your wallet from tools and casework if you're a huge sperglord like me. :spergin:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Xovaan posted:

It's mostly a feature of sound cards and some quick googling makes me think that your motherboard is one of the 99% that does not have it integrated. But it's cheap enough that it's worth adding on via a sound card if you enjoy that form of directional audio.

After some more googling and looking around, I think the emulated surround sound thing was done using the Realtek HD audio drivers that come standard on the board. My old motherboard was an MSI K9A2(ms-7376), and that didn't have a separate audio card either, but it did have the same set of drivers. I guess we'll find out once my order arrives sometime next week.

As for the order, I bought the Koss KSC75 and a Mini Clip-on Mic to go with it. With shipping, the total was 27.33, which is just about what I was hoping to spend on this. I'll make a post about how everything ends up working out once my order arrives.

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

Midorka posted:

$500 opens up a lot of options. My favorite are the Audio Technica Ad2000. They are very lively headphones, you'll forget that you're wearing headphones and just fall into the music. They are very easy to drive, I've enjoyed them from my iPod and my desktop set-up. They are very comfortable as well. You can get them for $400 used if you don't mind used.

Throwing that option back out there.

As for the HD700, I've never seen a headphone get such mixed reviews. I've heard some praise it (only during the price drop mind you), while some say buy the HD600 then save for the HD800.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

I don't think you could go wrong with any of those phones if you're willing to shell out the cash.
As far as older electronics documentation goes, it's been my experience that the more common higher end names like Pioneer, Marantz and Sansui have a much larger chance of being found. My uncle still has his old Pioneer SX-1000 from 'Nam complete with the box, documentation and 4ft fold out schematic and parts layout. A lot of manufacturers didn't put stuff like that in the box. Audiokarma has a huge database that's a great resource for schematics and manuals.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
What is consensus on these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AFUE7S6?tag=thewire06-20&linkCode=as2&creative=374929&camp=211189

My headphones plug directly into my phono preamp but there's no way to adjust the volume. What would I need to hook up to adjust the volume? It looks like headphone amps plug into the av cables (not the headphone jack) so that isn't an option.

beergod fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jan 4, 2014

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
What preamp is this?

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
http://www.guitarcenter.com/BBE-FJB-200X-Phono-Preamp-103540886-i1155721.gc

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

That's not a headphone output. It kind of works because your headphones are fairly low-impedance, but it's not meant to.

Use the RCA jacks into a headphone amp or receiver.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
So if I just want to listen to vinyl through headphones but also need a phono preamp, would a hybrid solution like this work for me?

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Dot-MKII-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B00A2QMAI2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388876644&sr=8-1&keywords=Little+dot

How would I ground the turntable?

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
You're going to have a hard time finding a standalone headphone amp that provides the RIAA equalization necessary to make records sound right.

Phono preamps like the one you have, and phono inputs on receivers have this EQ applied internally. You could still use the preamp you have in conjunction with a headphone amp.

eddiewalker fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jan 5, 2014

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Ok, what about this?

http://www.amazon.com/Bellari-VP130...nd+phono+preamp

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

I have no experience with that unit, but it seems to have the features you'd need to go from a turntable to headphones (though it's very expensive for what it is.)

However, you've already got a phono preamp. Why not get a more standard headphone amp that you can also use with other non-vinyl sources too?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I'm looking for headphones. I am learning guitar and for the sanity of the rest of my house I got a Vox AC30 amplug and now I want headphones to accompany them. I don't know much about the value of headphones against the audio source, but I am interested in some decent quality monitor headphones in case I get back into computer music production anyway (imma scrub in all aspects of the past 2 sentences).

So far I've been recommended Sennheiser HD 205-II and Sennheiser HD-280 PRO. I'd like monitors with as little flavoring of the tone as possible, but my budget starts at around 60 bucks. I could be convinced to spend a little more if there's a significant difference, but I'd say 100 bucks is a hard limit.

I want something very comfortable, durable, and preferably circumaural because I just prefer that feel. I haven't bought headphones for non-gaming purposes in a long time so I just don't know what is out there.

Please make my purchase decision for me.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

I got a pair of V-MODA Crossfade LPs for Christmas and was curious what you guys thought about them, I'm thoroughly pleased with them but I don't really "know" headphones at all.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Good headphones for your price range: (great, really)

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-9969-HD-650-Headphones/dp/B00018MSNI

And for an amplifier, this:

http://www.bottlehead.com/store.php/products/crack-otl-headphone-amplifier-kit (with the "speedball" upgrade) has stellar reviews and is a great project to get into the DIY scene. Or, alternatively, you can have somebody build one for you, with the amplifier, upgrade, and build cost coming to a total of ~$500-600. Used for ~$450.

Pre-built alternatives:

(used) http://wooaudio.com/products/wa6.html

http://www.amazon.com/Schiit-SCH-03...ords=schiit+lyr, but the Woo and Crack are the leading complements to the HD650, in the consensus of random Internet strangers.

Phono preamps have pretty serious diminishing returns, so I'd upgrade that absolutely last. But with a setup listed above you'd have great sound for pretty much anything. If you decide to have digital media, you'll have to consider a DAC, but those aren't more than $100-200.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
I randomly found a screaming deal on the HD650's ($300 new in box) on craigslist and just got back with them. Will have to take them for a test drive on the receiver output jack after this game and see how they run.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

beergod posted:

I randomly found a screaming deal on the HD650's ($300 new in box) on craigslist and just got back with them. Will have to take them for a test drive on the receiver output jack after this game and see how they run.

I've been looking to upgrade to these from my 555s. I just checked my Amazon order history and I bought my 555s on 1/5/09 :corsair:.

Keep us updated!

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
These things loving bang even through my receiver's phone jack without an amp. They sound so good I wonder if I even need an amp. I can push it really loud without any distortion.

The bass gets low without being overwhelming; the vocals are crisp and clear. Everything sounds very clear in fact.

My Bose QC15's sound like a joke now. It almost sounds like listening to music through an iPod earbud, it is that huge of an upgrade.

So far I've listened only to vinyl (death grips and the Rolling Stones) and I'm very pleased. I will run them through some lower quality sources and report back.

Edit: so if I wanted to get an amplifier, would I hook it up to my monitor out on my receiver? And then I could listen to the headphones no matter the source?

beergod fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jan 5, 2014

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

They're revealing phones and will make poor recordings and low bitrates that sounded ok on other phones sound like crud, but well recorded music is an eargasm through them.
Anyway, enjoy them, the 580/600/650 family is awesome.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Very nice. Glad you like them! It's amazing what proper headphones can do! I've only heard the HD600's through a Nuforce Icon HDP and thought they were great. I can't find any information about the headphone-out impedance for your brand of receiver but I'd reckon with a proper amplifier it would be tangibly better nonetheless. Diminishing returns do exist until you get to "flagship" levels of audio where things start to really sound the best.

As far as an amplifier goes, it really depends on what your budget is now that you have the HD650's. The sky's the limit with amplification but high-end amps do have tangibly better sound. If you're already into vinyl, I feel that you're definitely gonna want a tube amp, but the question is how deep down the rabbit hole you wanna go now that you've tasted quality audio. :)

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
What output would I hook up the headphone amp? zone 2 or monitor out or a different one?

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Ideally it would go Record Player --> Phono Preamp --> (L/R preamp out to L/R in) Amplifier --> Headphones, but you may be able to do Player --> Phono Preamp --> Receiver, through Tape Out --> Amplifier --> Headphones, but I don't know much about receivers nor their bypass functions to comment.

On an aside, I'd like to just say that the Beta22 is scary good. I've been in professional studios and truthfully this amp is the closest thing I've experienced to a live studio recording. I can see how this type of amplification isn't for everyone, but almost every time I listen I jump a bit in my chair thinking somebody or something is happening near me only to realize it was just the song. I've never been pulled so close to the living breathing flesh of musicians playing and if anybody is questioning whether making one is worth it, I'll be a personal testimony by saying yes, it's worth it.

Now to shell out for the front panels from Front Panel Express. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

signalnoise posted:

I'm looking for headphones. I am learning guitar and for the sanity of the rest of my house I got a Vox AC30 amplug and now I want headphones to accompany them. I don't know much about the value of headphones against the audio source, but I am interested in some decent quality monitor headphones in case I get back into computer music production anyway (imma scrub in all aspects of the past 2 sentences).

So far I've been recommended Sennheiser HD 205-II and Sennheiser HD-280 PRO. I'd like monitors with as little flavoring of the tone as possible, but my budget starts at around 60 bucks. I could be convinced to spend a little more if there's a significant difference, but I'd say 100 bucks is a hard limit.

I want something very comfortable, durable, and preferably circumaural because I just prefer that feel. I haven't bought headphones for non-gaming purposes in a long time so I just don't know what is out there.

Please make my purchase decision for me.

Buy the NVX XPT100 and thank me later! They fit all of your criteria.

beergod posted:

My Bose QC15's sound like a joke now. It almost sounds like listening to music through an iPod earbud, it is that huge of an upgrade.

That's a pretty stellar deal you got man! Not to rain on your parade though, but almost any decent headphone would have made the QC15 sound like crap. I demoed them last week for the first time since I was 16 and knew nothing about audio quality, they sound incredibly veiled with no highs. I thought they sounded pretty bad. Isolation is incredible though.

Edit: Those 650 will be with you for a long time though.

Midorka fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jan 5, 2014