Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
make sure it has tuners on the bottom but the headstock is still there, doing nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

man thats gross posted:

six humbuckers, gold everything, all the knobs and switches in your shop, a pickguard strategically placed to guard absolutely nothing, and ideally it should be 15+ strings
I'm not sure if I've got 6 humbuckers lying around (I'll have to have a look later), but I've sure as poo poo got at least six random pickups I've removed from guitars over the years.

comes along bort posted:

8 strings

fanned frets

make the 12th fret inlay a bitcoin qr code and/or have the first few frets say RON PAUL in old english script

I'm also going to be horrifically lazy and use a pre-made neck as I won't have enough time to make a neck from scratch :(. I can totally do the Ron Paul/Bitcoin stuff on it
though.

Fonzarelli posted:

have one of the guitar's fin things get really pointy and spiky in a bunch of directions, just like a random chunk of a metal guitar

I have a horrible feeling that this is will be the greatest guitar ever made....

Stex T posted:

Make one incorporating the Doge meme, because a) it will be stupid and annoying, and b) because some nerd will still pay an excessive amount of cash for it

...Or not.

Keep 'em coming!

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
oh colored strings!

glow in the dark, preferably

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

comes along bort posted:

8 strings

fanned frets

make the 12th fret inlay a bitcoin qr code and/or have the first few frets say RON PAUL in old english script

You were nearly describing my dream guitar

:swoon:

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
thanks for contributing to this thread that guitar is truly hideous

Programmer Humor
Nov 27, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

White Dog Eggs posted:

Keep 'em coming!

a button that makes it play some steve vai

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Astrobastard posted:

You were nearly describing my dream guitar

:swoon:

the back look like someone wiped they rear end with it

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

comes along bort posted:

yeah a pickguard on the headstock

Yes

Dewgy posted:

make sure it has tuners on the bottom but the headstock is still there, doing nothing

Yes

man thats gross posted:

oh colored strings!
glow in the dark, preferably

Yes

What am I doing with my life.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

White Dog Eggs posted:

What am I doing with my life.

you are doing the lord's work my friend

VVVV goddammit arghhhh

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Oh look I'm am so ignorant!

Yes, you are!
If you're gonna throw poo poo about Ibanez models, please at least know something about them, Jesus.

The RG770DX came in two colors, basically red and blue. I bought the red one, but then I modded it, a lot.

This is the reissue of the stock model, you might note the price tag:

I bought mine when it was a new guitar as a backup for my JEM77FP. Then I improved it by putting better (duncan) electronics in it, and I put chrome dome knobs on to replace the red-on-red red knobs, too. I think I made it far less generic and sounded far better; but that's just because I have hands, ears, and eyes.

It's awesome.

LudwigVon Lugnuts
May 15, 2005

When the hell did I put Greenman on?!!
If your Brooklyn coffeshop gig doesn't go well, it reassembles into a machine gun

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Dr. Faustus posted:

Yes, you are!
If you're gonna throw poo poo about Ibanez models, please at least know something about them, Jesus.

The RG770DX came in two colors, basically red and blue. I bought the red one, but then I modded it, a lot.

I bought mine when it was a new guitar as a backup for my JEM77FP. Then I improved it by putting better (duncan) electronics in it, and I put chrome dome knobs on to replace the red-on-red red knobs, too. I think I made it far less generic and sounded far better; but that's just because I have hands, ears, and eyes.

It's awesome.

when id you realize you should have spent that money on therapy and anti-depressants for your crushing lack of self esteem and awareness?

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
also, gonna "anti-post" for a sec for a super not ugly guitar imo

here's why its awesome

non-exotic/jerkoff wood
made in canada/US
comes in classic non-awful finishes
five-way switch and push-pull knob to split the bridge bucker for max versatility
costs <$500 and comes with an awesome rugged gig bag

fell in love with these guys when i got their lg p90 in gloss black for something stupid like $350 brand new.

awesome non-garish styling and NA built for a loving steal. everyone should own this guitar.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dr. Faustus posted:

Yes, you are!

It's awesome.

In honour of Dr. Fastus I shall make this guitar from the finest tonewood I can find in a skip. It will also have autism.

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

man thats gross posted:

rare = expensive = good

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3597233&userid=18415
6 pages of this loving loser typing like a retard. middle aged white people are the fuckin worst

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

White Dog Eggs posted:

In honour of Dr. Fastus I shall make this guitar from the finest tonewood I can find in a skip. It will also have autism.

Put this logo on the bottom

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

LudwigVon Lugnuts posted:

If your Brooklyn coffeshop gig doesn't go well, it reassembles into a machine gun

I found this mexican artist and then we decided his work is good and doesn't belong here.

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
guitarist with autism, please be patient

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

man thats gross posted:

here's why its awesome

non-exotic/jerkoff wood

Define this please.

quote:

made in canada/US
Do you have any idea how much horrible poo poo it made in Canada/US that has huge inflated price tags but lovely wood and lovely build?

quote:

comes in classic non-awful finishes
Proud of that, eh?

quote:

five-way switch and push-pull knob to split the bridge bucker for max versatility
Gee, I wonder who came up with that?

quote:

costs <$500 and comes with an awesome rugged gig bag
O then they're definitely made to high standards.

quote:

fell in love with these guys when i got their lg p90 in gloss black for something stupid like $350 brand new.

awesome non-garish styling and NA built for a loving steal. everyone should own this guitar.

You may be right, I don't know. But <$500 usually means, to me, I have to spend $500 extra on non-microphonic pickups, fret-leveling, and the thing is going to weigh a ton, be dark as mud, and play like poo poo.

Just my experience, though, I could be wrong.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jan 4, 2014

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
He’s cute ain’t he? Only problem is, he’s got a little bit a Mississippi sperg hound in ‘im. If the mood catches him right, he’ll grab his axe and just go to town. You don’t want him around if you ain't wearing ear plugs, if you know what I mean. Word of warning though, if he does lay into a long meandering amusical solo, it’s best to just let ‘im finish.
_________________________________________________\

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

I could answer all of that honestly, but you won't take it in so what's the point?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
lol

Dude I've been the most honest person in this abortion of a thread. That's why I'm diagnosed with autism and what the gently caress ever else.

Just do what you're gonna do.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 4, 2014

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

White Dog Eggs posted:

I could answer all of that honestly, but you won't take it in so what's the point?

Woah I was typing up almost the exact same response except I was also going to call him a baby human being. Great minds, etc..

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

he reminds me of that kid on the playground that won't go away no matter how many times you and your friends call him a human being

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

HEY GUYS I BOUGHT ONE OF THESE ONE TIME AS A JOKE OK WHY IS THIS ENTIRE THREAD NOTHING BUT A PERSONAL VENDETTA AGAINST ME ME ME MEEEEEEEEE LETS HAVE A GUITAR OFF

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
lol bitching about cheap guitars when you fetishize ibanezes i.e. rebranded corts

LudwigVon Lugnuts
May 15, 2005

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Fonzarelli posted:

he reminds me of that kid on the playground that won't go away no matter how many times you and your friends call him a human being
You remind me of no one, not one person who has anything to say or contribute, or has any talent on display.
Your sexuality is not an issue for me, because gay guys are gay, gay girls are gay, cloppers are whatever they are, anime fetishists are whatever they are, and I couldn't care less.

Aaaaaayyyyyyyy!

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
also literally all of your points can be addressed by googling the name on the loving headstock

the craftsmanship on their base models puts american fenders to shame

and their high-end models would be the stuff of your wildest gear boners if you werent such a brainless brand-whore consumerist dickhole

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

You remind me of no one, not one person who has anything to say or contribute, or has any talent on display.
Your sexuality is not an issue for me, because gay guys are gay, gay girls are gay, cloppers are whatever they are, anime fetishists are whatever they are, and I couldn't care less.

Aaaaaayyyyyyyy!

hahaha i've posted more ugly guitars than you shitforbrains, this thread isn't about guitar talent its about ugly guitars, no get out you sad old man and never come back

LudwigVon Lugnuts
May 15, 2005

The Something Awful Forums > Main > GBS 2.1 > only ugly posting for 6 pages and counting itt

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

dr. faustus signature model

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

really looking forward to the white dog eggs build. :woop:

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

LudwigVon Lugnuts posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > GBS 2.1 > only ugly posting for 6 pages and counting itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

• Locked thread