Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

stratdax posted:

This one feels extremely sexual for reasons I can't quite describe.

These look like they're about to drop a nice steamy turd any second

dr faustus may be thread king but stratdax is the king of my heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Pretentious overload

You guys ever seen a Flying V with a dislocated hip?

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Harry in Rio posted:

dr faustus may be thread king but stratdax is the king of my heart

I appreciate that :)

This one has to be from Russia or something because seriously...

I'm sure whatever this is sounds great!

Very 80s. Also I think that middle pickup is actually from a Super Nintendo

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

I think this one has had a variety of accidents happen to it all at once

Maybe a MIDI controller????

This one actually owns

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

stratdax posted:

I appreciate that :)

This one has to be from Russia or something because seriously...

ah, the jolana star ix "screwdriver"

it is a guitar of my people, the czechs

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

stratdax posted:

still thinking about that jack placement, if it makes sense or not, since i always tuck my chord between myself and my strap

what say you, mens?

honky dong
Sep 2, 2011

stratdax posted:

I'm sure whatever this is sounds great!

I think these two are bitcoin mining rigs

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Harry in Rio posted:

ah, the jolana star ix "screwdriver"

it is a guitar of my people, the czechs

Oh I'm sorry, didn't mean to offend, I'm sure it's a quality product featured on many fine Czech songs!

Harry in Rio posted:

still thinking about that jack placement, if it makes sense or not, since i always tuck my chord between myself and my strap

what say you, mens?

The cable would just kind of drape over the the strap instead of being looped around like it would if it was a normal jack placement, so there's a way higher chance of it being yanked out when you snag it on something on-stage.

This one is very br00tal.

As is this

And this

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

This one was originally the rudder for the USS Constitution

I didn't know inanimate objects could be afflicted with elephantiasis

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Last one for now...

Not Work Safe for a rather detailed Penis-Guitar
:nws:Click here:nws:

stratdax fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jan 4, 2014

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

stratdax posted:

Danelectro's are just terrible in every way

No kidding...

For some reason I kind of like their foot pedals:

...even though they look like cheap string lights you'd see on someone's trailer home patio, and like they'd bust into pieces if you stepped on them just a little too hard.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

stratdax posted:

This one actually owns

That owns a bunch actually

King Vidiot posted:

...even though they look like cheap string lights you'd see on someone's trailer home patio, and like they'd bust into pieces if you stepped on them just a little too hard.

Art deco. They're actually good pedals but they're fragile as gently caress

Harry in Rio posted:

gently caress i hate to do this

but why is vai's hair blowing

not to mention that poo poo those guys are doing is mildly homoerotic fwiw

he has a fan on and that's the point

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

W424
Oct 21, 2010
Here's my guitars for your consideration. Sadly my first guitar is missing, it's in the basement or something, a repainted and burned strat.

From the left:
Ibanez rga121, my newest and best baby. Got it for writing a new album and stuff, band imploded and now im doing electro industrial.

Ibanez rg 550ltd something. The RGs are called the Toyota Corollas of metal here, everyone starts out with one. From the late nineties bought used from a dude who's band got pretty big later on. Sold a loving SG for this and have hated floyd roses ever since. Now the trem is properly blocked, earlier I used a 9v battery.

Gibson SG faded 08. Always liked SGs, played most of the last tour with this and second fave to play.

LTD vb300 27" baritone. Got it because we played in drop B, like the scale but I think the monged SG shape sucks poo poo rear end. Got damaged on a gig (I threw it and there was an unexpeted concrete block on the stage) so I put some instant rust on it. Fugly.

BC Rich Bitch 30" baritone. Its a BC Rich so it's ugly, but it tunes to E an octave down. And it cost like 200€ because nobody wanted to buy one. Used it a lot on a post rock type of project.

Because I played brutel metalz, the rga,sg and rich have Bare Knuckle pickups in the bridge (2 warpigs and an Aftermath) and some random stuff on necks.

And check out that carpet, got it for free today.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

King Vidiot posted:

No kidding...

For some reason I kind of like their foot pedals:

I quite like Danelectro guitars, they have a weird sound and considering they are made from plywood and mansonite/hardboard, sound pretty good!

The pedals sound good too, although you are totally right about them exploding if you tread on them a bit hard.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

W424
Oct 21, 2010

a kitten posted:

kmfdm sucks

Dec 26, 2012

stratdax posted:

You guys ever seen a Flying V with a dislocated hip?

hmmm, how can i make a flying v even less comfortable?

wait...ive got it!

Mugticket
Sep 13, 2011

I used to have a bass like that, but then I lost my fingers in an unfortunate shredding accident.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

a kitten posted:

kmfdm sucks

for content i tried finding a picture of sascha again with his M16 bass with no luck :/

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
This is actually a very well made, very good playing, very good sounding, very expensive guitar.

But good lord.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

GreatGreen posted:

This is actually a very well made, very good playing, very good sounding, very expensive guitar.

But good lord.

Woah, I have no idea how they got that finish, but it's foul.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

White Dog Eggs posted:

Woah, I have no idea how they got that finish, but it's foul.

I believe it's dipped almost like tie dye

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

White Dog Eggs posted:

Everytime you change the strings, just give the fretboard a quick wipe with a rag with some Napatha\White Spirit on, wait a minute then wipe off what's left with a dry cloth, that's all you need. Just use a slightly damp washing up sponge on the body to clean it. Congratulations! Your guitar is now super shiny and not horrible.

Harry in Rio posted:

i use bronze wool and nev-r-dull wadding. it works great. nev-r-dull is awesome for the metal hardware, you do have to wipe it off afterwards with a cloth, but it really cleans nicely. bronze wool won't scratch poo poo like steel or aluminum saddle pieces and poo poo.

Thanks, stuff like this really helps a lot and is great to know :D

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

Dean makes some really ugly basses.

^I played one of those once. The single pickup being like a centimeter from the bridge makes it the least versatile and ugliest-sounding bass ever. To be fair, it's like $200.

e: made second image not fuckhuge

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
pretty much anything dean makes that isn't the ML is ugly as gently caress and/or unoriginal.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
is that green one any good because frankly it kind of owns

edit: according to amazon reviews it's actually greener in person fuckkkk i need this

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jan 5, 2014

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

Music Man Bongo basses, too. Other than a few finish/pickguard combinations, pretty much all MM basses are hideous.

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

Dewgy posted:

No idea. I had a Dean bass very early on when I was learning, and it was ok except it was active and cheap active basses sound pretty awful unless you replace the preamp.

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Dewgy posted:

edit: according to amazon reviews it's actually greener in person fuckkkk i need this
You and me both, and I don't even play bass.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

GreatGreen posted:

But good lord.

james tyler has like no taste so why the line 6 stuff looks so normal is beyond me

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

This is not the awesome bass thread :colbert:

Completely forgot about this abomination

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Astrobastard posted:

This is not the awesome bass thread :colbert:

Completely forgot about this abomination

I...I want this instrument : O

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
When I was a teen ager I put some stupid stickers on my strat's pickguard and now it's super gay what's the best way to get it off?

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

When I was a teen ager I put some stupid stickers on my strat's pickguard and now it's super gay what's the best way to get it off?

http://www.amazon.com/Homax-1647-Goo-Gone/dp/B0038BGMN2

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Methylated spirits on a bit of cloth, keep rubbing and it should come right off.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Salt Fish posted:

I...I want this instrument : O

Sorry you have to be this cool to use this guitar

Oh poo poo I forgot his acoustic. Kinda like this one though

Astrobastard fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 5, 2014

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

I can't tell if this would be very expensive or very cheap

Were you guys talking about awesome basses?

I wonder how green this one is in real life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Tosin is so classy and just an amazing player so he's allowed to play ugly guitars.

• Locked thread