Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

Fax Sr posted:

no ones posted these shits yet?

it's like that really cool ampeg guitar except for the part where these suck and aren't cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011

this is mine. don't buy stuff when you're a teenager

signed by trivium lmfao

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

stratdax posted:

And here's an "awesome" bass by our good friend Ed Roman

Jesus Christ that looks uncomfortable to play. With how the body is shaped and the pickups are positioned it looks like it would be so tiring to even pluck it.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Mineaiki posted:

Jesus Christ that looks uncomfortable to play. With how the body is shaped and the pickups are positioned it looks like it would be so tiring to even pluck it.

the trick to any weird shaped guitar is to hold it at an angle

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

stratdax posted:

This is cocaine:

I so want that one.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

LOL

stratdax posted:

Leather pickguard:

gently caress you this owns

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Rob Ford posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i44CwXhucKY&t=230s

Hey Thread King, what's your favourite one called?

this video is satire, it has to be

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkvRnK9viBc omfg this guy owns wtf happened to his voice ahahahaha

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Strats with humbuckers look hosed up...

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Rhopunzel posted:

this video is satire, it has to be

He can anything on that thing!.........except make music

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

GreenAcidRage posted:

this is mine. don't buy stuff when you're a teenager

signed by trivium lmfao

Trivium is a little whatever but that guitar is cool. Play it!

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Fax Sr posted:

no ones posted these shits yet?

Haha I wanted one of these so bad when I was in 5th grade

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I had one of these, the Ibanez Talmen TC825

I bought it because it was aggressively ugly (and super cheap, after they were discontinued) when I was just getting started with guitar, it was my first electric. Sparkle paint, pearloid pick guard, completely unnecessary bigsby. It was only after I matched it with the right amp that I realized the P90s were actually pretty rockin. I kind of regret letting it go now.

The ugliest guitars to me, were always those Ovation abominations. That plastic back just looked like a boil on an infected ball sack. Have no idea how they actually played.

In case that wasn't ugly enough here is a guitar shaped like a dog named Lucy:

Dec 26, 2012

Nice!

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

causticBeet posted:

Haha I wanted one of these so bad when I was in 5th grade

as a tip to ppl in this thread, as if this thread wasnt enough, when your kid comes to you and says they want a guitar loving buy them one for christmas or something dont take them to the store so they can tard out on the dumbest poo poo you ever paid way too much money for

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Finding guitars for this thread is easy on the Pittsburgh CraigsList

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

stratdax posted:

I feel this would go nicely with the Sushi guitar I posted earlier

I love this thing!

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
Here is one from Craigslist:

Old Sears Silvertone with an amp built in the case. I could totally see owning this just for the :wtc: value.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

CannedMacabre posted:

Here is one from Craigslist:

Old Sears Silvertone with an amp built in the case. I could totally see owning this just for the :wtc: value.

this is the kind of poo poo someone on a street corner would be playing

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I dont get people who name their instruments. If named mine it would be called "bitch" because that's what I yell at it when it doesnt do what I want.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

stratdax posted:

Leather pickguard:

If that's Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown's guitar, gently caress off, the man was a genius. He could play anything he liked.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
why is everybody in this thread racist against fat-strats?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Stex T posted:

Because they're dumb

e: fat strats, not the thread

Declan MacManus fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jan 5, 2014

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Astrobastard posted:

You can get a closer look at that monstrosity here around the 12 minute mark -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raxhgWqS2eU

With an equally hideous case, of course.

Blackmachines are my favourite guitars :negative:

just need to point out that he refers to fabric being embedded in the guitar having a great effect on the sound and those guitars being some of the best sounding ones and i just blacked out typing this sentence where am i

also im gonna just post that skateboard guitar video anytime i see the word tonewoods

GreatMrPopo
Apr 17, 2003
i love kami-sama
I remember kinda wanting this guitar. It was a nintendo power grand prize through their monthly contests.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GreatMrPopo fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jan 5, 2014

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Behold Mothman.

But if you really want to see ugly basses you can just GIS 'custom bass' because bass players are the loving worst.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Bill Posters posted:

bass players are the loving worst.

Hey, some of us like to just keep it classy.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Bill Posters posted:

Behold Mothman.

But if you really want to see ugly basses you can just GIS 'custom bass' because bass players are the loving worst.

I don't know what is up with that bass but that chick seems kind of cool if she can actually play it.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Did someone actually criticize a maple neck because it's been played for 20 years and has that "maple neck that's been played for 20 years" look?

I thought that was a point of pride for players of maple fretboards. Just look at EVH's maple necks. They age that way naturally (also you can tell what keys a guy plays in most by which fret areas are blonder or blacker).

Whoever that was, you've got it completely backwards. That is how maple fretboards age and I clean my fretboards (rosewood, maple, or ebony) with several appropriate products and I usually polish the frets, too; every time I change strings (which is to say, a lot).

Darkened areas on a maple fretboard are like badges of honor, or honest wear that shows time served. You can't erase this wear without either removing all the frets, planing the fretboard, and replacing and re-leveling all the frets, or steaming the fretboard off the guitar and putting a new piece of wood, and recutting all the fretslots and doing another total refret. Dirty maple necks are most awesome necks.

Of course, you can pay some lunk at Fender to pre-wear it for you, but I prefer the old fashioned way: Buy a pristine guitar, and play it until the maple shows how many notes you've put on it. That's just me?

I've never seen that disputed, but then again there are a lot of backwards things I've only seen in this crazy thread.

Bonus leopard fur:

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass

Mugticket
Sep 13, 2011

I like this guy, but his guitars are kind of pretentious.

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011

KING OF THE THREAD

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Stex T posted:

i have one. it's alright

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug
i saw a really ugly guitar earlier thoght you guys would really like this one

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to see it with a maple fretboard.

Hustle Hound
Oct 21, 2012

all is known

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAvGUIvQblg

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT

king of the thread

lord of the ugly guitars

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

Nothing says blues like customizing an SG into god awful hideousness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

MotherFuckingT-REX posted:

king of the thread

lord of the ugly guitars

Shut up, japanu~~ princess. My guitars are gorgeous and you identify with ... whatever that Japanime crap is. I win by default.

• Locked thread