Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yawgmoth posted:

Dungeons & Depositions.

Your honor, while it is true that under the effects of a truth-spell my client did admit to multiple counts of raising the dead with intention to conquer you will see that if you scry the court record again you'll find he was not read his Miranda rights. I therefore move forward that none of that evidence is admissible in court and that without a proper confession my client can not be held here due to lack of evidence of consorting with lawful evil spirits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Barudak posted:

Engineer/rogue

Unbolt the railings off the stairs
Pry the gems from the inlaid floors
That's what every DM fears
Walk back to town with the gilded doors!

Build a scaffold with ten-foot poles
Filch the glass from the grand skylight
Appropriate the covered holes
Hock the torches, they're much too bright!

Saw through and sell the prison bars!
Dump out and sell the canoptic jars!
Disarm the trap that's in the wall
Flood the market with the throwing stars!

A naked dungeon's what the GM fears-
So carefully, carefully on the stairs!

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Barudak posted:

I keep telling you all that you should never primary rogue. The base adventuring party should be one of each; Bureaucrat, Lawyer, Accountant, and Engineer with multi-classing into things like rogue or wizard for some of the abilities they get.

With a Lawyer/Bureaucrat hybrid you can easily pull strings with the judge to have the case dismissed and be your own legal representation thus saving you plenty of money to have your Accountant/Rogue hybrid party member embezzle it so your Engineer/Wizard can build you a house with golden toilets.

You have to make sure that the person who owns the adventuring party is a minority female veteran. There are some sweet federal contracts waiting in the wings for just such a business person!

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

Phy posted:

Unbolt the railings off the stairs
Pry the gems from the inlaid floors
That's what every DM fears
Walk back to town with the gilded doors!

Build a scaffold with ten-foot poles
Filch the glass from the grand skylight
Appropriate the covered holes
Hock the torches, they're much too bright!

Saw through and sell the prison bars!
Dump out and sell the canoptic jars!
Disarm the trap that's in the wall
Flood the market with the throwing stars!

A naked dungeon's what the GM fears-
So carefully, carefully on the stairs!

Haha, did you write this? It's good.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's a pretty great take on an old classic, and you just know Thorin would pull that poo poo if somebody else appropriated a dwarven dungeon.

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

My favorite thing about the Immortal's Handbook is that the combat skills are still absolutely terrible:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah, I'm not original by any means, but I'm glad someone besides me got a kick out of it. I was thinking about a Corporate Party, and stealing traps, and the old story about ganking the adamantium doors from the entrance to the Tomb of Horrors, and I thought, "Pull-the-banister-off-the-stairs..." and got inspired.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
To be fair, many adventuring parties over the years have basically operated that way. Some people take it as a personal challenge to steal everything that's not bolted down and at least half the things that are.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Remember, it's only embezzling if you spend it outside of the company. Be careful, because you really don't want to get caught.

And now the story of a wealthy party who lost everything and the one DM who had no choice but to keep them all together. It's Arrested Dungeons And Development.

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
My very first game of D&D had something almost exactly like this. The DM put his big bad orc king on a solid gold throne and after we killed him, we carved it up and hauled it off to be melted down. Level three characters with a million gold each kind of broke the game especially when we didn't know about availability limits.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

F'uck'u. That's my true name. You know why, lord? You rode a horse to get here. I rode an eighty-thousand gold piece Red Dragon. THAT'S my name. And your name is you're wanting. You can't play in the man's dungeon, you can't crawl them - go home and tell your wife your troubles. Because only one thing counts in this life: Get them to give up their treasure. You hear me you loving commoners? A-B-C. A-Always, B-Be, C-Crawling. Always be crawling. ALWAYS BE crawling.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
I have no idea whether this qualifies as cat piss or just plain :psyduck:, but my Pathfinder GM has disappeared. Literally, without a trace, into-thin-air disappeared.

The last thing we heard from him was a reminder to have our experience updated for this week's game, and then there was no announcement about when the game would be. All of us messaged him a few times asking if it'd be on the usual day and if so what time, but there was no response, and then his facebook just disappeared altogether. Another guy from the group and I went over to his house on Saturday (the usual game day) and it was not only empty, it'd been sold. No forwarding address. He just disappeared out of his neighborhood, deleted all social media, and vanished off the face of the earth. We don't know any of his relatives so we can't ask them, and the guy I went with has talked to the authorities. I have no idea if they're going to file a missing persons report or not. The totality of it would seem to suggest he deliberately disappeared, rather than someone else doing it to him, but hell if I know.

I'm total campaign poison (of the many games I've ever played in that weren't one-shots, only two have ever been completed. One was only four sessions long anyway and I was GMing the other so it probably doesn't count), but I think this is probably the most out-there way a game I'm in has ever died off.

...man, what if he never existed in the first place, makes you think

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Solomonic posted:

Disappearing GM

My guess is your GM has some kind of secretive government job and had to relocate for security reasons. But yeah that is baffling and somewhat worryingly.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
You obviously missed a sense motive check at some point.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
I'm gonna spoil it:
This is your new campaign. The world your party knows has been destroyed leaving nothingness. You must now journey through this broken and empty realm to find the being that held your universe together and restore it. With reality itself destroyed, there's nothing you should (or could) expect.

Daetrin
Mar 21, 2013

Solomonic posted:

I have no idea whether this qualifies as cat piss or just plain :psyduck:, but my Pathfinder GM has disappeared. Literally, without a trace, into-thin-air disappeared.

The last thing we heard from him was a reminder to have our experience updated for this week's game, and then there was no announcement about when the game would be. All of us messaged him a few times asking if it'd be on the usual day and if so what time, but there was no response, and then his facebook just disappeared altogether. Another guy from the group and I went over to his house on Saturday (the usual game day) and it was not only empty, it'd been sold. No forwarding address. He just disappeared out of his neighborhood, deleted all social media, and vanished off the face of the earth. We don't know any of his relatives so we can't ask them, and the guy I went with has talked to the authorities. I have no idea if they're going to file a missing persons report or not. The totality of it would seem to suggest he deliberately disappeared, rather than someone else doing it to him, but hell if I know.

I'm total campaign poison (of the many games I've ever played in that weren't one-shots, only two have ever been completed. One was only four sessions long anyway and I was GMing the other so it probably doesn't count), but I think this is probably the most out-there way a game I'm in has ever died off.

...man, what if he never existed in the first place, makes you think

Anecdotal, but a friend of mine with experience in that field says that sort of instance is not too uncommon for exactly what you Robindaybird guessed - sensitive government work requiring a relocation.
Which frankly doesn't make me feel any better.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

However as a counterpoint this situation was how a GM of mine started an Unknown Armies campaign, so I reckon you should keep digging until you hit the Occult Underground.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Daetrin posted:

Anecdotal, but a friend of mine with experience in that field says that sort of instance is not too uncommon for exactly what you Robindaybird guessed - sensitive government work requiring a relocation.
Which frankly doesn't make me feel any better.

One of my teachers had the exact same experience with a former coworker when they did computer security consultation, which is why I made that guess and that was nearly a decade ago.

So sadly, there's a good chance the GM won't turn up again.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Kurieg posted:

His slam attack (That it is mathematically impossible for him to miss with)

He has a 5% chance to miss, unless he literally has an ability that says he doesn't miss on a natural 1 in which case that is some bullshit. :colbert:

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Im pretty sure thats the point.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Yeah, I realized like five minutes after posting that that singling that single point out as being some bullshit was missing the forest because all these drat trees are in the way.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Dareon posted:

He has a 5% chance to miss, unless he literally has an ability that says he doesn't miss on a natural 1 in which case that is some bullshit. :colbert:

While the 5% miss chance theoretically exists, I'm pretty sure that one of the various templates assigned to it means it doesn't even have to roll(as most divine templates do). Also since it's strength is technically infinite, its BAB is infinite as well.

Edit:

quote:

The Mortiverse was created using U_K's Epic Bestiary, the Book of Templates v.3.5, the Neutronium tables at immortalshandbook, the updated Umbral Blot statistics found in Epic Monsters, a calculator, and about 4 hours of hard work

VVVV He took a bunch of templates and applied it to a creature that was already purposefully overpowered compared to most parties.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jan 5, 2014

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I was looking over the source thread and I don't understand it. It sounds like this guy put a lot of work into this monster, and yet it seems to be a collection of arbitrarily high stats, like he just wrote 'Strength is like 10+infinity!' on the back of a napkin. What work could have possibly gone into making this thing that I'm missing?

Daetrin
Mar 21, 2013

Kurieg posted:

VVVV He took a bunch of templates and applied it to a creature that was already purposefully overpowered compared to most parties.

So basically it's the monster equivalent of Pun-Pun? Technically legal rather than completely arbitrary.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Mendrian posted:

What work could have possibly gone into making this thing that I'm missing?

Patting himself on the back.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Daetrin posted:

So basically it's the monster equivalent of Pun-Pun? Technically legal rather than completely arbitrary.

Eh, with Pun-Pun there are still technically rules and boundaries that were stretched to break the game. GMs have the ability to create any creature they want whenever they want, so it's not exactly like there were any rules stretched or bent or anything clever done. It's more or less the equivalent of someone just running down the supermarket of stats and abilities and shoving everything into several wheelbarrows - there's not really much of anything involved.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

I am DMing a game of Kingmaker in Pathfinder because our other game of it fell through. I'm the kind of DM that likes to have some fun with pre-made campaigns, so when I realised that the party had already learned everything that happens in the first book, I practically chucked it out the window. If anyone has played Kingmaker, here's a few changes I made.

Upon PCs request he made his character a human earth elemental sorcerer who was supposed to be heir to the Brevoyan noble Garess family's titles and wealth. Naturally when his exiled cousin (Kesten Garess) showed up in the stolen lands things got a little awkward.

The crazy alchemist Bokken was replaced by another noble who fled from house Lebeda. She was third in line to her family before she ran away with a halfling she met at a circus.

A trap door spider encounter was replaced with a reoccurring elf skeletal champion bard who was murdered by the Stag Lord (local bandit boss) years ago, and was secretly manipulating the party to get to kill the Stag Lord. He has a set of feats that allow him to have an animal companion of 1 level lower than him.

The Levetons (nice family who run a trading depot the PCs save first thing in the campaign) have a daughter who is training to be a Steel Falcon. She practised swordplay with the circus halfling she met when he came to the trading depot for some food.

A later trap filled glade was replaced with a nomadic sylph monk who agreed to accompany them for no known reason. They asked him if he wanted to come, he agreed, and it was never discussed again.

The Stag Lord's dumb brute companion was replaced by an Inquisitor who was only a bandit to protect her young daughter. When combat broke out she used Invisibility on herself and her daughter, before almost knifing one of the PCs.

I don't like Will-o-wisps so I declared that I am replacing ALL of them in every book with hydras. This has come up already once.

Mites don't exist, and a kobold town is replaced by a tribe of goblins.

Onto the adventures...

In the first book, on top of all the changes I made above, the players' execution of them was perfect. They rolled a will-o-wisp on the random encounter table, so I threw a hydra with six heads up against them. Their party at that point had themselves, the other runaway noble, and the Levetons' daughter. The gunslinger refused to run, so the party rushed at a nearly impossible encounter. Through this encounter and all previous ones, the Levetons' daughter has rolled almost NOTHING BUT CRITS. She rolled several confirmation roll 20s. The finished the hydra off with a crit from a lucky longbow shot and I got sick and tired of my NPC carrying the party. Turns out she is blessed by the god of freedom, alcohol, and bravery, Cayden Cailean. They have a brief talk with the god as he claims her. She wakes up, they explain the situation, and the girl is furious. She rages about how can someone be "free" if they're claimed by a god. She wanders northwest to Numeria to "burn all the taverns down, then see who's claimed by the drunken god".

They are now part way through the second book, but I ran out of stuff to throw at them because they haven't adventured into the wilderness since the first book. The PCs are the Garess sorcerer (the baron), an aasimar gunslinger whose wife was killed by a hydra (the marshall), and a human Savant (3pp class that's somewhat like a bard. The diplomat) who just wants to adventure and tell stories. They have quite a lot of farmland, so I used the werewolf encounter that comes standard in Kingmaker, before throwing in an encounter with a group of five trolls in the wheat fields. The party sends the PCs, the skeletal bard, Akiros Ismort the fallen paladin barbarian (from Kingmaker), and the nomadic monk. In the most bloody fight they've had since the hydra (which was in the same hex, mind you) the sorcerer Baron was juggling several acidic spheres, bouncing them between trolls to mitigate their regeneration. The monk was using elemental fist to do much the same. All the others tried desperately to survive. During the fight, the skeleton asked the PC gunslinger if he thought they would win the fight. The gunslinger sadly shook his head. The skeleton then launched himself into the middle of three trolls with his animal companion, screaming that the barony can't die yet, he still needs it. His animal companion was promptly critted and bitten in half, and they all narrowly escaped with their lives, including the skeleton, when some guards sent a wave of reinforcements (half of whom were eaten in the battle).

Even then, I still couldn't get the PCs to adventure past the capitol, so I gave them what they wanted. A veritable game of thrones. The skeleton left on a journey to get a new animal companion, and was gone for around 8 months, leaving the position of spymaster to a less qualified gunslinger (the nomad monk taking the job of marshal). The gunslinger managed for a bit, until a new crime boss showed up in town, a high level elven swashbuckler. He had friends including a master forger that worked with the previous spymaster and a small tyrannosaur as an exotic pet. There was some witty banter as they met and argued. The gunslinger PC trying to do his job, it was just some good role playing. Meanwhile, the diplomat was also trying to do his job by trying to reason with the local goblins by means of a rap battle. It went south and he ended up burning a goblins house down, he fled the scene, pursued for miles by goblins.

Later, the gunslinger staged a take down of the new crime boss with the aid if the Warden and captain of the guard, the morose Kesten Garess. They slaughtered everyone in the hideout, except the forger, who the spymaster told Kesten specifically to keep alive. Kesten, lacking a prison or stocks to hold the prisoner in, locked the forger in his own cellar, taking joy in making the forger's life as terrible as possible. The party then realised that Kesten had some serious unresolved issues, and has his cousin the Baron Garess change his job to royal executioner, giving the title warden to the newly returned Levetons' daughter, sans deity.

Finally, in the most recent escapades, the party STILL REFUSING TO ADVENTURE forced me to have one of my favourite roleplaying experiences in a long time. The skeletal bard returned with a triceratops companion presumably bought from the same place as the tyrannosaur. He asked the gunslinger about the state of crime, still thinking he was the marshal, but was terrified to consider the aasimar as a spymaster. He promptly declared he was going to get a handle back on his crime empire, before rushing off to find the "captain of the guard" Kesten Garess. The skeleton interrupted a conversation between the Baron Garess and Kesten Garess by screaming "Arrest me!" And punching Kesten in the mouth. The PC Baron Garess did not have time to point out that Kesten kills the vast majority of people he arrests before the skeleton was beaten into submission. The skeleton was tied by hands and feet to the east wall of the capital, before being broken out by the criminals in the town.
Later, at the court meeting, the leaders of the town received three letters. One to Kesten, one to the gunslinger, and one to the entire court. The gunslinger was challenged to a duel at sundown by the crime lord, and left the meeting immediately. Kesten was informed that his prisoner has escaped and was challenged to the same duel as the gunslinger. He did not read anything about the duel aloud. The third letter was the various Brevoyan noble houses complaining that the Baron (the heir to a household if you remember) had not taken a wife. The Baron was promptly lectured by the PC Councillor and Kesten about family traditions and what's best for the country. A large and well roleplayed argument unfolded, leaving the Baron at a loss for words. It was noted that the monk nomad (and current marshal) was absent and the meeting was adjourned.

The duel was to be the skeleton bard, Kesten, the monk marshal, and the gunslinger versus a high level swashbuckler crime lord. The bard wanted no part in this, and yielded immediately. Formalities and terms of the duel were sorted out, and the duel commended. The swashbuckler was built to deflect arrows and as many blows as it could in a round. He deflected a critical threat from the gunslinger on the first round, before realising too late what I had made the halberd-wielding Kesten Garess' class, Barbarian 1/Brawler 3. The swashbuckler could not parry a grapple, and was soon fighting to free himself. He managed to free himself and stay free long enough to make the monk yield and knock out the gunslinger before wrestling with Kesten for several minutes. The swashbuckler, having finally won, took a victory drink by downing all the alcohol in his flask... As well as the poison the bard had added.

They executed the crime lord, and a wedding between Baron Garess and the noble Lebeda who has fled was arranged, and the bard moved onto his next scheme. While the diplomat and the warden were away adventuring as a duo in the wilds, he asked the gunslinger to help him assassinate the baron. His reasoning was that since aasimars live a ridiculously long time, and skeletons are immortal, that they could rule unchallenged for centuries. He gave the gunslinger poisoned bullets, and asked that he kill the Baron. This was all done in front of the Baron's player, who just laughed. Later, the Baron pulled the gunslinger aside to ask him to help with a scheme of his own. The Baron wanted to use the clerics that would be around for the wedding to resurrect the skeleton bard. He gave the gunslinger bullets filled with holy water, and left the gunslinger with a mental debate. Rule the barony as a tyrant by killing a friend, or keep the status quo by killing a different friend.

The day of the wedding, the diplomat returns in tear-away nobles clothing with the warden and a new pet dog. The ceremony begins, Kesten is his cousin's best man and is still in full armour. He gives a speech, and bids everyone to their place with the wise words of "shut up and listen to the clerics." The gunslinger, in matching tear-away nobles clothing, sneaks out and heads to where he knows the skeleton will be... In Kesten Garess' house, rearranging furniture and repainting one of his paintings, just having fun messing with the executioner. The gunslinger shoots the bard, who survives and manages to get outside and unties his triceratops. He flees, but is shot down in the street by the gunslinger. The gunslinger, pursued by an angry dinosaur, grabs the late bard's tibya, tears away the nobles clothing to reveal a kilt and cleats but no shirt, and runs off towards the church, ready to make this wedding into a true Garess party.

And that's as far as we have gotten to date. These guys are amazing to play with, and know when to be serious and when to go gonzo over the top crazy. I hope I did some of these antics justice, because they are some of the best I've DMed for.

Jade Mage fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jan 8, 2014

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Barudak posted:

F'uck'u. That's my true name. You know why, lord? You rode a horse to get here. I rode an eighty-thousand gold piece Red Dragon.

"Thanks for the 40K gold pieces, by the way."

"Eh?"

"Taxes on exotic mounts is 50%. But carry on."

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

The Mortiverse posted:

Generate Spawn (Su): As a standard action at will, the Mortiverse may generate 52,818,775,000,000,000,000,000,000,000d10 spawn statistically equivalent to itself, only the spawn lack the ability to generate other spawn. Each spawn generated subtracts its hp from the Mortiverse’s total, although having infinite hp renders this moot.
Except that the Mortiverse's spawn also have infinite HP, and infinity - infinity is :psyboom:

EDIT: Considering that it has more hit dice than there are people in the world, why not just give it every feat from every single supplement before going for Epic Potency xwhatever?

Zemyla fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Jan 11, 2014

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Apparantely Puritan Inquisitors hate us. Also, a cannibal loses his head to irony

So after a breather session and holiday break, our RT game resumed with four players present, the False Man Seneschal, the Ork Weirdboy, the eternally pissed off at everything Missionary and my Genetor with somewhat illegal genetical modifications. So, there's a big Waaagh on the rise in the Koronus Expanse and nobody is doing anything about it because the two biggest Rogue Traders, Caligos Winterscale and Chorda, had finally lost their temper with each other and were in an all out war, which kinda took everyone's attention. So we as the completely loyal and honorably people we are took it up to ourselves to unite Koronus Expanse against the rising Ork threat. So our first stop was asking the Inquisition for support, naturally - right after we got the Weirdboy Xenos Sanctioning, which was basically a holographic tattoo of the Aquila on his forehead. He also got a complimentary hat, apparantely all Orks who go through Sanctioning in Footfall get a free pirate hat. Makes them go through it willingly more easily. The Weirdboy also got convinced that this Emperor fella was a super swell guy and asked the Missionary for a holy book to learn holy things about - and he got it. Missionary got enough insanity points to get a disorder because giving holy books to Orks is sorta nuts. I don't think the GM ruled yet what the disorder was or I didn't hear it, but it's probably going to be more apparent in the next sessions anyway.

After some foolery we got an invitation to see the Koronus Cabal, four Inquisitors who were going to hear our plea - two of them were sorta hum-dum neutralish Inquisitors, one of whom we managed to ally with and one who we didn't, but who was apologetic about it at least. But then there were Inquisitors Solomon and Castellan... Castellan is a raging Ordo Xenos puritan and she kept yelling at us and calling us borderline heretics and so on, and we sorta did not manage to make friends with her. She took great offense to the fact we had three different Xeno-groups on our ship, and she thought that the Inquisition should take over the war effort from us and imprison us. We could've made peace with her if we'd murdered one of the Xenos groups on our ship but we went with the 'nah, they're useful'-answer which she took some offense to. And then there was Solomon, a mysterious Inquisitor whose Ordo wasn't clear and whose motivation was according to the GM's cheat sheet "Kekekeke". He talked about suspicious stuff, liked us despite the fact our group is our group, and promised to 'maybe' support our plea after we went to talk to him after the initial meeting, after which we got some time to convince the Inquisitors individually of our cause. He of course didn't and because of it Castellan's suggestion of taking over the war effort almost succeeded - up until the point Solomon requested to speak after being silent for the whole meeting, just before the decision was finalized. He thought they shouldn't vote yet since the fifth Inquisitor wasn't there, five Inquisitor's had been sent an invitation to form the cabal but one hadn't arrived in time. Castellan didn't really like that she got cheated out of taking over our ship and dragging us to the interrogation chambers, but the other Inquisitors all agreed that the fifth one should also be present and we were told to go and get this fifth guy back. We also got a couple of minor side missions from one of the neutral Inquisitors and from Solomon, Solomon's one being extremely vague "go pick up my sword from Lucien's Breath, you'll know which sword it is when you find it". Not suspicious at all.

But enough about Inquisitors when there are far more important things to worry about, such as the governor of a planet called Grace - Director Julia (it wasn't actually written OR pronounced Julia, we just consistently mispronounced and misspelled it, both IC and OOC). Now this Julia was a real charmer - a fat cannibal who wasn't even very subtle about it, and now we heard news that there was a civil war going on Grace, some ghoul cannibal queen called the 'Shadow Queen' had apparantely staged an uprising and was trying to dethrone him. Now the last time we had met Julia was way, way back when we were ferrying around the heretical girl band, Hex Girls, and my character has ever since planned to murder Julia. Because she doesn't like cannibals. Nevermind the fact that just before she met Julia for the first time she had bitten off a piece of an Inquisitorial Acolyte's leg. I still had to convince the rest that going and murdering Julia was the right action to do - thankfully Missionary realized that cannibalism is heresy and he immediately supported my plan, the Ork just liked fighting and nobody cared about what the Seneschal thought.

We ran into a low-tier Rogue Trader staying in orbit around Grace and he told us a bit about the local situation, complained that they hadn't wanted to buy his weapons and seemed to be a small fish happy with his place in the universe. We asked him how much weapons he had and he told us he had 5 billion lasguns. Nothing else, just tons and tons of lasguns. We of course bought them and shipped them off to one of our colonies, one that we hadn't visited in a few years. Boy, are they gonna be surprised when they suddenly get a hundred thousand times as much lasguns as there are people on that lovely little ice planet. I think the Seneschal suggested we just kill him and take his stuff since, you know, we are going around in a Cruiser class vessel while his was a lovely transport ship, he literally had a giant brown sack ferried around behind his ship where some of the lasguns were. A real competent character this Joson the Rogue Trader was. We didn't kill Joson, not doing the lovely thing for once.

We tried to contact the queen of the cannibal ghouls coming from the mountains but just reached a guy calling himself the 'Queen's Mouth' and we didn't really manage to convince him that we were gonna help him and not immediately betray him. Missionary also referred to us as Sky Lords constantly because why not. We scanned the planet and found out Julia had taken all the void shields protecting the cities of that planet and put them to cover his palace - although we noticed something a bit weird, the shield protecting the palace was not as strong as it should have been considering the amount of power it was using. We mostly thought that he had an incompetent Ad Mech acolyte bungling around there and didn't think much of it, we just landed near the palace and approached a battle in progress near the front gate of the palace... There were massive hordes of Julia's men and the Shadow Queen's men there in a standoff and the GM made a point of putting two massive hordes on the table and asking us how we proceed. We argued a bit until the Seneschal just said "gently caress it let's fly to the other side of the palace" and we did exactly that and there was no one there so we could just enter the place unhindered. The DM told us we could have also just walked through and ignored the two armies.

The next thing we saw inside was some sort of horrible machine that was taking imprisoned humans on a conveyor belt in from one end, and out came hamburgers! How horrible! Thankfully the only thing we had to do to shut it off was to press a button, which was what the Weirdboy did. He just walked up to the machine, pressed a random button and it shut down. Still, the people on the conveyor belt were tied to it so we would need to figure out a way to get them free. So the Missionary freed one of them with a knife and delegated the job to him so we could ignore that thing and go face Julia inside the palace proper. So at last we came face to face with Julia! He was on a stage in a room with four levers, two on each side, and he was gloating on the stage, claiming he knew it was us all along who had caused the uprising and other somewhat insane blathering. Me and the Missionary tried to rush him but we found out the reason for all that extra energy being used to power the void shields: there were 14 void shields covering the stage. We couldn't get in, he laughed at us and gloated, claiming he was unstoppable and so on. So I sent my minion to pull one of the levers, which caused most of the floor to open up and drop most of us down to the conveyoer belt. I was the only one who didn't take fall damage because I had a Flip Belt and was in hover mode when the floor fell out, and I just slowly floated down while everyone else was complaining about the damage. Then we got back in to the room and Julia kept gloating, despite the fact that the trap had not really been all that dangerous. Still being massive pussies no one except me with my Flip Belt was filling to go in there, so I just went in to pull the second lever - I also noticed there was an anvil attached to a rope hovering over Julia's head. Of course when I pulled the next lever the anvil was transported over my head, and it tried to hit me instead, unsuccesfully. Still everyone stayed outside bickering, I went and pulled the third lever and the floor got electrified, at which point the Missionary rushed in after the electricity was gone and he pulled the final lever, shutting off the void shields for good and locking me, him and Julia in the room. We promptly charged him, the Weirdboy teleported and took the Seneschal and my minion with him, and Julia pulled out... two best quality mono knives! Every single one of us threw the same result for initiative, at which point I decided to use a fate point to get max initiative for myself, just so I could kill him before anyone else could.
I said "I hate cannibals" and used my bite attack I'd gotten thanks to the Genetor's implanted Tyranid genes, and the DM took out a specially prepared EXTENDED crit table he'd gotten from somewhere, and looked at the result: Julia lost his head. The DM asked me whether my character tried to swallow the head, but she isn't quite that insane so she just spat what was left of it out. DM was disappointed I didn't go full madness. Everyone was glad that was over with and nobody commented anything about the way the fight had ended, everyone was too focused on looting Julia, and he had... two best quality monoknives and best quality robes. In fact IC the Missionary was called a lunatic who was seeing things a couple minutes later because the Weirdboy did some shenanigans, and everyone agreed he was waving his thunder hammer threateningly for no reason. For him it had seemed like the Weirdboy had stabbed the Seneschal with the looted monoknives, but it was totally his imagination and not OOC lunacy the Weirdboy and the Seneschal did.

The session pretty much ended after that, we went to the planet where the fifth Inquisitor was supposed to be at and that planet appeared to have mountain sized beasts walking around it. Next session gonna be a bit more serious than this one I think, less crazy cannibals and more exploring death worlds.

masam
May 27, 2010
I think your GM cribbed the fight from Chrono trigger, when you fight one of the bad guys. He's this super fat bastard type who does the same four levers crap, and once you find the right one, he goes down like a punk. just sounds extremely familiar is all. Not that thats a bad thing mind you.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

masam posted:

I think your GM cribbed the fight from Chrono trigger, when you fight one of the bad guys. He's this super fat bastard type who does the same four levers crap, and once you find the right one, he goes down like a punk. just sounds extremely familiar is all. Not that thats a bad thing mind you.

He did and he had the music from that fight playing in the background as well. I think, haven't actually played Chrono Trigger but I'm pretty sure the music was from that. Chrono Trigger boss mucic anyway.

masam
May 27, 2010
Heh, did the boss ever shout that he was, "In a pickle?" And the music from chrono trigger is fantastic. On to notable gaming stories!

So a fellow goon has created a wonderfully anime game called "Giant Guardian Generation," or GGG from here on out. In the three game sessions we've played, a number of notable events occurred.

Three PC's defected from the big evil empire ruling everyone, and based on the world all wound up being from the same area, went through basic together, and then left the empire at the same time to join the rebellion, separately and without any input from the other players until we met up at the rebel encampment.

One player's story of how he became a pilot. His microwave broke and he ordered a new one. They sent him a mech with a tiny head, little arms, and treads, the body of it being a GIANT gently caress OFF microwave/weapon. He has since named it the Macrowave. After deciding to keep it, they of course tried to bill him for the giant war robot. He declined and used the Macrowave to tear away and wound up with the rebels.

Myself and the Pilot of the Macrowave, after being told "True soldiers of the Terran Empire would never surrender or retreat from rebelling scum." immediately responded to that with Dave (microwave's pilot) slamming a bell we had near the table for some reason, stating that his microwave door was being launched open (it was the timer on his mech is what he told us later, so we get that chime every time he attacks something.), and that I was being thrown at the mech who said that. It ended with me, in nothing more than power armor, essentially uppercutting him with a giant lance of energy, tearing through the center of the mech into the air, and landing on top of the downed mech in front of 6 more, which then proceeded to start fleeing and surrendering.

Thats just some of the madcap antics we've gotten up to but i wanted to share some of them here because one, goon made game that really has a lot of solid design ideas and really deserves a lot more attention than it's getting. I have no doubt with the amount of shenanigans and trouble we got up to that it'll keep creating stories or at list snippets for me to post here.

masam fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jan 12, 2014

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
We had a player who, to add authenticity to his mighty warriors miniature, clipped the sword off and replaced it with a sewing pin, which certainly brought some actual adventure to the process of moving the pieces around.

Future Son
Mar 29, 2007
I'm from the future. I'm your son!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I will be telling more Star Wars stories once we can ever get together to game again, in case anyone was wondering.

It's been 7 months and I still check this thread hoping for an update. I have no self-respect.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Future Son posted:

It's been 7 months and I still check this thread hoping for an update. I have no self-respect.

You are not alone.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

masam posted:

After deciding to keep it, they of course tried to bill him for the giant war robot. He declined and used the Macrowave to tear away and wound up with the rebels.

If you are sent unsolicited merchandise you are under no obligation to pay for it, as it is considered a free gift :eng101:

aerion111
Nov 29, 2011

Prodigy of Curiosity.
Master of Jacks.
Apprentice of Masks.
And, when fighting the forces of darkness, always remember: "Armor of Darkness, Weapon of Light"

Canuck-Errant posted:

If you are sent unsolicited merchandise you are under no obligation to pay for it, as it is considered a free gift :eng101:

That seems strange... Is there no legal protection against accidentally mailing something to the wrong person?
If I try to get some family heirloom appraised, but instead of sending it to the appraiser I send it to the private person next door, is there really no way for me to go 'Oops, my bad, please give that back'?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

aerion111 posted:

If I try to get some family heirloom appraised, but instead of sending it to the appraiser I send it to the private person next door, is there really no way for me to go 'Oops, my bad, please give that back'?

In that case, you aren't sending them merchandise. The law applies specifically to things like a company mailing you the first volume of an encyclopedia (in hopes of getting you to buy the rest); if you're not interested, you can still keep the first volume without having to pay them (which comes in handy if it'd cost money to ship it back). The fact that you aren't getting mailed encyclopedias on a daily basis is due to this law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

masam
May 27, 2010
I will have to mention this to him after a while because he DID send away for a microwave, not a giant robot. I'll wait until he's invested into the cause and we've been fighting together for a while. Then just off handedly mention. "oh hey, i did some research and asked a couple lawyers I know. Apparently they can't hold you accountable and it's considered a free gift under certain business laws, so you never HAD to pay them to begin with! never even had to join up and fight in a war and kill people! just needed to contact a lawyer! how bout that?" and then i walk off as both the player and character snap.