Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Elfface posted:

Identical twin gets a paternity test back? No, that's still a creepy way to tell the kids...
Can't paternity test identical twins anyway, they have the same DNA :flashfact:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Require More Fire posted:

I'm more amused by that Wolverine/Sabertooth page because out out context it appears that Sabertooth just decided to gently caress with Logan in the most horrifying way possible, and then jetpack off giggling about it.

Speaking as somebody who has read the issue, let me make your day by telling you that that is pretty much how it goes down.
It's basically just there near the end of the issue to say "Oh hey, Sabertooth's back!" with no additional reason.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Cornwind Evil posted:

Cloning, apparently. What really makes this jarring is that said second magic sword was supposedly to destroy souls, so Victor Creed should Clearly Most Sincerely Dead. I guess if you clone someone, you not only create a new soul, but keep all the clonee's memories? Comic books! If you're a main nemesis, it doesn't matter how hard one set of writers try to get rid of you, the next person who wants to use you will bring you back, by hook or by crook.

Maybe the clone's the one that got double beheaded? :shrug:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Elfface posted:

Identical twin gets a paternity test back? No, that's still a creepy way to tell the kids...

Members of Cobra's elite Crimson Guard, who typically live ordinary lives making money and resources for them to funnel into Cobra, often get placed into a "series," where they get plastic surgery to make themselves look identical. On occasion, when one of them is killed, they are replaced by someone in the same series.

That page shows what happens when Fred Brooks - who is one of the Fred series - is replaced by a different (yet identical) Fred.

Yep.

The kids have almost certainly been raised with Cobra ideology as a central part of their lives, so they're not going to argue.

DivineCoffeeBinge fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jan 4, 2014

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I was expecting some Zartan shenanigans, Jesus Christ.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Members of Cobra's elite Crimson Guard, who typically live ordinary lives making money and resources for them to funnel into Cobra, often get placed into a "series," where they get plastic surgery to make themselves look identical. On occasion, when one of them is killed, they are replaced by someone in the same series.

That page shows what happens when Fred Brooks - who is one of the Fred series - is replaced by a different (yet identical) Fred.

Yep.

The kids have almost certainly been raised with Cobra ideology as a central part of their lives, so they're not going to argue.

It also lead to one of the best quotes in GI Joe. During the Cobra Civil War Serpentor is inspecting the troops still loyal to him. He's told he still has Dr. Mindbender and his robots the BATS, and Tomax and Xomat's Elite Crimson Guard.
To this he says "In other words, I command a legion of the nameless and the soulless!"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Yep.

That can be a legit horror movie. Jesus gently caress.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe the kids are suffering from Capgras Delusion?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Telling you, Hama's first few years on GI Joe were fantastic. And, er, greatly unsettling, in a good way. The Cobra Island story ends with a delicious comment from a gleeful Cobra Commander while the good guys are walking away with their tail between their legs:

"What a great system! If you have enough money and you can hire the best lawyers, you can do anything you want!"

:911:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Even in the original TV show there was a lot of stuff that looking back now is surprising. Like how long Tomax and Xamot kept their hands clean in the public, working as legitimate business men on behalf of Cobra, mostly as accountants. (And I recall an episode where they literally gave Cobra Commander a bill for services rendered!)

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got
Everyone is acting as if Wolverine wouldn't charge in the general direction he knew Sabretooth is in.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Choco1980 posted:

Maybe the clone's the one that got double beheaded? :shrug:

Make the clones shoved in to get beheaded like 5 minutes beforehand and give him thought bubbles similar to the whale in Hitchhiker's Guide and you'd have a story.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Or is it Sputnik posted:

Everyone is acting as if Wolverine wouldn't charge in the general direction he knew Sabretooth is in.

I think that's why Sabertooth cunningly chose "up." He knows Wolvie can track him based on scent over land pretty easy. But from 50 feet up?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Angry Walrus posted:

"Yo Satan lemme back out, I gotta deliver a sicknasty burn to this dude I hate."

FROOOOOOOOOSH

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Fuego Fish posted:

Super team extraordinaire - G.I. Joe! G.I. Joe!
All the dudes with jaws so square - G.I. Joe! G.I. Joe!

Rescues Washington D.C. - G.I. Joe! G.I. Joe!
Always saving the land of the free - G.I. Joe! G.I. Joe!

They're pretty easygoing!
Half the battle is knowing!
So raise your fist and give a YO!
G.I. Joe! G.I. Joe!

(I should have gone with Animaniacs, I might have finished that one. Three verses is all you're getting.)

Check out Larry Hama!
Comic writing ace!
He told Marvel his pitch for S.H.I.E.L.D. and they said, "Get out my face!"
He reworked it to G.I. Joe!
Changed Nick Fury to Flint!
Hydra became Cobra!
And so he made a mint!

Laser battles on a bridge! G.I. Joe! G.I. Joe!
With Sergeant Slaughter and the Fridge! G.I. Joe! G.I. Joe!
Explosions and espionage! G.I. Joe! G.I. Joe!
Who here wants a body massage? G.I. Joe! G.I. Joe!

They'll save the nation fo' ya!
Without Rocky Balboa!
Now go and terminate Destro!
G.I. Joe! G.I. Joe!

G.I. Joe!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Say Nothing posted:

Maybe the kids are suffering from Capgras Delusion?

Yeah, he travels around with Stan Winston's team.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
From Archie comics, number unknown. They did a lot of this sort of thing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Say Nothing posted:

Drawing over-sexualized teenage girls in the foreground and background of scenes was like the number one thing Archie artists did to keep from going insane with boredom.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Sentinel Red posted:

The Cobra Island story ends with a delicious comment from a gleeful Cobra Commander while the good guys are walking away with their tail between their legs:

"What a great system! If you have enough money and you can hire the best lawyers, you can do anything you want!"

Ha ha, I pulled that page when I was grabbing the other one. So, from G.I. Joe #41, Cobra has seized an island newly-formed by an earthquake, and G.I. Joe fights a fierce battle and has Cobra cornered when...

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
From Superior Foes of Spider-Man #7. Janice wants to be a super-villain, but daddy Tombstone doesn't approve...

My favorite part is the eyeroll Janice makes on the second page.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That's super cute :3:. Tombstone is right to send her out on her rear end if she's serious, and she's right that he's a being a bit sexist by scoffing reflexively.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

That's really great. Isn't Tombstone suffering from a rather mild case of being dead at the moment, though?

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
It's comics. Death is basically just a minor inconvenience at best.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Well, to be fair, It really hasn't worked out well for women Bosses. Only one I can think of that got out good, was Modesty Blaise.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Well, to be fair, It really hasn't worked out well for women Bosses. Only one I can think of that got out good, was Modesty Blaise.

Willie Garvin doesn't count as a mob. He's just one guy!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Is Madam Masque a boss?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Say Nothing posted:

minus.com images never load on the awful app. Could someone rehost this so I can see what the joke is.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

VanSandman posted:

minus.com images never load on the awful app. Could someone rehost this so I can see what the joke is.

I assume imgur works

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

mind the walrus posted:

Is Madam Masque a boss?
And Silver Sable.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

mind the walrus posted:

Is Madam Masque a boss?

Elektra also, except that was a Skrull.

I just feel bad for Elektra in general.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Skwirl posted:

I assume imgur works

Oh those wacky Archie artists.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Schneider Heim posted:

From Superior Foes of Spider-Man #7. Janice wants to be a super-villain, but daddy Tombstone doesn't approve...

It's always nice when someone does their research. Except for the hue being off (but that's stylistic), that's exactly the Columbia Law School regalia and that's recognizably Sylvia's exterior, interior and how they set the table and plate the food. I love it when MarvelNYC leverages being NYC. I love that old map from the '80's (and apparently a slightly updated one from slightly later?) Not really "funny" unless you're me and think the angle on the arrow to Inwood being off is funny.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Perigryn posted:

And Silver Sable.

I thought she would be less of a boss and just more mercenary leader.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I thought she would be less of a boss and just more mercenary leader.

She's a mercenary leader who like singlehandedly funds the economy of some lovely Latveria-lite through mercernary leading.

Supposedly she meets with Dr. Doom once a year but I wouldn't be surprised if Silver Sable herself added that to her Wikipedia page that I just read

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Schneider Heim posted:

Oh my God this is the best. I'm rooting for Tombstone's daughter to revolutionize the super criminal industry and kick rear end.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
If her mother was Dominican, and Tombstone was black before he got the Red Hood Special that gave him his powers, why is Janice white?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Tombstone had albinism. Not saying that explains it, just something I remembered.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jan 5, 2014

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yeah, but his daughter doesn't and albinism last I checked doesn't work like that.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I bolded it to help you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Senior Woodchuck posted:

If her mother was Dominican, and Tombstone was black before he got the Red Hood Special that gave him his powers, why is Janice white?

Yeah, that was my first thought too. And yeah, Tombstone was always an albino, except in the old 90s Spiderman cartoon, where his super-powers and albinism were caused by the same thing. But cartoon Tombstone also didn't breathe, so he was more like a zombie dude.

• Locked thread