Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Terminal Entropy posted:

What is the name of the music that gets played when Cecil reads the messages in the episode Pyramid?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGsxbzqjKWk&t=416s

"Salvarii" from 1989

Coincidentally that song references (and contains samples of) the storming of the Romanian state television station by members of what became the "National Salvation Front" which happened 24 years ago this week.

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Dec 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.

Earwicker posted:

"Salvarii" from 1989

Coincidentally that song references (and contains samples of) the storming of the Romanian state television station by members of what became the "National Salvation Front" which happened 24 years ago this week.

What do you do on the show, Earwicker? Have you been to a live show?

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

dj_clawson posted:

What do you do on the show, Earwicker? Have you been to a live show?

Earwicker is disparition.

Disparition is earwicker.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

Cool. You should come out after the next NYC show so I can meet you.

Apkallu
May 8, 2007
I introduced Night Vale to a friend this summer. We were going to visit another friend of mine who lives just outside Providence for brunch on the last day of NecronomiCon, and I stopped at Whole Foods to grab hostess gift flowers. She asked if she could stay in the car to listen to NV while I went in; of course!

I come back, and she has this look of sheer panic on her face. "I...it said 'And now, the weather' and this music came on and I don't know how to use your stereo and..."

"Yeah," I said? "What's the forecast?"

Totally worth it.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.
Hey look! A whole bunch of new things, including hoodies and campaign posters: http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=TO&Category_Code=CPB

Why are they coming out after Christmas? Good question. We had most of this stuff to Topatoco well before Christmas.

Dimloep
Nov 5, 2011
Sheriff's Secret Police hoodie? Aww, you guys :3:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
gently caress I gotta get me that 'see something' poster.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

maxnmona posted:

Hey look! A whole bunch of new things, including hoodies and campaign posters: http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=TO&Category_Code=CPB

Why are they coming out after Christmas? Good question. We had most of this stuff to Topatoco well before Christmas.

Whooo hoodies! And more posters! My wife is going to kill me.

jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

maxnmona posted:

I need so many things!!!

jazz babies fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Dec 28, 2013

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

My recording studio has new decoration!

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Earwicker posted:

also, all Disparition albums are a free download from now until the end of the year (though I'm pretty sure I've posted them all on SA for free at some point anyway).

Where would I be able to get Transmutations? Disparition.info?

Edit: Because Transmutations is fantastic and probably my favourite of your work.

cptn_dr fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 30, 2013

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
Hey, so I'm thinking about getting a dog - does anyone know if secret terriers are a good breed?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

Hey, so I'm thinking about getting a dog - does anyone know if secret terriers are a good breed?

No one has ever survived to tell.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Sorry, everyone in this thread is a cat person now. And why wouldn't they be!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I found this on tumblr: the (unofficial) Night Vale Radio Lego set.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

I honestly don't know what's better. Mini Fig Carlos' hair or Khoshekh :3:

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
Who's that second from the left? The mayor?

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

New York City has gotten really into Night Vale; when the new episode is out they're going to drop a huge glass ball in Times Square. Hopefully it will shatter and kill all the celebrities there.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

An intern fetching Cecil's coffee, I'd guess.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

The weather in the new episode is particularly awesome if you imagine you're staring at a "Technical Difficulties" sign with like a dog running off with Cecil's microphone while listening to it.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!

dj_clawson posted:

The weather in the new episode is particularly awesome if you imagine you're staring at a "Technical Difficulties" sign with like a dog running off with Cecil's microphone while listening to it.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD! That's the exact mental image I had, minus the dog.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

AstroZamboni posted:

GET OUT OF MY HEAD! That's the exact mental image I had, minus the dog.

EXACTLY the same image I had!

This is probably one of my favorite episodes so far, I'm loving the development of the relationship between Cecil and Carlos and what's even better is that we got some moe some direct involvement with Strexcorp!

Great ep, very spooky and cute all at the same time.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

I just assumed it was Dana but I guess any old nonamed intern would work.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

That's right, it's the first. Duh.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Brickino's Pizza seems like the kind of place that would've burned down under mysterious circumstances.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Carlos: The Science Scientist

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
I'm really really glad to learn that Intern Dana is still alive and texting Cecil. Hoping for more updates on that soon.

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.
This morning, while picking up a quick breakfast at a dunkin' donuts, I was considering getting a drink with my order and had an immediate reaction of fear at first when I saw the orange juice, and decided to not get a drink. Night vale has managed to make orange juice scary, even if it's only for a moment.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

QueerPope posted:

Night vale has managed to make orange juice scary, even if it's only for a moment.
It only TAKES a moment.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

One thing I'm grateful for about this podcast is that without it, I never would have discovered Earwicker's music. Some of his stuff has an almost Vangelis-like quality to it and it works so well in my stargazing music playlist for playing in the observatory, alongside music from Cosmos and the works of Isao Tomita.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

dj_clawson posted:

I imagine there would be a sort of sign in front of the 'camera', with the events going on happening in the background as the weather played. So you mainly see cartoon dog and Cecil, but in the corner of the vision, flashes of strange action, movement and chaos.

"Listeners. Let me release my own special announcement: Cecil Palmer would like to not be late for dinner." :3:

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 2, 2014

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
"I study science, not plants or nature" says the man who spent half his first date measuring trees.

Also, please keep on describing these ridiculously detailed logos because someone on tumblr will draw them accurately within 48 hours and it's hilarious.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

I wonder if anybody's created that cute emoji already...

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Yep, someone made the emoji!

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Glorious.

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

I have nothing to add to this thread except to mention that I too listen every week and very much like this podcast. Thanks to those who make it!

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance is a great movie.

jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

This is perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.
Hi everyone. Hadn't checked in in awhile, so I dunno here's some stuff:

1. Everything's sold out except San Diego, Vegas, and the late show in Phoenix. Also we added a free panel and q&a in Portland. Also a free panel and q&a in another city that's at a smaller venue so we're not going to announce the details until right before. Also we're considering adding another show in LA, but we have to decide if we really want to try to do 6 shows in 4 days. http://commonplacebooks.com/live-events#/westcoastjan13/

2. Mark off March in your calenders. We have plans.

3. Live recording of "Condos" will come out soon. It will not be released as a regular episode. More on that soon.

I think that's it. Let me know if you have any questions.

maxnmona fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jan 5, 2014