Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
Texans chat is the new Ravens chat

arf arf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Gatts posted:

What the heck are we fighting about? Has Clowney ever faced or tried to kill Johnny Manziel? I want to see how he'd be able to take down Big Ben or a really mobile QB like Cam/RG3/Wilson/Kaep.

Best games for what would have to be his games against Clemson (Boyd as the mobile guy) and LSU/UCF (Mett/Bortles are more Big Ben types)

MonsterWalk posted:

Texans chat is the new Ravens chat

arf arf

Intruder and I are a lot of things, but he's definitely not Kawalimus. :colbert:

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Colts won because injuries to the Chiefs caused a complete collapse. Without injuries to Davis, Houston, and Flowers KC would be playing next week. Luck will be a great QB but he wasn't the primary catalyst for that comeback. Not being able to run the ball, rush the passer, or cover a guy will cause any team to lose.

End this poo poo now.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

bhsman posted:

Mettenberger? :getin:

Mettenberger doesn't have the brain to make those throws

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

bhsman posted:

Mettenberger? :getin:

Maybe JFF. Maybe.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

jeffersonlives posted:

Maybe JFF. Maybe.

Mmmf tell me more :fh:

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Doltos posted:

Allen Robinson, Brandin Cooks, whoever loses the combine battle between Evans, Lee, and Watkins. I like Davante Adams and Donte Moncrief to rise a bit and Odell Beckham Jr. deserves to go in at least the second.

What about Jordan Matthews? Definitely wouldn't mind seeing that dude as a Panther.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

jeffersonlives posted:

Maybe JFF. Maybe.

No :mad:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

RumbleFish posted:

What about Jordan Matthews? Definitely wouldn't mind seeing that dude as a Panther.

No, you can have Kelvin Benjamin. I just want a stupid Boldin Clone.

Plafop
Oct 11, 2012

by Ralp

John Brown posted:

Colts won because injuries to the Chiefs caused a complete collapse. Without injuries to Davis, Houston, and Flowers KC would be playing next week. Luck will be a great QB but he wasn't the primary catalyst for that comeback. Not being able to run the ball, rush the passer, or cover a guy will cause any team to lose.

End this poo poo now.

Is this a joke? That comeback was all Luck. You just sound bitter when you post ridiculous things like this.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

I'd post that photoshop again but I'm too invested in Clowney. :v:

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Plafop posted:

Is this a joke? That comeback was all Luck. You just sound bitter when you post ridiculous things like this.

We obviously didn't see the game the same way so let's agree to disagree. 2TDs and 2TOs isn't much of a comeback...to me at least.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 5, 2014

Plafop
Oct 11, 2012

by Ralp

John Brown posted:

We obviously didn't see the game the same way so let's agree to disagree. 2TDs and 2TOs isn't much of a comeback...to me at least.

No you're just wrong and have probably never watched football before.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

John Brown posted:

Plafop is either a troll or intensely stupid Colts fan, don't reply to him.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I really don't give a poo poo what you think anymore and I'm not going to debate with someone who's argument is "No. You're just wrong", or "Did you even see the game?!?!"

To change gears here, is there any chance some little-known DB could have an insane combine and jump the boards? I'm worried that Dallas won't have a shot at Clinton Dix.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Click his rap sheet and relax

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
ye olde drafte threade has gone some strange places in the last 12 hours

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

John Brown posted:

I really don't give a poo poo what you think anymore and I'm not going to debate with someone who's argument is "No. You're just wrong", or "Did you even see the game?!?!"

To change gears here, is there any chance some little-known DB could have an insane combine and jump the boards? I'm worried that Dallas won't have a shot at Clinton Dix.

Happened last year to dudes like Jonathan Cyprien and DJ Hayden, no reason why it won't happen this year.

That being said, the mystery safety probably won't jump past Clinton-Dix. You might get an opportunity at him anyway, top safety going at 17 isn't that long of a shot.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

John Brown posted:

Zimmerman from K State would be a guy like this if he ran well.

He won't run well and is way more likely to go the other way and drop down boards, but in theory.

e: Oh you're talking first? Yeah nevermind he probably can't work his way up that far unless he morphs into Calvin Johnson or something.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
How has Cyprien played this year? I very much wanted the Ravens to take him instead of Elam.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

amaranthine posted:

Happened last year to dudes like Jonathan Cyprien and DJ Hayden, no reason why it won't happen this year.

IIRC Cyprien was more of a Senior Bowl riser than a Combine riser.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Cyprien has played really well this year.

Chiefs should also be in the mix for Clinton-Dix

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Pron on VHS posted:

Perhaps. Giants might lose Will Hill to his third drug suspense and Rolle is expensive. I could see Dix going high to them like how the Bucs reached on Barron.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Doltos posted:

Perhaps. Giants might lose Will Hill to his third drug suspense and Rolle is expensive. I could see Dix going high to them like how the Bucs reached on Barron.

Eh, I don't think 12th overall is a big reach for a safety in the current NFL climate, despite conventional wisdom. There were two taken in the top 20 last year and both turned into solid, productive players right away.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Grozz Nuy posted:

Eh, I don't think 12th overall is a big reach for a safety in the current NFL climate, despite conventional wisdom. There were two taken in the top 20 last year and both turned into solid, productive players right away.

True. I like Barron, but I didn't think he filled as big of a hole as Kuechly, Brockers, Coples, Kirkpatrick, or Ingram at the time. I thought for sure they were going some sort of CB there or at least LBs.

Cooper surprised me this past year. It's hard to predict when safeties and guards get taken high.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Oh I don't think Barron in particular was a good pick considering who else was on the board, I actually don't like him very much as a player. I just think more generally the 11-20 range is no longer 'too high' for a safety. Clinton-Dix seems like more or less unanimously the top one in the class this year, so that area of the draft will probably be where he comes off the board.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Grozz Nuy posted:

I want the Bears to take a safety at 14 and I dont care if its a reach

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Barron has definitely not warranted his draft position. He's been a decent player but no where near the impact player he was billed as. He still struggles in coverage a lot but is generally good against the run and at blowing people up (legally usually). We probably should have taken Kuechley with that pick, but we ended up with David a round later and Foster isn't bad in the middle for us.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Doltos posted:

I looked it up and other websites echo his late first status. He's 6'5 275 and extremely strong. Good first step and slick, but a little slow after that. He reminds me of Adrian Clayborn. I'm not like, knocking the guy.
I'm not sure how having a fantastic year is dropping his value or that his value is dropping.

Pron on VHS posted:

The Chiefs don't have any shot to land Clinton-Dix. The Rams would be stupid to not select him with that 2nd first round selection, which happens well before KC is on the board.

They're probably gonna have to settle with a short term stopgap like Ryan Clark until they have more picks in a better safety class.

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars

LiquidFriend posted:

I'm not sure how having a fantastic year is dropping his value or that his value is dropping.

The Chiefs don't have any shot to land Clinton-Dix. The Rams would be stupid to not select him with that 2nd first round selection, which happens well before KC is on the board.

They're probably gonna have to settle with a short term stopgap like Ryan Clark until they have more picks in a better safety class.

This is true as well. With the way the Chief's picks are shaping up and all of the WRs declaring, KC should probably go WR with our first two picks (1st and 3rd rounds). With our cap space I don't think we'll be able to do much as far as signing one of the top FAs, so we'll be heavily leaning on draft picks and cheap FAs.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

bhsman posted:

Intruder and I are a lot of things, but he's definitely not Kawalimus. :colbert:

Nah, Intruder isn't Kawalimus. He's like the canary in the Houston coal mine. During the season if you ever find yourself agreeing with an entire Intruder pessimistic post then drop everything and evacuate immediately, because we're hosed.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I put all kinds of silver linings around the Chargers game but after the Titans game I got super pessimistic and welp

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

excidium posted:

This is true as well. With the way the Chief's picks are shaping up and all of the WRs declaring, KC should probably go WR with our first two picks (1st and 3rd rounds). With our cap space I don't think we'll be able to do much as far as signing one of the top FAs, so we'll be heavily leaning on draft picks and cheap FAs.
I'd say they need a Tight End also, as Fasano looked old and slow.

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars

LiquidFriend posted:

I'd say they need a Tight End also, as Fasano looked old and slow.

We didn't really get to see Kelce, but I don't have any reason to think he can't step in and do the job.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

I put all kinds of silver linings around the Chargers game but after the Titans game I got super pessimistic and welp

Intruder, I offer this as a peace offering after the argument earlier:

The only reason I didn't post this with the Manziel and Clowney photoshops was because I didn't find one until just now :pseudo:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

excidium posted:

We didn't really get to see Kelce, but I don't have any reason to think he can't step in and do the job.
I'm not saying Kelce is bad, I just see him as more of a #2 Tight End that will also occasionally shift out to WR.

Eric Ebron and Kelce (if he can recover from his injury and live up to expectations) would be a fantastic TE duo.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
There's also Sean McGrath who has a cool beard.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I would really love it if the Chiefs could address the secondary in the 1st round as I am convinced any WR they draft will bust.

Clinton-Dix, Dennard, Ebron, ASJ, Paul Richardson is my wishlist in order

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

So basically the Cowboys won't be getting Clinton-Dix.

You'd figure with the way TEs have emerged over the past few years that safeties would be a big loving deal. Maybe more of then will begin to emerge from the college ranks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Also, what's the order now? Packers, Eagles, Chiefs and Bengals, right?

• Locked thread