Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
Contact Info PMs or smills at terriblegamers dot com
Location San Diego, CA (East County & College area)
Group Yes
What We Play A little of everything. We run a lot of different systems because we think we are special and review them for the internet. Currently we've got an on going DnD 4e Campaign separate from this, that we hope to someday ramp to a podcast.

We also have a sort of on going Warhammer 40k rpg going on, and a Star Wars Edge of the Empire. We are looking for one or two new players for our weekly Friday night (6 to 10ish most Fridays), our biweekly Saturday game (11am to 6pm), or both.

We are all in our mid 30s, with kids and such, and act old. Our play style is really a mixed bag, but our Saturday game tends to be more "serious." Friday we spend a lot of time hanging out and talking about the rules for the, often new, system we are running.

Any interest hit me up via PM or email.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

User Name - Afriscipio
Contact Info - Afriscipio at gmail dot com
City/Country - Munich, Germany
No group at the moment - I'm a stranger in a strange land.
What I'm willing to play - Looking for English-speaking roleplayers/wargamers. I'm keen to play any story-driven RPG and I'm fairly experienced in running games, too (specifically Call of Cthulhu and Unknown Armies). I'm also and avid Android Netrunner player.

If there are any established groups looking for an extra player, or if there are fellow stragglers in Munich, I'd be keen to meet up and play something.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009
Contact info - I prefer PMs, but genericangstyemail at gmail dot com.

Location - The Hudson Valley area in NY- specifically near Middletown.

Group None, unfortunately.

What are you willing to play? - I'd prefer playing 13th Age or Dungeon World over anything. I'm honestly not terribly picky, thought I'm not really good at games with point buy character creation like GURPS and M&M. I've never GMed live, so I'd rather play. If you get together and play cool board games I'm down, too.

Cargo Culture
Jul 29, 2011

Warning! I am a die-hard Firefly fan, a man-child crybaby with a poorly-rooted decade-long persecution complex.

FOX PLS LET FIREFLY SOAR AGAIN!!!!!!

P.S. ily Joss <3
EDIT: moved elsewhere

Cargo Culture fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 18, 2013

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Wait.

If it's online, why do you care if the person's a smoker?

What?

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
Presumably they don't want to have to deal with a player wanting to take smoke-breaks mid-session?

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

User Name: LuiCypher
Contact Info: I just got my Platinum Upgrade so that I wouldn't have to post my personal email, so please PM me.
Group: Sadly, none - I am seeking a group.
What are you willing to play?: Normally I would have said "Anything" but that's a dirty, filthy lie. The truth is, I will play anything but 3rd Edition D&D and its associated variants as well as GURPS. I know how to play the W40k RPG system, Night's Black Agents, FATE Core, 4th Edition D&D, Paranoia, and Call of Cthulhu, but the truth is I am willing to learn a new system if that's what it takes to join a group in the area. I also have many board games that I am willing to share in pursuit of the cause of good gaming.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Xiahou Dun posted:

Wait.

If it's online, why do you care if the person's a smoker?

What?
A better question is "if it's online, why is it here instead of the online game sticky?"

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009
Also, why do I care if they have beer if it's online? Are they going to slide it through the screen? Will you mail it to me before a session starts? Guinness is my preferred, it that's the case.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
Is the beer non-alcoholic? Because they are specifically asking for a sober player to join them. Would it be better if the player just didn't drink or was a member of AA/MA/NA?

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009
Oh, good point. That actually brings me to the next questions:

1. What should I wear to my job interview if I want to apply for the position of Pretendy Funtime Non-Francis? Is business casual okay?

2. Do you understand the original Trainspotting quote you "transformed?"

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I smoke beer and drink cigarettes, can I play in his game? :ohdear:

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
Don't chat in this thread. Anything below this gets hit. If you want to discuss what is appropriate for a session, take it to the general chat thread. Chat dilutes this thread's value as a scannable resource.

Winson_Paine fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Nov 19, 2013

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
gently caress it man, let's roll dice.

User Name - Party Bug
Contact Info - PM.
City/State/Country - Chandler, Arizona
Do you have a group now? - Negative. I have one or two people I might be able to drag in.
What are you willing to play - Basically anything. World of Darkness, FATE, Eclipse Phase, Savage Worlds. I'm not that fond of D20, but it's been so long I'm even willing to give that a shot.

Bonus Achievement - Once played a game of CthulhuTech. Made it three turns into a combat before everyone quit.

Party Bug fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jul 21, 2015

some FUCKING LIAR
Sep 19, 2002

Fallen Rib
User Name - Some loving LIAR
Contact Info - PM
City/State/Country - Central Wisconsin
Do you have a group now? - I play with a group in Madison but I'm not in a position to invite people to it.
What are you willing to play - Anything.

Llamakazi
Jan 25, 2006

"Awr?"
User Name: Llamakazi
Contact Info: PMs or Steam (Llamakazi)
City/State/Country: San Jose (South Bay Area), CA
Do you have a group now: Sort of; we don't have anything set in stone but I'd like to start something with some regulars.
What are you willing to play: I've now amassed a decent collection of fun board games so I'd have that covered; but anything really.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
User Name: Paper Kaiju
Contact Info: (username)@gmail, though I'd prefer Steam if possible (same user name)
City/State/Country: The Triangle, NC, USA
Do you have a group now: No, but I'm looking to form one
What are you willing to play: I'm looking to start a bi-weekly or monthly Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3E campaign at the beginning of next year. I live in Durham, but I'll likely be running at one of the many fine game stores surrounding RTP (Atomic Empire, Game Theory, or Gamer's Armory).

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

User Name: Ornamented Death
Contact Info: PM or email donaldmcobb at gmail dot com
Current Group? No, haven't had a group since I graduated college eight years ago :(
What are you willing to play? I'm mostly interested in role playing games. Pathfinder/3.x is what I have the most experience with, but I'm open for anything so long as there's some actual role playing and not just a bunch of dice rolling. I'm also up for the occasional board game, though I'd prefer to stay away from CCGs.

Lucky Samurai
Oct 4, 2011

Being jaded about something is so cool. You're just as useless as everybody else, but you get to be irritating and bitter about it.
User Name - MC2552John
Contact Info - PM me
City/State/Country - Denver area, Colorado
Do you have a group now They all left when we graduated :(
What are you willing to play I like board games that involve, well, a board usually. Examples I've enjoyed are Spartacus, the Game of Thrones Board Game (not card game), Libertalia, the Star Wars Miniatures game (pew pew lasers and spaceships), and City of Horror. I own and heard good things about Space Alert and the Gears of War board game but haven't got to try them yet.

Jpyric
Feb 19, 2013
Its a long shot, but eh, why not.

Contact Info - jpyric at yahoo, or on steam (jpyric)
City/State/Country - Rochester, NH
Do you have a group now - Nope, moving halfway across the country has left me sans group.
What are you willing to play - Just about anything, I have books for Pathfinder, GURPS, Anima rpg, Deathwatch, D&D 3rd ed, and a couple others I cant recall at the moment. I also have WH40k armies and Anima tactics figures collecting dust that I'd love to dig out. Oh, and an as-yet not assembled copy of the Space Hulk board game.

TheMooseOwns
Nov 8, 2012

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.
Contact Info - moose.rojATgmail.com
City/State/Country - Copenhagen, Denmark.
Do you have a group now - Nope.
What are you willing to play- I've grown a big interest in Magic The Gathering and board games like Settlers of Catan. Could be fun to get together at some time.

Grillburg
Oct 9, 2013
User Name: Grillburg
Contact Info: PM me please
Group: No, I am seeking a group.
What are you willing to play?: I'd love to find a regular (bi-weekly or monthly) RPG group with an experienced GM. I love story-based campaigns and am willing to play most anything fantasy or sci-fi, though I have a preference for something like Shadowrun.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
User Name: - Captain Walker

Contact Info: - PM, or pika132 at gmail

City/State/Country: - Westlake Village, (NW LA County, near Thousand Oaks), California.

Do you have a group now: Basically just me, Mimir in Calabasas, and one non-goon, plus whoever of Josh's friends can be scrounged up. I am always looking for more people though, and I prefer to game with the kind of people I could hang out with if there weren't dice or a board involved. Asking the internet has never failed me before!

What are you willing to play: Apocalypse/Dungeon World, 13th Age, FATE, board games, maybe D&D 4e if done right. Basically anything new and exciting and not creepy.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Madmarker fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jul 12, 2018

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

User Name: - TheParker

Contact Info: - PM, or parker5449 at gmail (make the subject something goony)

City/State/Country: Houston, TX (North East)

Do you have a group now: Not really.

What are you willing to play: 40k, D&D interests me, but have never played. I'm up for just about anything though.

JetSet
Jan 2, 2004
Germanologist
User Name: - JetSet (and wife)

Contact Info: - PM

City/State/Country: Indianapolis, IN

Do you have a group now: No

What are you willing to play: Just about anything. Our favorites are 7 Wonders, Ticket to Ride, Alhambra, Takenoko, and the DC Deckbuilding game, and we have no friends with any interest in games.

JetSet fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Dec 28, 2013

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Jpyric posted:

Its a long shot, but eh, why not.

Contact Info - jpyric at yahoo, or on steam (jpyric)
City/State/Country - Rochester, NH
Do you have a group now - Nope, moving halfway across the country has left me sans group.
What are you willing to play - Just about anything, I have books for Pathfinder, GURPS, Anima rpg, Deathwatch, D&D 3rd ed, and a couple others I cant recall at the moment. I also have WH40k armies and Anima tactics figures collecting dust that I'd love to dig out. Oh, and an as-yet not assembled copy of the Space Hulk board game.

drat dude, I thought that I was the only person in this town that liked GURPS. Have you been up to Jetpack yet? They're good people. shoot me an email at mrtumnus1 at hotmail.com if you want to try and meet up.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...
Probably a long shot, but are there any TG goons in/around Drumheller, Alberta, Canada?

I'm running 4e in Calgary, and I just found a really enthusiastic newbie, but the travel was too far for them to join us on a regular basis, so I'm hoping to find some people for them to play with closer to home.

Also, if any Calgary goons need a group, email me: ninethreefive@hotmail.com

Girk
Apr 6, 2006

Sup?
User Name: Girk

Contact Info: PM

City/State/Country: San Diego, CA (OB/PB)

Do you have a group now: Nope. Primarily interested as a player now.

What are you willing to play: RPGs - Fate, Amber Diceless, D&D varieties (Pathfinder included, any edition), Dresden Files, are what I am most familiar with. Open to most RPGs.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
User Name - Golden Battler
Contact Info - PMs are probably the best way to contact me, though tossing me an email (it's my username without spaces at mail.com) is probably good too
City/State/Country - Delta, BC (it's in the Vancouver area)
Do you have a group now? Kinda but not really - I have one or two people I can probably get into doing stuff, but we don't actively do anything. I don't mind GMing, though I don't have any real experience with it.
What are you willing to play? 3.5e, Shadowrun, and GURPS are the ones I'm mainly familiar with, though I'm willing to learn/play nearly anything. Also looking for someone who has Devastation of Indines, because god drat I want to play that.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
Username: mcswizzle
Contact info: PM justin.tuttle at gmail.com Steam (Martin Luther King of the Nigs)
City/State/Country: Greater Syracuse area NY
Group? Negative. The only person I know up here is my fiance, and it's hard enough to get her to be OK with me gaming as much as I already do.
Willing to play? D&D preferred, but open to suggestions and others' preference

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
User Name - Teonis
Contact Info - Steam: Teonis; Email:00teonis@gmail.com
City/State/Country - Jacksonville, FL United States. Orange Park/Fleming Island area
Do you have a group now? No
What are you willing to play? RPG: Dungeon World; open to other games as well (D&D4E, Pathfinder, would like to learn 13th Age), but DW has ruined any other game for me.
Open to play many, many different board games.

Kayvall
Jan 15, 2008

User Name - Kayvall
Contact Info - PM me here; Email: Kellen.Benton@gmail.com
City/State/Country - Orange, CA, USA.
Do you have a group now? Not really. I have friends I have played games with in the past but we haven't done any in a while.
What are you willing to play? Most of my gaming experience is with 4E with a little bit of 3.5 and Pathfinder. Open to learning similar systems such as 13th Age or Dungeon World. Been interested in World of Darkness but haven't had the chance to play. Also open to board games, having played ones such as Battlestar Galactica, Legendary, and Firefly.

Matte Black
Sep 5, 2006
some guy
Reposting because of a move, though I'm sure North Idaho is a longshot.

User Name - Matte Black

Contact Info - Email: jjmontreuil@gmail.com

City/State/Country - Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA

Do you have a group now? I run a 13th Age game with a group in Spokane, but I'm moving back to CDA, so that game will be happening a lot less regularly, and I'd like to find another group closer to home.

What are you willing to play? Any D&D or game derived from that; I'd also love to try out Feng Shui, Shadowrun, FATE or Apocalypse World. It'd be rad to find a group willing to do Fiasco. I'm also interested in trying new board games.

Matte Black fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 4, 2014

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
User Name - Capitalistpig

Contact Info - PM me here or email me at capitalistpigSA@gmail.com

City/State/Country - Hiram/Dallas/Marietta Area in Georgia, USA

Do you have a group now? I have had a gaming group in FL for years and I'm going to be moving to GA in about a month and will be looking for a new group to game with.

What are you willing to play? Literally any RPG system or strategy board game.

GEExCEE
Sep 19, 2012

User Name - GEExCEE

Contact Info - PM me or email me at geexc33@gmail.com

City/State - Asheville, North Carolina

Do you have a group now? - No. My fiancee and I have recently moved to Asheville and would love to find some people to play games with. We've been to board game night at the Wyvern's Tale a few times, but otherwise aren't really very in touch with the community yet.

What are you willing to play? - We've enjoyed Dungeon World in the past, and I'm sure we'd be down for D&D or Pathfinder. I have a feeling Mouse Guard would be fun, but I have no actual experience with the system. We like Settlers of Catan, but our copy is currently in New York. There's an unopened copy of Space Alert sitting next to me that I would love to put to use, and I've had my eye on a Battlecon box for a little while now. Basically, we're wide open and up for most tabletop RPGs, board games, or card games. I haven't really been into minis since I bought like three Warhammer dudes in middle school, but I could see myself getting into Warmahordes if I could find some cool people to play with. Our apartment isn't really suitable for hosting people yet, but give it a few weeks and I'm sure we'd be glad to have folks over.

:420: friendly would be awesome but obviously it's not necessary

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.
User Name - GimpInBlack

Contact Info - No PMs, but you can find me on Steam (same SN as here) or email me at my forum SN at gmail

City/State - Montreal, QC

Do you have a group now? - No. I have a couple of friends who have expressed an interest in trying tabletop RPGs, but I'd love to get a regular group together or join one that's already playing.

What are you willing to play? - I'm mainly a filthy storygaming swine, but I'll play just about anything. I have many, many (depressingly many) years of experience with D&D 1E-4E, WoD (both versions). I love FATE, the *World engine games, and other precocious indy games that are more about finding personal fulfilment than stabbing faces. (Note: Also a huge fan of face-stabbing in the appropriate context.) Board games are always great, too.

PS I should mention I'm one of those rear end in a top hat Americans who moved to a new country without speaking the language, so Anglophone gaming is much preferred.

LambdaZero
Nov 5, 2009

suck it
This is kind of a longshot. There was a guy from Memphis on the last page but that was three months ago, so I'm gonna post this anyway.

User Name - Soviets
Contact Info - PMs, jatkinson20 (at) gmail
City/State/Country - Oxford, Mississippi, USA. (Memphis, Tennessee is also ok. It's not too far and I've got family up there.)
Do you have a group now I have a group of friends that I play magic and other board games with on occasion, but RPGs haven't worked very well.
What are you willing to play? I've got experience with mainly DnD 4e and Star Wars SAGA. I'm super interested in Traveller and Shadowrun 5e. Anything else I'm willing to learn. About the only way I'd say no based on system is if it was super archaic and grognardy.

fadderman
Feb 3, 2008
dyslectic lurker
If there is any goons in my area that wants to play boardgames, now there is a group for that

User Name - fadderman
Contact Info - http://www.meetup.com/Valand-gaming-forening/, fadderman at gmail dot com.
City/State/Country - Stavanger, Norway
Do you have a group now yes we are growing communite of boardgamers
What are you willing to play? we play boardgames at every wensdays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gobbledygoat
Jun 4, 2011

Ask me about
Steaming Early-onset Accessperger's

Free Logical Fallacies only in 2014!
Do not listen to a thing I say.
username: gobbledygoat